The Flames of War (interest check)

Started by Sasquatch421, May 10, 2012, 01:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

Story: The year is 3024 and the Earth has been pushed to the brink. The surface is polluted and practically unsafe to live in so mankind has retreated inwards. Great spanning cities and tunnels mark the underground as the poor and helpless huddle. The rich and powerful live in space governing the cities from giant colonies and their elite troops.

Those who can work barely scrape by and the criminals take what little they gain. Those who get caught are banished to the surface where the pollution mutates them into grotesque creatures. Scavanging parties aren't safe from these dangers either as they are forced to used second hand enviromental suits.

There are some who envision a better life for all however.... They are a resistance group that call themselves The Hellknights. Having scavanged enough suits and power armor a small group has made their way towards where an old base is supposed to be. Untouched by the New Earth Government this base is supposed to house enough weapons and armor to finally give those that live underground a chance to free themselves. Although as this small group draws nearer to this place will what they hope to find actually exist? Or is this just another false hope?

Chars: All player chars are resistance members, but secondary chars can be ordinary people or even members of The New Earth. In this future augmentations are commonplace as people are able to have biotic parts even if they don't want them. For those that live underground the augs and biotic parts are older and usually are from before they went undergroud.  Biosuits and power armor are often pieced together and no two suits look the same.

Fighting in space often take place between ships and to lesser extent giant huminoid suits called Mobile Suits or MS's for short.

Ringtail69

sounds fun, i would be interested in giving this a try

Sol Lua

It sounds like an interesting setting, and I could come up with several different character ideas to fit into it.  Could be a fun way to get to know this place :)

Chaeronea

This sounds like it could be good fun. So as I understand it the New Earth Government is the organisation keeping the undergrounders under the heel of the orbitals? Would I be able to run a resistance character who is a former NEG trooper assigned to groundside security duty who defected to the resistance?

Sasquatch421

No problem Chaeronea... That would definitely work.

Ringtail69

can i be the borderline crazy guys that plays with fire/bombs?

Sasquatch421

Sure, there's always room for a borderline Pyro in the wasteland.

Elias

Acid

I'll reserve my final decision for when the OOC and IC goes up, but right now I'm intrigued. :)

Sol Lua

Cool character ideas coming in so far.

I'm thinking a scout kind of character.  She'll be able to get through tight situations and spaces, having grown up exploring the underground for resources etc. Sort of a hunter and explorer, gathering whatever resources she can find for herself and others before joining the resistance.

Elias

Would it be alright to play a character who can stick in bio enhancements?

I have a progenitor I have wanted to play for ages. He suffered from OsteoGenesis Imperfecta and replaced the majority of his body with bio engineered parts. I think he would fit in well with this world.

Sasquatch421

Of course, the way the world is a scout character would be very benificial to the group. I like it Sol Lua...

Elias, the idea would be alright it's just that the parts you have and could get would be old and probably worn unless you were experinced in the upkeep of them. So it probably be a given that the character would be a good mechanic and good with machines as well.

Sol Lua

Awesome.  I found a good pic that I can build that character with as well.  Who else is in?!

Ringtail69

im in, i will plan on making my guy like vinny here Best Disney Character Ever.

just his attire would be more suited for this type of setting

Frank Reshman

This sounds really interesting.  Count me in.  Just let me brainstorm a character.

Sasquatch421

No problem I'll set up a charcter and OOc thread up alittle later in Light Human small groups.

Ringtail69

Sasquatch421

OOC and Character thread are up...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=140308.0

I also changed from Armored Cores to Mobile Suits.... Any massed produced suit is usable from your prefered mecha anime or you can goto http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/gundamright.htm and choose. They have a great selection of mecha animes with full mechs and specs...

Sasquatch421

Still some room for more players if anyone is interested.

Azaria

I am definitely interested, working on a character right now  :D