Episode III (Spoilers may be present!)

Started by Trieste, May 19, 2005, 04:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandren

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on May 21, 2005, 07:59:38 PM
Anyway the last one sucked, it was supposed to be before the original series several decades. They never met the Klingons, Romulans and other races plus didn't even have warp drive. I was looking forward to at least nothing but new races save for the Vulcans and maybe other core Star Trek cannon Federation races. For a good series watch Stargate SG-1.

Just out of curiousity, how long did you watch Enterprise?  Beacuse it was set hundreds of years before ST: TOS, they met the Klingons in the very first episode, came across the Romulans in this past season, met the Orions (green skinned slavers/"slve girls" that Kirk made out with several dozen times) this past season, came across the Andorians (the blue skinned guys with the antennae) pretty early, explained why the Klingons had no brow ridges in TOS but had them back in TNG . . .

Ah well, UPN's cancelled it anyway.  :(

At least there's still Stargate in both incarnations and Andromeda.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Silk & Steel

Quote from: nick012000 on May 27, 2005, 02:41:28 AM
Because this can't be allowed to disappear without somebody reacting to it. ;D

Small request - before just posting a link - have the curtosity to tell people what they are going to get when they click - my retina's are still burning, and after several hot showers I still don't feel clean. No more blind link clicks that is for fucking sure.

Very uncool nick.

No cheers for you.

nick012000

Quote from: Silk & Steel on May 29, 2005, 11:34:45 PM
Small request - before just posting a link - have the curtosity to tell people what they are going to get when they click - my retina's are still burning, and after several hot showers I still don't feel clean. No more blind link clicks that is for fucking sure.

Very uncool nick.

No cheers for you.
*giggles*

It's not that bad... Compared with some of the stuff I saw linked to off the forum I found that, it's almost tame.

Silk & Steel

glad you find it funny - I sure as hell did not -considering it was blind link. I know you now, and won't fall for that again.

Again - no cheers for you.

Zaer Darkwail

Just as off note I tell you that in classified I am starting a Starwars rpg, I could have need for players ;).

nick012000

Quote from: Silk & Steel on May 30, 2005, 01:46:12 AM
glad you find it funny - I sure as hell did not -considering it was blind link. I know you now, and won't fall for that again.

Again - no cheers for you.

Considering that the post was in response to

Quote from: SpelAnd so a million slash shippers rush off for pencils and paper... [/url]

and my response was "Too late.  :o", you would think that it involved a slash fic would be fairly obvious. ;)

kat

Okay, since this is the Ep III thread I'm going to be perfectly honest here about my reaction to the movie:

First off, I'm not a big star wars fan to begin with. I've seen all the movies and I thought EP I & II sucked. EP I especially. I wasn't disappointed because I really wasn't expecting much, and in some ways I was pleasantly suprised, but overall it was a bad as I expected.

I'll start with what I liked: Samuel L. Jackson kicking some major butt. My friend thought he should have brought more Jedi with him (maybe some that were competent and didn't get killed in less than a second), but my reactionw as, this is Sam Jackson, he needs no backup.

Obi-wan, Ewan did a wonderful job and channeled some Alec Guiness at moments. He did a really awesome job with what he was given.

Oh, and I think for the first time we got to see some actual weather in a star wars movie! Rain!

What I disliked: The plot was weak, but then all these prequels had questionable plots.
Anakins sudden leap to the darkside, did someone flip a switch or something?
The Emperor's disfigurement from force backlash. I always thought it was cuz he used the force to keep himself alive for so long, the truth was less impressive in my eyes.
Amidala and Anakin's complete and utter lack of any on screen chemistry. Maybe it's because Anakin was played by an actor even more wooden than Keeanu Reeves?
How come no other Jedi noticed Anakin wore black all the time? Hello? CLUE?
No one could detect the emperor's evilness?
No jedi could figure out this plot that involved thousands of clones across the galaxy?
No clone had second thoughts about killing the Jedi?
The battle robots were cute and all, but they suck at fighting! Am I the only one who noticed that?
No sense of chronology - Amidala is thin and pregnant, then a few minutes later she's rounder than a beach ball. What happened there?
I kept wondering why the hell a robot was coughing - until the closeup of grevious' eyes and then I realized he wasn't a robot.
The fact that Jedi, which are supposed to be big badass commando types were leading regiments, and were killed off with incredible ease. Lucas has these incredible plotholes that irritate me. These Jedi powers work - unless I need them not to for some strange plot point. Argh! How about some internal consistency!

My biggest complaint: Where the hell were all the women? I don't think any woman other than Amidala had a speaking role. And the female Jedi only got about twenty seconds of screentime and that was just to be shown in some tight fitting outfit before being slaughtered. I'm not normally some bra-burning man-hating feminist, but this pissed me off for some reason.

Blah. The End.(though I'm sure there is a bunch of stuff I forgot)
Good sex is like good Bridge... If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

A hard man... is good to find

-Mae West

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I do not want poke your overall opinion. But I wanted say that clone soldiers follow BLINDLY orders and only reason why they were ultimately all killed and replaced normal well trained humans were because that Emperor was afraid that someone else could use them against him. So clones did not object killing jedies who leaded them in battle because fo the specific code wich was ordered on them. Yes, they are perfectly brainwashed :P.

Witness

Quote from: Lirliel on May 19, 2005, 12:57:21 PM
Good job in portraying the storyline Trieste, I loved the movie. I went with a good friend of mine (Who's an even bigger starwars nut then me, she's got all nine of the books),

"All nine books?"  Tell that to my bookshelf... <g>

Natalie C. Barney

Ok I saw the movie and wanted to wait for my impressions after awhile. First GO R2D2 that little guy is full of surprises. And Yoda was real neat even if he lost. And the little Jedi's good college try trying to take down Darth Vader, at least they tried.

Ok the bad things. The Jedi Fight Scenes at least the close up were aweful, those face showing ones and they could have forgone the super leaps, they look fake. The ships looked too good. They didn't have those little flaws they had when they used miniatures, and many don't seem to follow the laws of physics in the background.

Another thing is the Jedi did seem to go down kind of easy except for Yoda (little badass Jedi Master), you figure most would sense a disturbance in the Force or something. Especially with Jedi getting wiped out all over? And at the Jedi Temple they saw this massive formation coming to the temple led by a guy in black and they didn't get the hell out. They must have had secret ways out, Jedi are supposed to be bright if I saw an army of hundreds of clones I would get the Younglings and get my Jedi ass out of there to fight later on.

It was also kind of neat seeing the Clone Officer that loyally served and was trusted by Obi-Wan try to frag him with that big cannon. Now thats a soldier following orders!
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

3ldr1tch

Talking of Sci Fi Series, dis anyone see the Firefly Series? I thought it was pretty cool. Grittier and more realistic than spanking white ships, federations, etc, etc. Even the characters act less heroic and more human. Shame they only made 13 episodes ...
The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all of it's contents.

- H.P. Lovecraft ("The Call of Cthulhu")

Natalie C. Barney

Quote from: 3ldr1tch on June 24, 2005, 08:25:48 AM
Talking of Sci Fi Series, dis anyone see the Firefly Series? I thought it was pretty cool. Grittier and more realistic than spanking white ships, federations, etc, etc. Even the characters act less heroic and more human. Shame they only made 13 episodes ...

I copied them all to DVD and VHS so I'm set. I loved it with that hot companion in it, did you catch the one where she had a woman client. WOW!!! And yes I thought it was much more realistic and gritty.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

3ldr1tch

I had a soft spot for River. I liked the mixture of innocent torubled girl / creepy witchy woman with ulta-high IQ thing. I guess I'm just wierd like that ;)

A iLittle bird told me that the film "Serenity" is due for release in September. I can't wait.

The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all of it's contents.

- H.P. Lovecraft ("The Call of Cthulhu")

Amberghylles

Quote from: 3ldr1tch on June 26, 2005, 06:17:23 AM
I had a soft spot for River. I liked the mixture of innocent torubled girl / creepy witchy woman with ulta-high IQ thing. I guess I'm just wierd like that ;)

A iLittle bird told me that the film "Serenity" is due for release in September. I can't wait.

I liked all of the characters, it was just a great show.

"So next time, can we go to the crappy planet where I'm a hero?"