[5e] Ostheim (Closed)

Started by RedPhoenix, April 26, 2017, 05:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brittlby

Threw a bard/rogue skill monkey at you! Thanks for consideration!
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Guancyto

Tossed you a Dragon Sorcerer. I mean, you're aware, but now everyone else is too.

RedPhoenix

I'm going to suggest anyone who wishes to maximize their chance of getting in consider Bard to be added to the classes to avoid list. Thus far three out of four submitted characters are at least partially bards, and two of them are half-elves with the urchin background.

e: Detailed feedback has been sent on every app received thus far! :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

A Painter

Okay, I am going to TRY and make it to the deadline, but I've been a little busy as of late.
I decided to go with a Trickster Cleric, but I may have to change my race and background based on the post above, haha!

RedPhoenix

Quote from: A Painter on April 28, 2017, 09:35:36 PM
Okay, I am going to TRY and make it to the deadline, but I've been a little busy as of late.
I decided to go with a Trickster Cleric, but I may have to change my race and background based on the post above, haha!

Well you've still got plenty of time. :)

And trickster clerics are awesome!

EndofDivine

I've got a loose idea for a wizard but I would like to ask some questions that might make or break my idea. First, are elves their usual centuries old selves in this setting? And sort of along the same train of thought, how old is Tizzella Hiverre? Her family might be getting a tad bit bigger if the numbers work out the way I'd like. :P

RedPhoenix

Quote from: EndofDivine on April 29, 2017, 06:34:42 PM
I've got a loose idea for a wizard but I would like to ask some questions that might make or break my idea. First, are elves their usual centuries old selves in this setting? And sort of along the same train of thought, how old is Tizzella Hiverre? Her family might be getting a tad bit bigger if the numbers work out the way I'd like. :P

Yes, elf age is the same as the 5e rules. The only ages that change are the races that would otherwise begin play younger than 18, they all age the same as humans now so that all characters start play no younger than 18. Races that age slower still age slowly! :)

Tizzella by common knowledge is about 200 years old, but there is some wiggle room for that. She can be older if necessary, but probably not much younger.

Chulanowa

Hate to do it, but I'm going to step out. It turns out I'm already piling my plate rather high, and sounds like everyone's cracking out charaters faster than I can anyway  ;D

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 29, 2017, 07:45:23 PM
Hate to do it, but I'm going to step out. It turns out I'm already piling my plate rather high, and sounds like everyone's cracking out charaters faster than I can anyway  ;D

Yeah you've got your own game to run! But I do appreciate being realistic about what you can take on! :)

Chulanowa

Do let me know if an arcane caster spot falls open in the future though. ;D

RedPhoenix

Deadline to submit a concept is 5 PM Pacific time tomorrow! That's just under 20 hours from this post! :)

Relikai

Brittlby

I even finally bought a PHB for 5th edition for this one. Lol.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues

O/O

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Brittlby on May 02, 2017, 10:01:03 PM
I even finally bought a PHB for 5th edition for this one. Lol.

An excellent purchase! :)

Brittlby

I guess after skipping the last two and a half editions it was about time. Lol

O/O

A Painter

Alright. I'm going to try to finish editing my profile before I have to speed off to work. xD

Relikai

Quote from: Brittlby on May 02, 2017, 10:17:57 PM
I guess after skipping the last two and a half editions it was about time. Lol

I love 5E, after having a botched campaign with 4th!  ;D

Wheeler97

Got a halfling druid submitted. Hurray. Best of luck to all on being considered. :D

Rummy Tum Tum

Just two more hours :D
Good luck everyone. Looking forward to meeting our new comrades!

RedPhoenix

Okay, at this point I'm assuming I have every app that I'm going to have! (although if anyone come in the next 90 minutes they'll make it in)

I'm giving people two more days (from the time of this post) to finish up any edits, questions, back and forths etc. In two days or so I'll start the decision making process. I know some of you are already done, but this is going to be a very hard decision.

And I'm not just saying that. There are so many good characters to choose from, many of which would honestly be a great addition to any good game. Honestly you could probably make a really good game out of the characters that I don't take. Because I can't take them all, there just isn't enough space!

Stay tuned folks!

p.s. Just for future reference in the event I recruit again (which I probably will at some point) I do accept male characters. Every single character submitted was female haha.

e: aaaaand that's deadline! Thanks all! :)

Guancyto

I'm gonna be honest, one of the reasons I'd most like to get in is the smartassed comment threads by the baronial advisors regarding each character. :P

A Painter

Good luck, all!  I'm actually very excited to see the characters that get picked because I want to see what people submitted.  ;D

RedPhoenix

After very long and very difficult decision making process....

Giovanna Contarini played by Guancyto, and
Boxing Clever played by Brittlby

Have been invited to join the game. Please join us in the OOC Thread!

I really do want to thank everyone who applied. There were many very good applications and I honestly hope to see all of you guys playing in 5e games here in the future. Ostheim will no doubt need new blood again at some point in the future so this will probably not be the last chance to get in. :)

Love you all! <3