Interest Thread - Group RP Merry/Anita (Closed)

Started by Tizzation, October 21, 2011, 07:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tizzation

Soral and I have been playing with the idea of starting a Meredith / Anita group RP. It would be based on the worlds created by Laurell K. Hamilton in the Merry Gentry and Anita Blake books. The setting would be in Memphis, TN. We haven't ironed out all the details and would love to talk more about it with interested parties.

ShadowWalker

Hrmm... would you be looking to combine the worlds?

The Merry/Anita worlds are technically separate; the fae in Bloody Bones work differently than the fae in Merry's world. I'd be more interested in a Merryverse RP than an Anita-Verse RP, but I prefer sexy sidhe to sexy vampires any day... :-P

~ShadowWalker

bubby

Been hoping someone would pop up the Merry-verse. It'd have to be a plot heavy as opposed to sex heavy game for me to be interested though. I'd LOVE to play Queen Andais.

Tizzation

Thank you Bubby and ShadowWalker for your interest!

We were wanting it to be plot heavy. We were also hoping to combine the worlds, but depending on interest, we could limit it to one or the other.
Looks like Merry is winning.. :D

Kay Tana

Oh. Time to break the books back out. Its been a while, but I've all of the Merry and about half the Anita. I kinda liked the intrigue in  the merryverse more and they really went into the dark past of the sidhe that you don't often see. My vote would probably lean that way depending on relative time frame and the "hook".

Kuje

I'm bummed we didn't get a new Merry book this year. :(

And I might be interested, depending on what the plot is, etc.

Josietta

Lunar is eeeeeevil.. he shouldn't have shown me this... I am a hardcore Merry/Anita fan. I love Merry above Anita and since I'm already in an Anita based game I'd love to see a Merry one. I was in a Merry one a while back but if there is one going again I'd love to see how it would be ran. :)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

LunarSage

Bah.  I'm only evil lite.  I'm the Pepsi One of evil... just one calorie.  Not evil enough.  >.>

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Tizzation

Quote from: LunarSage on October 24, 2011, 08:09:22 AM
Bah.  I'm only evil lite.  I'm the Pepsi One of evil... just one calorie.  Not evil enough.  >.>

HA ha...

Soral

Hello everyone! Soral here! Tizz's lil sister and co-GM to this epic thread!

Alright... let us all talk about a possible plot. I was thinking of how we could include bits and pieces of Anita into our Merrverse. Now this RP will be BASED off of them, very similar, but not the same. Only original characters are able to be played, and characters of Laurell's will not exist and NOT be played.

Bubbly you said you would like to play Queen Andais well... you can play a character very similar to her, almost mirror her, but not the same.

Now what I was thinking of is that Anita's ghouls, vampires, and shape-shifters be the darker presence in Memphis. They are not sexy, seductive, or refined. They are dark, demented monsters in this world. Our sidhe characters, be they seelie or unseelie, are in danger. Vampires are growing in number, brutal murders are being committed by the shape-shifters, and there are numerous accounts of demonic possession being reported. All this is threatening their secretive existence in the world and causing chaos in their city of Memphis.

Remember this is all open for discussion I would like to come up with a plot that we all agree on and like so that this RP is fun and exciting!

So here is a question I think is very important in finding out what the next step is in the plot.

Do we want to all be a clan, live within a mound and the city? Or do we want to be independent from one another, understanding of each other presence in Memphis, and coming together as a force to reclaim our city and the peace once there?

ShadowWalker

I think the answers to those questions depends on the answers to a few more questions:

A) Are we all looking to play characters from the faerie courts, or are there some who would like to play vampires and/or shapeshifters, or possibly even plucky supernaturally powered mortals a la Anita?
B) Would we all be looking to play the same Court, I.e. the Unseelie (Merry's) Court; are there those looking to play Seelie, Sluagh, Goblin or Demi-Fae Court members?
C) Are we all looking to play Sidhe?

More or less, if we're all Unseelie Sidhe, then it makes sense-- is probably even requisite, even-- for all of us to be some sort of allied faction. If we're a collection of different creatures, that's a bit less needed.

Another question may be outstanding in that what will the status of the Court be-- are we like a mini-enclave of the Court outside the main courts of the books, or are we recentering the Court in Memphis rather than the central courts being located in Missouri?

~ShadowWalker

Josietta

I am happy to hear you are only accepting original characters. That does make me feel better about joining. The overlying plot sounds great as well! At first I was wondering just how you were going to mesh Merry and Anita-verse as they are both different enough they don't really go well together as a whole. I don't remember the Merry books mentioning much in the way of vampires and such and vice versa for Anita. I know they -briefly- mention it but it doesn't go into detail on those on either end.

Though, if I may be so bold to ask....

Just how many players are you looking to recruit?

I ask because if you are leaving it open to so many factions within the Merryverse that can get very complex. If you only have 10 players and all or nearly all are of differing origins (Seelie, Unseelie, Demifey, etc)  then it would be harder to put them all together for a main plot. Whereas if you have that same group but limiting it to all Unseelie with their allies or something similar it could work out a bit more smoothly. Personally starting out I would put it in one area/faction and when the game gets a bigger widen the arena to other factions. Spreading it out too thinly too fast could cause issues with character interaction and development as a whole. It takes a lot of work to glue something together that has warring backgrounds, like putting Seelie and Unseelie together.

I could see some mortal type supes or just plain mortals working with either side however.

Anyway.. just my two cents as well.

-Josi

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Kuje

Having a restriction on the factions sounds like a good idea to me as well. Shadow's and Josietta's questions are pretty much what I would have asked, or what I'm wondering so I'm not going to repeat them. Grins.

Cold Heritage

I think I'd enjoy if we were all Unseelie and it was our sworn mission to take back the night from the vampires, the shapeshifters, and the demons. Putting the boots to vampires has had a special place in my heart since I discovered White Wolf. I'd be okay with the Fae also being part of some kind of secret underworld of magical beings unknown to the general populace at large (I get the impression that magic stuff is secret in this game from Soral's post - apologies if I've inferred wrongly). For the sake of convenience, I would prefer if we were all under some common banner (e.g. we're all sworn to bubby's queen character [if she choses to play such]) so we can all be on side and know each other and not risk, as Josietta describes, being too spread out to effectively play together.

I know I want to play a Sidhe.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Josietta

In both the Merryverse and Anitaverse, magic is known to the public. As are, vampires, werecreatures, zombies, etc.  Some of the more obscure occult creatures may not be well known amongst normal society but everyone knows about faeries and vampires/werecreatures.    They are almost always in the media. The thing with the fae though is that they aren't allowed anywhere but on US soil. The other countries of the world had banished them. They are allowed to stay only if they obey the rules. Most of which includes no god worship, which was the main reason for their exile in the rest of the world, I believe.  For better understanding on the verse try here.   As I understand however, the game is only loosely based on the verse and Soral is making her own version of how vamps and such interact?

I know in Anita Blake vampires dont' typically come out as the bad guy due to how the public views them. They are more like celebrities in some places and take their "coming out" to heart. However there are rogue ones who have to be taken out by vampire hunters and the like.

So I guess all in all, another question is -- just how close to the verses are you looking to get?

I am interested but just want to know some of the smaller details before I work myself up into a character. (I'm spread pretty thin with games and taking this one would only be for my own punishment because I love the Merry setting and character types so much.)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Caela

I would love to get in as an Unseelie Sidhe in a Merryverse game. I think most of the questions I would have have already been asked though so I'll state my interest and wait and see what the answers are. :D

Tizzation

I think we all can agree on playing only Unseelie sidhe, goblin, slaugh, demi-fea, or phouka or a mix of two so that we may all be together. Also I believe it would be best that we are all a part of a mini court centered in Memphis.

Cold Heritage gave me a great idea, plot wise, when he said that we would be "taking back the night" from the vampire, shapeshifters, and evil spirits. Very unlike the Anita series they will be hideous monsters without moral or ethic.

I imagine the vampire looking like this. Nothing like Anita's suave blood-suckers. I want to be rubbing shoulders with Laurell's world but nothing more, if that makes sense. We will be more about Merryverse and only taking the darker creature side of Anita's in our RP.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

No more than ten people shall be play, for now. Everyone will have one character. Humans have no knowledge of our presence in the world and this is what we shall be fighting to defend.

Soral

ALL PICTURES MUST BE REAL PHOTOGRAPHS. NO ANIME, CARTOONS, DOLLS, ECTERA. I made this character sheet as detailed as possible so that, since we are all part of the same court, then we should all know somewhat about each others character before we begin the RP. If there are things you are not sure about put N/A in the space or a ? if you are not sure.

[i][b]General Information[/b][/i]

[b]First name:[/b]
[b]Middle name(s):[/b]
[b]Surname:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Date of birth:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Current residence:[/b]
[b]Relationship status:[/b]

[b][i]Traits of Voice[/i][/b]

[b]Accent (if any):[/b]
[b]Language spoken:[/b]
[b]Other languages known:[/b]
[b]Style of speaking:[/b]
[b]Volume of voice:[/b]

[b][i]Physical Appearence[/i][/b]

[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Eye colour:[/b]
[b]Skin colour:[/b]
[b]Shape of face:[/b]
[b]Distinguishing features:[/b]
[b]Build of body:[/b]
[b]Hair colour:[/b]
[b]Hair style:[/b]
[b]Complexion:[/b]
[b]Posture:[/b]
[b]Tattoos:[/b]
[b]Piercings:[/b]
[b]Typical clothing:[/b]

[b][i]Personality[/i][/b]

[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Education:[/b]
[b]Fears:[/b]
[b]Personal goals:[/b]
[b]General attitude:[/b]
[b]Religious values:[/b]
[b]General sociability:[/b]

[b][i]Health[/i][/b]

[b]Illnesses (if any):[/b]
[b]Allergies (if any):[/b]
[b]Sleeping habits:[/b]
[b]Energy level:[/b]
[b]Eating habits:[/b]
[b]Memory:[/b]
[b]Any unhealthy habits:[/b]

[b][i]History[/i][/b]

[b]Birth country:[/b]
[b]Hometown:[/b]
[b]Childhood:[/b]
[b]Teen years:[/b]
[b]Adult years:[/b]
[b]Past places of residence:[/b]
[b]History of family:[/b]
[b]Briefly explain life story:[/b]

[b][i]Relationships[/i][/b]

[b]Parents:[/b]
[b]Siblings:[/b]
[b]Any enemies (and why):[/b]
[b]Children:[/b]
[b]Friends:[/b]
[b]Best friend(s):[/b]
[b]Important friends/relatives (explain):[/b]
[b]Love interest (if there is one):[/b]

[b][i]Combat[/i][/b]

[b]Peaceful or violent:[/b]
[b]Weapon (if applicable):[/b]
[b]Style of fighting:[/b]

[b][i]Magic[/i][/b]

[b]Innate Abilities:[/b]

[b][i]Others[/i][/b]

[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Current home:[/b]
[b]Favourite types of food:[/b]
[b]Favourite types of drink:[/b]
[b]Hobbies/past times:[/b]
[b]Guilty pleasures:[/b]
[b]Pet peeves:[/b]
[b]Pets:[/b]
[b]Talents:[/b]
[b]Favourite colours:[/b]
[b]Favourite type of music:[/b]

Does anyone have any more questions, comments, or concerns? Tizzation and myself are very open to all of your ideas. We are the GMs but we want the rest of our players to have some sway in what happens. Not too much because we have surprises in store. ^__^

LunarSage

I believe Josi is interested in one of those 10 spots and if I can I'd like to reserve one as well.  I should have a character worked up today or tomorrow.

Soral

Glad to hear that, Lunar! Can't wait to see you character!

As for everyone else here is this link to the OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=122884.0

Josietta

Yes please do count me in for a place. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Cold Heritage

The Anitaverse had the rotter vampires. They were pretty ugly and heavy-duty - as I recall, the only way to be sure you got one was to take a flamethrower to them until they were well-done.

I guess then my question is what our characters would generally do for money. Could a character just be independently wealthy, and put on the public face of being old money? Or should we have jobs (fae 7/11 workers, here we come!)?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Josietta

I'm going to put this here for now... its a WIP. That character sheet is massive! :P

General Information

First name: Catriona
Middle name(s): NicAdair
Surname: A'Faar
Race: Sidhe
Sexuality: Heteroflexible
Current residence: Memphis Mound
Relationship status: Married

Traits of Voice

Accent (if any): Slight Irish Accent
Language spoken: English
Other languages known: Gaelic, French
Style of speaking: silvery sweet
Volume of voice: softly spoken

Physical Appearence

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 145lbs
Eye colour: Green
Skin colour: Ivory
Shape of face:
Distinguishing features: Hair and eye coloring are supernaturally tinted
Build of body: Lithe and Slender
Hair colour: Red
Hair style: Long and wavy
Complexion: Pale
Posture: Straight and Tall
Tattoos: None
Piercings: None
Typical clothing:

Personality

Likes: honeysuckle and cinnamon, late nights, old books, intelligence, charm, flirting, seduction, sweet whispered words, gardens
Dislikes: red caps, blood, being cold, polyester, deep pools of water, arrogance without warrant for being so
Education: Basic High School and Two year College Equivalence in Public Relations
Fears: Enclosed spaces (Claustrophobic)
Personal goals: To have a family and a station on the royal council
General attitude: Carefree with lawful alignments
Religious values: Gaelic in origin with Pagan influences
General sociability: A vertible social butterfly

Health

Illnesses (if any): None
Allergies (if any): None
Sleeping habits: Deep sleeper
Energy level: High Energy
Eating habits: Multiple small meals mainly consisting of vegetables
Memory: Terrible long term memory but short term in perfection
Any unhealthy habits: Sleeps late in the mornings and stays up too late at night

History

Birth country: Ireland
Hometown:
Childhood:
Teen years:
Adult years:
Past places of residence:
History of family:
Briefly explain life story:

Relationships

Parents: Father- Adair Araan, Mother- Leira Araan
Siblings: Older Brother- Rhonin, Older Sister- Dihanara
Any enemies (and why): None known
Children: None
Friends: Gandlin Goodswil
Best friend(s): A demifey named Keeshera
Important friends/relatives (explain): Father is on the council of elders/sidhe for the Unseelie
Spouse: Joraviel A'Faar

Combat

Peaceful or violent:Peaceful
Weapon (if applicable): None
Style of fighting: Self Defense/Judo

Magic

Innate Abilities:

*Fertility
*Plant and Vegetation Manipulation and Communication

Others

Current home: Memphis Mound
Favourite types of food:Sweet breads, fresh fruit
Favourite types of drink: honey mead, pomegranate juice
Hobbies/past times: Reading, Gardening, Going out to see a Movie
Guilty pleasures: Tragic Romance Novels, Reality Television, Long hot showers
Pet peeves: People who drum their nails or bite them, fast driving, ignorance
Pets: none
Talents: The ability to play nearly any Musical Instrument
Favourite colours: Green, Deep Brown, Most Jeweltones
Favourite type of music: none

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Caela

Will start working on a sheet tonight but wanted to ask, are there any hands of power in particular that you would prefer our Sidhe not have?

LunarSage

My own WIP:

General Information

First name: Joraviel
Middle name(s): Aegis
Surname: A'faar
Race: Half Sidhe, Half Troll
Sexuality: Straight
Current residence: Memphis
Relationship status: Married

Traits of Voice

Accent (if any):
Language spoken: English
Other languages known:
Style of speaking: Average to Slightly Overbearing
Volume of voice: Average

Physical Appearance

Height: 6'9"
Weight: 260 lbs
Eye colour: Grey
Skin colour: Mediterranean, Slightly Grey
Shape of face: Chiseled
Distinguishing features: Slightly Grey Skin
Build of body: Very Broad and Muscular
Hair colour: Black
Hair style: Short
Complexion: Near Flawless
Posture: Straight
Tattoos: None
Piercings: None
Typical clothing: Blue Jeans and a White T-Shirt with Thick Leather Boots when he doesn't have to dress up.

Personality

Education:
Fears:
Personal goals:
General attitude:
Religious values:
General sociability:

Health

Illnesses (if any):
Allergies (if any):
Sleeping habits:
Energy level:
Eating habits:
Memory:
Any unhealthy habits:

History

Birth country: USA
Hometown: Queensborough, NY
Childhood:
Teen years:
Adult years:
Past places of residence:
History of family:
Briefly explain life story:

Relationships

Parents:
Siblings:
Any enemies (and why):
Children:
Friends:
Best friend(s):
Important friends/relatives (explain):
Love interest (if there is one): Catriona A'Faar (Wife)

Combat

Peaceful or violent: Violent if provoked or those he cares about are in danger.
Weapon (if applicable): Large Two-Handed War Maul
Style of fighting: The School of "Hit Hard Enough and You Only Have to Land One Blow".

Magic

Innate Abilities:

*Great Strength and Stamina

*Skin of the Aegis: Joraviel is able to channel the magic of the Earth and harden his flesh to a rock-like consistency, allowing him to withstand injury that would fell any normal Fae.  In this form his strength is increased a bit as well but his speed is slowed somewhat.

Others

Current home:
Favourite types of food:
Favourite types of drink:
Hobbies/past times:
Guilty pleasures:
Pet peeves:
Pets:
Talents:
Favourite colours:
Favourite type of music: