A new Pathfinder game (D&D 3.75)

Started by Brandon, August 20, 2009, 12:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indarkestknight

Or in this case, arcane bond in general. I'd definitely be willing to make that trade.

I'm actually kind of curious about Knowledge (tactics) from d20 Modern and whether he'd allow that...

Bayushi

Name: Nialyssa
Sex: Female
Race: Gnome
Class: Cleric 1
Deity: Shelyn
Alignment: Neutral Good

STR5-3
DEX10+0
CON12+1
INT15+2
WIS16+3
CHA18+4

HP: 9/9
Init: +0
Speed: 20'

Armor Class:
Final=Base+Armor+Shield+Dex+Magic+Other
14=10+4+0+0+0+0
-Flat 14
-Touch 10

SaveTotal=Base+Stat+Magic+Other
FORT3=2+1+0+0
REF0=0+0+0+0
WILL5=2+3+0+0

BAB: +0
-Melee -3
-Range +0

FEATS & SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Weapon and Armor ProficiencyClerics are proficient with all simple weapons, with all types of armor, and

with shields (except tower shields). Clerics are also proficient with the favored weapon of their deities.

Aura[Ex]A cleric of a chaotic, evil, good, or lawful deity has a particularly powerful aura corresponding to

the deity’s alignment (see the detect evil spell for details).

DomainsGood, Granted Power:
Protection, Granted Power:

Orisons[Sp]Clerics can prepare a number of orisons, or 0-level spells, each day. They can cast these spells at

will as a spell-like ability. The number of orisons a cleric can prepare each day is noted in Table 4–5 under “Spells per day.”

Orisons are treated like any other spell cast by the cleric in terms of duration and other variables based on level. Orisons

cannot be channeled through spontaneous casting.
Spontaneous CastingA good cleric (or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into

healing spells that she did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can “lose” any prepared spell that is not an orison in order
to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with “cure” in its name).

Extra TurningYou can channel positive or negative energy more times per day than most. Prerequisite: Ability to

channel energy. Benefit: You can channel energy two additional times per day.

SKILLS:
Skill Skill Mod Ability Mod Ranks Other
Appraise220
Craft(Potion)5212
Diplomacy440
Heal431
Knowledge: Arcana220
Knowledge: History220
Knowledge: Nobility220
Knowledge: Religion321
Knowledge: The Planes220
Linguistics202
Profession(Alchemist)330
Sense Motive330
Spellcraft945

SPELLS:
Spell LevelSpells per Day

Equipment:
ItemLocationWeight
Chain ShirtWorn12 lbs
Light MaceBelt2 lbs

indarkestknight

You look like you're two points short, Akiko. I'm getting...

Base Str 7 (-4), Base Dex 10 (0), Base Con 10 (0), Base Int 15 (7), Base Wis 16 (10), Base Cha 16 (10), giving you a total of a 23 point buy.

Lunaris

The Maenad Monk I intended to go with is a no-go due to her race veering too far from the Core. And... knowing me, any other level one character I dream up will likely have the same issues as I have a tendency to go for the exotic, so I guess that puts me out and leaves that magic cast number of 7 PCs. I'll be reading from the sidelines as it sounds like this game could have a fun story... So...have fun, everyone!  ;D

Brandon

Its a shame to loose you but thems the breaks. Ill be happy to have you lurking though. So I think I'm going to change that starting story a bit, you'll still be private agents but I have something much more maddening and horrific in mind then my original initial story idea. What is it? well Ill still bring you together in the same way but Ill have you investigate something else, as for the rest you'll just have to wait and see  >:)

So I think Ill make final choices on Wednesday. That means everyone has till tuesday night at Midnight to get character concepts in. Again to reiterate mechanics are not needed at this time, even though a lot of you have done them.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

RubySlippers

I went different with my bard with the GM ok in she is a Puppeteer and Storyteller (oratory) I figure with the right cantrips and a flair for it she can make a nice living.

And I intend to take Craft Wonderous Item no use being a Master Puppeteer without magic Mage Hand empowered puppets to use.

Plus its a nice way to perform children adore puppets and its something a bard would not normally take.

BlueMary

Character name: Ashley
Character Age: 21
Character Race: Human
Character Alignment: Chaotic good
Character class: Ranger
Character Role: Nature's guide

Character description: Ash stands at a modest height of 5'6" and as a general rule has her oddly burgundy hair up in a messy ponytail, or underneath her cloak.  Her trim figure smacks of her archer profession with deft fingers, swift legs and keen eyes.  She is a bit too toned to be considered properly curved as a less physical woman would be.  Her armor is more often than not a lighter variety as anything further would impede her acrobatics.  Along the front of her throat is a jagged scar that mars her otherwise more or less smooth skin and though a few others dot her body, this one stands out as a wound one generally doesn't survive from.  Dark blue eyes constantly watch for potential danger behind a smile that ranges from warm to sad, but rarely leaves her lips to give her a sort of melancholy aura combating her natural stoicism.

Character Personality: Ash is a fiercely protective guardian of herself and those very few she deems friends.  Though she remains distant, she wears an odd, sad sort of smile that seems to rarely leave her lips.  Talking is difficult with the scar as her voice can quickly become raspy and strained, so she generally stays with simple gestures or hand sign to those that know it.  As such, she can be perceived as shy which would not be far from the truth, though for reasons of a lack of effective communication rather than an unwillingness to meet new people.

Character Background: Life was hard, but rewarding, for Ash and her family.  Growing up near the Swamplands had its advantages, such as a more or less ready supply of rain.  With it came the dangers of creatures and things that muck about in the murky depths of the swamps.  As stated, life was hard, but rewarding.  Ash had a loving family; a father who was a skilled farmer as well as a swordsman, a mother whose archery was hard to match, and two brothers who were endearingly overprotective of their little sister.  Even more there was a town less than five miles away, so help was always readily available.  But even still, such measures are sometimes for naught. 

An upstart sorcerer had gathered many of the swamps' native inhabitants to arms against the nearby human town, with a hopeful tyrant having their dreams of grandeur in carving out a little kingdom of their own.  The attack happened swiftly.  Far too swiftly for one of the swampfolks' simple raids.  She was in town when the first shouts of an attack came, followed by thick clouds of smoke in the distance in the direction of home.  Without a second thought she dropped her bag of supplies and sprinted off to home.  The moment she stepped over the crest of a hill, a stray arrow caught her in the throat and sent her to what would have been her death had some escaping farmer hadn't dragged her back to town where a proper defense could be mounted.

A week later, the girl awoke with a ragged scream that nearly rent her throat again.  A woman who knew Ash had sat by her in her recovery and did her best to calm the poor girl, and finally did manage to get her to stop trying to fall out of bed.  The woman tried to tell her that going home would be useless, but in much kinder words with a soothing motherly tone to them.  The words sounded muffled in her as ears the woman spoke of her dead family.  Their bravery before they died meant nothing at the moment, only that she had no home to go back to.  Ashley tried to move on, staying in the village to do odds and ends here and there for money, though she was never short of a spare bed offered by kind neighbors.  Still...time never was an expedient healer, and with the slightest of whispers that the person who started the little rebellion arose, the villagers woke to find the girl missing, with merely a note  with "Goodbye" written on it and left on her final pillow.

She walked for a time, though how much of it mattered little.  She had a tiniest hope of vengeance, and damn the gods if she couldn't have this shred of closure.  Her parents' teachings served her well as she moved through the roads, protecting herself and the occasional other who happened across trouble.  Recently, she had taken out a small group of bandits who had been pestering traveling merchants leaving and entering Arlia, and is now staying in the inn for the time being.

Character goals:
-Kill whoever happened to be involved with her family's death.
-Become skilled enough so that if the day does happen where her revenge is to be dealt, she can do it well.
-Serve the memory of her parents' well, helping those who have need.

(I like this one better. >> )

Callie Del Noire

Paladin

Umm crap. I didn't realize the deadline was tonight. I have been moving into my new apt for the past 2 days and just got most stuff unpacked. I haven't had time to think about anything else. Any chance I could get a small extension of 2 days considering the situation? I could have the character done by Thursday night. Right now I'm very exhausted and darn sore from all the moving. I guess if I can't get an extension then I can't play cause right now I'm braindead and theres no way I will get anything done by tonight.

Bayushi

Quote from: Glabrezubane on August 22, 2009, 06:35:43 PMYou look like you're two points short, Akiko. I'm getting...

Base Str 7 (-4), Base Dex 10 (0), Base Con 10 (0), Base Int 15 (7), Base Wis 16 (10), Base Cha 16 (10), giving you a total of a 23 point buy.

Thanks for the notice! Corrected version below(as I cannot edit posts on castrated status). Using both points to upgrade Constitution to a base 12, modified by race to 14. Which is an additional +1 modifier, which REALLY helps with the Fortitude saves.

Name: Nialyssa
Sex: Female
Race: Gnome
Class: Cleric 1
Deity: Shelyn
Alignment: Neutral Good

STR5-3
DEX10+0
CON14+2
INT15+2
WIS16+3
CHA18+4

HP: 10/10
Init: +0
Speed: 20'

Armor Class:
Final=Base+Armor+Shield+Dex+Magic+Other
14=10+4+0+0+0+0
-Flat 14
-Touch 10

SaveTotal=Base+Stat+Magic+Other
FORT4=2+2+0+0
REF0=0+0+0+0
WILL5=2+3+0+0

BAB: +0
-Melee -3
-Range +0

FEATS & SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Weapon and Armor ProficiencyClerics are proficient with all simple weapons, with all types of armor, and

with shields (except tower shields). Clerics are also proficient with the favored weapon of their deities.

Aura[Ex]A cleric of a chaotic, evil, good, or lawful deity has a particularly powerful aura corresponding to

the deity’s alignment (see the detect evil spell for details).

DomainsGood, Granted Power:
Protection, Granted Power:

Orisons[Sp]Clerics can prepare a number of orisons, or 0-level spells, each day. They can cast these spells at

will as a spell-like ability. The number of orisons a cleric can prepare each day is noted in Table 4–5 under “Spells per day.”

Orisons are treated like any other spell cast by the cleric in terms of duration and other variables based on level. Orisons

cannot be channeled through spontaneous casting.
Spontaneous CastingA good cleric (or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into

healing spells that she did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can “lose” any prepared spell that is not an orison in order
to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with “cure” in its name).

Extra TurningYou can channel positive or negative energy more times per day than most. Prerequisite: Ability to

channel energy. Benefit: You can channel energy two additional times per day.

SKILLS:
Skill Skill Mod Ability Mod Ranks Other
Appraise220
Craft(Potion)5212
Diplomacy440
Heal431
Knowledge: Arcana220
Knowledge: History220
Knowledge: Nobility220
Knowledge: Religion321
Knowledge: The Planes220
Linguistics202
Profession(Alchemist)330
Sense Motive330
Spellcraft945

SPELLS:
Spell LevelSpells per Day

Equipment:
ItemLocationWeight
Chain ShirtWorn12 lbs
Light MaceBelt2 lbs

Brandon

Quote from: Paladin on August 25, 2009, 02:43:07 PM
Umm crap. I didn't realize the deadline was tonight. I have been moving into my new apt for the past 2 days and just got most stuff unpacked. I haven't had time to think about anything else. Any chance I could get a small extension of 2 days considering the situation? I could have the character done by Thursday night. Right now I'm very exhausted and darn sore from all the moving. I guess if I can't get an extension then I can't play cause right now I'm braindead and theres no way I will get anything done by tonight.

Try to get your concept done tonight Paladin. If you cant then I might be persuaded since your the only one to have applied as a front line fighter
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Brandon on August 25, 2009, 09:10:14 PM
Try to get your concept done tonight Paladin. If you cant then I might be persuaded since your the only one to have applied as a front line fighter

That is fun about the back ground I made up.. I can shift things around. :D

Faeylin

Hi there. I'm slightly new to El and catching this on the tail end of things. Any chance that I might be able to slip into the story? I don't have the books, and haven't really read them thoroughly, but I'm familiar with D&D up to 3.5. I can look for an on-line source to get started. I'm also willing to play needed roles (did I hear something about needing front-line types?)

I'd be most into something kind of rogue-ish. Please let me know if I'm still welcome, and I'll put some work into this. I don't mind slipping into the group a short bit into the story, so you guys can get started.

*crosses her fingers and hopes for leniency*

Edit: Okay, after reading the rest of the thread, it seem s like the group is already way full. I'll leave the game to people more versed in the rules! Thanks anyway, and good luck guys!
"Come into my parlor," said the spider, ever sly.
"I have these sexy, long legs, and I'd love to suck you dry!"

Ons & Offs - My Idea Thread [F/F]

Paladin

Ok I got it done.

Character name: Andreas Whitefire
Character Age: 20-25
Character Race: Human
Character Alignment: Lawful Good. (Not Lawful Stupid)
Character class: Paladin
Character Role: Frontline Fighter

Character description:

He’s tall with Platinum blue hair and Green Eyes and a Fairly Pale Complexion.

Character Personality: Andreas is a person who runs on Instinct and Faith. He’s a calm quiet fellow and seems withdrawn but eventually is open and honest with his friends and those he trusts, or who will open up to him.  He’s not afraid to say what is on his mind about any particular situation and is Loyal to a fault with those he cares about.

Character Background: Orphaned at birth Andreas was adopted by a loving and caring family who had a young girl. Growing up together the two bonded and were inseparable as friends. At the age of thirteen Andreas was attacked by a creature that no one could identify and was saved by a man in shining armor on horseback who carried a great shining blade. The man took Andreas to the Towns church where he healed his wounds. From that moment on Andreas knew he wanted to be like that man. The man came to town on a monthly basis and visited with the boy teaching him all he knew until Andreas was old enough to go into training on his own. Through this time his constant support was his Adoptive sister. Over the years though they grew apart until she finally was married off to a prince in a foreign land and Andreas rarely heard from her except twice a year through letters. Andreas completed his training at the age of 19 and rode off with his mentor to rid the world of Evil and help those in need. Every few months he would come back through the town to see his adoptive parents. On his last visit the news his parents had was devastating. His sister had been abducted by a Demon and her Husband slain. Andreas calmly walked out of the house, mounted his horse and Rode off to his sister’s castle to start his search for his sister. He’s been searching since.

Character goals:  To Help those in need, and to recover his sister and bring her home safe.

RubySlippers

Just a heads up I'm NOT taking pm's here so any talk will have to be done in game based threads.

indarkestknight

RubySlippers, Akiko? I noticed your skills are off. You're only able to have as many ranks in a skill as you have levels (1 rank at 1st, 20 ranks at 20th), but you get a +3 bonus to all class skills, and cross-class skills now cost 1-for-1, just like class skills.

Also, RubySlippers, I might recommend you ask Brandon about taking Versatile Performer from Complete Adventurer, since it lets you use your ranks in one Perform skill for several other Perform skills.

Sorry for not catching this earlier.

Paladin

I do have a question. is certain things from Book of Exalted Deeds Legal to use? I mean Feats and some items?

Bayushi

Quote from: Glabrezubane on August 26, 2009, 04:53:08 PMRubySlippers, Akiko? I noticed your skills are off. You're only able to have as many ranks in a skill as you have levels (1 rank at 1st, 20 ranks at 20th), but you get a +3 bonus to all class skills, and cross-class skills now cost 1-for-1, just like class skills.

Wha? Is this some kinda Pathfinder thing? As I never saw this in 3.x.

RubySlippers

Yes I'm making adjustments now in my character.

RubySlippers

Oh I have a question do you need a seperate skill for instruments a dancer would be trained to use such as castanets, tamborines and bells worn if they are not used for the relevant bard skill (countersong). Kind of a biggy I will need a skill for those if not.

Brandon

Instruments are grouped by the type of instrument they represent. So A lute and Mandolin would both be stringed instruments. I think its fine to group items used by other perfomances

Book of exalted deeds is also fine (it happens to be my favorite book)

Ill be making choices today so please hold off on the questions till I post whos in and who isnt

RubySlippers

It makes sense to me to after all there are only a few dancers instruments anyway I just don't like having to use to many skills for performing at 1st level. So if I can assume she can use them for assisting that performance then thats good.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Akiko on August 26, 2009, 05:05:33 PM
Wha? Is this some kinda Pathfinder thing? As I never saw this in 3.x.

Pathfinder. In the long term, it makes cross-class skills much stronger, and skill points in general a lot easier to keep track of, especially for multi-class characters.

Brandon

Alright, the approved players/characters follow

Frontline fighter: Paladin (Andreas Whitefire)
Wilderness expert: BlueMary (Ashley)
Divine spellcaster: Akiko (Nialyssa)
Arcane Spellcaster: Glabrezubane (Elric Athenis)
Wild Card: Rubyslippers (Miriam, The Jewel of Arlia)

Congratulations. I will be putting up the game threads sometime tonight and will post a link here.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Brandon on August 26, 2009, 07:55:38 PM
Alright, the approved players/characters follow

Frontline fighter: Paladin (Andreas Whitefire)
Wilderness expert: BlueMary (Ashley)
Divine spellcaster: Akiko (Nialyssa)
Arcane Spellcaster: Glabrezubane (Elric Athenis)
Wild Card: Rubyslippers (Miriam, The Jewel of Arlia)

Congratulations. I will be putting up the game threads sometime tonight and will post a link here.

Congrats guys.. and have fun!