Between the Light and the Shadows [still accepting characters!]

Started by OmniKitty, May 02, 2011, 07:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OmniKitty

If you should change your mind you may join, but if not that's fine too. The reason I say this is I do sort of doubt we will be getting into adult matter.. And if your character would be vital to the plot, I bet we'd find a way to work around it. So I'll leave that choice up to you. 

Thank you for understanding.  :-)

A&As updated: 10.01.2012--
Currently available for a limited number of new roleplays! If you want to revive our old one, contact me.

It's pretty to hear the things you say,
You're pretty to watch at all,

I need your starlight in the back of my head...

Assallya

Well, apparently, I do have a little time, as one of the players is on holiday.  Which is good because all I have at the moment is concept.  Perhaps sometime tomorrow night I'll have something more then musings on a character.  All I really have right now is the idea of Gwyneth, the reincarnation of Gawain, who is troubled by her previous life and how she wasn't there for Arthur when he was most needed.

As she would do, I bow and say, "You are indeed of most honorable and courteous bearing and it has been most pleasant conversing with you.  May the one god be with you."

Assallya

Please note the following is quite rough and I'm more then willing to submit changes and expand upon the concept if you like it.  Gwyneth is definitely a light sider but is brash and impulsive, just like the Gawain she once was.  I'm thinking she'd also be uncomfortable with some of her flashbacks since she was male in her previous life.  (That would make for a great adult angle *grins evilly*)

Biography:

Gwyneth Newton was born in England.  When she was still little more then a babe, her parents became involved in drugs and lost several thousand dollars worth of “product” and, as a result, the family moved to America before those that loaned them the drugs could come to collect what was owed in blood and pain.

Gwyneth has never liked her family growing up.  They wanted nothing to do with her, having their own friends and pursuits.  She saw more of her babysitters then she did them.  Her father was lazy, never bothered working more then he had to and participated in every Get-Rich-Quick scheme imaginable.  Her mother, simply didn't see a point in working while there was enough money coming in to survive upon.

She had little to do with either of them, sequestering herself in her room, her stuffed animals and her novels.  At school she found herself playing with the boys, snapping up foam nerf weapons and doing battle.

Throughout her life she has endured visions of a world and time not her own.  She has had nightmares of a knight clad entirely in green and half remembered dreams of long ago battles.  Occasionally she would dream of a far away land, beyond even that of her other dreams and it was populated with grand castles, teetering white pinnacles surrounded by mythical beasts and the stuff of dreams.

When she was sixteen she first discovered the supernatural world when an troll beneath the bridge tried kidnapping a young girl in the small hours of the morning.  A mist rose up from the river and a shimmering figure rose up from a puddle left by the day's rain.  The mysterious figure extended a blade towards her and she grasped it.  She knew what to do, if not why, and she knew instinctively how to wield it and saved the young girl.

She has since come to understand she is the reincarnation of Gawain of Arthurian myth and has been reading up on Arthurian myth but is greatly confused by the conflicting nature of such tales and what she almost remembers.

Now out of high school and unable to attend school do to lack of funds she's currently working as a daytime security guard at the local mall.

Equipment: Her sword, Galatine (See Below under powers), a stab vest.
Gwyneth nearly always carries a bottle of water and a small pan from which to call upon the lady of the lake.  She also carries a pouch of salt and several candles.

Allies:
  The Lady of the Lake may appear to Gwyneth in standing water.  She does not speak vocally but somehow imparts knowledge and desires with her gaze alone.  She may occasionally rise up and manifest but does so incredibly rarely.  ((Note:  The Lady of the Lake isn't a token for player fiat in dire situations.  She wouldn't go out of her way to rescue Gwyneth.  Gawain has lived a dozen life times already after all.)

Magical Powers

Galatine: the holy sword of Gawain is the sister sword to Excalibur and is often referred to as its shadow for Galatine is the lesser of the two blades.  While Excalibur embodies the element of water, Galatine embodies the sun.  It shines brilliantly and is at its most dangerous at high noon and weakest during the witching hour and is the source of the legends concerning Gawain's waxing and waning strength.  It, in particular, burns vampires and other creatures of darkness that are susceptible to sunlight and holy objects.

Draw Forth the Blade: By reaching into any standing pool of water larger then six inches in diameter Gwyeth can draw forth her enchanted blade in order to do battle

Call Upon the Mist: When battling the supernatural Gwyneth can call upon the Lady of the Lake to conceal the battle from mortal eyes.  A supernatural fog rolls in as if rolling in off a lake and those mortals that still do spy something happening in the mist attribute it to something else.

Reflection in Still Water:  The lady of the lake is not so easily fooled by shape changers and illusions.  Their reflection appears undisguised, however, 

JadenMystic

I was wondering if I could join in, too. This storyline sounds really interesting and fun.

Player Name: JadenMystic

Character Name: Dream Song

Appearance:

History: She's always been a loner. She ALWAYS felt a pull to both the Light and the Dark because of her parents. Her mom was Light, and her dad was Dark. Her dad raped her mom...thus the end result of me. She stays alone most of the time because she never knows which side of her she'll be: Light or Dark. She feels that both sides want her, but neither side can have her.

Personality: She's quiet and stays to herseof..Unless you get in her face and piss her off, then god help you.

Main Powers: Can control all 5 elements (from her mom), can control electricity and shadows (from her father), self heals.

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

OmniKitty

Assallya: Your character looks great. As long as you can fit her in to our world nicely she's accepted.

JadenMystic: How would you fit her in with our characters? Where would she come in at? Where does she live? The magical world or non-magical? Alone or with her mother?

Currently available for a limited number of new roleplays! If you want to revive our old one, contact me.

JadenMystic

I figured she'd live alone in the Magical world trying to learn where she fits in more, Every once in a while talking with her mother thru one of the elements in a kind of mind link as her mother works on trying to help her daughter be on the side of Light, and to not give in to the Dark that is her father.

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

OmniKitty

Alright, but where would your character meet with one of our characters?

JadenMystic

The mom could be friends with the Light recruiter, and is trying to help get Dream to go to the side of Light so she could fit in better instead of sitting on the fence post so to speak between Light and Dark..except whenever her mom has her meeting with any Light Recruiter the Dark side comes out, and vice versa when she meets with a Dark recruiter, the Light side comes out.

OmniKitty

Sounds great JadenMystic, your character is approved.

Assallya, I sent this message out to everyone, so please read it:

I was wondering if you were still interested in playing your character in my game. Please let me know!  :-)

I'm just making sure, because everything is kind of silent lately because one of our players is on vacation, putting us on hold.

If you are still interested, if you would please do me the favor of posting your character sheets in the OOC thread here. And glance over each other's character sheets here to discuss what your alliances between you guys are, etc. I'm putting a copy of this message in the OOC thread, so if you have any questions or comments about the game do so there. If you are no longer interested, just PM me. (:-()

If I'm not mistaken, our current cast is this:

Light: RichardRoy, Lilitu, Assallya

Dark: Rottenaim, Copycat

Neither: blaykelove(me), ELizzyK, Kyri, JadenMystic

Thank you!  :-)

Wild Dog

Hello there.

I don't know if this game is still a go or not.

However I felt the urge to create a character for this roleplay and I'm tempted to share him with you, regardless if he becomes accepted or not.

Player Name: Wild Dog

Character Name: Ian Powers aka "The Puppeteer"

Appearance:

History: Ian was always the top student of his class. A rapechild born from a now diseased powerless Asian woman and a wealthy dark side enterpriser.
After his mother passed away, his father took care of him and trained him in using his powers.
He can travel easily between the two worlds using only the power of his mind, although usually he phisically remains attached to the normal world.

Alignment: Dark Side

Personality: Highly intelligent, very reserved, normally calm but stresses when things don't go his way.

Main Powers: Mind reading (2/2), Telekinesis (2/1), Hypnotism (1/0), Brain washing (0/0)
He is much more versed in using his powers in the magic realm since that's where he spent most of his life time daydreaming.
However, he is not highly adept or even skilled in the use of all these powers, there are some that he might even not have learned yet.

Non magical skills: Kung Fu (1/3)
Non magical skills are supposed to work as opposed to magical powers, they work best in the non-magical realm and have more effect in the powerless humans.

Synergies and Weaknesses: The Puppeteer's powers are affected by the magical auras of those around him. Thus, when in the presence of more Dark forces his powers will go up a notch. Likewise, when there are more Light forces in the vicinities his power level will drop a bit. ((Neutral characters (or characters that don't tend to lean to one or other side in a prefered way) don't count for this effect.))