Romance/Fantasy w/general idea

Started by Xadrixna, July 13, 2010, 03:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xadrixna

Ok, so I am very new here and am trying to find a good first RP to delve into.  I'd like a small group, maybe three to five people.  Although if it somehow is popular it could work with more. 

Please check out my profile for Ons/Offs and what I'm most in the mood for as of right now.

But the general gist of it would be geared around a Romance-Fantasy RP.  Fantastical creatures are just fine, such as Elves, Dragons, etc.  It will be free form, but please please please, don't be a “god moder” where everything has to go your way, you can't be killed or outdone, and all the things that go with it.  It annoys the hell out of me.  I don't really have a lot figured out for what the story would involve, but I do have a character that I would like to play.  And again, I am VERY OPEN to ideas, so if you see this and my likes/dislikes and think well, maybe this exact story arch isn't for me but...I have this cool one on one idea or a different group idea, lay them on me.

My character is a Pact Slave.  What a Pact Slave is, is that from the moment she is born, she is tied to an individual.  The individual can be switched through means of a proper ceremony, but she always must listen to this individual and must stay within a certain distance of them.  She's had several masters/mistresses and is in her mid-twenties.  She has also been trained as a body guard of sorts and cannot live without her master being alive.  Her life is tied to theirs.  She has a natural ability to make people calm around her and can exert it usually to an entire room full of people and occasionally has shown hints at other useful attributes in controlling the thoughts or feelings of others, however her master is immune to these effects.  The only thing the master cannot control is her feelings towards him and towards other individuals.

I would want someone to play as her master.  It can be someone who hates her, who loves her, who sees her as nothing more than a piece of property.  It can even be someone who is looking to sell her.  Basically anything can work for this.

For the other characters, I'd like at least one other person who can be sort of a romance interest/conflict eventually even if not at first.  And if there are more people than that interested, I would like them to basically continue to expand on either their own master/mistress and pact slave couples or more possible love interest conflicts, or even just characters looking to seduce someone.

It's not a very thorough idea I realize, but I would like to work with a few people to see if we can make a wonderful story together.  Feel free to post here or PM me with ideas.  Thank you so much!
Curiosity Killed the Cat, Satisfaction Brought it Back...

kckolbe

I'm interested by this, and wouldn't mind playing the conflicted, interested party.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Xadrixna

Sounds good.  Any character concept you would want to go with?  Well, I suppose we should also see if anyone else shows any interest before actually posting up characters, huh?

elfguy

I could play your mistress. She would be an affective mistress, one who loves you very much, and is very kind with you, although quite strict as to you obeying her.
----

kckolbe

Oh yes, this opens up all kinds of lovely options.  Elfguy, hats off to you for consistently playing sexy dom women.  The world needs you.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

elfguy

Quote from: kckolbe on July 13, 2010, 07:55:04 PM
Oh yes, this opens up all kinds of lovely options.  Elfguy, hats off to you for consistently playing sexy dom women.  The world needs you.

lol, I consider this my duty in life... ;)
----

Xadrixna

Hmm, I had imagined a male dom, but a femme dom could definitely make things interesting.  Sounds decent to me.  Do you mind if I PM you for a few background things between your character and mine elfguy?

elfguy

----

Cal1496

Don't mean to possibly cock block ya elfguy, but I'd also like to throw in my hat in for the Master position first mention. 

As masters indicates he would be male and while not loving he would look at the relationship as more a professional one rather than personal.  She would be his bodyguard, fellow combatant, and maybe, maybe sexual partner.  Still on the fence with that one.

Just so I'm clear this is just what I'm hoping for.  And if it's already decided elfguy got the spot I'd still like to be part of this.

Oh, and high everyone!

elfguy

Well I guess it's up to the OP, if she prefers a loving, caring mistress that has relations with her, or a business like master who treats her on a professional level and leaves her unfulfilled ;)
----

Cal1496

Really low blows already, can't be civilized about this?  I mean ya I'm the one preparing to a basket of rotten tomatoes to throw at you, but that is just standard warfare  ;D

Oh rivalries...Such fun O8)

Really though, just wanted my hat thrown in, totally up to the OP as you said.

Frezak

1: I'd like to insinuate myself into this one, though what as, I'm not sure. (is there a plot yet?)
2: In any case, pr'aps one of you could be an ex master-mistress? (maybe sold the slave and decided it was a bad idea? That'd make a second person trying to get hands on her, though)

Xadrixna

Well first I want to apologize to Elfguy for not having sent any PM's yesterday.  Things became a little hellish for me the rest of the day, but it's much better now.  Hopefully I won't have to suddenly leave the computer for long periods of time again today.

Anyways, master vs mistress...a lovely debate, lol.  Either would work perfectly fine for me really.  Although Frezak brings up an interesting point about one being an ex-mistress or master.  Might be able to work something out along those ideas if either of you are amendable to perhaps hashing out with me a decent reason why either would want to still be involved with her after having sold her. 

I have a few ideas, like if it was the "ex-master" situation, that he still trains with her and perhaps even has her training his new pact slave (if we can find someone for that role, male or female).  And the reason he sold her was that he decided that he needed someone stronger/taller/shorter, whatever to be his bodyguard.  It would actually make an easy opening for Frezak to be the new Pact Slave.

On the other hand, it could be the "ex-mistress" situation, she was very loving of her, but noticed a certain sadness about my character, and thought perhaps she wasn't happy with her mistress.  And decided to sell her.  Or, she had a period where she was extremely tight for money and was forced into selling her.  Or, her family forced her into selling her for the reason of wanting her to look for suitable lovers to marry and have children with.  Those are the quickest ones I could think of.  And as for still wanting to be around her, she still cares strongly about her, or worries about her and just cares to sort of keep an eye on her.

These are just ideas, but if any of you really like them, please let me know.  I'd always love being able to work something out.  the ex-master thing makes it easier to get Frezak into the mix and would allow for us to start sooner.  But there are other options for Frezak I'm sure.  Maybe just another general "conflict" character, or maybe even someone that wants to find a way to end the "curse" of the pact slaves or whatever...

Again, these are just ideas, nothing concrete.  I want to work with anyone who wants to be a part of this to make something enjoyable for us all to be a part of.  It may take a short bit longer to get started, but I think it makes it worth it.  So, any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Dislikes?

elfguy

I'm not crazy about the ex-mistress idea. I just don't think I could do a convincing argument of having sold her and now wanting her back. If you prefer a master I have another idea that could work. What if my character is some type of official figure, overseeing slave trading or whatever, and she falls in love with your character, wants her as her own, and sees that her current master is unloving, all business like, and my character tries to use all her influence to break up his contract to get her?

Before I can propose a character I'd need to know more about the setting. You said fantasy, do you want pure fantasy, elves humans and such? If so, would it be like in a small village in the forest or more like a large human city?

How about if instead it was an alien world, with a mix of fantasy and technology, with many different races, some more technological, some more tuned with nature, that could explain the slavery, with some of the more advanced races seeing the nature ones as 'weak' and such. Let me know.
----

Xadrixna

All right, well no on the ex-mistress idea then.  Your idea would work, or the ex-master idea would still work.  Suppose I need to have a few more voiced opinions before a decision can be made.

Umm, I'm not sure...the original idea had been one of pure fantasy and fantastical creatures, dragons that have other forms, humans, elves, dwarves, orcs...I suppose that the technological approach could be incorporated by all of those things, but then it's like tech vs magic/nature.  I'm not sure how I personally feel about that.  There's a lot that can be done with a fantasy realm, mixing it with a technological realm to me almost seems like adding too many spices to the soup.  But if everyone else would prefer that idea, more than happy to give it a try and see how it goes.

elfguy

I'll wait to see if Cal is fine with ex-master then, then we'll see which idea we'll take.

I'm fine with either setting, I guess it's up to what people prefer. I just had a character I could use for the tech/fantasy idea, otherwise I'll just have to go dig around.
----

Xadrixna

All right then we'll wait a little bit and see who says what. :)  I'm not completely against the fantasy/tech thing, I just don't want too many elements especially for my first forum RP in a long while.

elfguy

Actually if you'd rather stay all fantasy and if I had the mistress spot I found this lovely lady that could work. She's a Dragon Rider, not especially strong but very agile and skilled at lance combat, roams around in a very exposed state to allow for better movements. That's one possibility.

----

Cal1496

Well first of all I just wanna say I am a big supporter of the pure fantasy idea, and that idea of advanced sci-fi tech kinda puts me off the whole idea.  So if you all decide to go with then all I can really is good luck.  Because honestly, for my soup that is way to many spices lol 8-)

As for master or mistress thing, I actually think the idea presented by elfguy about his character trying to procure yours Xadrixna is the best one.  Adds an element of the slaves being truly a lower class, and really concretes(at least from my characters point of view) that this is all strictly business.  Then maybe I can be more of a bad guy and make elguys gal jump through some hoops to her sweet love lol

If everyone decides on that on though there will actually be made quite a few jokes about how sad it is to fall in love with a slave.  "You're in love with slave?  Why not be in love with chair?  It would make sense if you'd said horse."  Oh so mnay mean jokes!  Ya, I wanna be a bad guy!

Again, just an add on to an idea.  Depends how everyone feels about it.

elfguy

Well my character's love for her would still be in a dominating way, as in she still sees her as a potential pet, not a lover, but a pet she loves like you love a domestic animal, hence she would be overly affective with her.

As I said I'm fine with pure fantasy, altho if we go with the idea that you're the current master and I'd play an official type who wants your slave, I'd probably go with a different image than the one I posted.
----

Frezak

I'm also more with the idea of pure fantasy, if only because I think the whole pact thing is a bit out of place when there's a technological (or even chemical) alternative.
As to a character, would anyone have anything against someone trying to learn more about the pact itself in order to master it? With the ultimate goal of being able to make slaves himself?
If not, I suppose I could play a nicer character, what with Cal apparently having cooked up a pretty evil guy.
I'd rather only play another Pact slave if the story really needs one, though I'm not overly averse to the idea.

kckolbe

Just been kinda hanging back to see how this would go, but I like the setup so far.  I wouldn't mind playing a servant/slave of Elfguy's who is perhaps being tasked to assist with these matters, perhaps by doing a little spy work.  This would allow him to see the beautiful slave and start to desire her as well.  I am also okay with pure fantasy.

Intro Thread

elfguy

That could work. How about, my character is the Captain of the Slave District Legion, the ones supposed to keep security in the slaves market and also keep track of the contracts and make sure everything runs smoothly. You could play either a guard or a bureaucrat under my command, and when I notice this enticing slave and become interested in her, I send you to spy on her, and when I learn that you also have developed an interest, it could make for some heated action scenes :P
----

Xadrixna

Ok, pure fantasy it is then.  That was my general want anyway.  And I am perfectly fine with Frezak wanting to perhaps learn if there's a way to force the pact to create more useful slaves without having to find an actual pact slave, who in my mind are fairly rare naturally.  And if elfguy's ok with the idea, I'm more than fine with kc being a servant or slave of the mistress.  I think it would work just fine.  It seems we are coming to an overall agreement.

And Elfguy, that's a very enticing looking mistress.  I'm fine with whatever you choose though.

YAY this is starting to come together.

Ok, and to add, just saw elfguy's response.  That would work fine.

kckolbe

Wonderful.  This way you still have power over me, though not as direct.  Shades of gray are more fun.  A bureaucrat is always fun.  I'll let you be the physically intimidating one.

Intro Thread