Overwhelmed with stuff help me understand and guide me

Started by Blubber, January 24, 2024, 09:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blubber

Hey yall. Total dumbass here. 
So what's the problem? My problem is despite being given multiple guides and how do things works I'm still confused and overwhelmed by the stuff here. (Thanks autistic brain. Legit I'm on the spectrum). 

Here's my issue. I have a character who has that young beautfuil look despite being old (context. Character started as a vampire. Got reborn as a forest nyphm. That kind of shit), and I don't know where to put him. I don't know where to post an Add for a lewd story driven story and I'm just really overwhelmed despite being guides and so on. I just need help and I'm sorry I'm dumb as shit. 

RedPhoenix

Where do you want to write the story?

If you want to write it on the forum, post your ad on this subforum: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=361.0

If you want to write it someplace else (discord etc) post your ad on this subforum: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=425.0

You'll see lots of examples in those places of how other people have advertised looking for partners! Good luck! =)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Blubber

Thank you!!!! But where do I post my character? Do I at all? Just...*brain bleed*

RedPhoenix

There's no one true place to post characters for 1x1 stories.

If you want to post it as part of the advertisement just post in there in the thread you make! And then if you start a story you can ad it to the opening post if you and your partner like.

If you'd like your own place to post characters you make, you can make a thread for it in the World Building forum ( https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=517.0 ) or you can ad it as a post to an Ons & Offs thread if you like to make one for yourself, the board for Lords doing so is -> https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=186.0

Envious

Quote from: Blubber on January 24, 2024, 09:37:59 AMI'm just really overwhelmed despite being guides and so on. I just need help and I'm sorry I'm dumb as shit.

Let's be honest. Who really wants to read through all that? >_> It is definitely overwhelming because it is so much! Don't be sorry and you're not dumb.

Red has done a great job of answering, but I have dropped you a private message!

Sara Nilsson

Also, do not feel bad. E is VERY overwhelming at first. Took me a few months after I was approved before I dared post anywhere. heck the mods even poked me to check if everything was ok if memory serves.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nymphadora

Just wanted to add in an additional positive message that you are not the only one who's been overwhelmed by E when they start. Even now, after years, I still get a bit confused\nervous about where to post stuff sometimes. So definitely don't feel dumb. As you can see, folks are friendly and helpful. :) Glad you reached out so you can get the support you need to enjoy the site. Hope you find a great RP or many more :)
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Blubber

RedPhoenix

Just wanted to echo what Nymphadora said. Everyone was a confused newbie once upon a time. Even those of us who have been around forever still need to ask questions and get help. Don't stress it! =]

Countdown

*puts his hand up*

I'm 10+ years and I'm still learning.  If you're not sure about something, ask others that you know are good at something, like code.  I suck at the code stuff here.  

Then again, I'm an old man.

Please don't say you're dumb, that just is not the case.

On's and Off's
A's and A's--> Updated: 10/18/23

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Blubber

Hey everyone. Finally get to respond. Thank you all for the kind words. It's still scary to see all these room bur still thank you all. 

Hopefully I will make this work and be able to fully enjoy the site and its people. Thank you all. 

Sara Nilsson

Moving forward what I would suggest you do is set up an On/Off thread in the Lords on and off folder. If you link that in your signature people can easily see it.

Then just, look around. Lots of social threads to chat in, I found personally that most of my stories come from those. You joke/goof around, or such and people get an idea for your personality.

it can be rough at first, you have no presence here, no stories for people to look at to get an idea how you write. But dont get discouraged.

Blubber

Blubber

Hey so I've run into a new problem. Where I can show an examples of my skills here in character? 

Like for example, writing a what if scene where my character dose a thing in response to a thing? 

If this makes any sort of sense. 

Oniya

Our Storytelling Forum is a good place to put solo writing.  In addition to the option of posting your writing free-form there, we also feature two 'writing prompt' threads ('What Comes Next?' and 'Picture This') in that board.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

RedPhoenix

I've also seen people put writing samples in their advertising posts, if you wanted potential partners to see it!

Timeless

Quote from: Blubber on January 30, 2024, 04:32:20 AMHey so I've run into a new problem. Where I can show an examples of my skills here in character?

Like for example, writing a what if scene where my character dose a thing in response to a thing?

If this makes any sort of sense.

You can also write a sample post in your O/O thread if you need to. But the other suggestions are good ones too!

Blubber

Quote from: Timeless on January 30, 2024, 08:19:11 AMYou can also write a sample post in your O/O thread if you need to. But the other suggestions are good ones too!
I MADE A STORY!!

Blubber

Quote from: Timeless on January 30, 2024, 08:19:11 AMYou can also write a sample post in your O/O thread if you need to. But the other suggestions are good ones too!
Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 30, 2024, 07:06:20 AMI've also seen people put writing samples in their advertising posts, if you wanted potential partners to see it!
Quote from: Oniya on January 30, 2024, 05:20:49 AMOur Storytelling Forum is a good place to put solo writing.  In addition to the option of posting your writing free-form there, we also feature two 'writing prompt' threads ('What Comes Next?' and 'Picture This') in that board.
Made a short story!!

Blubber

New question. There's a set of glasses beside my story post. What's that about? Under review? 

RedPhoenix

Blubber

Quote from: RedPhoenix on February 04, 2024, 09:19:55 PMIt means the topic is on your watchlist. =)
Ooooooooooo.

I get ya now!

Still kinda sad no one has seen it yet. ;-;

Oniya

Forums do tend to move at a leisurely pace.  The best thing to do is be patient, and spend some time exploring.  Take a little section at a time, get comfortable with that, and then expand to other areas that attract your attention.

RedPhoenix

Solo writing doesn’t tend to get a lot of views here unfortunately. If you’re looking for a partner maybe read though other people’s ads and see if any of them appeal to you and reach out to them!