New World of Darkness: Atro City {RECRUITING FROZEN}

Started by Blythe, March 07, 2013, 02:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Quote from: Blythe on March 07, 2013, 08:59:49 PM
An OOC is up, and it details the first, and largest, step in character creation: creating the base human. If you are playing a vampire, you used to be human. Changing breeds and werewolves were essentially human before their changes. Ghouls still are human, just with some added kick of vampiric blood. Changelings were human before being taken to Arcadia.

We will discuss plot ideas within, and I will post Alexander Shaw's character sheet and powers soon enough within it.

Please PM me your character sheet before posting. I need to approve it before it is posted.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=167768.0

And Ruby, you slightly misunderstood me. I was asking if your Gangrel would help or harm  not  Alexander, but other vampires or people who may have taken sides already, if your Gangrel had attachments to any other characters. What I'm asking is if your character is willing to work with the other characters (or actively fight against them) who would be created here, who will likely take sides.

I understand the Unaligned just fine. The Unaligned vampires are those who either deliberately choose not to take sides, being independent at heart, sick of vampiric politics, just plain don't care, haven't found a covenant that suits them, or they are newly Embraced into unlife and have not selected a movement.

Again is her Unlife on the line, that would decide her position then did she give her word on something the one thing that binds the Unaligned is they keep their deals if at all possible. Likely she would try to work out her place if the mages and werewolves win, well one should always hedge their bets if Unaligned. And the Prince seems to be pretty desperate right now its not to her unlikely the vampire presence might fall to the other side, mages have lots of powers and werewolves are just scary so will be pragmatic.

If she has a mage or werewolf lover though that might shift things she would protect a loved one.

Blythe

Quote from: AndyZ on March 07, 2013, 09:16:39 PM
I would personally recommend at least 50xp to start.  We want to have characters that don't feel like they just fell off the boat, and supernatural people tend to be cream of the crop people anyway.  (Though ordinary mortals can get the same bonus since they've got to be able to keep up.)  Not that 50xp gets you anywhere near to cream of the crop, but you don't feel like complete crap.

Is your prince going to be a PC set up with the same amount of XP as everyone else, an NPC who guides the story and mostly stays back as you run things for us, or some combination therein?

I was thinking of assigning about 75 EXP. Alexander Shaw will have about 200 EXP. Essentially, if the PCs want to kill him, they need to gang up on him or be a little crafty, but definitely possible (he will have a combination of combat and noncombat powers, so while he'll be a challenge, he'll still be killable). If he's an ally, 200 EXP means he's competent enough to protect his allies, but it explains why he's having problems with Uratha and mages. He's not nearly as strong as many vampiric elders. So essentially, he'll be a combination.

It might take me a little bit to set this up. I need to post character creation rules and templates for those unfamiliar with the World of Darkness system.

And thank you for clarifying, Ruby.

Note for everyone: I'm about to update the top of the page with what type of writing skill/length I would like to see.

Also, the OOC has the human base template now, and it has the vampire one.

More to come tomorrow.

Ephiral

Just saw this in your sig, Blythe, and I'd love to get in on this if I can. I tend strongly toward mages, and would likely play a female Acanthus if going this route, but I've also got a vampire concept that's been sitting on the back burner for a while - a male Khaibit, detached-reflection variant, almost certainly Ordo. Very fiercely loyal to his allies, operates best in a right-hand-man role. He'd align quickly either for or against Alexander, depending on where the people he identifies with are. (Hell, it might be Alexander himself that he feels that link to.)

AndyZ

Ephiral, please let me know if you end up going Acanthus, since that's one of my ideas also and we probly don't want to overlap.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Blythe

Ephiral, I'm open to bloodlines. And I've played a Kkaibit before; I like their resemblance to the classic game's Lasombra.

Another player is going with an alliance type idea with Alexander--if you would like to as well, it gives us a stronger "Loyalist" feel and establishes definitively that we have that as a faction. Since AndyZ would like to be an Acanthus mage, I suggest your backburner Khaibit. If you do have a male vamp, what will his sexuality be?

Also, remember, if there are things you wish to opt out of, I need to know. If there are things you're uncomfortable with, I need to know. I want to remind everyone of that. This is in the nonconsensual exotic small groups section, just in case.

Ephiral

Quote from: Blythe on March 08, 2013, 12:09:00 AM
Ephiral, I'm open to bloodlines. And I've played a Kkaibit before; I like their resemblance to the classic game's Lasombra.

That's what draws me to them - they've got the darkness motifs of the Lasombra, without the broken powers or the "We're the eeeeeevil Ventrue" issues.

Quote from: Blythe on March 08, 2013, 12:09:00 AMAnother player is going with an alliance type idea with Alexander--if you would like to as well, it gives us a stronger "Loyalist" feel and establishes definitively that we have that as a faction. Since AndyZ would like to be an Acanthus mage, I suggest your backburner Khaibit. If you do have a male vamp, what will his sexuality be?

I have zero issue with either of these points. He'd be heteroflexible, I think.

Quote from: Blythe on March 08, 2013, 12:09:00 AMAlso, remember, if there are things you wish to opt out of, I need to know. If there are things you're uncomfortable with, I need to know. I want to remind everyone of that. This is in the nonconsensual exotic small groups section, just in case.

Thanks for reminding me. I have zero issue with pretty much anything taking place IC, but will likely prefer to fade-to-black on explicit sex scenes unless I'm feeling very comfortable. This is a personal preference; I don't care what others do or don't do around me.

Blythe

Sounds fantastic! I'll finish getting character creation rues up within a day, and we can all hash out concepts in the OOC.

Yes, you can post specific queries in the OOC Just not a character sheet until it's approved via PM.

Visna

I don't have to play a female vampire. Really, I'd be up for playing almost any of the races. Note that most of my characters are lesbian-leaning, though. I'd prefer, if we had enough women, to make them entirely lesbian, but that depends on the players.

Blythe

Quote from: Visna on March 08, 2013, 01:18:25 PM
I don't have to play a female vampire. Really, I'd be up for playing almost any of the races. Note that most of my characters are lesbian-leaning, though. I'd prefer, if we had enough women, to make them entirely lesbian, but that depends on the players.

Play whichever race you're most comfortable with, Visna. But if you play a lesbian-leaning character, does this mean that you would prefer to NOT have a male ghoul (servitor addicted to your blood you obeys you)? There is another player who expressed interest in this. Just let me know if you do or do not prefer it, and we'll go from there.

Visna

I'd prefer to have a female one. I'm leaning more toward playing a werewolf or human just because I love playing out characters who, ultimately, end up losing to a vampire. I'm going to wait a bit and see after a few people make their own character sheets though.

Greytrail

Hey, bro, I'd like to get in on this, but I'm having trouble finding a hook. See, me? I'm ALL Garou. (There's a reason I chose Greytrail as a name!) Lone wolf, hate the leeches, alpha male kind of Garou. Wendigo or Get warrior type of personality. I'm not certain how to fit that into a group like this unless... he's fallen somehow. Boy could have issues if a leech got their fangs into him perhaps. Lost his honor and went rouge to survive. If there's a spot for this type of straight but not narrow type of fellow, I can start detailing.

later!
-Grey

Blythe

Quote from: Greytrail Ravenswolf on March 08, 2013, 01:52:57 PM
Hey, bro, I'd like to get in on this, but I'm having trouble finding a hook. See, me? I'm ALL Garou. (There's a reason I chose Greytrail as a name!) Lone wolf, hate the leeches, alpha male kind of Garou. Wendigo or Get warrior type of personality. I'm not certain how to fit that into a group like this unless... he's fallen somehow. Boy could have issues if a leech got their fangs into him perhaps. Lost his honor and went rouge to survive. If there's a spot for this type of straight but not narrow type of fellow, I can start detailing.

later!
-Grey

There are two sides to this RP--and players do not need to be on the same side. You can play to depose Alexander, that filthy leech! <3

Ah, and Greytrail, this is thew WoD setting. The werewolf tribes are a little (frankly....a LOT) different this time around. The Wendigo, Get of Fenris type werewolves, those hell-bent on preserving werewolf purity, are a part of the Pure, and they hate the Forsaken werewolves that follow the light of Luna. It's possible in the NWoD to play a somewhat corrupted werewolf--the tribes don't always get to the werewolves in their first Change.

But Visna mentioned something about werewolves.

But yes, a Garou would be welcome. I'm working on that template and the template of the changing breeds, since they too have garnered some interest. Visna expressed werewolf interest or human interest.

Siereis

So this looks like a lot of fun still but I'm gonna go ahead and call myself out.  Just too unfamiliar wit the WoD setting and have a lot of RPs going right now anyway.  Regardless, best of luck to you all and have some bloody, sexy fun.

Blythe

Quote from: Siereis on March 08, 2013, 02:30:06 PM
So this looks like a lot of fun still but I'm gonna go ahead and call myself out.  Just too unfamiliar wit the WoD setting and have a lot of RPs going right now anyway.  Regardless, best of luck to you all and have some bloody, sexy fun.

Thank you for letting me know, Siereis. That helps.

ALL OF YOU WHO WANT TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE POST ONCE IN THE OOC NOW.

Saxa

Hi Blythe!

I am interested in playing a Female Hunter. As you already know, I don't have any of the books so I will hoping that you can help with that. I like the premise and this just might be the RP that will allow me to get my feet wet as it were.  ;D

I will post in the OOC thread now as well.

<3 Saxa

AndyZ

I'm still trying to get a decent idea to form in my brain.  Little luck so far.  Sorry.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Blythe

Excellent, Saxa. I'm sure I can help. A hunter is a pretty decent choice for a beginning player. Character creation info will be inserted into the initial OOC post I made. It will be modified and added onto as we go along.

And AndyZ, no problem. I can give you some bearing of what it looks like we have so far.

Ephiral will likely be playing a (male?) Mehket Khaibit Alexander loyalist, or bare minimum a Mehket Khabit vampire. Lockepick is playing a male Gangrel Alexander Loyalist, and is an Invictus. Saxa is playing a female hunter, loyalties undecided for now. Visna expressed interest in playing a female werewolf or human. Greytrail expressed interest in a werewolf. We have a strong vamp and werewolf presence. I know that Visna would like to see other lesbian or bi-oriented women, and lockepick would like to see more bi-oriented or homosexual men. Siereis has opted out of playing, and I have declined RubySlippers sheet and let her know to look elsewhere. TheHangedMan has been talking with me in a PM, and he's considering playing a mortal with access to Numina, being a little hazy about magic.

If you play a mage and want to side against Alexander, consider concepts that would help you lend strength to werewolves or hunters. If you play a mage and want to side with Alexander, consider concepts that include how you met the Invictus Ventrue and why you help him. Luck magic is interesting, and anything that permits healing might make you very valuable.

AndyZ

Couldn't I just profit from the silly and pointless war that is going on and not really take a side?

Blythe

Quote from: AndyZ on March 08, 2013, 04:16:46 PM
Couldn't I just profit from the silly and pointless war that is going on and not really take a side?

This is possible. It does mean that your best interests include keeping the war going, as you profit from it, so taking a side isn't in your best interests. SO maybe you ally/fight against both sides subtly simultaneously, making sure there is no end to the conflict so you keep profiting?

AndyZ

Or just ride the storm until it ends and then enjoy the eventual peace.

I'll keep a spot open in the Creativity Bin and see if any fun concepts crawl out.

Blythe

Quote from: AndyZ on March 08, 2013, 04:20:08 PM
Or just ride the storm until it ends and then enjoy the eventual peace.

I'll keep a spot open in the Creativity Bin and see if any fun concepts crawl out.

I'll assume that you are not participating for now. It's a little easier for me to work with those designing their characters that way. Feel free to PM me should you have ideas and want to jump in.

AndyZ

Okay.  Sorry, but nothing is immediately springing to mind.  Good luck with the game.

Ephiral

Quote from: Blythe on March 08, 2013, 04:15:31 PMEphiral will likely be playing a (male?) Mehket Khaibit Alexander loyalist, or bare minimum a Mehket Khabit vampire.

The original concept was male, but I can adjust as needed for the good of the game. Either way, will be primarily interested in women.

Blythe

Quote from: Ephiral on March 08, 2013, 04:23:01 PM
The original concept was male, but I can adjust as needed for the good of the game. Either way, will be primarily interested in women.

Awesome. Check with Visna regarding women as well as Saxa. They will be playing females. I know Visna would like to see ore bi or gay women. I'm unsure of Saxa.

Blythe

Quote from: AndyZ on March 08, 2013, 04:22:42 PM
Okay.  Sorry, but nothing is immediately springing to mind.  Good luck with the game.

Thank you for showing interest. I appreciate it. You had a few comments that have helped me get an idea for character building, and I'm grateful. Good luck finding an RP that suits you. <3