You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 21, 2017, 07:30:53 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Pathfinder society advice for a wizard  (Read 232 times)

Offline ShadowshimmerTopic starter

Pathfinder society advice for a wizard
« on: March 12, 2017, 04:07:29 PM »
I might be joining a pathfinder society game and I'm going to be playing a wizard. I'm looking for some help with feats and I want the wizard to be a mix of utility and damage. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Offline RubySlippers

Re: Pathfinder society advice for a wizard
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 08:59:05 PM »
Race, Specialty, Level, Ability Scores that stand out and do you plan to be open to combat feats or not be more physical or focus on your magic.

Offline Tamhansen

Re: Pathfinder society advice for a wizard
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 01:43:51 PM »
As this is PFS the question is, which books are you allowed. Remember you need to own every work you use stuff from.

(Officially anyway)

Step 1 don't over min max, yes that 20 int looks nice but pfs has a lot of rolling. Suggest taking an elf as race, unless you have a special race token.

Take foresight alternative school and an init pet. Going first as spellcaster makes many pfs scenarios real easy.

Focus on CC rather than damage. PFS groups tend to have loads of dps but relatively little defense and healing. Being able to hold that minotaur still while the sorceror and rogue chop bits off is much more useful than an extra magic missile.

Mage armor is your friend.