Starting a D&D 3.5 game (Extreme!)

Started by Kirei, August 17, 2011, 12:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirei

Pologue:

A group of three to five adventurers have been hired by their leader, a rogue mage, who wishes to find a legendary staff of the archmage, which would increase his powers hundredfold, making him the most powerful mage in existence.

The mage has found a map that indicates the location of the staff, which appears to be an ancient derelict castle. A huge one at that. It seems to have at least five floors, eight towers and who know how far the catacombs underneath it reach, and worst of all, the map only indicates the location of the castle, there is no map of the mazes of corridors inside the castle. There is no indication as to what is inside the castle...

The characters are all level 1 to start with. The ruleset is D&D 3.5 with possibly minor customized parts to fit the way I want to DM this one.

This will take part in extreme roleplay section as pretty much everything goes in and pretty much anything can happen to your character.

And a final word of warning: Be careful! Anything can happen to your character, and if you do not wish for a humiliating and painful death, watch out your every step!

I need 1 Rogue mage to be the formal leader of the group... Obviously, the chemistry inside the group might have see this change, it's just to build up the story. The race, gender and other properties of this character are up to the player who wishes to play them.

I need 3-5 other adventurers, these characters are going to be up to the players themselves completely, from class to race to gender to the color (or lack) of the pubes.

____

Character creation: http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Dungeons-and-Dragons-Character

In case it's too complicated, just tell me what you want to be and I'll create the character for you.

As soon as I have 4 players here I'll post the opening up.
Likes/Dislikes

It's so easy when you're evil
This is the life, you see
The Devil tips his hat to me
I do it all because I'm evil
And I do it all for free
Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need

avorae

Hmmm... I would be interested in taking the mage position if possible.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Kirei

You'll have the position of the mage then.

Waiting for 3 more players, the rogue mage taken.

Can you provide me a bit of information though, would it be a male or a female mage? Just so I know for the further players, not to become way too gender biased.
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

avorae

It would be a female either elf or human for race depending on my stat rolls.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Foxy DeVille

I'd like to play a female half-orc barbarbian, an ax for hire.

Kirei

Ok, female is good, because the events I've thought of fit female characters better :)

I will accept a male character or two if they come around, but I want to keep most of the characters female. And if there is a male character, they need to be prepared to be violated in, well, interesting manners.
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

Aurora Wayland

I'm interested. Any room for a female halfling rogue?

Kirei

There is always room for female halfling rogue. They're small enough to fit into anything.
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

Aurora Wayland

Woo! when do you want us to create a character?

Polymorph

I'm guessing by the party composition so far that the group isn't exactly on the side of good. Any objections to a priestess of Loviatar as the party's cleric?

Kirei

No objections. And I'd like you to create your characters now, if possible, seeing as we have the minimum amount of players here. I'll accept two more though, if there is interest and they can join during the RP too.
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

Foxy DeVille

What method will be used for generating ability scores?

Kirei

Ignore my last post, my brain was up my are or something, anyway...

We are going to do it this way:

Roll four six-sided dice six times. From each roll drop the lowest die, and add the remaining numbers together. Assign these to Strength (STR), Dexterity (DEX), Constitution (CON), Wisdom (WIS), Intelligence (INT), and Charisma (CHA). How you should assign these differs on each class. Melee classes will benefit far more from a high STR then they would WIS, whereas classes like the mage would be the opposite. Afterwards, use the table in the Player's Hand Book (PHB) to find the modifiers of each score and record these. (If you're mathematically inclined, Subtract ten from each ability score, and then divide the total by two (rounding down)).

For example: You roll 4 six sided die, and you get 4 2 3 6 for your rolls. Drop the 2, and add up 4, 3, and 6 (13). Repeat 5 more times. Now, let's say our rolls ended up as being 13, 16, 11, 9, 12, and 18. We've selected the Fighter class for our character, and we're human. Since being human doesn't affect stats, we can just assign rolls right off. We've selected to assign our rolls to our stats as follows: Str 18, Dex 13, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 11, and Cha 9. Because of this, Our modifiers would be 4, 1, 3, 1, 0, and -1. Modifiers adjust die rolls that have to do with each statistic. (For example, when you hit someone, greater strength causes you do do more damage, hence the 4 modifier to the random damage die roll.)
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

Snake

I admit I am very interested in this. But I suck at playing female characters. and it'll take me overnight to generate a character.

Kirei

You can play a male character too, if you are open mindd as to what can happen to your character... :D
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

Snake

Yeah about that... I'm not that open about it... M x M type stuff gives me the creeps.

Kirei

Oh... I see... Hmm.

We can try to work something around with your limits if you want to play a male character.
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

Aurora Wayland

Kirei

Soo, if anyone who has signed up will be playing we have a full house now.
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

Snake

So many females. It's very tempting to just drop a guy in the middle of them :3  I'll sign up for it. I'll have something by tomorrow. Starting at lvl 1. Any restrictions on classes/races?

Snake

XD And you don't have any takers for that position yet? Interesting.

Kirei

No restrictions.

The only restriction goes for the character who plays the rogue mage, their class needs to be Sorcerer or Wizard.

Link for the RP topic for when everyone has their characters ready https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=116799.0

Posting order is that everyone posts once after my each post, the order of your posts is free, just don't post twice before I manage to post.

(And Snake, I have a taker for it, if they are still interested.)
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

Snake

Alright. I'll just kick up one of my own lvl 1's then. ^_^

Aurora Wayland

Snake

Thanks Aurora but not necessary. I have a alot of D&D books all with character sheets in them.