News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

I Remember...

Started by Erotisch, November 07, 2011, 09:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkWorld0BrightHope

I recall the three above my own, mhm. Heh. Very, very well. Felt like I was the master of the VCR for a while, while trying to get in my max 6-8 hours of recorded video on each and every tape to record all the anime I wanted to be able to watch again in the future, and got peeved when something messed it up... like the dogs changing channels on the Satellite with the remote, or the menu being recorded for 8 hours straight. >.<

I remember Tamagotchi when it was new, as well as the dozen plus other virtual pet toys that came out at the same time. Always afraid that my pets would die, I would attach each and every one of them to a keychain and carry them wherever I went, checking them every minute or so to make sure they don't need anything. It was stressful.
Looking for writing prompts, 500-1000 words. Will do one a day.

Story Tale

I remember Tamagotchi.. I only had one though.. and even that one stressed me out..

I remember having a stuffed dog toy that voided when you fed it a bottle.. >.<

MiaFire

I don't remember the dog.

I remember the dolls that did that too. And the dolls that had those bottles you could buy that looked like the milk or juice was actually being drank because it went to a reservoir tip at the nipple.
In the darkness of the mind and the shadows of imagination...
-

Mordred

I do remember those.. although never had one. :P

I remember a creepy toy (which I loved!) called 'Hugo - Man of a Thousand Faces'.. which was this bald headed plastic head with a dark blue bit of cloth that flowed from his neck.. with all sorts of facial hair, glasses, hair pieces that you could put on him. Sadly, there are pictures of me with the stuff on my face also. Oh the stuff an only child will get up to. *these memories are questionable.. since in reality, I am in fact 1700 years old :P*

*See Pillory*

Story Tale

Lol.. I don't remember him..

But I do remember when cereal boxes came with toys... right in the box! You didn't have to send off proofs of purchases or text BAMM to 74829 or anything.. Promise. Those were the days.

Rinzler

I remember being young enough to aspire to owning a Ford Capri.

Or failing that, a Hillman Avenger.

Sylk

Don't remember those.  But I wasn't into cars much then.

I remember the moon landing on a black and white TV, Microwaves that had a single dial for operation, and my grandmother's 8 burner stove with 2 ovens and 2 broilers in her hot pink kitchen
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

Chaosengine

Whoah!

I remember when Mr. T had his own cereal... and a cartoon show.

Sylk

I remember those.  Both were horrible.

(yeah, my grandmother was a flapper in her youth.  She was a kick)

I remember getting our first color tv and when we got the first gas fired fireplace on the block. It was all inclusive and all the rage.
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

Tizzation

I remember my first concert. Bush and No Doubt.

Story Tale

I remember liking Bush when I was young, but I had to grow up a little more to appreciate No Doubt.

I remember that my first concert was Aerosmith when they had their Nine Lives tour. Still have the t shirt.. very tattered and very well worn..
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide