News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest Check: Fairy Tail RP.

Started by Wolfy, December 29, 2010, 11:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HollowX

I concur, this seems quite interesting and could go a lot of different ways :)

I'm interested, assuming I can decide on a good character for it...

Ironwolf85

I got one, but have no idea what the anime is, could someone give me the title?
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Mhina

Fairy Tail, you can find it online pretty easy.

Patriarch

I might be interested, particularly as I've been thinking about it and come up with an idea for a character I'd love to play. His powers would be really... Unusual *laughs*.

What are you thinking for the character submission process?

DKDBSD

Quote from: Stairc on January 18, 2011, 08:50:16 AM
I might be interested, particularly as I've been thinking about it and come up with an idea for a character I'd love to play. His powers would be really... Unusual *laughs*.

What are you thinking for the character submission process?

If it's the same as his first attempt then it'd be the same kind of bio as what I've used.

Patriarch

Great. Think I should divide the powers into techniques and levels then? Or is a more general description a rounder idea?

DKDBSD

Quote from: Stairc on January 18, 2011, 10:05:22 AM
Great. Think I should divide the powers into techniques and levels then? Or is a more general description a rounder idea?

The levels was just how I did it really I did that because it easy to godmod in shounen fighting based rpies. I've learned to watch myself and thats how I was doing it for this. I just need to think of a fire magic I don't want to use the one that's used by that element 4 guy nor do I want to use the same kind of magic as Erza.

Mhina

Part of the problem with rping this type of material is that in most cases the power levels and abilities are very loosely defined, and tend to increase or decrease depending on the moment. Logic doesn't really factor into it, which is partly because the powers aren't actually that important a part of the story. Shounen manga tend to be more about character growth, and the main character(s) is going to win 99% of the time. That's probably why secondary characters are usually so popular since the author has a little more freedom in what they do.

My favorite abilities so far are probably Fried's and Wendy's since their powers are a bit better defined and work best when used as support measures or traps. Keeps them from doing stuff that's too ridiculous without being underpowered, which I think is neat.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Mhina on January 18, 2011, 10:15:22 AM
Part of the problem with rping this type of material is that in most cases the power levels and abilities are very loosely defined, and tend to increase or decrease depending on the moment. Logic doesn't really factor into it, which is partly because the powers aren't actually that important a part of the story. Shounen manga tend to be more about character growth, and the main character(s) is going to win 99% of the time. That's probably why secondary characters are usually so popular since the author has a little more freedom in what they do.

My favorite abilities so far are probably Fried's and Wendy's since their powers are a bit better defined and work best when used as support measures or traps. Keeps them from doing stuff that's too ridiculous without being underpowered, which I think is neat.

I would agree it's also good that she can use the breath attack as well. In the first attempt someone used the magic well like all the other dragon slayer magic.

Patriarch

*laughs* I bet. My own idea runs very far from dragonslayer type magic. I'm interested in the power to 'hack' reality - bending, twisting and reworking the laws of physics, probability and more. The trick is figuring out how to get it specific so that it has a specific scope of what it can do.

Oh, and from my own experience managing successful freeform RPs, I recommend deciding the outcome of a fight between two characters before hand. This can be done most any way, but most often it comes from agreement between the players for the purposes of the story and their characters' growth. If such contests are decided beforehand it gets rid of the urge to god mod, and ensures both players are writing toward the inevitable conclusion from the start. No hard feelings, no cheating, just amazing fights and a strong story.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Stairc on January 18, 2011, 10:43:26 AM
*laughs* I bet. My own idea runs very far from dragonslayer type magic. I'm interested in the power to 'hack' reality - bending, twisting and reworking the laws of physics, probability and more. The trick is figuring out how to get it specific so that it has a specific scope of what it can do.

Oh, and from my own experience managing successful freeform RPs, I recommend deciding the outcome of a fight between two characters before hand. This can be done most any way, but most often it comes from agreement between the players for the purposes of the story and their characters' growth. If such contests are decided beforehand it gets rid of the urge to god mod, and ensures both players are writing toward the inevitable conclusion from the start. No hard feelings, no cheating, just amazing fights and a strong story.

Yes but unfortunately that can't always happen which is a shame. I now have plot idea though I still can't think of magic name. *looks up the element four guy*

Patriarch

In the case of disagreements, it's far better to get them out of the way before the fight begins. If absolutely nothing can be settled, the fight's destined to be a disaster anyway. Best to settle it before hand, and if the players can't agree then the GM can step in and settle things fairly - either through a personal decision, a coin flip or some other method.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Stairc on January 18, 2011, 10:56:00 AM
In the case of disagreements, it's far better to get them out of the way before the fight begins. If absolutely nothing can be settled, the fight's destined to be a disaster anyway. Best to settle it before hand, and if the players can't agree then the GM can step in and settle things fairly - either through a personal decision, a coin flip or some other method.

True. I think I have an idea for fire magic that isn't too copying and allows me to use this characters original fighting style. Two of my most used characters have several anime based forms.

Patriarch

Interesting. Want to share? *smiles*

DKDBSD

Lets set up our characters so Wolfy knows how much support there is.

My original character Name: Tsukiya Kimiko
Magic: Ice Dragon Slayer (fake)
Spells:

Level 1 (She shall start with these)

Kooriryu no Tekken - Iron fist of the ice dragon: She covers her arms in a frozen mist that freezes as she strikes.
Kooriryu no Kagitsume - Claw of the Ice Dragon: The kick version.
Kooriryu no Houko - Ice dragons Roar: The breath attack they all have. Her breath is icy wind and incredibly sharp pieces of ice.
Kooriryu no kishou hyouga - Rising Glacier kick of the ice dragon: As Kimiko kicks (this would usually be done from the very low on the ground) a spiking tower of ice rises. At this point she can only get it as high as her feet can reach. I.E. if she does it doing a hand stand (last resort) she can achieve a maximum of 5'3)
Koorityu no shikkyaku hyouga - Descending Glacier kick: Descending spiking kick: (The opposite of Spiking kick. (might make this a level three ability)
Koorytyu no

Level 2

Kooriryu no rimen tonbogaeri Kagitsume (rimen tonbogaeri for short)  - Somersaulting ice dragon claw:Kimiko crouches then rises performing a somersault striking her opponent with a double ice dragon claw
Kooriryu no karatakewari* hane - Cleaving wings of the ice dragon: Kimiko creates icy blades on her arms. They look like axe heads.
(more to come if I think of any)

Level 3
Kooriryu no Toketsu Hara - Frozen field of the ice dragon: She uses her blizzard breath to create a field of ice, it is covered in towering spiky pillars made of pure ice. (I don't know how big to make it's maximum size
(More to come if I can think of any)

Appearance: (see the full Version here ( http://kuromu.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2br6tk ) She's 5'3.
Allegiance: Fairy Tail
Location of Guild Mark: Her left breast.
Other points: Kimiko has a fondness for extremes and is always willing to go to the coldest mountains for a natural hot spring. While there she'll generally indulge in icy treats such as crushed ice, parfaits, ice cream, sobe etc. In her youth she developed a love of dance this love of dance and music continues to inspire her.
Before Fairy Tail:
(blarg)

*I'm technically misusing this as it actually means to cleave in two. So it's close enough for me. XD

Name: Tsukiya Kain (Kimiko's twin brother
Magic: Fire shaping (Kind of a variation of construction magic)
Spells:

(These spells are in their basic form and won't be arranged at first.)

Ripple: Kain releases a fire that speeds across the ground and causes a fierce rippling affect. At it's strongest it will dig into the ground this is one of his fastest spells.

Cannon ball: Kain creates a ball of fire that acts like a cannon.

Cannon ball: Rapid volley The same but smaller and faster

Mega Cannon Ball: A much bigger cannon ball that causes a wider range of description it is quite a bit slow as a result.

(Still thinking of a name for these) His other techniques include the creation of a pair of cats made from fire, a tiger, a dragon (second strongest spell) and a Phoenix (strongest spell)

I'm also pondering how to give him his standard sword.

Appearance: Kain is a taller then his sister standing at 5'7 he has a toned build, long dark blue hair that reaches past his shoulder, a triangular goatee and a vertical scar over his left eye.
Allegiance: Fairy Tail
Location of Guild Mark: On his back at the upper right corner.
Before: (insert guild name)

(The following paragraph applies to both of them as they are twins. They shall then have a single paragraph detailing how they specifically entered Fairy Tail.)

The Tsukiya were born to a mage known only as Necrom (nick named) and a dance hall girl who they never actually met. The pair were raised around their fathers guild mates in the guild (Angel Wing), here they learned what it was to be a mage from an early age. The older of the twins Kain proved to be natural with magic and though he preferred to fight with sword or fists he was soon going out on missions with some of his fathers comrades.  Kimiko on the other hand while still inheriting her families innate power showed very little desire to be a mage, shortly before she turned eight her father inserted Lacrima into her body making Kimiko into a "New generation dragon slayer."

Name:
Spells:
Appearance:
Allegiance: (Doesn't have to be Fairy Tail if you don't want it to be.)
Location of Guild Mark:
Before (insert guild name)

DKDBSD

Quote from: Stairc on January 18, 2011, 11:25:49 AM
Interesting. Want to share? *smiles*

Wait and see dude there's a copy of the character bio Ican't find the original rp. :/

Patriarch

*laughs* If you insist.

Not sure I'd want to write a character as a part of the Fairy Tail guild though. Might be interesting to set him as something else.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Stairc on January 18, 2011, 11:45:12 AM
*laughs* If you insist.

Not sure I'd want to write a character as a part of the Fairy Tail guild though. Might be interesting to set him as something else.

Lol fair enough I've sorted mine out still trying to figure out how to finish it.

HollowX

Quote from: Stairc on January 18, 2011, 10:43:26 AM

I definitely like this idea a lot, I've had a lot of problems with this type of thing before in other games and this is an idea I've never though of doing before :)

Patriarch

Thanks! It's worked out well for me so far.  ;D

pimpdan

I'm interested if this is still open?

DKDBSD

Hopefully soon it will be with all this interest.

pimpdan

awesome, presumably it will be fairy tail and a dark guild?

DKDBSD

Quote from: pimpdan on January 18, 2011, 04:50:25 PM
awesome, presumably it will be fairy tail and a dark guild?

I can't speak for Wolfy (I can guess) but I think it's a case of characters from different guilds. There would be dark guilds (in fact I plan to make Angel wing a dark guild. XD) I assume.

Mhina

Sort of like the light alliance against Oracion Seis? Or something else?