Dungeons and Dragons 5E or Shadowrun

Started by Jett Void, June 16, 2016, 07:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jett Void

Evening E,

I've recently had a long winded D&D group go separate ways in real life. We had been playing for what was coming up on 9 months, having been without it for about a month now I've found myself missing it. I was the DM of that group and was hoping to just be a player in something along a similar vein. After searching around locally I can't find anything that successfully fills that void. My hope is that this post allows that group to find me. I'm interested in playing via forum thread or a VOIP over on roll20 or similar outlet. If you are running, or are attempting to start, a 5e or Shadowrun game then please reply to this thread and describe what you had in mind. Thanks for the glance.
My On's and Off's, for those of you that are interested. Ta-Dah!

Check out Serperior's Trove He has given me a few of my avatars.

My Request Thread.

This. Another wonderful place to find awesome avatars. If you like wicked, check it out.

Rune

Hi,

I've been working on a 5th edition, level 3 adventure for my face to face group, but I might be willing to run it on these forums as a test run.

The adventure will start in a small town. Recently, travellers gave been disappearing. However, this week an entire supply caravan vanished. This morning, several farms were found abandoned. The call for heroes has gone out to help the town.

If this sounds like something you might be interested in, let me know.

Jazrae22

I'd love to play in a 5e game!  I've played and DMed it before.  I'll play any race/class that's needed/wanted.

Tamhansen

ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Rune

What type of game would people want?

More smut or more romance?

More humor or more serious?

High magic or more historical?

Do you want themes of slavery and domination?

What would you like to see in this game?

Jazrae22

I'm good with a fairly basic fantasy adventure game with some puzzles and mysteries!

More romance than smut, not that smut doesn't have it's place.  I'm more of a 'fade out' for the sex scenes kind of girl.

A little humor is always fun, but nothing over the top like Discworld or the MYTH series.

Not too much magic.  A cleric in every town.  A wizard in every city.

There can be slavery assuming we are fighting against it.  Being dominated by a bad guy a little would be okay, again assuming there's no major pain/torture.  I like a little abject humiliation, i.e. the warrior woman forced to act like a nubile slave girl.

I like to start at a low level (1st-3rd), beat up bad guys, solve mysteries, explore ruins, and gain influence.  Typical D&D gaming stuff.  I'm open to most kinks, feel free to check my preferences.  I'm still working on an O/O document.

-Jaz

Blinkin

I wouldn't mind trying out 5e. I'm playing a 5e tabletop game right now, but I made the character, if you'll pardon the pun, in the dark with no idea of what I was doing and in about 10 minutes.

If someone would be willing to help me out with character ccreation in a little more of an informed way, I would be interested in a rogue, either human or half-elf.

I don't have the book(s), so I have no idea about beyond 1st level, but if you need someone to open locks and look for traps, I'm in for some fun.

As for content...

Romance vs smut... about half of the way down the middle?

Humor vs seriousness... some humor is good, but again, someplace in the middle? Humorous moments, but with some seriousness too?

Hi Magic vs Historical... I lean more toward the traditional fantasy side. Not "High" magic, but certainly like to see some magic involved

Slavery... As long as the PC's aren't the slaves... or at least not for long periods of time, I'm ok with it. I prefer to play someone fighting against slavery, but if it's part of society and accepted.... just don't want to be one.

I'm pretty wide open in kinks and fetishes. If it's in my off's, then it's an off, but otherwise, I like to have fun with all of it. As long as their's something besides combat and fucking, I'll be pretty happy with whatever.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Jazrae22

Blinkin,

Here is a free PDF of the basic D&D 5e rules.  It's straight out of the regular book and is only missing a few classes, races and backgrounds.  Everything else is exactly the same.

http://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/PlayerBasicRulesV03.pdf

I'm happy to help you out with character creation or understanding the rules.  Feel free to PM or email me.

-Jaz

Blinkin

Thanks for the link, I'll get it in the morning and look over it. I have some ideas based upon the mistakes made with my first character, mainly in the proficiencies and advantage/disadvantage areas. My DM is also new to the game, so it's a leanring experience for everyone. Will you allow homebrew archetypes at 3rd level, or going with just going with the ones in the PHB? I came across an interesting one on a wiki called Phantom Blade, but I don't think that it's core.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Jazrae22

Speaking of homebrews, here is a great link for tons of 5e Homebrew goodness: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?481588-D-amp-D-5e-Homebrew-Compendium-2

I can't speak for Rune (the prospective DM), but as this is their first 5e game on a forum AND some players are new to 5e, I would suggest we stick to the PHB for now.  Gotta learn to 5-foot-step before you can bull-rush.  :)

Tamhansen

What type of game would people want? Anything really

More smut or more romance? I like story to take precedence. If it leads to smut that's okay, if it means we fade black than that is great too

More humor or more serious? I love a bit of fun, but I'd rather not play a game of parodies

High magic or more historical? This being D&D magic is an integral part of the setting, but I'm happy with a limit

Do you want themes of slavery and domination? Only if players are up for it. Slavery as a social construct is very interesting, but in a sexual way it might distract

What would you like to see in this game? I'd love a game that starts at low level, newbies with shoddy equipment fighting of nuisances
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Jazrae22

Jazrae22