WrestleManiaXXVIII- Can you smell what's cooking?!

Started by The Golden Touch, April 03, 2011, 06:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

Whoever they pick to beat undertaker at wrestlemania HAS to be the next big thing. HHH does not need it, hell he practically owns the damn company.

Wyrd

Quote from: The Golden Touch on April 03, 2011, 06:47:35 PM
Yes, this is a WrestleMania chatter thread.  I am currently watching which is awesome.

So... As you probably figured out, The Rock is back.  It took twelve minutes or more for him to enter and rile up the crowd.

First match:  Rio v. Edge.

Winner? Edge. It was a brutal match, which ended in awesomeness. Christian and Edge took a tire iron and a crowbar to Rio's Rolls Royce. Not to be fucked with! <3

Second match: Mysterio v. Cody Rhodes

Surprise, surprise... Mysterio is dressed as Captain America. The correlation is not lost on me. <3 for Marvel references.

Wait, wait, wait! So what Ive heard is true!? Edge and Christian are a team again? They're the reason I got into to watching wrestling. Nowadays, I'd say Edge is the most entertaining out of pretty much every one in the WWE   
Ragtime Dandies!

The Golden Touch

Agreed. Though Triple H has started a weird The Rock run with starting his movie career. Honestly, Undertaker may retire soon...

Quote from: Wyrd on April 03, 2011, 07:56:41 PM
Wait, wait, wait! So what Ive heard is true!? Edge and Christian are a team again? They're the reason I got into to watching wrestling. Nowadays, I'd say Edge is the most entertaining out of pretty much every one in the WWE   

I am not sure of the particulars of Christian and Edge being on a team together... But they appeared in the match together. Christian didn't fight obviously, but seems to be true.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

consortium11

HHH's also getting close to retirement himself... he barely has a year or two left in him.

Either let it go undefeated or give it someone who's just about a main event level... as long as you keep the push going.

So far Cole/Lawler is the best match of the card.

consortium11

Quote from: Wyrd on April 03, 2011, 07:56:41 PM

Really? I generally like Edge but his face run since his return has been pretty average. As a heel he's great either as the full on "Ultimate Opportunist/Rated R superstar" or his back in the day Edge, Christian, Angle and Rhyno goofy heel but I just don't like him as a face.

The Golden Touch

I'm enjoying it honestly. Cole is dressed in a reminiscent orange jumpsuit that looks like a throwback to a high school wrestling team outfit... Complete with headgear.

EDIT:  That said... Besides the embarrassing outfit Cole has himself dressed in, the announcers have been more entertaining than the match thus far.

Wyrd

Quote from: consortium11 on April 03, 2011, 08:00:31 PM
Really? I generally like Edge but his face run since his return has been pretty average. As a heel he's great either as the full on "Ultimate Opportunist/Rated R superstar" or his back in the day Edge, Christian, Angle and Rhyno goofy heel but I just don't like him as a face.

I agree. I have very fond memories of The Edge and Angle rivalry. *Sigh...* I miss those days.
Ragtime Dandies!

The Golden Touch

Fourth Match:
Michael Cole v. Jerry 'The King' Lawler

Guest Ref: Stone Cold Steve Austin

Winner: Jerry 'The King' Lawler

So pretty much, having Austin back with a grin was the best part aside from the eye sore of an orange jumpsuit on Cole. Booker 'T' is in the ring breakdancing. Since he and Austin are the hosts of 'Tough Enough' its nice to see them together... Even though... Surprise, Austin just Stunned Booker. Lawl.  Saw that coming. 

MOAR BEER!  Seriously. ^ ^;;;

The Golden Touch

I am beginning to hate that stupid dinger... A claim of ref interfering disqualifies Lawler and gives the win to Cole.  Damn it... So now, The King has just pulled the announcer into the ring and another stunner from Austin to the announcer.

Retraction...

Fourth Match...

Jerry 'The King' Lawler disqualified as winner.

Winner:  Michael Cole

consortium11

Best match of the night so far... went about 4 minutes too long and suffered from the WWE Piledriver ban but otherwise near perfect. Ray/Rhodes was good but this was just better...

Quite sad to say that isn't it?

The aftermatch shenanigans killed the heat but I guess they keep the angle sort of going.

The Golden Touch

If it has stalled at Austin Stunning Booker... I'd have been happy. Grrr, damn anonymous bastard. ><;;

consortium11

It's a bit like Hart/Vince where all we really needed was an entrance, a punch and a sharpshooter and instead we got a whole (terrible) match. In this we needed the opening, Swagger/Cole heel tactics, a stunner on Swagger, King to get the pin, drink beers... yet they dragged it out.

I do like the fact that they've virtually ignored HHH's previous Wrestlemania match with Taker... with one of the most comical bumps in WWF/E history as the finish.

The Golden Touch

Fifth Match
Triple H v. Undertaker
No Holds Barred Match

Winner To Be Announced

consortium11

One thing WWE does do well... and should do more of... is the big entrances.

I still miss Christian's opera/curtain of fire one when he first split with Edge...

consortium11

Saying that... and despite the fact I love the Cash song... if this is Taker's last WM match I do miss the classic full on druid entrance.

Geeklet

Quote from: The Golden Touch on April 03, 2011, 08:15:05 PM
I am beginning to hate that stupid dinger...

Any bets that Cole himself is in fact the anonymous Raw GM?

consortium11

Any time the SAT is highlighted early in a show I think someone's going through it...

The Golden Touch

Not through it, but yay for Cole's box being taken out.

Quote from: Geeklet on April 03, 2011, 08:34:03 PM
Any bets that Cole himself is in fact the anonymous Raw GM?

Would not really doubt it, honestly. ><;;;

consortium11

Throwing someone into the hoardings so hard it reveals the padding is up there with the camera botches from their first WM bout.

The Golden Touch

Shows always have flaws and good moments. ^ ^;; We'll agree to disagree.

consortium11

Told you :)

Telegraphed but nice spot regardless.

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Fifth Match
Triple H v. Undertaker
No Holds Barred Match

Winner: The Undertaker

I have to say, big entrances are awesome for these two. Good music choices, costume, effects. Its all impressive. And Undertaker doing the eye thing, still awesome no matter how old I get. These are two superstars, regardless of win-loss streak. With no holds barred, there will be no count outs or disqualifications. They can go anywhere, do what they want... Only submission or pinfall can end this. Whoo... Here we go with the announcers table. Instead Triple H just shoulder rushed Undertaker right into Cole's box. And Undertaker with a failed Old School, thrown on his ass by Triple H.
The Counters in this match are heavy hitters. From standing on the announcer's table to being tossed by Undertaker to the mat. Triple H is definitely in trouble.  That ain't a thick mat, and they're hard as rock. They're both flagging, and I don't know how much longer this can go on. After a few failed attempts... Taker's flying leap into Triple H, and then Triple H putting Taker through the announcer's table look very painful.
No match is complete without brutality attempted with a chair. Boot to face from Taker to Triple H.
Last Rites and inches from winner. Mother f-er. And again with a Tombstone Pildriver... Still no win. Draggin' it out, but by far the best match. Cole v. Lawler was a funny match, but entertainment value goes to Taker v. Triple H.

consortium11

Decent match. Tried a little too hard to be like the Michael's matches and "epic" but good none-the-less. I preferred their first WM match but at that time they were both basically in their prime as being near retirement so it's understandable why there was a lot of rest periods in this one.

The Golden Touch

I don't think anyone could go without rest periods after being tossed around like a rag doll.