The Walking Dead [Interest check, EXTREME Zombie apocalipse Need Male Chars]

Started by Bloody Rose, October 26, 2011, 11:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloody Rose

For those of you who haven't seen this series I strongly suggest it, the walking dead it's not like Resident Evil where every hero it's a soldier or whatever. In here we have regular humans, fathers, mothers, people with defects basically everything you will need. I think this rp can be easily be made into a huge group rp with the correct GM. I am looking forward to gming this however I would need some help. I have a feeling this will bring a lot of attention and I need someone who can post well and be active to help me with running the game.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123036.0#new  -Character thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123037.0#new -OOC Thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123038.0#new -Ic thread

AndyZ

I'd be quite interested in playing in a zombie apocalypse, but I never watched The Walking Dead past the first episode.  I'm inherently familiar with all sorts of zombie stuff, however.  (I'm from near Pittsburgh, after all.)  Do we need to be familiar with the series, or just familiar with zombies?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Kristine

I have seen first season, and wait for the second eagerly.
Though good shows tend to be shut down to low ratings lately... :\

I'd be interested in playing this as well

playfullchick76

I did watch part of the pilot episode while I was holidaying in Auckland, and loved it. When it comes out here, Im buying it. I would be interested in being a part of this.

AndyZ

I'm playing with the idea of a character who's having an excessively difficult time in the post-apocalyptic life.  On top of the horrendous grief that she's been through, she's schizophrenic and prone to terrifying hallucinations unless she can get her medication, which is quickly running out.  She won't be completely incompetent, but definitely prone to causing all sorts of problems if people can't help her deal.

I'm not really sure if this is what folks are looking for, but this is the sort of feel that I got from the show, and it's not my usual type of character so it could be interesting to play.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Kristine

AndyZ

DudelRok

I will watch this thread and see how it develops. Really liked Season One of The Walking Dead and I'm currently recording Season Two to watch in a large chunk sometime later. (Ya know, fitting TV to me, not fitting to TV.)

Little weary of what might come of this, but interested.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

playfullchick76

I have both seasons of Survivors, very good series. Cant wait for the third series.

Bloody Rose

Ok guys and gurls here is the Jizz about this

Zombies
1- They have limited sight, most zombies are not capable of sight because of wounds
2- They have a very strong and developed sense of smell, if they smell a living they will pursue it
3- Some of them can even attempt to turn the handle of a door, however since they aren't much smarter than that they won't do anything more.
4- Typical shot to the head of decapitation will take care of them.
5- They can walk for weeks and even years without feeding, however the longer they go without feeding the more dangerous they are.
6- We will start a month after the zombie invasion started, that means the government had done anything on their power to end this however they could not do much. Piles of dead bodies are all over the floor in some places where government are expected. Think of, CDC the military base and places like that.
7- Because they are on the floor that does not mean they are fully dead, remember that.

Story:
1- As I told you, this will take place a month after the zombie outbreak.
2- This will start in a small town in the outskirts of New York City, a made up town called 'New Haven'.
3- The town it's very small and it's a town where everybody knows everybody.
4- It has a sheriff station with weapons
5- It has a small hospital
6- It has a School (Elementary, Middle and High school all in the same building so it is very big building).
7- It has various communities of houses and a area only for rich people.
8- It also has a nudist community (not like it matters much I though you should know just in case)
9- It takes about two hours to get to NYC in car.

I dont want everybody to be a gun expert guy, people I do want VARIETY please post some characters that are medics, know how to cook, any skills that can help in the zombie uprising, if you see the series you know what I'm talking about.

[float=right][img]Postyourimagelinkhere[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b] (As I told you, not everybody will be a gun expert)
[b]Inventory[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b] (if you want a npc as a family member? you want a dog? let me know what you want for your character so I can make it happen. So for example if you want a son or daughter let me know and I will make him or her, of course with Elly rules)

Venom09

Name: Alastair Misazuki
Skills:

*Shooting
*Hand to hand combat
*Therapy(even with the slightly bad attitude she is good at trying to calm people down)

Inventory

*two mamba pistols
*3 boxe's of amo
*clothes
*Little this and that items in a bag
*Picture albums of her, her daughter, her sister and her family when growing up.
*green 2009 ford focus

Personality:

Alastair is someone who seems on the outside to most people to be a hard core no nonesense kind of woman. Though she plays that off to keep most of the people she know's in line and the factor of her being a local cop before the zombie infestation. On the inside of it all Alastair is quite the family woman and delves to keep people happy and be able to understand sometimes either why they do what they do or to help calm them down.

Bio:

Growing up Alastair was the mix between a tomboy and a overly protective mother. She always loved to play around in the mud with the guy's, but she was also quite protective and adoring as well. As she grew older she started to delve herself deep into how she saw society. It was never in that good of a condition, thus she put herself through school to become someone who could help fix it. When she graduated College Alastair became a cop for her town where she met and fell in love with one of her co-workers. A year later they had a little girl who is now the pride and joy of Alastair's life, however, her romantic fantasy went down the toilet once she was pregnant and the man transfered to another station claiming he wasn't ready for a family.

Alastair began to work night shifts and take care of her little girl during the day whilest taking cat naps with the help of her sister. When the apocalypse hit Alastair quickly went to pick up her sister and daughter to get away from the situation and hopefully to a safer location. When she returned home however she found her sister and daughter dead. It took forever to calm herself down, but after Alastair did she quickly packed up some items and left. They are now at this time on the road alone... looking for anyone that has survived.

Other:

Alastair has a husky dog named Jake who she found during her travels.

Bloody Rose

Venom, the only problem I see with your character its your son, due to elly rules a child cannot be placed in a rp. Your kid has to be 16 years or older.

GnothiSeauton- I see your char has a gun but I think she does not know how to use it well right? I think she would be a good medic for the group, accepted.

Venom09

crud... that's right... i was thinking alone the plot lines of the actual story... sorry lol

and changed :)

fancyfictions

Sounds pretty interesting. I'm a big fan of the show (for the TV fanatics the show has been picked up for Season 3!). I'll keep an eye on the posts, if it looks like there are too many female characters out there, I was thinking of possibly a female Glenn type, I could make a male based on the same concept.
Fancy's Fancies|

“Fiction is life with the dull bits left out”- Clive James

Bloody Rose

Other:

Alastair has a four year old daughter named Jalissa and a husky dog named Jake who her and her daughter found through out their travels.

I still see it the same....

Fancy- You are welcomed to do anything you wish, if anything I will make npcs to even the ratio of man and woman a bit so you don't have to worry. Just do what you can enjoy ^^

DudelRok

Well I do have a male character in concept, but I'm not a fan of using images for my characters. Proper description, cool?

I AM THE RETURN!

Bloody Rose

I guess a description would be okay I prefer images though but a description its fine.

DudelRok

Name: Danial "Twirdy" Quirk

Skills

• Cooking
  • Cleaning
  • Sewing

Inventory

• Backpack
  • A Few Pencils
  • Some Paper
  • Rations (Jerky, Chips, Water, etc)
  • Sewing Kit (Needles, Some Thread, etc)
  • Heavily Patched and Torn Clothing

Personality: Timid, Nervous, Easily Frightened, Trusting, Loveable, Kind, Resourceful

Bio: With the thought that he'd be living by himself for most of his life, Twirdy (as his friends called him) pretty much stuck to learning how to take care of things on his own. Cleaning, housework, cooking, with an intended Masters Degree in The Culinary Arts. Then the fecal matter hit the proverbial fan, flushing Twirdy's ideas of a future down a toilet. Basic survival for our good friend has been to hide, or pair up with anyone he can find. Safety in numbers!

As far as family is considered, no girlfriend or any real close friends outside of his teachers. (Though let us say he knows those teachers ain't doing so good. And the mess they made... Thank god for Chemistry Undergrads!) He assumes his family dead, as they were on vacation (giving him the house to himself for the weekend) and they haven't exactly returned home.

Giving up on home, and school, he found (or will find) himself someplace safe, with people... not the brain-eating-monster-people, but the normal kind of people.

Other: N/A

Quote from: Zarazel on October 27, 2011, 04:02:48 PM
I guess a description would be okay I prefer images though but a description its fine.
I actually found an image that works for the character. Which I've been trying to do for about a year, now.

I AM THE RETURN!

Bloody Rose

Quote from: DudelRok on October 27, 2011, 06:33:07 PM
Name: Danial "Twirdy" Quirk

Skills

• Cooking
  • Cleaning
  • Sewing

Inventory

• Backpack
  • A Few Pencils
  • Some Paper
  • Rations (Jerky, Chips, Water, etc)
  • Sewing Kit (Needles, Some Thread, etc)
  • Heavily Patched and Torn Clothing

Personality: Timid, Nervous, Easily Frightened, Trusting, Loveable, Kind, Resourceful

Bio: With the thought that he'd be living by himself for most of his life, Twirdy (as his friends called him) pretty much stuck to learning how to take care of things on his own. Cleaning, housework, cooking, with an intended Masters Degree in The Culinary Arts. Then the fecal matter hit the proverbial fan, flushing Twirdy's ideas of a future down a toilet. Basic survival for our good friend has been to hide, or pair up with anyone he can find. Safety in numbers!

As far as family is considered, no girlfriend or any real close friends outside of his teachers. (Though let us say he knows those teachers ain't doing so good. And the mess they made... Thank god for Chemistry Undergrads!) He assumes his family dead, as they were on vacation (giving him the house to himself for the weekend) and they haven't exactly returned home.

Giving up on home, and school, he found himself someplace safe, with people... not the brain-eating-monster-people, but the normal kind of people.

Other: N/A

I actually found an image that works for the character. Which I've been trying to do for about a year, now.

I do have a question, in  your bio you said he finds a group of survivors, I am fine with that. however in other you put N/A. So i have no idea what to do, should I make the group of survivors or just somehow get you alone?

DudelRok

Quote from: Zarazel on October 27, 2011, 06:37:43 PM
I do have a question, in  your bio you said he finds a group of survivors, I am fine with that. however in other you put N/A. So i have no idea what to do, should I make the group of survivors or just somehow get you alone?

The current group? O.o

I thought this was a month in.

I AM THE RETURN!

Bloody Rose

It is but that does not mean you are together at the start ^^ unless everybody agrees with it?

DudelRok

I AM THE RETURN!

Bloody Rose

Venom09

whoops i missed that part i took out the daughter part and just left in the husky. Though the husky doesn't need played by anyone I can play its reactions and such of course though with the sex situations that shall insue possibly no animal sex with her dog please lol.

Bloody Rose