My avatar

Started by Haibane, June 11, 2008, 03:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

I know the site rules on avatars state that obvious nudity is not acceptable but I wanted your feedback please on my current avatar. It's the one I used earlier but I have merely altered where I cropped the master image so that the girl's breast shows. Is this okay?

Please don't smack me too hard if it's not >_< I'll change it back if this is too obvious for the public to see!  :P

Sherona

*grins* Just remember your avatar shows up in public places thatcan be seen by guests, unapproveds (who may be underage), and anyone else who wants to browse our public boards :) If your comfy with that..then :)

Haibane

Sure, I'm comfy with it! I wanted to make sure the admins and mods were, and whether I was interpreting the rule a little too liberally ;) I've seen one full frontal nude anime character so I'm hoping I'm okay ;)

Sherona

Quote from: Haibane on June 11, 2008, 04:02:45 PM
Sure, I'm comfy with it! I wanted to make sure the admins and mods were, and whether I was interpreting the rule a little too liberally ;) I've seen one full frontal nude anime character so I'm hoping I'm okay ;)

I tend to have avatars turned off when I notice someone with a nude picture intheir avatars. I have kids and I really dont want them wandering by the computer and seeing blatant nudity :) I keep my avatars all clothed just out of respect for those like myself, even though Iknow there is a nifty button inProfiles that turn themon and off.

Xillen

Then I wonder what those kids think of my avatar :P

Sherona

Quote from: Xillen on June 11, 2008, 04:13:15 PM

my 9 year old thinks its quite funny Xillen :)

Trieste

I don't think a little nipple is going to kill anyone, contrary to what the Superbowl people would have you believe.

Just as long as you understand that we reserve the right to ask you to remove it if we get a complaint, should be fine. :)

Haibane

Thank you, that answers my question just fine. I can go back to the earlier crop that edited the nipple out, and would be happier doing that if I knew a complaint had been made.

Moondazed

Quote from: Xillen on June 11, 2008, 04:13:15 PM

My 7 year old finds it scary.  Not that you have to change it... but you asked.  I don't make a habit of letting him see the avatars, since the one in the original post in this thread isn't something I would be OK with him seeing, and there are many others that are the same way.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Xillen

I was just curious :).

I don't see a reason to change it, since "a scary picture" doesn't require you to make any of the explenations as "a revealing picture" would. There's a stigma on nudity and erotics, not on weird space/fantasy images :P

Moondazed

While it makes me sad that I have to turn off avatars to read the forum from home (they're a quick and easy way to know who posted at a glance), I don't expect anyone to change their avatar to suit me.  Personally I prefer a more elegant avatar instead of going for shock value :) 
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Xillen

I see your point, Moondazed, and there are a lot more people who have the same problem.

I doubt however, that my avatar would cause such problems. :P

Moondazed

Well, your avatar is a great example of the difficulty of trying to please everyone... it scared my son and he mentioned it again the next day, as a matter of fact.  I'm pretty sure that the adults that are members of this forum aren't scared by it, though :) 

Xillen

Ah, well, apologies for that, then.

It's just perfect for me, though! The picture combines Deep Space with Fantasy, my two favorite settings. It shows that people should be careful around me, and doesn't have the slightest hint of submissiveness. Lastly, it seems to devour everything it comes across, a bit like devouring women :P

It was really hard for me to find a decent one, and yeah, I guess most every avatar can have something like that that varies from person to person. Sherona's kid found it funny for instance.

Nonetheless, nobody is going to ask you "Hey, what are you looking at?" when they see something like that avatar, while people surely will when something explicit is shown on the screen. That latter one could bring a lot of problems to a lot of people.

Moondazed

Personally, I find myself wondering why someone feels the need to have a suggestive avatar, but I'm a cranky old bat who has a low tolerance for people who crave attention :P

ShrowdedPoet

My avatar craves attention. . .*big eyes*  lol
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Moondazed

ZK

I got bored with looking at my face, so I said. "Hur hur, Bewbs!" and slapped up an avatar version of my 'chilla girl. ^.^

I might change it again, I'm ZK-She-Who-Must-Change.

Muahaha.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Sherona

I always have my avatars turned off when I know someone with nipples and boobs in their avatars,k or even rear ends because most of the naked rears in avatars are sexually suggestive as well. Thats just because nope, I don't think my 4 year old is old enough for me to try to explain to her some of the more racy avatars on here. So whenever i am going tolook in a thread where I know an avatar is going to be a bit racy I turn them off.

Sherona

I should say not because I have anything agaisnt sexually suggestive avatars, just not for my kids to see ;)

That being said I prefer my avatars to be subtly sexy. But thats how i think I am, subtly sexy rather then in your face sexy.

Trieste

Plus you have to look reeeeeal hard to be able to tell that you can actually see through her nightgown, Sherona. :)

I like my avatar. It suits my tastes well enough that I've kept it all this time. And also because I crave moon's attention. Come up and see me sometime, won't you?

*runs away giggling*

Sherona

Quote from: Trieste on June 23, 2008, 01:22:22 PM
Plus you have to look reeeeeal hard to be able to tell that you can actually see through her nightgown, Sherona. :)

I like my avatar. It suits my tastes well enough that I've kept it all this time. And also because I crave moon's attention. Come up and see me sometime, won't you?

*runs away giggling*

Lordy Trieste, stop OOOGLING my avatar!...and honestly I didn't realize you could *sighs*

I like your avatar too...its very seductive, and classy even :)

Trieste

*falls over laughing* omg ...

I was looking at her hair when I noticed, I swear!  :-*

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Sherona on June 23, 2008, 01:23:23 PM
Lordy Trieste, stop OOOGLING my avatar!...and honestly I didn't realize you could *sighs*

I like your avatar too...its very seductive, and classy even :)

I just noticed because the Goddess pointed it out. . .You can see through her night gown!  *laughs like an immature school girl*
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Maeven

Quote from: Trieste on June 23, 2008, 01:22:22 PM

OMG *gasps* You can!!!!

I'll never look at it the same again! ;)
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule