X-Men and the Crow - interest check / recruiting

Started by Adammair, July 26, 2012, 10:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adammair

The X-Men are committed to helping to save humanity from evil mutants who would seek to enslave them. The Crow / Eric Draven is committed to saving a young woman named Sara. When she is hunted by mutants intent on harm, there can only be one chance for her rescue and salvation. Those who know about both must unite.

In that vein, I, along with Eranil Morathim, am seeking a group of like-minded individuals for a group story, to begin sometime in the near future, schedules permitting.

We are looking for the following main characters, along with some 'extras'.

I will apologize, before we go any further, for any poor GMing on my part. This will be my first large group game, and I have real life responsibilities coming up soon. Eranil can fill in for me, as needed.

That being said, we are looking for the baddest of the most badass heroes and villains to create on both sides of the battle, along with some others (known or unknown) to complete the roster at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters.

Characters (Required):

Heroes
Professor X - Available
Colossus - Available
Beast - Available
Wolverine - Adammair
Eric Draven / the Crow - Eranil
Sara - PennyNarrows
Gambit - freakula86
Storm - TessaJade
Unnamed (?) Black Queen clone - PaleEnchantress (apologies if you told me the name, and I have forgotten)

Villains
Sebastian Shaw (under consideration) - Available (The Kevin Bacon character from the movie X-Men : First Class)
Psylocke - (under consideration) - Available
Black Widow - Available
Sabretooth - luphawk (?)*
Lady Deathstrike - Rhys Thanatos
Deadpool - Starlequin (?)*
Mystique - Chartara
Cloud Shark (OC) - luphawk (?)*
Marrow - Michi No Sora

(?)* - Awaiting player acceptance

Thank you all for reading this, and further details will be posted here, as they arise.

PennyNarrows

This sounds brilliant. Can't wait to start. :)

Adammair

Neither can I, Penny. Thanks for agreeing to be a part of it. :-)

Jag

*eyes the game*

I hate you...*flicks Adam in the back of the head with her tail*

Count me in. Not sure who I would want to be though.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

AribethAmkiir

Starlequin

*cracks his knuckles and eyes the Deadpool slot* Definitely interested in more info...
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Adammair

I will keep you all updated via this thread, so keep an eye on it. I have no definite timeframe or set plot except one revolving around Draven's looking out for Sara's safety, but Eranil and I are working on something to keep the X-Men fans happy, too. We're confident that it will not be your average, everyday story, but something special.

Eranil Morathim

I'm excited to see all the intrest in this game. We've been bouncing ideas off each other back and forth for a while and I'm confident this will be a blast.

PennyNarrows

Yes, keep the X-men fans happy too, I am equally into both of these! Used to get the comics for years. :)

Jag

I've decided, if it's an option, I want to be Marrow or an OC teleporter (not a Neyaphem though). If being a character not listed is an option, of course.

kckolbe

Will there be any type of system for this?  X-Men games tend to have a lot of combat, and even in games where there isn't much of it, balance tends to be a big issue.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Eranil Morathim

We're still working everything out, but rest assured something will be put in place.

freakula86

Yeah you have my interest piqued thanks for the heads up Adammair, but I have question more less how about TaskMaster he was Deadpool's rival at one point in time. He is a villain I was just curious is all.

Adammair

Hmm...I've never heard of TaskMaster. I'll have to check Marvel's website for a description. I'll keep it in mind, thanks. We're really looking for the ones that are mentioned in the first post, at the moment. We're not ruling out others. In fact, we're discussing some additions, but the base ones required are stated in the OP.

Jag

Tony Masters (a.k.a. Taskmaster).

If we're going with characters from the OP...Beast. *nods* Beast most definitely.

freakula86

"I will try my hands at Wade Wilson a.k.a. Deadpool."

Adammair

We have 2 interested in Deadpool. I will send both of you a PM.

Bloodied Porcelain

Hrm... you have very few interesting female leads =/ Are we talking classic X-Men or one of the crappy new universes? >.> Also, I don't understand what you mean by the "extras" not interfering with the main storyline. So... they can post and be background "filler" but can't actively participate in the over all story much/ever? If that's the case, wouldn't it be better to open up a few more female lead roles so that those of us who can't/won't play men have something to play but can still get involved?
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Adammair

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 27, 2012, 07:51:24 PM
Hrm... you have very few interesting female leads =/ Are we talking classic X-Men or one of the crappy new universes? >.> Also, I don't understand what you mean by the "extras" not interfering with the main storyline. So... they can post and be background "filler" but can't actively participate in the over all story much/ever? If that's the case, wouldn't it be better to open up a few more female lead roles so that those of us who can't/won't play men have something to play but can still get involved?

We are seriously considering adding female characters to the story. There will likely be a spot for you. This is very much still in the planning stages, at this point in time, so rest assured, this will not be a "boys only - no girls allowed" club. *smiles warmly*

EDIT: To clear up confusion, please disregard my OP comment about the extras not interfering. That was a poor choice of wording, and very much came out wrong.

Adammair

Modified OP to reflect our need for extra characters, and to fill available slots.

Chartara

If you all would add Mystique in on the villians side, I'd be willing to play her  *grins*

Eranil Morathim

Well Chartara, you will be pleased to know that she is currently being discussed and is very likely to be included.

Chartara

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on July 28, 2012, 12:59:32 AM
Well Chartara, you will be pleased to know that she is currently being discussed and is very likely to be included.

discussed... as in someone else already requested her? or as in I may get the part? *giggles*  it's late here and I'm about brain dead, so I thought I'd ask to make sure *grins*

Eranil Morathim

As in she slipped my mind when we started talking about this so I brought her up later and now we're figuring how to work her in. which means you may get the part.

Chartara

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on July 28, 2012, 01:05:10 AM
As in she slipped my mind when we started talking about this so I brought her up later and now we're figuring how to work her in. which means you may get the part.

YAY!  *dances around* ok lemme know. I'll start doing my research now to refresh my mind *grins*