Rifts.

Started by Muse, January 13, 2006, 11:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

Does anyone out there run Rifts or Nightbane? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Celestial Goblin

I was actually always curious of the system, though never got to play it. It's a hybrid of sci-fi and fantasy i know. I'll likely be reading the main book soon, so if there will be a game i might try it.

Siegfried

I've got more Rifts books than I can shake a stick at.  I'd like to play a game with them, but parts of their systems just don't make any sense.

Amberghylles

I've played and run both Rifts and Nightbane (or as my rule book calls it, Nightspawn <grin>)

I find Rifts to be very over the top, but sometimes that's just what you want in a game.  And Nightbane is just damn cool.

Xerial

When you can make a man all but unkillable and able to rip apart solid stell with his bare hands, but guaranteed to die in four years, you are bound for the biggest a wacky over the top frag festival this side of a coked up Rambo...

Brandon

Let me just add to this conversation Juicers and Mystic Knights rock. Im a long time rifts players and GM but sadly I dont have the time to run an additional game at the moment. Besides I like my rifts games to be a little more localized then the commonly overdone 'jump through every dimension the GM can think of'
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Xerial

Every RIFTS game I was ever a part of ended up almost the same... one of the guys would have a small army of giant spider walking robots reprogrammed to speak in French Canadian accents and somehow he would manage to obtain giant touques for them and train them to weild giant hockey sticks... it was just... odd...

Brandon

The best rifts game I ever played was based around a small town just inside Tolkien's border. It was mostly a magic based group though I was playing a dragon juicer at the time and we spent the better part of 6 months every week just preventing that town from being attacked by bandits and Coalition soldiers. The great thing about it was we were seen and treated as heros by a population of about 200-300 people.

The dimension jumping thing just gets boring to me
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Muse

Most fun. 

Would anyone be intrested in running? 

I keep thinking that the Splugorth would make for an intresing blend of an action/adventure plot with cuthulesque bondage sequences for those who enjoyed them. 

Or even without them, an atlantian slave girl revolt might be intresting. 

Or anything else that would amuse the GM, even without any sexual content at all. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Siegfried

Despite my misgivings with the system; I would love to play in their universe.

Celestial Goblin

So i got it, the RIFTS book, with mister tentacled guy on the cover, and his nice harem who vigoriously guard their sweetie from any harm.
I like it a lot from what i glanced, thoug i didn't even try to delve into the mechanics.
Some of the coalition vehicles... Oh my... How pretentious...
The dog soldiers are scary as hell, the overall anti-utopia feel very nice, the high tech gear...
well sorry, it's often very sexy...
Rolling up a test character i got an charismatic intellectualist with very poor physical prowess and huge endurance, though i understand usually players can assign attributes as they want, right?
Overally it's fun, though i agree the 'Juicers' are a crazy concept...

Amberghylles

I like the juicer.  For four to five years you are THE MAN.  And who wants to get old anyway?   Most soldiers/mercenaries/adventurers get killed in the field anyway...

It's interesting to put yourself in the mindset of a suicidial drugged up psycho for a while.  It gives you a certain liberating freedom to take insane risks you wouldn't normally in a game... and more often than not succeed at them.  <grins>   

Celestial Goblin

Sure it's nice, but actually i thought that a lot of people from that depressing world would do it, and suddenly, well... I'm guessing that a supplements called 'Juicer uprising' would tell me what would happen then.

Brandon

Juicer uprising is my favorite book. Playing a juicer is just awesome and fun but I also love the technological type pilots. Borgs are pretty fun too though. Nothing like being a walking arsenal thats tough as a tank.

Amberghylles

Well, what happens is that if you don't get yourself killed your body just up and wears out.  Usually a heart attack or some other form of sudden tramatic system-wide failure as the bio-comp just can't keep you going any longer.  

Juicer Uprising has a lot of expanded information on the Juicer Process along with several new types of Juicers and a bunch of crazy Juicer weapons.  (I mean, who else would use an MDC chainsaw with a laser SMG built into it?)

Natalie C. Barney

No I always like the level headed soldier in a big war machine- in Robotech a Destroid with huge guns or an advanced veritech with racks of lethal missles.  ;D

In Palladium Fantasy I usually played a Witch or a Warlock- maybe a Men-at-Arms.

Not sure about RIFTS never got into the system much.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Siegfried

Same system, different world.
Personally, I'm more impressed with the Rifter.  The ideas than fans come up with and send in for pure fun are better than some of the offical character classes.  As for the Juicers, I love the favour text from Juicer Uprising:  "If you wanna be tough, become a Juicer.  If you wanna be a GOD, become a Mega-Juicer."

Brandon

Personally I like my dragon juicer way more then any mega juicer. Having a phobia where you think dragons are out to get you leads you to more interesting roleplay encounters and burning villages then one would suspect. Hearing the interest Im acctually tempted to run one now but I really dont think I have the time to devot to another high mantenance game.

Something that might help in finding a GM. Everyone give a description of what they want in a Rifts game.

Siegfried

To feel like what are characters do, matters.  To have opponets that are beatable.  Movie style fight scenes.  The chance to sleep with some hot bodies.  That's about it for me....

Natalie C. Barney

Not really RIFTS lets you bring in characters from any of their systems but I found it doesn't always work. But what's the fun with an invincible character I tend to like having to work at it some- my favorite game I played in was NINJAS AND SUPERSPIES I ran a female merc with a liking of heavy firepower and was good at Kenjitsu (gun or katana it was all good).  ;)
Natalie Clifford Barney

Amberghylles

Well, honestly my favorite Rifts character was a crossover Nightbane.  Went from being a doctor in Chicago in Nightbane Earth to fighting the guerrellia war against the Coalition out of Tolkeen and the like.  Of course, it was interesting that his facade form and it's medical skills were often as valuable as his horrific MDC morpheus form's raw fighting power...

Siegfried

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on January 14, 2006, 09:46:11 PM
Not really RIFTS lets you bring in characters from any of their systems but I found it doesn't always work. But what's the fun with an invincible character I tend to like having to work at it some- my favorite game I played in was NINJAS AND SUPERSPIES I ran a female merc with a liking of heavy firepower and was good at Kenjitsu (gun or katana it was all good).  ;)
Ninjas and Superspies good, Mystic China better.  I'm not saying that characters should be invincible, but I want to fight and actually have a chance of winning.  The majority of the enemies in Rifts' are so powerful that you can't do anything against them.

Natalie C. Barney

That's why I generally don't play RIFTS. I get ROBOTECH the machines are formidable but they are still normal people inside (or miniature aliens) so its the best of both worlds. And remember in that Anime Series the best action took place outside the mecha sometimes.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Muse

Hm... 

I'm torn between a Mind Melter and a a True Atlantian Tatooed Babe...  I mean, undead hunter. 

Hm...  I might be playing a bit latter today, I'd better go see if I can make either of those charecters work. 

Faolan

My favorite book was Rifts: Atlantis and my favorite class was True Atlantean Undead Slayer. The whole tattoo magic thing gives me a woody and I love the concept of true atlanteans. And Undead Slayers are just BaaaaaD Aaaaaasssssssss!  hehe.

Anathanasia

Though I'm not really interested in playing in a Rifts game, thought I'd add a suggestion for those of you thinking about it.

Best Rifts game I played in dropped the MDC, which evened things out nicely so that wildnerness hunters weren't getting splattered to bits in the first big fight. I think the rules are in the conversion book, converting MDC to AR and SDC, and it worked rather well for us.

I think the whole MDC thing works fine in robotech, where it's central, but in Rifts there's too much different crap, and MDC just gets in the way. Not to mention the whole Palladium system is just in dire need of a complete overhaul...  :D
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Celestial Goblin

Meh... I thought to myself, getting one point of this m.d.c. would be quite twinky, but very useful, i thought...
The wonderful equipment selection, nice armour, the weakest one...
'Plastic Man' suit has 30 m.d.c., ain't it nice, other armours go as far as 60.
Certainly needs of adjustment, though it's a fun thought.

Natalie C. Barney

But when alot of weapons do LOTS of MDC damage are these suits kind of useless? I just don't think MDC works very well and limits option. What if you wanted to play a Mutant Ninja Sparrow from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? I'm sure a Katana would devestate anything opposed to such a mighty opponent.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Celestial Goblin

If only the sparrow would wear a mask over his/her eyes, the katana would cut the armour, it's approprietly dramatic.
Actually, i think a normal energy gun stands some chances on the armour, but melee weapons don't. Might need house-ruling for some kind of critical hits perhaps.
As for now, i've read trough the 'coalition wars:sedition' scenario and like it a lot. Full scale face-off between fascists with technology and demon summoning magicians was really what i was looking for.
When i turn on some Iron Maiden songs, it really seems to make sense in a realistic way, it's all like it should be...

"There they go, teleported on a hill of overturned runestones, good glance at the platoon of black-clad coalition grunts and their spider warmachine. Making a fat sizzling lightning bolt drop on them is just the beggining, soon the clear sky is twisted into a physics-defying whirlwind, the machine limps with one foot melted away and a lone surviving dead-boy runs away.
As much as Magnus would delight to have Morrigan give the spider tank another smile, barking of those who smelled the magic from across the field is much more of a concern. Marco's goggles adjust their sights on the first dog-boy, a hulking bulldog hybrid who barks an encouranging battlecry, runed parts of his bronze machine gun move... At the same time the quiet, shy Georginia completed her transformation and a puff of sulphur escapes her nostrils.
To the grav-bikers flying overhead, it's not even the primary target, as in the distance the horizon is lighted up by a ley-line growing in power. Their names are Astaroth, Loki and Shub-Niggurath, and summoning them was deemed by the Tolkeen council as nessesary evil."
*giggle*

Muse

Ajoxer

I always loved Rifts Japan- I'd have to look through my books, but I'd love to play as a Crazy... Heheheh... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Siegfried

Rifts Japan rocks.  I heared that they were suppost to release Japan 2 soon, but that it got put back on the burner with the twenty other books they want to release :D

Ajoxer

Also, I have NEVER had much difficulty in understanding the Rifts system.

That should be a random roll on the Neurosis, or possibly Psychosis table...
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Muse

I believe I'd most like to play an atlantian undead slayer in a rifts game. 

Amberghylles

The thing with RIFTS (and almost every other Palladium game I've read or played) is that there's no real effort to balance classes.  Not saying that this is good or bad, but it really does require a bit of planning pre-game to set the scale.  As long as the group is all of a similar power level, the game can be set to match and all is good.

Ajoxer

Well, Crazies are about midlevel- Around Dogpack and most Magicians, not as strong as a Juicer, Dragon-Hatchling, or Glitter Boy, not as low-level as a City Rat or Wilderness Scout or such.

Ajoxer

I got a copy of the Nightbane RPG, in PDF, I believe. Muse, IM me!

Natalie C. Barney

Well that is the problem with RIFTS its supposed allow any calss from any of their games to work in a single world but it doesn't work. I favor the idea but trying to have a Mutant Ninja Sqirrel and a Juicer and a Veritech Pilot work in the SAME game is almost impossible. Want it to work as a concept try RISIS now there is a universal system and even that Mutant Ninja Aquiirel can find the chink in the Mecha Pilots war machine with his katana. Ok not realistic but that is the bane of too many games what about suspension of disbelief!

Problem with RIFTS is its trying too hard. I like the individual worlds and not too much mind the whole idea but it just doesn't work very well does it.  ???
Natalie Clifford Barney

Faolan

Actually the imbalance between character classes is one of the things I like a lot about RIFTS. A wilderness scout with a laser rifle should get stepped on by a veritech pilot. It makes sense. If you want a game that is balanced the GM has to restrict players to a specific list of equal level classes/races etc.

Ajoxer

I personally agree with that idea- After all, realistically, a Juicer wouldn't work with a Wilderness Scout or even, possibly, a Crazy, because they simply aren't as batshit intense. Similarly, the average Juicer probably won't be working alongside a Dragon Hatchling or Godling, since he'll be a bit of a drag on them- However, each of them can find their own perfect niches. I may just go for a Ninja Crazy if they look like a decent " High" class... Just because it's such an awesome idea. Anyway, yea, I think that the class imbalance works out fairly well- The Juicer, Atlantean Undead Slayer, and Glitter-Boy are more suited to, for instance, craaaazy Dimension-Hopping, whereas a team of a Wilderness Scout, Street Rat, and maybe a Deadboy would do well finding themselves thrown together and trying to clean one of the Chi-Town Burbs of a gangwar.

Natalie C. Barney

But my point is its supposed to allow ANY OCC from ANY game and let them be tossed together what about a Ninjas & Superspies WORLDLY MARTIAL ARTIST with just martial arts as a weapon. Its clear they missed the mark. Seems to me RIFTS turned into its own world and cannot allow this diversity.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Faolan

Actually if you go through the conversions book to convert a N&S martial artist some of them get pretty powerful because theit Chi effects become souped up in RIFTS.  And I think they did perfectly well with the integration in terms of bringing any character from any of their games and putting them into rifts. My problem with them is that they are a bunch of juveniles and their core rules don't really make a lot of sense, nor is their a lot of internal consistency to the world.

I don't have a problem with the idea that some characters just cannot play with other types of characters. There are different power levels and they are not intended to be played together. Either that or the low poowered ones are just supposed to be happy playing second fiddle in combat.

Siegfried

I have more a problem with the skills.  I understand not getting everything you want right away for a character, but to be unable to learn any skill that you want later on is just plain stupid.  Also, the concept of you character not being able to improve their physical selfs at all is even more of an oversight.

Faolan

That's why I made a conversion to GURPS rules. I have to find some server space to post it back up on the net again eventually. Anyway, GURPS is far and away a the best RPG system for those looking for realism(IMNSHO). Palladium guys come up with a lot of great ideas but they don't ever rein themselves in or attempt to check against work they've already done. And they have some of the best illustrations in all of the RPG book publishing world.

Siegfried

I second that.  One of the best ideas they ever had was producing the Rifter.  Allowing players to come up with ideas, be sent in and show to everyone else while getting a sum of money, not a very large sum mind you, was excellent.

Ajoxer

Well, anyone who's willing to GM it? That's what we most need...

Celestial Goblin

I'll admit my head is full of ideas for a game set during the Coalition-Tolkeen war, though there are two problems.
First, i'm just reading the mechanics and i'm bound to make mistakes, second, when i'll finally activate WoW, probably monday, it suck me in for a time.
That said, i'm willing to try.

Ajoxer

Well, I just finished a Crazy. Ended up surprisingly strong, as he's able to lift... roughly half a ton. I named him, whimsically, " Joe."

Celestial Goblin

When making a test char, i've got really poor physical stats and not much better mental. His only asset was high endurance, so i decided to make him a crazy to have his physical stats raised to the minimum. Don't know how much can he lift, but they're bad-ass enough as a class. Guess we'll fire the game eventually... anybody else interested?

Ajoxer

Well, they're good, but they're nothing compared to, say, a Juicer... Less severe end results, though.

Brandon

Just a suggestion but for new rifts GMs I always recomend you keep the usable resources small and to something your familiar with. For instance say nothing out of the core book, or maybe core and Triax only if you were doing an NGR based game.

Celestial Goblin

Yes, i'll stick with the corebook and some rules from the campaign. Basically i'd prefer players to use the corebook stuff only. Equipment from others could be discussed, but with moderation.
I'd prefer the chars being mobile and elastic, basically they should have no problem entering burbs and sneaking into chi-town on counterfeited papers, able to take care of themselves in wilderness and preferrably not lugging too much gear. Power armour could be problematic, cause i can't guarantee a glitterboy or coalition pilot he'll always get to use his toy. Of course it's all to agree upon, if you want, the party can be a military unit and such problems will dissapear.

Brandon

Military is ok with me but freelance is just as good. I do like the idea of playing a CS ranger or special forces unit out to do search and destroy missons. The brainwashing they've gone through makes things intersting IMO

Zakharra

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on January 15, 2006, 02:31:45 PM
As for now, i've read trough the 'coalition wars:sedition' scenario and like it a lot. Full scale face-off between fascists with technology and demon summoning magicians was really what i was looking for.
When i turn on some Iron Maiden songs, it really seems to make sense in a realistic way, it's all like it should be...

"There they go, teleported on a hill of overturned runestones, good glance at the platoon of black-clad coalition grunts and their spider warmachine. Making a fat sizzling lightning bolt drop on them is just the beggining, soon the clear sky is twisted into a physics-defying whirlwind, the machine limps with one foot melted away and a lone surviving dead-boy runs away.
As much as Magnus would delight to have Morrigan give the spider tank another smile, barking of those who smelled the magic from across the field is much more of a concern. Marco's goggles adjust their sights on the first dog-boy, a hulking bulldog hybrid who barks an encouranging battlecry, runed parts of his bronze machine gun move... At the same time the quiet, shy Georginia completed her transformation and a puff of sulphur escapes her nostrils.
To the grav-bikers flying overhead, it's not even the primary target, as in the distance the horizon is lighted up by a ley-line growing in power. Their names are Astaroth, Loki and Shub-Niggurath, and summoning them was deemed by the Tolkeen council as nessesary evil."
*giggle*

*Vietman* "I'm sorry sir. We had to destroy the village to save it from the Cong. Yesssir. The operation was a total success. The enemy was completely wiped out."

*coughs*  :P

I like the idea of RIFTS, but I only have oine PC in that system. A dark elf Leyline Walker. I like playing her alot. Unfortunately, I don't have any books, so I'd need help to change anything about her or to roll up a new PC. I'm willing to play if anyone can get one running.

Siegfried

I've got more books than I can shake a stick at.  I wouldn't mind helping the GM in any way, but I would prefer not to GM alone because I have no experience in that manner.
As for the character classes, what about playing as one of the Psychic's?  The Dead Heads use them as well.

Muse

Celestial Goblin, does that mean I have to come up with something other than an Atlantian Undead Hunter?  I can certainly do it, but I'd probably wind up coppying a charecter from Rpol. 

Also, what level? 

<--has a thing for Psi Swords.  Or, in the case of this gal, whips. 

Ajoxer

Could go for that ridiculous Sword-Whip of Ivy's, from Soul Calibur...

Celestial Goblin

Psychics, sure. You'd all start at level 1 i guess, though i could agree that those who'd play the weaker types would start higher. I have the atlantean book and i can allow the hunter, as well as the plasma whip from it or some other kind of fancy whip. It would be easier to stick to the main book, though, so if you're willing to be a cyber knight, go right ahead. Dark elf leyline walker would perhaps conflict with the CS guy, unless it would be a CS guy who has reasons not to shoot her on sight, which i'd prefer.
If no one would change his mind, the party would look the following:
Ajoxer - Crazy
Guardianangel - CS special forces
Zakharra - Dark elf ley line walker
Siegfried - CS psychic
Muse - Atlantean undead hunter or cyberknight

That would mean a party not needing to fear a couple of Pecos or a stray deamon.
I'm planning to start you in the first phase of the war, way before the sorcerers revenge.
Both CS would be trying to take Zakharra's magic user hostage, Muse's char would likely to just wander in, and the crazy could either be the the ley walker's bodyguard, Muse's companion or merc for CS.
Of course events would require you to join forces, at least temporarily.

Muse

Okay, this looks like fun, new concept.  Dame Stessana Eidolon, Cyber-Knight, philosipher, and historian (Which means not only rescuing damsels in distress, but also poking through ruins in search of pre-rifts artifacts.) 

Her most prized posession other than her knighthood, a pre-rifts coppy of Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Friedrich Nitzche. 

And I rolled scarily for her too, 2 23s and a 4. 

Celestial Goblin

Cool, we'll have a lot fun with her, but what do you intend for the Achilles's heel? 4 in attribute?

Muse

Speed, very easy to raise through training.

Celestial Goblin

Ah yes, running skill itself gives a decent boost.
Say, the CK are mentioned to have 'cyber-armour', but i can't find it nowhere in the book, is it an add-on to the normal armour?

Natalie C. Barney

Well I might play I miss Palladium but have little RIFTS experience but played Robotech and other systems. Are there any simple OCC types that would be good?

Maybe a unmodified merc with power armor [not a mec but maybe a 10' tall power suit they must have them] and MDC weapons especially a BIG GUN. A big two handed heavy nasty gun she can nickname! hahahahahahaha

Basically I don't want to do more than blow things away with extreme prejudice with somebody else deciding when to do it. Maybe some mechanical training to fix the armor and a few hobbies.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zakharra

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on January 22, 2006, 11:43:40 AM
Psychics, sure. You'd all start at level 1 i guess, though i could agree that those who'd play the weaker types would start higher. I have the atlantean book and i can allow the hunter, as well as the plasma whip from it or some other kind of fancy whip. It would be easier to stick to the main book, though, so if you're willing to be a cyber knight, go right ahead. Dark elf leyline walker would perhaps conflict with the CS guy, unless it would be a CS guy who has reasons not to shoot her on sight, which i'd prefer.
If no one would change his mind, the party would look the following:
Ajoxer - Crazy
Siegfried - CS psychic

That would mean a party not needing to fear a couple of Pecos or a stray deamon.
I'm planning to start you in the first phase of the war, way before the sorcerers revenge.
Both CS would be trying to take Zakharra's magic user hostage, Muse's char would likely to just wander in, and the crazy could either be the the ley walker's bodyguard, Muse's companion or merc for CS.
Of course events would require you to join forces, at least temporarily.

Cool. You running the game CG? I'll find and send you her profile and bio. We'll need to pare her down to 1 level again, but that should go fairly easily I think, with your help.

Celestial Goblin

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on January 22, 2006, 01:00:51 PM
Maybe a unmodified merc with power armor [not a mec but maybe a 10' tall power suit they must have them] and MDC weapons especially a BIG GUN. A big two handed heavy nasty gun she can nickname! hahahahahahaha

God in heavens, make more gals like this one ;D
I think what you're think would be a glitter-boy, the oldest but best pre-rifts power armour. It's 10'/3m, and one of it's biggest assets is the 'boom-gun', a weapon that accelerates it's projectile fast enough to break the sound barrier. One supplement also has a 'glitter-girl' variant if you need to be both sexy and destructive.
It's a bit of an overkill class, but i'm willing to accept it, though i again remind that there are places where you'll be without the armour.
Oh, and there's also the SAMAS armour that the coalition uses, a bit weaker, smaller(2,4m) and without the boom-gun, but it has skullshaped helmet and you get to be a nazi.
Whichever you want is fine, i guess. Does somebody more experienced than me know how do Glitterboys and Sam's compare to other stuff in power level?

Quote from: Zakharra on January 22, 2006, 01:04:56 PM
Cool. You running the game CG? I'll find and send you her profile and bio. We'll need to pare her down to 1 level again, but that should go fairly easily I think, with your help.
Yes, though it probably doesn't start immidietaly. Send it indeed, actually everyone could send me what he wants to play before i ask for a forum for the game.

Ajoxer

I rolled my stuff standard " 8 rolls of 3d6 in sequence." Which ended with the amusing event of him having a PB of 19. Hah!

Natalie C. Barney

Well for when she is forced to go naked she'll have rank and file basic body armor if heavy and big gun! Think a SWAT TEAM member in full armor and a big gun the suit must have a staorage bay or two. Wait don't glitter suits have stabilizers that imbed in the ground to handle the recoil of the big gun?

NAZI? So can she rape women and stick her heel on the head of some ungrateful citizens that forgot their place. Or if male on other things. mwhahahahahahahaha

Giltter Girl also show promise do they also get a big gun!

Just no bionics or other stuff except for role playing or if needed for operating her suit. A bionic eye if she lost one or an arm woould be ok just nothing like a decked out cybersoldier or juicer.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Ajoxer

Glitterboys are, all in all, designed to fight in their robot suit. In suit? She'd blow poor Joe in half, easy.

Out of the suit, however, they're just a decent fighter- In which case, Joe can make a delicious three course meal out of her.

Zakharra

Quote from: Ajoxer on January 22, 2006, 02:28:45 PM
Glitterboys are, all in all, designed to fight in their robot suit. In suit? She'd blow poor Joe in half, easy.

Out of the suit, however, they're just a decent fighter- In which case, Joe can make a delicious three course meal out of her.

*gets many cans of spray paint, sneaks in and sprays graffite all over the armor.  giggles, and sneaks out*

Natalie C. Barney

*later the graffiti artist has the wall bashed in and a fully powered Glitter Gun pointed the offending party*
Natalie Clifford Barney

Muse

::apluase:: 

Whereas Stessana (Yes, once again I'm making charecters inspired by Bishrook) doesn't need power armor, she'll carve up the mega damage critters with the sword formed from her own mental energy.  ;) 

Natalie C. Barney

Ok here are my stats I think I got them all right?

IQ 16
ME 11
MA 10
PS 13
PP 16
PE 13
PB 22
SPD 9
PER 11

GLITTERGIRL! Will call her gun [MS. BOOM BOOM] and it will be pink as will her glitter armor and clothes and makeup and hair and well all pink. Who says Gliitter Girl operates can't be sexy with a sense-of-humor.

Character Name: Doshi "Pinky" Hanzo

Now I need help doing the character anyone have the needed books and the time?
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zakharra

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on January 22, 2006, 04:21:00 PM
*later the graffiti artist has the wall bashed in and a fully powered Glitter Gun pointed the offending party*

Hi! *smiles brightly, kicking the empty paint cans under my bed*

Celestial Goblin

You need only the corebook to make the character, and the Quebec supplement if you want rules for the glitter-girl. I have both, but prefer to stick with the corebook.

Max

I had a concept I wanted to play in a Rifts game that never got off the ground.  A friend was going to play a Glitter Boy, and I was going to play his mechanic (fixer, can't remember the proper name off hand.)  If there is still room, I'd like to give the idea a chance.  But, haven't looked at Rifts in ages.

And he would give new meaning to the words bad attitude.  If anyone remembers Black Sheep Squadron, think the mechanic from there.
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

Celestial Goblin

Wow, it's going to be a populated game. If our glitter-girl agrees, be her service guy, if not, still hop aboard.

Faolan

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on January 22, 2006, 11:43:40 AM
Ajoxer - Crazy
Siegfried - CS psychic

Just wanted to put in my two cents as someone who's run a lot of Rifts games. in that crowd the undead slayer would be very powerful. Head and shoulders above the rest balance wise.

Just something to consider.

Celestial Goblin

Muse will play cyberknight, it's set already. We'll having a glittergirl that could be quite powerful though.

Faolan

Saving grace balance wise on the glitterboy/girl is that they are human inside the armor, with no psychic abilities. Plus GB can't fly and had limitations as to how the boom gun can be used. So that makes it much more even. I'd actually probably put the Line-Walker above the GB just because they have such a broad base of spells to draw from.

Natalie C. Barney

But nothing is more impressive then planting oneself against a hill and unleashing massive damage with a big gun- plus such characters are not as complicated.  :-*

Well since I have no RIFTS sourcebooks again I need help and with her looks a Glitter Girl would be more fun.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Faolan

Oh I'll agree that the glorious power of annihilating one's enemy's in single shots from your gun can be a heady thing. :)

Ajoxer

Heh. So, looks like we'll be a Medium-High level group- Mostly non-Megadamage Creatures, but fairly deadly fighters.

Zakharra

I'm unfamiler with the system and I don't have any books, so I'll need some help in things.

Ajoxer

Hey, Celestial Goblin, for one of my weapons... A boomerang built with a vibro-edge, used like a regular boomerang- IE, uses the Archery and Targeting WP- but does damage equivelant to a vibroknife, IE 1d6 MD. Sound reasonable? Has a range of 60 feet, as I recall. I just love the imagery of the boomerang. >_>

Celestial Goblin

Ajoxer, no problem.
Zakharra, contact me trough MSN and i'll help you out, you Natalie too.
I have the books.

Ajoxer

Well, then cool, my character is finished.

Through silly, silly rolls, I ended up with a PB of 19... and not much else.

Thank god for Mind Over Matter and Physical skills...

Natalie C. Barney

I was wondering is there any easy RIFTS character type? I want to keep this as simple as possible...

You know like in Palladium you could be a Mercenary OCC a basic normal fighter. Glitter boys sound kind of complicated...
Natalie Clifford Barney

Celestial Goblin

In RIFTS there isn't much more complicated-ness in playing a glitter-boy. The 'typical' fighting OCC's would likely be Coalition 'deadboy' grunt and the headhunter, though headhunter has cybernetics to choose, for example. Unless you take a magician, scientest or a non-human, it's all easy.

Zakharra

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on January 26, 2006, 02:13:29 PM
Zakharra, contact me trough MSN and i'll help you out, you Natalie too.

Problem. I don't have MSN. I have mIRC and ICQ.

Natalie C. Barney

No I was wondering if there was like a being with an MDC body, MDC armor and a MDC Damage Martial Weapons that kicks butte? No mecha or other things to worry about unless a natural power or straight forward ability.

Example a demigod that can hurl energy bolts that do alot damage and wields a big magic runesword. I was thinking a goldling sort with maybe the superhero occ that's powers are in like a runesword that does MD. Less complicated and easy to put together the better. [Like THOR in Marvel for a good example.]

You know herself, MDC magical or technological armor with no special features and a really great magical sword- might go for a hoverbike or something but not be hard to shove together and run for me.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Muse

Oh, no, she's going ot break out Panthoens of the Megaverse or the Tatooed Babes! 

Natalie C. Barney

Well I want this character to be close to a Palladium Fantasy sort of character but mages are too complicated powers in a sword are fixed. And the rest would be her. Anyway with none of the books save TMNT and Robotech I need to keep this easy to build.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Siegfried

Well, gods, demigods and godlings all exist, but are very powerful.  Powerful enough to kill our entire group with little effort.  Not to mention the enemies of your pathanion would come hunting for you and any one you adventure with.

Faolan

A mystic hero(I think that's the right term) from Heroes Unlimited would be perfect I think.

Natalie C. Barney

Ok what about a Mystic Heroine of some sort, maybe with the power level a Mutant/Mystic Heroine or a something. You know MDC Protective Skin (power) and Super Leaping plus a Magic Sword- and Martial Arts Training and the like. I could picture her leaping acrobatically and with a mighty swindg doing a major dose of MDC damage. Figure lots of physical athletic skills and some high tech ones.  Failing that hurling an MDC attack off her mighty rune sword!
Natalie Clifford Barney

Ajoxer

That'd probably work decently. Though she'd likely be on the high level of power, alongside our Cyber-knight and Glitterboy, while I'd probably be on the midlevel, maybe with the Coalition psychic and Leyline Walker.

Celestial Goblin

Let's keep it to the corebook, please. You can be the Glittergirl, or you can choose something else from the OCC's. If you certainly have to take something that's not in core, i'd have to take a look at it first.
I'm just installing ICQ so i can help you out with your chars.

Celestial Goblin

195-600-092 is my ICQ.

Siegfried

Well I just rolled my stats over at Invisable Castle.  That site must love me.  Before adding in any skills, this is what I've got: 20, 20, 20, 19, 14, 14, 10 and 8.  What in the hell kind of psychic has these stats?!  As for what class I'm playing, I want to be a Zapper.

Celestial Goblin

Meh, you'll be able to be a powerful psionic *and* administer some old fashioned brute force, seems.

Natalie C. Barney

Ok then are there any pre-generated characters? I don't have ICQ and am computer functional not more than that. Plus I don't download stuff if I'm not 100% ciomfortable doing so.

Natalie Clifford Barney

Celestial Goblin

I don't think there are pre-gens, though i do can generate one for you. Problem is, i'd rather have you at least take a glimpse at the world description and other things. I'll think about making a char for you, but would prefer to have your input. Installing MSN or ICQ is no big deal, and we can also discuss it on some chat or irc or something.

Zakharra

I added you to my ICQ CG.  ;D

Ajoxer

Jesus, mary and Joseph, you stole my luck, Siegried! Heh, that's an incredible stat-set you've got there- That puts your mental stats at basically incredible, and if you were to care to take the proper skills, she'd be as physically strong as my character...

Siegfried

The light side has nothing to do with my luck.  *signs several papers and waves small demons away.*
The way I figure it, if I'm working for the CS, I might as well get use to seeing these little red guys a lot! :D

All kidding aside, I've never had a character with stats this high on single dice rolls alone.  Never.  It's always though skill selection or spending more CP's that reach this level.

Ajoxer

I can imagine, those rules are practically unreal. This character has superb mental stats... BUT S/HE'S NEITHER PRETTY NOR FAST, OF WHICH I AM BOTH!

I find it amusing that my Crazy can run- And I measured this- at a consistent speed of about 50 KM/h. And he's a hot tamale... Out of curiosity, do you suppose those bulging protrusions are standard order? I mean, you'd think there'd be a P.B. negative modifier or something, but no, Joseph can make the ladies line up with a snap of the finger, most of the time.

It'll be an amusing game.

Celestial Goblin

It's all nice, i know the movement speed can be twinked to super-heroic proportions. I'm guessing that a sexy guy of a crazy could be all from just handsome to really exotic, though there's no rule he has to have the metal things in his head. Provided he is good looking, any kind of implants would be rather well hidden, maybe just a plug at the back of the head, or something like that.

Siegfried

Or even better, he makes the implants look good.  Like a fashion style.

Ajoxer

Aaaah, perhaps thin steel wires extended from his skull, looking like hair, but made out of steel? Opens the door for all kind of hilarious anime hairstyles..

Celestial Goblin

How about a shiny steel headband under a mess of flowing blonde hair? Or a row of iron 'piercings' going together with short, straight haircut?

Siegfried

*starts thinking*
What about a Crazy that was totally into Goth?  Wears black clothing, white face paint and has piercing all over the rest of his body.

Ajoxer

I'm ethnically opposed to nihilism, sadly, but the shiny headband can work nicely.

It's nothing personal, just a deep, utter hatred for fatalism, nihilism, all those sorts of things. Too much joy de vivre.

Celestial Goblin

Nihilism? Fatalism? Not that i give a damn about them, but i'm nuts for the fashion and attitude associated with them. Not Goth at all myself, i simply get turned on by spookily beautiful people. I will be requesting a forum soon. Does everybody have their characters ready? And you Ajoxer need to decide, will your character be a body-guard for the D-bee Leyline-walker, or a companion for the Cyberknight? Theoretically, a CS mercenary can also happen, though Coalition rarely hire Crazies.

Ajoxer

Bodyguard for the LLW sounds good. ^_^ Lemme just transcribe the file from one computer to the other... How detailed a background would you like?

Muse

Well, I did as much of her as I could, then sent the sheet to Ajoxer.  I don't know if he understood that I needed help, or thoguht I was just asking for a critique. 

Ajoxer

Ah, sorry, forgot about that. >_< Well, I'm still unsure what you need help with- It's the combat statistics, right? I'll check it out, get it put together. Sorry about forgetting, heh...

Muse

The combat statistics most expecialy, also the skill percentiles, equipment, and waht psionic powers are acutaly availalbe. 

Celestial Goblin

Ajoxer, the background should just state where he's from, how he got the M.O.M. conversion and how he got to meet Muse's character. Muse, it's up to you if you want to be from Tolkeen itself or a volunteer from outside, and if you want to be a part of their forces, or just accidently mixed up in the conflict.

Ajoxer

Combat
Four Attacks per Melee
Initiative: +1
Strike +6
Dodge +8
Parry +8
Roll with Punch, Impact, Fall: +9, +3, +9

There's combat...
Literate 50%+5% per level
American 96%
Dragonic 96%
L 1       80%+5%per level
L 2       80%+5%per level
Lore: Demon  45%+5%per level
Lore: Fairy  25%+5%per level
Anthropolgy  40%+5% per level
Paramedic  50%+5%
Land Navigation 51%+4%per level
Horsemanship 55%+4%per level
Swim 60%+5%per level
Climb 62%+5 per level
Gymnastics  Kick Attack 2d4
           60+5/level Sense of Ballance
           60+3/Level Work Paralell Bars and Rings
           70+2%/Level Climb Rope
           70+5%/Level Back Flip
             +7% Climb Skill Figured in!
             +5% Prowl skill
             +2 to roll with punch of fall, +2 PS, +2 PE, +1 PP, +2d6 SDC=+7SDC
WP Ancient
WP Modern
1  Heavy
2  Energy Rifle
3  Energy Pistol
Body Building   +2 PS, +10 SDC
Hand to Hand: Martial Arts
Acrobatics  60%/5%/Level Sense of Ballance
           60+3%/Level Walk Tight Rope
           80+2%/Level Climb Rope
           +15% Climb
           +5% Prowl
           +1 PS
           +2 Roll
           +1 PP
           +1 PE
           +1d6 SDC=2
Boxing      +1 Attack/Melee
           +2 Parry/Dodge
           +1 Roll
           +2 PS
           +3d6 SDC=12
Running
Detect Ambush 30%+5% per level
Pilot: Motorcycle 60%+4% per level
Wrestling          +1 Roll
                  +2 PS
                  +1 PE
                  +4d6 SDC=18
Writing 30%+5% per level

Secondary Skills:
Archeology 20%+5% per level
Cooking 35%+5% per level
Dancing 30%+5% per level
Intelgence 32%+4%per level
Prowl 35%+5% per level
Tracking 25%+5% per level

Gimme a minute to select some decent equipment.

And I was thinking of him meeting the D-Bee, actually.

Ajoxer

Also, starts with Cyber-Armor, which gives 50 MDC, and an A.R. of 16. I'm not sure if there's SUPPOSED to be A.R. ratings in Rifts, but if there are, that means if someone hits her, if they roll a 16 or less, their attack misses.

Ajoxer

Equipment: A suit of personalized, heavy, mega damage body armor, including Coalition armor ( I recommend Deadboy armor, 80 MDC, -50% Prowl skill)
Suit of light MD body armor, set of dress clothing, set of black clothing for covert operations. Gas mask and air filter, tinted goggles, hatchet for cutting wood, a knife or two, ancient weapon of choice, modern handgun and rifle, probably energy weapons, three extra ammo clips, first aid kit with all the extras, tent, knapsack, back pack, saddlebags, two canteens, emergency food rations- two weeks supply- Geiger Counter, and some personal items. Transportation can be just about anything. Weapons are page 203 forward, Armor is 193.

Zakharra

Ok, when does this game have a starting time and forums to begin in?

Ajoxer

So, Zakharra, Joseph working as a bodyguard for the Dark Elf sound good? He probably does it on a wild impulse, simply because it's... something new. ^_^

Zakharra

Quote from: Ajoxer on February 04, 2006, 08:59:27 PM
So, Zakharra, Joseph working as a bodyguard for the Dark Elf sound good? He probably does it on a wild impulse, simply because it's... something new. ^_^

Umm.. who's Joseph?

Ajoxer

The name of my Crazy. Heh.

Zakharra

Zakharra

Zakharra

CG, I got the pdf DLed and installed.  :)

Celestial Goblin

I'm just sending a request for a forum, pray it won't be like last time...
And it's exotic system again. Anybody who does not want to be tentacled, simply state that and i'll have outer-dimension monsters not have this kind of interest in you, ok?

ZK

Board created with Archive & OOC child board.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Zakharra

I don't know if anyone noticed, but this game has been moved to Bondage and the Like: Exotic section. If you were looking, that's where it went to.

insaneplots

Just curious if this game is still going and has an opening for another Player? It's hard as hell to find a RIfts Game on here or anywhere else.

Brandon

If this is the game Im thinking of (and there have been 3 or 4 rifts games on Elliquiy over the years) most of the player base didnt actually make characters. We only had 3? people finish up which wasnt really enough to play with. If you would like a rifts game I would suggest making your own thread to rouse some interest. There are players out there

Muse

*waves* 

I do hope you can get someone to run again.  ^_^;; 

Vincent

This thread is relevent to my interests.
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.