Judge Dredd: Apocalypse in Mega-City One! (looking for F)

Started by Darthvegeta800, December 24, 2010, 08:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darthvegeta800

"In the future... the law is unforgiving, relentless and without remorse. For anything else will only bring anarchy"

All hell has broken loose in Mega-City One! In the midst of a new Gangwar of unseen brutality, the Judges are spread far too thin.
It seems impossible to get to grips with the situation. Especially since several factions seem to wield hightech highly illegal weaponry.
Furthermore several incidents have taken place that escalate the situation.
A group of heavily armed professionals have raided a prisonfacility, releasing some of the worst and most violent criminals still alive.
Simultaneous part of the city has become infected with a strange virus which drives people insane, bringing about a mindless dire to kill. Containment of the district is proving difficult.
And at the opposite side of the city, a robotics factory is unleashing massive machines of war.
There seems to be no clear plan behind these incidents except that they are throwing the massive overpopulated city into chaos. On the brink of anarchy, Judge Dredd has gone in to deal with the worst situations but even he cannot be in more than one place.

Meanwhile others: both Judge, civillian and criminal are entangled in a fight to survive. Short-lived alliances are made and the madness that holds Mega-City One in it's grip seems far from solved as the military prepares to step in.

The story begins with a lone Judge arriving in a troubled neighbourhood atop his Lawmaster. Strange things have been sighted and the patrol sent to interven has dissapeared. With no backup available, the lone Judge hopes to quickly evaluate the situation, if possible assist his fellow Judges and then see what can be done. What he is about to find however will be truly terrible indeed...

Chrystal

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Darthvegeta800

Someone actually knows her?  :o

Feel free to drop me a pm.  O:)

Chrystal

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Darthvegeta800

Chrystal

Well if you're as old as the woman you feel I tend to feel a 49 year old and a 46 year old - the latter being me...

But I generally behave like I'm 23

HairyHeretic

Are you running a variant on the old Block Mania storyline?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Chrystal

Quote from: HairyHeretic on December 25, 2010, 04:29:00 AM
Cool :)

2000AD was a staple read of mine growing up.

Prove it...? *giggles* A little 2000AD Christmas quiz for you.

1) What did Joe Black use the replicator machine for?
2) Who was Jonny Alpha's partner?
3) Who was his father?
4) What did Tharg usually eat?
5) What was Tharg's space ship disguised as?
6) What was "BOING®"? Which strip did it first appear in, and how was it used to temporarily avert disaster?
7) What punishment was Abelard Snaz given by the gods?
8) What was John Probe's code name? What was the name of his boss?
9) Why are hover-bikes used exclusively on Lunar 1?
10) Complete the lunar saying: "A smart man can beat the law, but only a fool ....."

Borag Thung, Earthletts!

HairyHeretic

I think I can answer 5 of those, with partials on a couple more. However, it might be best to take this to Off Topic, rather than completely derail our hosts thread :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Chrystal

PM me the answers. I was thinking Darth might want to answer them too...

Darthvegeta800

LOL I don't even know most of these.
But then I have only managed to pick up limited Dredd stuff over the years.
The distribution is awful over here. ^^