Supernatural Ideas for Group Play

Started by RainyHigh, August 11, 2013, 12:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainyHigh

I would rather not GM in any of these scenarios since I can post maybe once a day (weekends being the exception).

I am interested in a supernatural setting, maybe a school for hunters, or a city town where hunters are located and work together to keep the supernatural creatures that want to kill humans dead, dead. They would be the knights and dames of the modern age sort of.

They could hunt down evil trolls, banshees, vampires, lycans, shifters, demons, witches (and other things).

Perhaps maybe some of the hunters might be supernatural themselves? Or strictly human--whatever.

Let me know if you have an interest.

Another Group Play interest idea...

A modern setting high school or agency with no supernatural elements at all... well except for ghosts. There are some characters that can see ghosts (dead people) and they help them find their slice of heaven by solving a problem they could not solve while they were alive. Maybe some players could be ghosts as well?
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Moraline

I've actually been thinking for a long time about GM'ing a game loosely based on "Beyond the Supernatural."

-   It would be a modern urban fantasy settings (95% Freeform).  (I also have a more system dependent version game about 70% freeform)   PS: If your new to the dicebot, don't worry, it's super easy to use and I have a tutorial built for it.
-   Players would be humans (optionally they might have 1 or 2 very minor psychic abilities to aid them).
-   They would hunt (or be called out Ghostbuster style) and fight trolls, banshees, vampires, lycans, shifters, demons, witches (and other things).
-   Optionally, I could add a horror element to it and have the risk of people temporarily losing their sanity etc...

We'd need more of a story though then just fighting things from the other side.
Do we go full out Ghostbusters and get ridiculed publicly for our business, then maybe save the world?
Or are we maybe like a top secret covert operations centre sponsored by ...?

How sexual would the game be?
Would we consider putting it in the extreme, non-consensual sections, bondage, or light sections?

Let me know what your thinking. I might be totally off the mark on what you were considering.

RainyHigh

I love the idea of it being 95% free form since I am more comfortable with free form. I would not be opposed to it being 70% free form though.

I don't mind the players being strictly human (I prefer it actually) but some players need to be extra special (hey I will put myself in this category too!), so that's nice that they would have 1 or 2 minor powers.

I like the ghost buster style hunting.

Horror element? HECK YES!

More of a story, I can work on that.

I like the idea of them being ridiculed publicly. Maybe people think they are bogus, but then they have to go and save the day!

They game could have a mix of all those sexual elements. I love bondage myself. Maybe put it in extreme just to cover everyone's bases?

Rainy's Ons and Offs

doodasaurus

I literally cannot remember the last time I heard someone mention Beyond the Supernatural!  Next thing, people will be bringing up Ninjas and Superspies.  ;D

Moraline

Quote from: doodasaurus on August 11, 2013, 11:51:22 AMI literally cannot remember the last time I heard someone mention Beyond the Supernatural!  Next thing, people will be bringing up Ninjas and Superspies.  ;D
Funny you mention that, I was actually working out a Spy Game RP that was loosely based on that. Palladium is my favorite set of books and systems.

Quote from: RainyHigh on August 11, 2013, 10:51:25 AMI love the idea of it being 95% free form since I am more comfortable with free form. I would not be opposed to it being 70% free form though.

I don't mind the players being strictly human (I prefer it actually) but some players need to be extra special (hey I will put myself in this category too!), so that's nice that they would have 1 or 2 minor powers.

I like the ghost buster style hunting.

Horror element? HECK YES!

More of a story, I can work on that.

I like the idea of them being ridiculed publicly. Maybe people think they are bogus, but then they have to go and save the day!

They game could have a mix of all those sexual elements. I love bondage myself. Maybe put it in extreme just to cover everyone's bases?
I'll give it some more thought and might post up a Group Interest check for it. Any ideas on story?

Is there anyone else that would be interested in this type of a game?

RainyHigh

OK so... maybe the group is called something generic like, "Stone Agency" they advertise that they hunt ghost, vampires and other boogies of the night. No one believes them since hello those creatures don't exist. But they do. And some people do pay for their services.
One night, one of the hunters kills an innocent--by accident--and now the public and police force are wanting them shut down. But then a big bad guy comes to town, and they need the Stone Agency to kill them. Or the Stone Agency kills them even though they aren't suppose to. Whichever.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

doodasaurus

I am potentially quite interested in a good horror game, Palladium-based or not.  ;D

Ixy

I think this could be really cool.  If the group dynamics work out-- and I think that small-group would be ideal here-- then the freeform notion would be outstanding.  Could we discuss with the GM what we "want" the outcome to be, privately, then write it in a freeform-type flow?

As for the "intensity" of the story, I'd be happy with light or bd, but 'extreme just to be safe' kind of defeats the purpose of having 'extreme' anyway, unless there's a strong push from the players/GM for some extremely graphic content.

Setting would really benefit this story well-- it would be awesome to have it in a cool town with lots of grim history but a cool nightlife.  If it's America, I'd suggest New Orleans, Savannah, Baltimore, or LA?  Maybe other ideas?  Or if in other countries, I'm sure there's a million choices, but we can discuss ideas and I can do some research.

Personally, I may get gory with description of horror or combat at times, and really graphic with some details regarding erotic content, but I gravitate away from the most extreme stuff that would qualify as Ex with a big E.  If I could apply for this game, and the group dynamics work out well, I'd most like to see a small group, GM controls 'outcome' with player input, and all parties contribute to the flow of action.  If I could ask for specific erotic elements, they'd be some light NC with coercion and maybe a little mind-manipulation, group sex, maybe a 1-on-1 building, awkward, but satisfying relationship too?

GhettoMagick

I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Moraline

Quote from: GhettoMagick on August 13, 2013, 04:05:23 PM
Can I play a witch?

Not in the game idea that I envisioned but I think I'm going to bow out of this for now. I'm a bit swamped with other projects.

I might post up something in the near future for a supernatural game but not at this time.

Ixy

Thank you for letting us know.  It's completely understandable when a player or GM can't make the time commitment, and open communication of as much is greatly appreciated.  Good luck :)

Hercinia

I'm quite interested in this, but I have no idea of any game systems.

RainyHigh

Yeah for me I'd either have to GM it and not play a character, or play a character and not GM it. It's that time of the year where it's one or the other or it all just falls apart if there is no one to back it up.

>.<

I'll keep this open though just in case someone else feels inspired, or on the off chance some wonderful person wants to GM.
Rainy's Ons and Offs