News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Coven (Reboot in Process)

Started by RainbowRian, July 31, 2014, 08:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowRian

" When I was a child, I spoke like a child. I understood like a child. I thought like a child, but as I grew.. I put away childish things.  Childhood is over."

" Located in New Orleans, Louisiana, Miss Robichaux's Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies was an academy of witchcraft where young witches are automatically enrolled once their powers have been uncovered. It is here that they are taught the history of their kind and how to control their abilities. The Academy was built in 1790 as a private school for privileged girls but was turned into a military hospital in the Civil War. The Supreme, the most powerful witch of the generation and a prominent socialite back then, reclaimed the building and reinstated it as a school as a cover-up, but in reality turned it into a safe haven for young witches to learn and hone their powers. Due to many women of the bloodline choosing not to reproduce, the population dwindled from what it, at one time was.  In the early 2000s the populous of male witches took a significant enough hold, for the school and haven to allow them admittance, renaming the school to Robichaux's Academy for the Exceptional. "

Links

Powers Available

• Telekinesis: The ability to manipulate objects with the power of the mind.
    • Clairvoyance: It manifests in varying ways among the witches. A witch may have the ability to read minds, which traditionally is referred to as Telepathy; have the ability to predict the future, or know information about events, places and person. 
    • Resurgence:Re-Animation of once living things.
    • Pyrokinesis: The ability to control and conjure fire with the power of the mind.
    • Terrakinesis: The ability to manipulate stone and earthen materials
    • Tactile Premonition: The ability to truly see. When touching an object or person they receive visions.
    • Power Cancellation: The ability to cancel a Witches gifts when used against him, either by touch or strong will.  Must be used constantly in order to keep effect active.
    • Carne Artis : The Ability to craft flesh from a dead specimen, into whatever form desired.  When dealing with dead flesh the form can be molded and sculpted like clay.
    • Telepathy: The ability to talk to others with only your mind.
    • Aquakinesis: The ability to manipulate water and liquid materials with the power of the mind.
    • Morte Sermo: The ability to communicate with spirits and the deceased.
    • Mortuos Suscitate: The ability to raise the dead from the grave, resulting in mindless zombies that can potentially be controlled by the witch/warlock
    • Photokinesis: The ability to manipulate and create light
    • Glamour: The ability to change your appearance.  You may look like any other person, however family and those who know you are more likely to see the real you.
    • Astral Projection: The ability to project your consciousness into a visable form.  (may become physical form later.) This leaves the physical body vulnerable.  If the physcial body is harmed, so is the astral.
    • Levitation: The ability to hover and move about 15 feet up.
    • Audible Inundation: The power to overwhelm someone's mind with voices.

The Seven Wonders
    The seven wonders are seven gifts that only the Supreme can master (all 7).

Seven Wonders Powers

• Concilium: Imposition of one's will onto another. Also called mind control. It can be resisted, though doing so causes increasing intracranial pressure to the point of explosion.
    • Transmutation: The ability to move instantaneously from one location to another without physically occupying the space in between.
    • Divination: The extra-sensory awareness of things including, objects and people
    • Vitalum Vitalis: Another form of Resurgence, this gift is not for the faint of heart.  This gift allows the person to be able to raise and heal the dead to their previous state.  It also allows them to drain the life force from another.  The larger the being the more taxing it can be for the witch, and the less experience, the more deadly it can be.
    • Descensum: Spiritual decent into the netherworld or afterlife..  In the test Descensum, You have from nightfall to sunrise to make your way back from your own personal hell.  If you have not returned, you become but ash.
    • Pyrokinesis: The ability to control and conjure fire with the power of the mind.

Plotline

"After the death of the Supreme, the coven at Robichaux's Academy for the Exceptional, are faced with not only a new Supreme, but also New council members.  The world about them changing as new students come to the school and the coven is essentially "outed" and accepted, but even through the acceptance there are enemies hiding in the shadows."

Current Plot and Goal as of 01/04/2015 07:22am EST

Plot: Reboot
    Goal: Reboot.

Post Header

The image must be 150px by 200px. If you need a resize, ask.

Character name: Your character
    Who: For who are you writing. If it's anyone, write OPEN
    Where: Some threads cover multiple rooms, write where you are
    When: Day of the month, period of the day

Your text here
    Thoughts in Italics

[/list][float=left][img padding=5][/img][/float]
    [b]Character name[/b]: [i][/i]
    [b]Who:[/b] [i][/i]
    [b]Where:[/b] [i][/i]
    [b]When: [/b] [i][/i]
    [hr]
    Your text here
    [i]Thoughts in Italics[/i]

Character Application

Make sure your app is filled as is required below. PM your completed application to the GMs

School Portrait will be made by the GM.  Please choose an image that has enough free room above to become a portrait.

Player:Player Name
    Song:Choose a Song that flows or describes your character.

Character Biography

Name: Character Name
    Orientation: Character Sexuality
    Hair: Hair Color
    Eye Color: Eye Color
    Height: Character Height
    Ons & Off Player and/or Character Ons and Offs
    Powers:

• Power/Powers are listed here.  Each Character starts with one, to develop others through gameplay

Appearance:   
    Character Name
    Extra Character Image included here.
    Description of Appearance   
    Personality:
    Character Personality Description here.
    Enemies
    Enemies the Character may have

History | Background

Character History.  (2-3 Paragraphs please.) 

[center]
    [table]
    [tr]
    [td][center][i][b][img][/img][/b][/i]

[color=grey][i][b]Player:[/b][/i][/color]
    [color=grey][i][b]Song:[/b][/i][/color][/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]
    [hr]
    [center][b][i][size=20pt][/size][/i][/b][/center]
    [hr]
    [table]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Name: [/b][/td][td][i][/i][/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Age: [/b][/td][td][i][/i][/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Orientation: [/b][/td][td][i][/i][/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Occupation:      [/b][/td][td][i][/i][/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Hair: [/b][/td][td][i][/i][/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Eye Color: [/b][/td][td][i][/i] [/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Height: [/b][/td][td] [i][/i][/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Ons & Off [/b][/td][td][i][/i] [/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Powers:[/b][/td][td][list]
    [li][/li]
    [/list][/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]
    [/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]
    [table]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Appearance:   [/b]
    [float=left][spoiler=][img][/img][/spoiler][/float][/td][td][justify][i]   [/i][/justify][/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Personality:[/b][/td][td][justify][i] [/i][/justify][/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Enemies[/b][/td][td][justify][i] [/i][/justify][/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]
    [/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][center][hr]
    [b][i][size=20pt]History | Background[/size][/i][/b]
    [hr][/center]
    [/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][justify] [/justify]
    [/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table][/center]

Fun Stuffs

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=195974.msg9529900#msg9529900][img height=20]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/8/82/CovenSig.png[/img][/url]

Send Character sheets to RainbowRian, Vampyre Valkyrie, and CurvyKitten

Keep in mind, This is NOT a large 1x1 pairing, or pairing specific game.  Pairings will happen, but we are a Group Game and players are expected to participate in the group plots, should it suit the character, not only pair up with one player.  You will have one on one time but the plots ARE important.

RainbowRian

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
    I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
    ~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
    She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

RainbowRian

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on August 03, 2014, 09:19:53 PM
    Tentative interest. :)

Sweet, then one spot will be tenatively held :D

Red Stella

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm thinking over what to do with my character and am wondering if the song is required? Honestly, I almost never think about songs when I'm working on a character and it's very hit or miss for me if I end up finding a song (usually completely by accident/without trying to) that fits after I start writing them, and I'd hate to feel limited/unable to work on a character because I don't use songs as part of my building process... honestly, music is just background noise for me most of the time when I'm writing, I don't use specific songs for certain characters or anything like that.
    I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
    I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

RainbowRian

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on August 04, 2014, 12:40:36 PM
    I'm thinking over what to do with my character and am wondering if the song is required? Honestly, I almost never think about songs when I'm working on a character and it's very hit or miss for me if I end up finding a song (usually completely by accident/without trying to) that fits after I start writing them, and I'd hate to feel limited/unable to work on a character because I don't use songs as part of my building process... honestly, music is just background noise for me most of the time when I'm writing, I don't use specific songs for certain characters or anything like that.

It is not Required.  With the first group of "upperclassmen"  so to speak it was as it was a way for me to get to know the character through music.  However if you don't wish to include one, or wish too later you can either way

Bloodied Porcelain

Sadly, I think I'm going to have to withdraw my  interest for now. I spent all week trying to come up with a character idea and I've got nothing. Life has become incredibly stressful and it's giving my muse hell.  :'( Perhaps if you're still looking when things calm down I can pop in then.

RainbowRian

RainbowRian

RainbowRian

New Players keep in mind...The dates available for play will be July 13th - July 20th. You will be new and not part of starting ritual

TeacupTwink

Interested - Interested - Interested. I just made a return and I need something to look forward to. I started my own coven rp, however it was a flop. I am a horrible head / manager of group rp's. :[ Yours however looks very nice, detail oriented and has a lot of time put into just the opening page. I'm quite impressed and intrigued to see more.

You can definitely count a spot for me, if you'll have me?

CurvyKitten

We'd love to have you hun, feel free to work up a sheet and get it to us gm folks so we can get you into the witchy swing of things :)

azzmeister89

CurvyKitten

Available powers are listed in the first post, but just to quote it for you. You may choose from this list, I look forward to your ideas :)

• Glamour: The ability to change your appearance.  You may look like any other person, however family and those who know you are more likely to see the real you.
    • Astral Projection: The ability to project your consciousness into a visable form.  (may become physical form later.) This leaves the physical body vulnerable.  If the physcial body is harmed, so is the astral.
    • Aerokinesis: The ability to manipulate the element of Air.

Galanthor

Found something curious there...Telekineses is listed as available, but also as one of the seven wonders.
    The seven wonders however are as far as I gathered only available to The Supreme.
    Since new Charakters can't be The Supreme, shouldn't that mean that Telekinesis is unavailable?

TeacupTwink

Quote from: Galanthor on September 03, 2014, 03:39:19 PM
    Found something curious there...Telekineses is listed as available, but also as one of the seven wonders.
    The seven wonders however are as far as I gathered only available to The Supreme.
    Since new Charakters can't be The Supreme, shouldn't that mean that Telekinesis is unavailable?

One must master all seven wonders to become The Supreme. This however does not mean that getting one of the 7 powers makes them the supreme or shouldn't be available. :] That is the reason why. In the show, numerous people got telekinesis for example, but they never became supreme. They had quite a few of the seven wonders, but only one who masters all seven gets that rank.

Galanthor

Ah so I got that  one line wrong.
    QuoteThe seven wonders are seven gifts that only The Supreme can possess.
    Kinda sounded to me as if each of where gifts only The Supreme can possess. Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Galanthor on September 03, 2014, 04:06:30 PM
    Ah so I got that  one line wrong.Kinda sounded to me as if each of where gifts only The Supreme can possess. Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

That is ill phrased so please forgive us on that, a supreme is the only one that can have all 7. Yes there are those in the show that have more then one gift, in fact some of our characters were given second gifts with the rp. Though most of them had nothing to do with the 7 wonders and more to do with going with what they already had.

This is what we have available thus far, we have two sheets in for revue so I have taken those powers off the list. I will edit if that changes at any point.

Also we are excepting all genders and sexual orientation within the game. I do believe with some of our new additions we will be evening up so feel free to create whatever you wish. :)

RainbowRian

RainbowRian

persephone325

I've been following this game since the first time you started it. XD *insert Creeper face*
    This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
    It always ends in a fight.
    You pulled me from the river. Why?
    I don't know.
    "Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RainbowRian

Its alright, I know you stalk me ;p

persephone325

Quote from: RainbowRian on January 04, 2015, 10:13:45 PM
    Its alright, I know you stalk me ;p

*stammers* I...No..! That's... I would never - !

OK... You caught me. XD
    This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
    It always ends in a fight.
    You pulled me from the river. Why?
    I don't know.
    "Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RainbowRian

Lol  Im also going/thinking about starting another game ;)  You should PM me and I can give you details

Flower

Curvy mentioned this to me a while ago and was kind enough to let me know you guys were going to reboot it. I will take a look at your information in a bit. Just wanted to state my interest.  :-)

RainbowRian

Flower

Apologies if this information is somewhere and I just missed it but are all the powers available for potential new characters?

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Dancing flower on January 05, 2015, 01:59:31 PM
    Apologies if this information is somewhere and I just missed it but are all the powers available for potential new characters?

YAAY ~hugs de flower~ We actually Just posted a list of available powers in the first post and soon info thread(updating stuff as we speak still). Sorry for the delay on that :). We add all sorts of fun goodies to the list to give a bit of variety past the original 7 :)

Nowherewoman

This sounds very cool, and the sort of thing I like to make characters for- thinking of wither a PK or a Carne Artis

Couple of questions, though:

1) Obviously, are you still accepting?

2) How large a group are you expecting it to be? I have troubles with larger group games- since I  travel a lot for work, I tend to get badly behind when there are a whole bunch of people posting, and never get really caught up. I'd rather pass up on a game that excites me, than put myself and others in that position again.

Thanks!
    Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0