Virtual Galaxy Beta Discussion (Closed)

Started by Moraline, July 07, 2013, 08:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelsmiter

Quote from: Moraline on July 10, 2013, 01:43:20 PM
I'm thinking about getting some of the threads posted up soon.

What do you all think about having a riddle to solve to earn some VCoins right from the start?

Hey, I like that, I'm decent at riddles. I did have a question of Combat though. Some of us might want to run away sooner than "nearly dead" I was wondering if we could base run away on the margin of failure, say, 5% of health lost per point? Kind of make it tactical, so that maybe we can run back on lower health losses, take risks, simulate "kiting", that sort of thing?

Is that too mathy?
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Moraline

Quote from: steelsmiter on July 10, 2013, 03:21:58 PM
Hey, I like that, I'm decent at riddles. I did have a question of Combat though. Some of us might want to run away sooner than "nearly dead" I was wondering if we could base run away on the margin of failure, say, 5% of health lost per point? Kind of make it tactical, so that maybe we can run back on lower health losses, take risks, simulate "kiting", that sort of thing?

Is that too mathy?
Well there are no actual numbers.

So basically, if you rolled within a couple points just over the victory line then you could write that you used a kiting technique to achieve victory.

The reason for this is precisely because I don't want to make it too mathy. But it makes a bit of sense if you barely win then yes.. you get beat up and yes you take a lot of damage and you use your skills and tactics to achieve victory.

Alternatively if you rolled just a couple points under and lost then you fought hard and came close to victory but had to get away at the last minute or you finally ended up losing.

A wide margin(winning/losing by a number of greater then 5 points) of victory or defeat would translate into losing badly or winning easily - depending of course on if you won or lost.

I hope I explained that clearly. I might add this question and answer to the Simple System post.

Quote from: Chrystal on July 10, 2013, 02:41:56 PM
Why not go with NC Exotic System Small Groups?
That is precisely then what I'll do unless something else comes up.

QuoteIt seems the most sensible in a game where PvP is allowed, as PvP is rarely a consensual thing between characters (although it needs to be between players).
Well, PvP is going to be very limited as most worlds will not allow PvP.. so any PvP that does occur will need to be very intentional with a conscious choice of traveling to a PvP enabled zone. Although there is some rivalry for winning the game that can take place involving no actual physical fighting.

QuoteBecause, as with your other VERY useful list (that I have used once again, fairly recently), it is something that would be useful to many other players!
Where would I put it? And is it really that useful of a "simple system?"

QuoteWhen you say "No weapons", does that include my claws?
Claws are always useful in a combat zone.

steelsmiter

Quote from: Moraline on July 10, 2013, 07:41:10 AM
It's going to be amusing to see the characters react when they realize that they have no powers/skills/items/weapons/equipment/VCoins etc...
How literal should I take that? are we talking gear of some use or has the system gone all out in the fan service department, thus allowing us to start off actually naked if we click the little uncensor button?
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Chrystal

*was planning to start out naked anyway...* -whistles innocently*

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Moraline

Quote from: steelsmiter on July 10, 2013, 05:05:11 PM
How literal should I take that? are we talking gear of some use or has the system gone all out in the fan service department, thus allowing us to start off actually naked if we click the little uncensor button?
Since this is an adult forum.. I'll go with "naked as the day your avatar was born"...

Translated: Fully nude.. or in Silverfyre's case.. completely furry.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

steelsmiter

Quote from: Moraline on July 10, 2013, 05:44:10 PM
Since this is an adult forum.. I'll go with "naked as the day your avatar was born"...

Oh goody, now if I could just find a CG database that has a decent amount of Guilty the Sin pictures... I have some on my computer but transfer is... diffiicult.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Formless

Heh ... So once I solve that riddle ... give me one good reason to go hunting for items when I can attend naked classes at wikitube ... ::)

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Formless on July 10, 2013, 05:57:51 PM
Heh ... So once I solve that riddle ... give me one good reason to go hunting for items when I can attend naked classes at wikitube ... ::)
I dunno about you, but I prefer not to have my genitals in contact with every surface I happen to be sitting on. 8-)
Check out my poet tree!

Chrystal

*grins*

I could always change my avatar...

In fact, I was going to post a few and say "pick one", but.... I fell in love!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Formless

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 10, 2013, 05:59:25 PM
I dunno about you, but I prefer not to have my genitals in contact with every surface I happen to be sitting on. 8-)

Good point ... I need to take better care of my shmack. >,>

Moraline

I would like to check out this touching of the seating surface for myself. Purely for academic reasons or course.

steelsmiter

Quote from: Moraline on July 10, 2013, 06:25:42 PM
I would like to check out this touching of the seating surface for myself. Purely for academic reasons or course.

oh I'm all for using the corner of the seat for... relief.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

TheHangedOne

Hey, Moraline, I have a surface you can sit on. There's soft parts, and even a hard part, too. 8-)
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 10, 2013, 06:44:06 PM
Hey, Moraline, I have a surface you can sit on. There's soft parts, and even a hard part, too. 8-)
*Pulls out my police hat, the handcuffs, and a whistle.. starts to blow the whistle*
Hey hey Mister! Save it for the adult section of the forums...

Move along, move along.. nothing to see here folks.  *Waves traffic through*

Formless

Quote from: Moraline on July 10, 2013, 06:50:11 PM
*Pulls out my police hat, the handcuffs, and a whistle.. starts to blow the whistle*
Hey hey Mister! Save it for the adult section of the forums...

Move along, move along.. nothing to see here folks.  *Waves traffic through*

The big nose totally killed the moment. A job well done Moraline. xD

SatanKlaus

This game reminds me a bit of Avalon, a 2001 Polish/Japanese movie.

Kimera

Moraline

Quote from: Kimera on July 11, 2013, 04:14:34 AM
Interested. Are there any char slots open?
Hi Kimera!

We always have spots for more people. Group dynamics are such that it'll remain flexible throughout the game's life.

Character sheet is in the original post, feel free to fill one out, and/or ask any questions that you might have.

Players/Characters so far...

Group/Team A:

•   Prof_Kruglov  (Played by TheHangedMan) - Age 23, hetero male, Botany major.
  • Blue_Grrl (Played by Moraline) - Age 17, bi female, High School student.
  • Spear Head (Played by Formless) - Age 24, hetero male, Comp Sci major.
  • Silverfyre (Played by Chrystal) - Age 21, lesbian female, Mathematics and Physics major
Group/Team B:

• Yubiwa Mahoutsukai (Played by Yugishogun) - Age 17, lesbian female, Literature major, minoring on cooking
  • Krad_Zephyros (Played by ZephySempai) - Age 19, hetero male, Dual Business/Culinary Arts Major 
  • Shina Okitsu (Played by steelsmiter) - Age 17, bisexual female, Psychology with minors in Mob Mentality and History
  •    
Group/Team C:

Quote from: SatanKlaus on July 11, 2013, 03:10:37 AM
This game reminds me a bit of Avalon, a 2001 Polish/Japanese movie.
I had to look that up but I think I seen a poorly dubbed version of that or something like it once. It's a little bit like it but not quite.

You should consider joining us.

TheHangedOne

Okay, question time. Did our characters also get stripped of all their gear and stats at the time of Parisa's announcement? Or is that going to happen in the near-future?
Check out my poet tree!

Formless

Well done with the threads Moraline.

When does the game officially starts and we can start posting? I'm working on my initial post so .. I'm almost ready.

TheHangedOne

It is amazing already. My muse is singing and dancing.  ;D
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 11, 2013, 12:46:26 PM
Okay, question time. Did our characters also get stripped of all their gear and stats at the time of Parisa's announcement? Or is that going to happen in the near-future?
Yes, thank you for reminding me. I'm going to update the initial post in WikiTube World with that information.

Quote from: Formless on July 11, 2013, 12:49:43 PM
Well done with the threads Moraline.

When does the game officially starts and we can start posting? I'm working on my initial post so .. I'm almost ready.
I made a few posts... already to get it started so you can start posting any time.

I'm going to make a post soon in WikiTube about Blue's initial reaction too here shortly.

Go ahead anytime. 

((PS: WE ARE STILL RECRUITING!))

Yukina

I'll post after either Zephysempai or steelsmiter. Yubiwa is bound to be near one of them.

Chrystal

Moraline, I know I'm being a pain, but... I changed Silverfyre's avatar! I'm really sorry. I was looking for naked kitties and that one is just SOOOOO CUUUUUUUUTE! I couldn't resist her.

I'm really sorry!