Avatar and Signature:: Size and Animation

Started by Mnemosyne, June 04, 2016, 01:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mnemosyne

So me being the worry wart that I am, I wanted to get a second opinion... Does my avatar seem okay? Does it abide by the size rules, and is it okay with it's animation..?

I also wondered as far as the rules went about animated .gifs, it said something about only one animated .gif in your avatar or signature at a time..? Does this mean only one as your avatar or your signature? (( Meaning you must choose one or the other. )) Or does it mean you can only have one in each designated area..?

Please and thank you for all help. <3
I like my posts like I like my cock.
Thick, lengthy, and something I can choke up on.
Cravings//Apologies&Absences//O&O
I've been Insulted... Disrespected... I've been
Mistreated

AmberStarfire

It looks fine to me. :) You wouldn't be able to add your avatar at all if it didn't fit the size requirements (200 high x 150px wide or under).

My understanding of the gif rule is a maximum of one (including both avatar and signature) but I'm not sure where it's mentioned. It may be that I took that to include avatar as well (erring on the side of caution).

There's some info on here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=453.0
but I couldn't see any relating to the gifs.

Oniya

It looks fine, including the animation.  All of the rules about avatars and signature images are in this post below the general rules for the forums.  The animation guideline is there to help prevent the clutter of lots of movement on the page, which can affect loading times and even make it difficult for people to read posts.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Mnemosyne

Thank you both so much for this information! It helped a lot. However I have come upon a bump in the road as I edit my signature. I am not sure if it is because of the size of my photos or what? I could have sworn it was working one second, then the next it was not? I have been attempting to put text in between two different pictures within my signature. Is that a possibility? To have a picture on both sides of your signature, one floating left and the other floating right? Or will this never work with the way html coding works..?
Mistreated

AmberStarfire

You should be able to do that. What you could do is put the images in first, and then the text last, and centre it. If the images are bigger then the text should fit between them.

Blythe

Quote from: Sinesthesia on June 04, 2016, 03:49:08 PM
Thank you both so much for this information! It helped a lot. However I have come upon a bump in the road as I edit my signature. I am not sure if it is because of the size of my photos or what? I could have sworn it was working one second, then the next it was not? I have been attempting to put text in between two different pictures within my signature. Is that a possibility? To have a picture on both sides of your signature, one floating left and the other floating right? Or will this never work with the way html coding works..?

Pictures on either side of the text? My sig does this. :)

Here's the code I used (minus my hyperlinks):

[float=left][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/f/f9/New_OO_Image_April_30_2016_PurpleBlue.png[/img][/float][float=right][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/d/d1/New_AA_Image_April_30_2016_PurpleBlue.png[/img][/float][center]
I'd listen to the words he'd say, but in his voice I heard decay.
The plastic face forced to portray all the insides left cold and gray.
There is a place that still remains...it eats the fear; it eats the pain.
The sweetest price he'll have to pay...
the day the whole world went away.
~[b]NIN[/b] - [i]"The Day the World Went Away"[/i][/center]

Which should display like this:

I'd listen to the words he'd say, but in his voice I heard decay.
The plastic face forced to portray all the insides left cold and gray.
There is a place that still remains...it eats the fear; it eats the pain.
The sweetest price he'll have to pay...
the day the whole world went away.
~NIN - "The Day the World Went Away"

Oniya

Also, make sure that the images are uploaded to the Wiki.  We had some problems occur when people hotlinked images from other sites, particularly when the hosting site was unavailable.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Mnemosyne

Thank you for the additional help! I have gotten all of the pictures all lined up now... but the text is askew... I am starting to think that perhaps I need to in fact just make another picture including the text rather than trying to be sneaky and fitting all of the text in the way that I want... (( Since I am trying to create a signature such that it does not have to be scrolled for to view? P.S. Preview of what madness I am trying to attempt is in my signature now! ))
Mistreated

Peripherie

I have seen people do that a few times. They make images that include their text and then have them lined up together to look like one signature item - however when clicked on different sections it directs to different places (A/A, O/O, etc).
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Mnemosyne

I have gone forth and done that now... I wonder though... since the signature picture is meant to be 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall... do I have too much in my signature now? Or is the biggest picture you can have is 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall? Does the combination of my pictures count towards that...? Or no?
Mistreated

Oniya

Your signature isn't scrolling - doesn't look too busy either.