The Creeping Tide [DnD 3.5] Recruitment. Closed.

Started by SteelZephyr, June 24, 2013, 07:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Truhan

Quote from: Ershin on July 04, 2013, 03:34:07 AM
Damn, time slipped away on me.
I know the entries for characters ends on the 4th, but at any particular time? Like... exactly midnight on the 3rd or some time on the 4th itself?  Sheets are done, but the background I wrote out irked me a little so it needed to be changed. Just wondering if I should carry on to the last minute or if I've already run out of time.

I think that you should go ahead and post it

SteelZephyr

Quote from: Ershin on July 04, 2013, 03:34:07 AM
Damn, time slipped away on me.
I know the entries for characters ends on the 4th, but at any particular time? Like... exactly midnight on the 3rd or some time on the 4th itself?  Sheets are done, but the background I wrote out irked me a little so it needed to be changed. Just wondering if I should carry on to the last minute or if I've already run out of time.

Due by 12:01 AM of the 5th in my time zone (GMT -7). I probably won't be on then, but I'll be accepting sheets until then.

Siereis

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on July 04, 2013, 07:26:23 AM
Updated Character Post with pictures

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=177906.msg8503889#msg8503889

Oh...please share who the artist is.   Quite lovely images you picked.

nevermind..found the gallery

Ershin

So yes, apart from a little light shopping (minor items such as soap, tent, stuff like that) the sheets are both complete. Why sheets plural? Because I can't decide on a Pixie Warlock or Human Eldritch Disciple ("stand still, I'm going to hit you with my axe / 60 ft beam and heal you")

Mercy "Freddie" Freddreich
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12427

Mercy Freddreich was born int a large family in a small rural village on the outskirts of the fortress citadel of Arkham, one of many that supplied the city with grain, vegetables and meats that it required for day to day life. Her family at the time she was born consisted of her parents and two siblings her elders by four and six years, and in the years following her birth the family was joined by three more arrivals, all hands that could aid in tilling the earth and tending to livestock.

One still night in her ninth year, a fierce heat rushed through the countryside and a great tremor shook the earth, crushing trees and upsetting animals in their various barns and pens. When the folk that lived there went to investigate, it was as though a star, still red hot from entering the atmosphere, had fallen from the sky. It didn't take long for a team of scholars from the capital to be dispatched and investigate the meteor, but when they had arrived at the impact crater, the stone formation had cracked apart revealing a hollow interior, and all that lay inside was a shallow puddle of a viscous, oily liquid whose colour was hard to describe and hurt the eys to look at for any length of time. The group conducted their research on the stone, which Mercy observed with great interest, though couldn't quite comprehend the ins and outs of the various processes... though still offered to lift and carry things for them in an effort to be useful, as the thing had come down almot directly upon the Freddreich farmland.

Six months after the star had fallen and the scholars had subsequently abandoned the project after collecting samples of the oil, the harvest festival had begun and provided some strange entries - flora and fauna that had been grown or born from the time of the impact had grown astonishingly large, around twice or more the size they shoud normally be as though some outside force was willing them to grow beyond what they normally could, to spread themselves farther as though a minute bit of butter scraped over a slice of bread, which in turn reflected on their lifespan. Not a week after the festival had concluded did the harvest begin to rot in fields and barns, turning grey and crumbling to dust at a touch, as though whatever had caused the growth had decided to take the gift of life back tenfold, which also reflected in fauna and even some humans who lived nearby the crater, around which nothing had ever grown again in all the time since the meteor had fallen. Their chroma had been stripped as the plants, and each creature had to endure a long, agonising death as their bodies decayed and crumbled while still alive, until either they or their loved ones could stand it no more and simply... Stopped moving.

Curiously, Mercy's parents though they had spent the most time in the fields as whatever supposed poison had seeped into the earth and caused this calamity. One crisp night, similar to the one on which the star had originally fallen, Mercy heard her parents moaning. Not the type which had usually preceded a new member of the family nine months later, but more of a chant similar to those priests in the large halls had used whenever they visited Arkham to sell their crops. The girl crept from her bed and went downstairs, further still into the cellar, a more recent addition to the old family home which had been dug out and stabalised, but had never truely been completed with walls, so that earth and soil were always visible. And that's when she saw it for the first time, an abberant... THING the same colour as the oily liquid that had pooled inside that stone all that time ago, the colour that would now never leave the girl's mind even as she would enter into adulthood. She could hear its whispers in her head, that should its disciples give freely unto it the lives and souls of the pair's offspring, they would be granted existance eternal in its new world and rule over the dead lands as gods.
The creatures that stood before it, ones that Mercy once knew as her parents turned, their faces chalk white and crumbling, their only source of colour those horrible, red eyes. As they stpped forward... the girl fainted.

When she awoke a day or two later, she was in the chapel in the Red Hook district of Arkham. Rumors had reached the city of strange goings on in her village and a group of adventurers had been dispatched to investigate. They had been too late to arrive on the farm before the creature had begun feeding on her soul. When they managed to do away with it and its two wight servants, the little gap that had been left within Mercy had been filled with... well, colour. It took some time, but she was eventually deemed to be safe, should she stay within Red Hook to be trained by the priests and scholars who resided there. Though she wasn't nearly as smart as the other students there, she still studied hard and was eventually able to control the beast within her, and though devoted herself to no deity, continuously planned for any further incursions from the undead such as those monsters her parents had become, or those that could create them.

Which is where she is now, garbed in white and blue, wearing a pair of crystal horns atop her flaxen head to help her focus the fraction of the creature that resides within her into a beam or an axe, or forcing it to give life energy to others rather than take it. Yes, she was now in control of the last portion of the thing, and she could tell, with a wry grin on her face, that it hated every second of it.

Natalia Yggdrasil

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12426
(no picture, sorry. Couldn't find one good enough)
Six months ago, Natalia had been promoted to the rank of Yggdrasil amongst her people, one of those lucky enough to be called "world tree" in the defense of her people, her forest and her King. She and her kin lived in the frozen forest of Niflheim, far to the north, which the Jotun (the general name given to all the giant races such as the humans, ogres and halflings) called the Ashwood and served the mighty Winter King, who graced them with a land that many of the Jotun would rather not tread in, for it was simply too cold for them, leaving plenty of game such as winter hares and wolves for Natalia's people to feast upon.

As a member of the Yggdrasil, Natalia had made a bond with the Winter King, who would share a portion of his Will with her to better defend the lands, this taking the form of a great blast which issued forth from her mouth whenever she let loose a scream.

While the Niflheim is mostly free of giant folk, there are still some who would enter it, which is why the pixie (as people describe her) is so far south, on the trail of a Jotun who stole a treasure of her people, a shining orb belonging to her king, within which it snows eternal. Other members of the Yggdrasil were dispatched to locate the orb, but Natalia is sure that her path is the correct one, and that the globe of snow is within her grasp.

Prince Truhan

kckolbe

I think I like the pixie better.  Could probably be tied in through Chi or even my own character Torryx.  Both know about defending territory, and Torryx is out "hunting" as well.  Plus, there is a certain crude joy in having her hang out with a character whose penis is roughly the size of her body.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

SteelZephyr

Alright, I am now in deliberations for who will be in the campaign. I'm also working on writing up the first post for the IC thread and getting the OOC setup.

Ershin

Quote from: kckolbe on July 04, 2013, 09:00:53 PM
I think I like the pixie better.  Could probably be tied in through Chi or even my own character Torryx.  Both know about defending territory, and Torryx is out "hunting" as well.  Plus, there is a certain crude joy in having her hang out with a character whose penis is roughly the size of her body.
I was this close to giving her the Vow of Poverty feat for naked shenanigans to go along with the whole "just about the size of someone's penis" thing, but the Chasuble of Fell Power magic item was just too necessary, without it she'd only ever plink away with 1d6 damage, compared to an actual level 6 Warlock which would get like... 3d6 by that point. Not that damage is everything, but she has to be kind of useful.

kckolbe

I think the item you took was definitely worth it.  I agree that 1d6 damage at level 6 just isn't worth it, especially given how few health points your char has (by the way, we received max health if you didn't know).  At least her touch AC makes her damn hard to hit with ranged touch attacks, and she is fast enough to avoid melee types.  Archers are her only threat.

She's a fun character, and should be pretty useful after a few levels. 
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Ershin

Quote from: kckolbe on July 05, 2013, 04:16:59 PM
(by the way, we received max health if you didn't know).
I know, but since she's LA+4, she only has two hit dice to maximise. At least she has damage reduction... Though not greater invisibility, as I agreed with Zephyr that if she gets in (and that's a big if) it would be kind of... too powerful to have always on invisibility right away due to shenanigans. Plus touch attacks deny armour and natural armour, invisibility would deny dexterity. Unless something has AC from size or deflection, she'd hit on a 2+. Kind of boring to have near garaunteed attacks.

kckolbe

Well, I agree that greater invisibility is powerful.  Almost auto-hitting doesn't bother me, since she doesn't do much damage.  2d6+0 single target damage for an entire turn isn't much.  And when you add in her frailty, she needs to be accurate to be useful.

Intro Thread

SteelZephyr

Alright, I've decided and got the OOC setup. The IC will be up hopefully tomorrow. But as for now, I believe there's something else you're all interested in: who got in. Before I list them, I've got a few things to say. One, this was a hard choice. I spent a few hours on it. Two, I didn't consider just the sheet, but also the connections and how well they'd work in the world with the adventures I have planned. Three, if you didn't get in, I appologize. I set a maximum of 6 people in the campaign because that's how many I can manage. Any higher and things get too hard to maintain. So, without further ado, here are the characters who got in:

*dramatic pause*

Nys and Olivia Vendatti, Lesser Drow Transmuter and Familiar.
Torryx, Centaur Kundala
Alice "Ironsouled" Kalei, Human Paladin
Hart Miiri, Silverbrow Human Bard
Chi, NG Shifter Monk/Druid

And finally, the last one to get in is

*clears throat*

Mercy "Freddie" Frederich, Human Cleric/Warlock/Eldritch Disciple

For everyone, the OOC can be found here. Further instructions await you there. Good luck, you're going to need it  >:)

Dracorion

Aw, shucks. Good luck guys, have fun. And y'know, if a spot opens up feel free to ring me up.

Prince Truhan

indarkestknight

Congratulations to everyone who got in! Best of luck with the Succubus Queen! We're pulling for you!

EroticFantasyAuthor

Congratulations to those that got in! Please keep me in mind as a reserve slot character/player.  ;D

Videospirit

Hmm... I guess Torryx can be our trapfinder? "ONWARDS BRAVE WARRIOR, LET NOTHING SLOW YOU DOWN!"

eBadger

Gah!  It's good to have a responsible GM who knows their limits, but hard to lose any of you peeps.  I expect it must have been a damned hard choice; so many good characters, no auto-in's or out's. 

Look forward to seeing you guys in this game later, or in another!