Current to-do list (Add requests here : )

Started by Vekseid, March 03, 2009, 07:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

1: Re-enable search
2: Add the donation spam back to the index, this time with a spiffy easy to update function (yeah yeah : /)
3: Restore PM counts to the header and re-enable newbie nagging
4: Fix user postcounts
5: Clean up the dicebot
6: Add custom (simple for now) BBCode
7: New chat button (want to redo/reset some things...)
9: Replace the current shoutbox and see if AjaxChat is less resource intensive (The shoutbox is currently using a 2.4ghz processor and some 2gb of ram, all on its very own).
10: Get a decent smiley set or three (current set is used to match the shoutbox, obviously not ideal)

8: See about fixing the signatures, other Display messiness
11: Customize the shoutbox a bit. Link membernames and make the roller a bit better, look into multiple shoutboxes and possibly create a help bot out of the chatbot. This is probably in the 'ongoing project' category but some of that is simple (already wrote a good roll parser, etc).
12: Rebuild arcade

If there are any other problems that are currently going on now, or things that need be doing, please let me know and I will add them to this list : )

Haibane

Log outs.

Erm... and my pillory status removing. Please?

Vekseid

Log outs should not be happening anymore if your url is consistently at http://elliquiy.com

Vekseid

Err, but let me know if it still happens, regardless >_>

Vekseid

Greenthorn

Dawg

Greenthorn won't stop touching me - oh wait that's not a problem - carry on

Seriously though - Wiki link on the menu bar
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Greenthorn

Wiki is there Dawg!

*touchtouch*

1) Make it so that the SB goes up instead of down (scrolling and with the shout at the bottom)?
2) Color scheme change?  Pepto Bismal pink sucks!!  *grins*

Haibane

Chat link on the menu bar? Preferably one where I'm not blacklisted  ::)

Maeven

Obviously not a huge priority, but can you justify the signature blocks to the very bottom of posts rather than have them begin immediately after the substantive text?

(I like Pink! shup GT!)
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Greenthorn

Quote from: Maeven on March 03, 2009, 08:02:54 AM
Obviously not a huge priority, but can you justify the signature blocks to the very bottom of posts rather than have them begin immediately after the substantive text?

(I like Pink! shup GT!)

I agree..the huge sigs stink!

And pink is ....OOOOKAY...but the upset stomach relief pink is...a bit obnoxious *laughs*

Greenthorn

Okay...does anyone else have an extremely tiny smiley list?  Or is it my comp?

Vandren

I've got the extra tiny smileys too, GT.

And tiny light grey font for "Last Post" on the main page, under the forum titles.  The font's fine for me to read, if a tad small, but I'd bet there are lots of folks who can't read it.  And the light grey is nearly invisible against the background.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Caeli

Quote from: Maeven on March 03, 2009, 08:02:54 AM

It's annoying and a bit inconvenient, but I turned off the signatures completely. XP I hate huge blocks of signature.

Last on your list: Arcade! And by last, I seriously mean... last. You can add it after everything else is fixed.

I like pink, but could it be a not-so-bright shade? Maybe a hue with a bit more gray in it, so I don't go blind when I'm staring at E. xP
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Inkidu

Tiny fonts, of the main index. It's really hard to read. Seriously this topic appears in point-two font.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Valerian

Any chance of re-adding the "you have XXXX messages, X are new" notifier?  It wouldn't have to be as large as it was, but I keep missing the tiny little numbers that appear on the message tab.  Eventually I'll get the habit of looking in the right spot, so it's no big deal; but I wanted to ask.

And okay, I like seeing how many messages in total I have at a glance...
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Stattick

Err.... I feel like it's almost a nitpick compared to the other stuff, but I really dislike our new smilies. It would be super+ awesome in my opinion if we could go back to the old ones. This is a pretty low priority issue in my opinion, so you can put it at the bottom of the list. But still... I really don't like the new smilies at all... And they're so small, it's hard to make out the faces anyway. The one that's supposed to be the one with the really big grin lookes like he's frowning or something, and the one with his tongue out looks like he's, uh, got something in his mouth.
O/O   A/A

Valerian

"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aeval

Links to email:
I get notified in my email when posts to an rp or thread are made or I get PM's- i noticed the only one working with the link to E! is the PN notification: when notified of a PM-the blue link takes me directly to E.
When notified of a post in an rp or any other thread or alphabet game etc- the link is in regular black color-even when I cut and paste- it doesn't bring me to E!. Don't know if this is significant or not but it's a change from before.

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Stattick

The SB history is a bit confusing. The SB currently has the most recent post on top, but the history has it on the bottom. A nitpick to be sure... on the other hand, I like almost everything else about the SB better then the old way.
O/O   A/A

Vekseid

Quote from: Aeval on March 03, 2009, 12:40:00 PM
Links to email:
I get notified in my email when posts to an rp or thread are made or I get PM's- i noticed the only one working with the link to E! is the PN notification: when notified of a PM-the blue link takes me directly to E.
When notified of a post in an rp or any other thread or alphabet game etc- the link is in regular black color-even when I cut and paste- it doesn't bring me to E!. Don't know if this is significant or not but it's a change from before.

Err, can you forward me examples of what you're talking about? vekseid@gmail.com

Updated.

Dawg

Can we get the quote button to work like the reply (Open in the post edit box), like it used to. Currently it opens in the quick reply box at the bottom and none of the formatting tags are available there so we either need to add formatting by hand or choose preview which takes us to the editor.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Stattick

Quote from: Dawg on March 03, 2009, 12:50:10 PM
Can we get the quote button to work like the reply (Open in the post edit box), like it used to. Currently it opens in the quick reply box at the bottom and none of the formatting tags are available there so we either need to add formatting by hand or choose preview which takes us to the editor.

Oh, thank you for remembering that Dawg... I knew there was something else I wanted to add to my last post.
O/O   A/A

Greenthorn

Ack!!

My buddy list has been pruned down!!

Maeven

Quote from: Dawg on March 03, 2009, 12:50:10 PM

If you just use the minus sign to close the quick reply box, quotes and replies will work like normal.  Alternatively, you can choose whether to show it at all in your profile settings.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule