GANTZ: Interest Check

Started by pendarious, September 05, 2011, 04:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pendarious

GANTZ

I watched the anime version then went and read the manga and was like “Holy shit this is awesome” and decided to throw out an interest check to see if anyone else would be up for it.

The Plot:
Doomsday is approaching and the human race is entirely unaware of it. Aliens have been invading our planet slowly in small packs however there have been people fighting these aliens and we were unaware of it. For some reason an extraterrestrial being has taken an interest in our planet and is helping us save it by selecting people to go out and fight for it.  The catch? These fighters are already dead……sort of.

Explanation:
This is going to be a somewhat non-cannon game. This means that the actual cast from the GANTZ manga may or may not appear during the course of this game. I do plan to steal the final plotline of GANTZ for this game however but it will be a ways off into the games course. Anyways each player will start with 1 character each though I may raise the number a bit depending on the number of people who finalize their joining the RP. Note that due to the nature of this RP characters can and will die now they may not be your characters they may just be the NPC characters I come up with but Note that death is pretty likely in this world. IF your character dies Just like in D&D or Pathfinder you can just make a new character if you’d like to and if not then you can just drop the game with the death of your character….though I hope I keep it interesting enough that you won’t want to do that.  I would prefer not to use a system for this game but I have a very informal one at the ready in case it is necessary. This will be my first time being a GM on Elliquiy though I have been DM for several D&D campaigns in the past and I’m not new to this. In accordance to the sites rules no characters younger than 16 will be permitted which means I kind of have to work around GANTZ’s lack of pickiness for age but that’s alright.

GANTZ will be played by me but keep in mind that though GANTZ (myself) drives the plot forward by sending the players on missions The players themselves will drive the most important aspect of this game CHARACTER INTERACTION AND DEVELOPMENT. In game you may only see GANTZ every few days-Weeks so there is a lot of time that you all will be driving the events of the story.  Just figured I’d set that out there for you guys to read. I won’t have that much of an active role outside of the missions unless you want to interact with one of the NPC’s who happen to survive.  Also note that GANTZ is at liberty to Kill your characters off IF they actually manage to get someone who is not involved in the Hunts to believe their story about it because he does not want those who aren’t involved to know and once someone does know well then they become a target during GANTZ’s little hunts but the hunter that spills the beans….well their head will explode due to a small bomb placed in their brain.

Well once I see how much interest this gets I’ll post more information
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

iridum248

I'm certainly interested in this. -_^ I do have to wonder how you plan the 'adult' part of the RP to occur, because I've always had a weakness for monsters, and I'd love to see how that might play out. (a la the Osaka arc.)

pendarious

Well The "Adult" part of the RP as far as between human characters is concerned depends heavily upon you the players....but as for monsters....well there may be some scenerios where it might happen though I havent really thought much about monster and human interaction in sexual context....(The Osaka Arc definitely threw me for a loop but hell I don't see why stuff like that's not possible)
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Yulen

I can throw my hat into this ring. Gantz was just....Gantz. Whatever get's started, I'd be more than happy to participate.

pendarious

alright cool if we can get at least 1 more person to sign up then we can begin

iridum248

Glad to hear it. -_^ You might want to take a peek at my O/Os. I'd love to hear what you might have in mind for this game~!

Orochimaru

Why am I not surprised to see this, Pen? Just...why..... I think I talk to you too much.... >.>

If you need back up support for playing the aliens and all. I offer my assistance, Pen.

pendarious

ok for those interested I'll have the OOC and Game threads up sometime within the next two weeks (I'm currently working on moving and I don't know at what point i will or will not have access to the internet) I apologize for the inconveiance of such a wait but thats just how it is.

pendarious

ok so to bump this thread hopefully to gather more players but in anycase for those of you who showed interest if your still game the threads will be posted friday night