Arion's Ideas (MxF)

Started by Arion, September 28, 2013, 03:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arion

Hello again, fellow Elliquiy-ians.  After a bit of a long (and unexpected) hiatus, I've returned with some new ideas that I'd like to delve in to.  They're all a bit non-standard and will require a fair amount of behind-the-scenes work to pull off, but hopefully that won't drive anyone away.  In each of these I'll be playing/writing as the male character, with my partner as the female.  Feel free to either PM me or post here if you're interested.

1) The Dark Fantasy  Taken Down for Re-Working

This one's heavily based upon the games Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.  It's effectively a post-apocalyptic, or near so, fantasy setting; the world is ending as the Flame of Creation dies, and the heroes that tried to rekindle it have failed.  Most of mankind has died, many to rise as the undead Hollow who hunt the rest of the living alongside the beasts and demons under the command of Ruin (the cosmic force which is trying to snuff out the Flame).
     Our characters, a male and female, are some of the last survivors of the human race, though both have been marked by ruin to join the Hollow when they die.  However, another force is at work, drawing the two ever closer to the First City, Anor Antaer, where the last Embers of the Flame reside...
     This would be a dark, grim story.  The characters are pushed and pulled (perhaps against their will) towards the First City, the reason and goal of which is unknown.  The story would have a definite ending, one where I'd like one of the characters to die (preferably mine).  Much like the source material, a lot of the story would be told through the atmosphere and 'visual' clues, with a fair amount of both description, dialogue, and monologue.  Of all the ideas I'm writing up here, I think that this one will take the most time and effort to pull off.

My partner for this wouldn't have to be familiar with the games, as they're easy enough to explain.

2) The Sickness

Another end-of-the-world story that shares some elements from Zombie-survival films and the movies "The Crazies" and "The Happening".  It would begin a day or so before the beginning of the end, with the characters going about their normal lives.  When the End does begin, it manifests in several ways: some people become suicidal to the extreme, while others wander aimlessly muttering nonsensical phrases, while others become hyper-aggressive and/or cannibalistic, attacking anything that moves.
     Of course, our characters are unaffected by whatever the sickness or disease is, but must either flee their home city or find a way to survive amid the madness and danger.

3) Eden?     In Talks

This story begins with our characters (who may or may not know each other) going to sleep for the night.  The both dream of falling, almost as if they had been pushed over the edge of the world; when they wake, they are on a beach of white sand.  At first it appears that they are on a tropical island, though they have no memory of how they got there.  But as they look closer, more and more things seem wrong.  The water is warm and crystal clear, yet the air is cool almost to the point of being cold.  Most of the trees are evergreens, and yet there are fruit trees of every kind.  There doesn't seem to be any insects that bite or sting, the flora is all lush but not thick.  They seem to be alone on the island, yet after exploring a bit they find monolithic stone ruins...
     This story would involve a lot of exploration, discovery, and mystery, as the characters attempt to unravel the island's secrets and discover why they are there.

4) Dies the Past     In Talks

This story begins with one of the characters being selected as a participant in a stasis-chamber experiment.  The character steps into their chamber, expecting to be in stasis for only a couple of months...
...only to wake up more than a million years later.  Everything they once knew is gone and the world itself has changed.  Strange civilizations, some human, others not, have risen and fallen during their long sleep.  The character sets out to discover what he/she can, and along the way encounters the other character, a human (or at least, something that appears human) who has survived the collapse of the most recent civilization.
     Of the ideas, this is the one that I put the least amount of thought in to, but I still think its got a lot of potential.

Pictures
     I see the female character in these ideas resembling one of the following:

More so than the others, I see this being the female character for the "The Dark Fantasy" idea.

As far as pics of the male character for these, I leave that up to my writing partner(s).
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

<a href="https://www.f-list.net/c/arion99">My F-List

playfullchick76

I like the dies the past one a lot, and as for a pic, I like the second one.

A million years from now, Earth would be very different, which definately appeals to me.

Arion

Update:  Two of the stories are in talks with potential partners.  I'm looking at a max of three games from this list.
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

Arion

Idea #1 has been taken down due to its not being well thought-out enough.  I'll put it back up once I've filled it out better and nailed some of the more esoteric bits down (stupid things keep flapping around like the guy who built it doesn't know what he's doing).

;)

Harmony

I'd be interested in The Sickness should you still be seeking a partner for that one.