News:

Main Menu

A Damned Bad Day

Started by Zakharra, May 10, 2006, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

National Acrobat

Zakharra, I am glad to hear that they are somewhere safe, and that you can visit with them. I hope that a good, speedy outcome results for you and your family.

I just wish people would realize that 'family', no matter the shape or form, is very important.

Celestial Goblin

That's the best news that the kids aren't harassed themselves. I'm still praying that it will work out for you all well.
And yes, you can never have too much help, ACLU, GLBT groups or whatever.

Zakharra

We talked to the social worker and it looks like it will be a month at the least before we can have them back. It'll likely be longer. Also we were denied public assistance so we will have to pay court costs ourselves. *sigh* So much for getting out of debt any time soon.

RogueJedi

What did the social worker say was the reason for the month long (or longer) delay?  Remember, we're here for you.

Zakharra

It takes that long for them to do a asessment of us and our house.

Elvi

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

RogueJedi

To be honest, they shouldn't have removed the kids then.  They are SUPPOSED to observe the kids in their environment.

Of course, I don't trust CPS, and I have my own reasons for it.  Just, don't trust those people, they aren't normally working in the kids' best interests.

National Acrobat

I second Roguejedi. I have friends that work at St. Joseph's Villa here in town that work with CPS locally, and they tend to remind the county CPS that they are supposed to watch the kids in the environment that they live in, not totally remove then from it in order to make an assessment. I don't know if it would be worth looking into that, but I would.

Purple

That's the case here where I'm at in Missouri--to look at the kids in their environment UNLESS they suspect out and out abuse that endangers the child. While what is happening certainly doesn't sound fair to any of us, most of the social workers in this country (and all that I know personally) do care about the best interest of a child and oftentimes only overreact because of genuine worry.  And humans do make mistakes--I just hope this mistake is remedied and those children are placed where they need to be, back in their safe and loving home with parents who love them.
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Mistiq

I am so glad for yall, but I still think a complaint can be filed. I have my reasons for being jovial that your children are in a foster home. I remember my time in a foster home, I was one and a half but because I was a primee, I was smalled than I should be. They lady game me formula, my sisters Kiki and Koko said. I remember being upset when the moved my sister Kiki to a different place, I don't know how managed to depressed at one, but I don't remember willingly eating or drinking anything. Condictions the were worst than with our parents at the time, sure with Mommy I was drity, but at least I was fed.

But you what I don't understand, there was this family on Dr. Phil. (I know) This god-damn woman hit the kids with this long ass ruler looking stick, they would cry and whine and "Mom stop" and she would scream at them and hit them for no reason. The looked like a 'Burbs kinda family, it was only after they were on Dr. Phil were the kids, older kids, taken. What the hell people?

Zakharra

Things have turned worse. Arri's mother is dying and I think she'd not expected to last the week. On top of the kids being taken away and now this, this is hitting Arri very hard. It will hit harder when she finally does pass on.  :'(

Lilac

...be well, and take care, however you have to ;_;

Purple

Oh my, I am so sorry.  My thoughts and prayers are doubled for the two of you.  If there is anything I can do, please let me know. *hugs and cries for you both*
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Zakharra

This morning ,June 22 , my girlfriend's mother died at 4 am. She had her two daughters by her side. My gf, Arri, is taking this hard. I'll be there to support her in this trial, for she needs it and my love. Which she has totally.

We are still fighting to get the kids back too.  *sigh*  :'(  This is not an easy time for us.

kylie

I'm not sure I understand the background of this very well.  But I wish you luck.

I spent enough years under state control to be impressed by how varied families are, and how children are society's political battlegrounds for so many issues.  If it's any consolation, some of those children pass around the lessons too -- it might be a word here and there, it might be a career (who knows).  It's not fair that more of the weight falls on kids in "non-traditional" settings, working class settings, and the like.  But it can be something of an education, too.

Hope you can take care of each other and keep everyone in touch.

Zakharra

My mother had a talk with me tonight. She asked about my being a T-girl, if I was taking hormones. I had to say yes.

The short of it  is that she will not accept me as her daughter. She thinsk that Satan is deceiving me and that I am not being true to  the 'Me', inside. I had hoped that she would be understanding at the least. So this is very painful to hear about.  :'(

Elvi

*sighs*

She will either come around, or she won't.
Which ever way, it is what you are and should be.

Nothing is harder than trying to deal with a parents dissaproval, but we all must and need to do it.....

*hugs*

Lirliel

*Hugs*

You are you Zahkarra and she is just going to have to live with it, *Hugs you tightly*, it sucks to not have your parents approve of what you are doing. But sometimes you just need to do what you feel in your heart is right.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Lyria

It's amazing the power our parent's approval holds over us, I've dealt with the loss of it in my own life. It was a long hard road to rebuild a relationship.

Hang in there. Life certainly seems to be dealing you a lot of blows, and hopefully Karma won't forget to turn around and pay you back.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Celestial Goblin

You might have it hard now Zakharra, but as Lyria says, the worries won't last forever.
It's sad to hear your mother takes such an attitude, but it's not your fault that she buys into intolerance. Maybe even it's not her fault, maybe she's somehow really convinced about her beliefs. You might get a chance to forgive her someday, it's her that can't find her real 'self', deceived by prejudice...

Zakharra

I got some good news to report! This Thursday we will be told by our social worker that when we get my oldest's room finished and ready, we can have the children back! All 3 of them. Finally!

*dances happily, crying with joy*  ;D

Elvi

Now THAT is good news.

*Joins in the dance*

Lilac

Zakharra

It's done. As soon as we get the rooms ready for the kids (one room for them for now) and our room, we will have them for 4-5 nights a week until our case status is changed to 'Protective', then we will have them full time. With monthly visits by our case worker. The papers for a new court date were submitted and it should happen before school starts.

So....... YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!  We did it!

Lirliel

*Hugs you* Hon that's great! :D
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."