Interest Check - "Once Upon a Time" group story (Always recruiting!)

Started by Aislinn, February 20, 2016, 11:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Okay, my apologies for the double-post, but I have spent some time looking through every protagonist and antagonist in Disney and have the following concepts:

WALL-E (WALL-E):  Meet Wally, the owner of the town's scrapyard, he is almost always smeared with oil and grease while he works on his projects (sculptures made of junk) and selling them off.  If anyone needs to find junk that could be treasure, he's your guy.  Has a dream of building a ship and going into space.

Basil of Baker Street (Great Mouse Detective):  Meet Basil, the town's private eye/detective.  Obsessed with Sherlock Holmes, his office is full of boxed that have well-read detective stories stacked high.  He also keeps two trained mice that he's named Holmes and Watson.  He's the man to go to when something needs finding.

Dr. Facilier (Princess and the Frog):  Meet Dr. Hannibal Facilier, who runs the occult shop in town.  The man is greedy, but his smooth-talking, charming personality charms customers into spending more than they wanted to.  In truth, he is cruel, remorseless and sadistic with absolutely no morals, willing to step on anyone to get his way.  He is known to be the resident Voodoo expert and uses Tarots to read people's destiny, thus providing other reasons for customers to be drawn into his shop.

I can't quite decide between the three though.  Is there a specific role that the town needs?  I know that antagonists seem to be somewhat higher than protagonists, so I can easily go with Basil and WALL-E.  I just love the character ideas so much, I don't know who to choose!  >_<

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

VonDoom

Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: King Serperior on April 08, 2016, 02:54:09 PM
Okay, my apologies for the double-post, but I have spent some time looking through every protagonist and antagonist in Disney and have the following concepts:

WALL-E (WALL-E):  Meet Wally, the owner of the town's scrapyard, he is almost always smeared with oil and grease while he works on his projects (sculptures made of junk) and selling them off.  If anyone needs to find junk that could be treasure, he's your guy.  Has a dream of building a ship and going into space.

Basil of Baker Street (Great Mouse Detective):  Meet Basil, the town's private eye/detective.  Obsessed with Sherlock Holmes, his office is full of boxed that have well-read detective stories stacked high.  He also keeps two trained mice that he's named Holmes and Watson.  He's the man to go to when something needs finding.

Dr. Facilier (Princess and the Frog):  Meet Dr. Hannibal Facilier, who runs the occult shop in town.  The man is greedy, but his smooth-talking, charming personality charms customers into spending more than they wanted to.  In truth, he is cruel, remorseless and sadistic with absolutely no morals, willing to step on anyone to get his way.  He is known to be the resident Voodoo expert and uses Tarots to read people's destiny, thus providing other reasons for customers to be drawn into his shop.

I can't quite decide between the three though.  Is there a specific role that the town needs?  I know that antagonists seem to be somewhat higher than protagonists, so I can easily go with Basil and WALL-E.  I just love the character ideas so much, I don't know who to choose!  >_<

Quote from: VonDoom on April 08, 2016, 03:12:13 PM
This says all.

;D

Basil.

Without a doubt lol.  It's made me want to rewatch the movie.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

VonDoom

Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

King Serperior

Well, if a private detective is what the masses want, then I might just go with Basil.  ^.^

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Clio

I have to say though, that although I love Basil, I also LOVE the concept for Wally.

KS, you have earned my Disney nerd buddy badge. Congratulations.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

King Serperior

Woot!  I have a Disney Nerd-Buddy Badge!   ;D

That said, I really do love my concept for Wally.  I'm very tempted to use his concept because I am picturing him as a person better than one for Basil.  The issue for either Basil or Wally is finding a model that fits.  >_>

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Aislinn

Looking at the current cast and types of things that they are going to involved with, I'm thinking Wall-e might be a better choice. While I LOVE Basil, there will be some similar character types around. If you go with Wall-e, you could make him something of a genius with engineering. Someone that can build things might be very useful....just saying.   ;)
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

King Serperior

Quote from: Aislinn on April 08, 2016, 06:14:46 PM
Looking at the current cast and types of things that they are going to involved with, I'm thinking Wall-e might be a better choice. While I LOVE Basil, there will be some similar character types around. If you go with Wall-e, you could make him something of a genius with engineering. Someone that can build things might be very useful....just saying.   ;)
Well, in that case, I think I shall go with my beloved, little robot.   ;D

Character Name:  Wally Rustman
Cannon or Off-Script: Off-Script?  I don't think WALL-E is in OUAT.
Job in Storybrooke:  Owns the scrapyard, Junk's Treasure;  Makes sculptures out of scrap and sells them.
Character Concept: Wall is the eccentric genius of an owner to the town's scrapyard, Junk's Treasure.  He is almost always smeared with oil, grease, and dirt while he works on his projects (sculptures made of junk) and selling them off.  If anyone needs to find junk that could be treasure, hence the name, he's your guy.  More than anything, he wants to go to space, so he has a dream of building a ship and going into space.  Very curious and always tinkering with something, Wally can take apart, reconfigure into something new, and repair it with ease.  As a collector, he loves going through the scrap that winds up in his yard and discovering new things.  As far as anyone knows, he wears a set of workmans' overalls which has a tool or piece of junk in every pocket.  Though he wears glasses, he has a sharp eye for spotting the 'diamond in the pigsty.'  Overall, Wally is one of the friendliest people one could ever meet.
Level of Control: Open to any GM-made plot-twists!
Face Claim: (Name and a picture for GM to include in the directory)

The only thing missing is a face-claim since I am really bad at looking for such things unless I get very lucky.  Might be some time to dig something up, unless anyone has a suggestion?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Aislinn

Honestly...the first thing that came to mind was a Milo-ish type character from....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis:_The_Lost_Empire

Best option I can think of off the top of my head is Michael Shanks from Stargate SG1....

http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/interviews/michael_shanks_02.jpg

I'm sure the others will have better suggestions. That's just the first thing that popped into my brain.
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

King Serperior

Atlantis's Milo was one of the character options I was going for, but I haven't seen Atlantis since I had a VHS copy of it.  >.>

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Bibliophilia

I wish someone would make a villain and use Eddie Izzard.  -has a massive crush on that man.-

Uhm...For Wall-E....Possibly Ben Whishaw, if you want that skinny, genius, scruffy look.

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

King Serperior

Quote from: Amelita on April 08, 2016, 10:11:41 PM
or this kid
Oh!  He's my favorite from Criminal Minds!  <3

Sadly, he's not 'scruffy' enough for what I had in mind.

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 08, 2016, 08:36:12 PM
I wish someone would make a villain and use Eddie Izzard.  -has a massive crush on that man.-

Uhm...For Wall-E....Possibly Ben Whishaw, if you want that skinny, genius, scruffy look.
Ben Whishaw could work.  I don't know who Adam Brody is, but I'll take a look.  Thanks for all the suggestions!   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Ember Star

You people are plotting against me with these skinny nerdy boys that are my weakness, aren't you?
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Flower

Quote from: Ember Star on April 09, 2016, 11:47:40 AM
You people are plotting against me with these skinny nerdy boys that are my weakness, aren't you?

Plus one to the nerdy part.

King Serperior

After some internal debate, I settled for Ben Whishaw as the face claim.  I also made a minor edit to the character sheet so that Wally wears goggles above his head instead of wearing glasses.  Anyway, I hope you all approve of him!   ;D

Job in Storybrooke:  Owns the scrapyard, Junk's Treasure;  Makes sculptures out of scrap and sells them.
Character Concept: Wall is the eccentric genius of an owner to the town's scrapyard, Junk's Treasure.  He is almost always smeared with oil, grease, and dirt while he works on his projects (sculptures made of junk) and selling them off.  If anyone needs to find junk that could be treasure, hence the name, he's your guy.  More than anything, he wants to go to space, so he has a dream of building a ship and going up there.  Very curious and always tinkering with something, Wally can take apart, reconfigure into something new, and repair it with ease.  As a collector, he loves going through the scrap that winds up in his yard and discovering new things.  As far as anyone knows, he always wears a set of workmans' overalls which has a tool or piece of junk in every pocket and has a set of goggles that he wears above his head.  Wally also has a knack for finding the 'diamond in the pigsty.'  Overall, Wally is one of the friendliest people one could ever meet.
Face Claim: Ben Whishaw

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Ember Star

Quote from: King Serperior on April 09, 2016, 12:00:13 PM
After some internal debate, I settled for Ben Whishaw as the face claim.  I also made a minor edit to the character sheet so that Wally wears goggles above his head instead of wearing glasses.  Anyway, I hope you all approve of him!   ;D

Character Concept: Wall is the eccentric genius of an owner to the town's scrapyard, Junk's Treasure.  He is almost always smeared with oil, grease, and dirt while he works on his projects (sculptures made of junk) and selling them off.  If anyone needs to find junk that could be treasure, hence the name, he's your guy.  More than anything, he wants to go to space, so he has a dream of building a ship and going up there.  Very curious and always tinkering with something, Wally can take apart, reconfigure into something new, and repair it with ease.  As a collector, he loves going through the scrap that winds up in his yard and discovering new things.  As far as anyone knows, he always wears a set of workmans' overalls which has a tool or piece of junk in every pocket and has a set of goggles that he wears above his head.  Wally also has a knack for finding the 'diamond in the pigsty.'  Overall, Wally is one of the friendliest people one could ever meet.
Face Claim: Ben Whishaw
you picked scrumptious Ben... Yep. Yep. Definitely a plot against me.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Aiden

Bibliophilia

Yay!  I adore Ben.  He manages to make scruffy nerdboy sexy as hell.

Emjay

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 09, 2016, 02:55:19 PM
Yay!  I adore Ben.  He manages to make scruffy nerdboy sexy as hell.

I think he's an amazing actor. Bright Star was literally my favourite movie in high school. My friends and I watched it a billion times. I usually hate romance films but this was one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen. Also John Keats. Nuff said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0nx5Iu6KQo

[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Ember Star

Whelp. Time for a cat fight over Wall-e :p

Actually. King. Get with me. Humorously I have a reason for Jazz to frequent his junkyard. She makes odd jewelry and other odd trinkets sometimes and I can see her using odd little rusty nuts and bolts and stuff for such crafts.

King Serperior

Quote from: Ember Star on April 09, 2016, 11:03:07 PM
Whelp. Time for a cat fight over Wall-e :p

Actually. King. Get with me. Humorously I have a reason for Jazz to frequent his junkyard. She makes odd jewelry and other odd trinkets sometimes and I can see her using odd little rusty nuts and bolts and stuff for such crafts.
You know, I was just looking over the characters on the first post of this thread and was thinking the same thing.  They both seem pretty eccentric and creative enough to have that possibility, so she can most certainly drop by the scrapyard for random items as long as they don't come from the workshop (where he makes the sculptures) or the shed (where he keeps the treasures he finds).   ;D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Aislinn

Opening post will be up tomorrow! Just going over everything and making sure it's as lovely as I envisioned it to be. =-)
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

King Serperior

Woo!  Can't wait to begin, assuming there's no issues with Wally, of course?   :D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace