Three Word Game

Started by lucretia, September 11, 2011, 03:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ephemera

I know a boy named Jack whose mother recently shouted her frustration for all in the village to hear.  Of course, the animosity between mother and son has been ongoing since the child was old enough to toddle around the village square.  However, rumor is that his actions today took the cake -- as he sold the family cow for a handful of beans.

fiery, fairy, fairness
“I bleed myself to be your drink:  Is not the blood of poets—ink?”   ―William Soutar
My Ink Blood Spilled | Who I Am | Where I Am (A/A) | Intro | Avi Source
My Poly/Kink/Random Blogs | My Drawer | My Concupiscence (O/O)
I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” ~Nin  Working on: Ink Blood Spilled

Sybl

My Father had a  fiery temper he never took silliness as part of his routine. That all changed when my baby sister came along. One Halloween she dressed as a fairy. In all fairness I really didn't care one way or another.

Erotisch

Ephemera

"Why, oh gods, why!" the lament echoed through the cavern as the ink-girl mourned the tragic circumstance brought upon the dawn.  There was no hope, no reason to continue if this were the way the world was going to be from now on.  She drew her pen from her pocket and spilled her ink-blood, bursting into tears once more as she railed at the unresponsive heavens, "Why no words?"

cataclysm, page, slats
“I bleed myself to be your drink:  Is not the blood of poets—ink?”   ―William Soutar
I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” ~Nin  Working on: Ink Blood Spilled

Mordred

Ok so this may sound a wee bit over-dramatic but when a trickle of blood escapes my thirsty lips during a feed, I see it as nothing short of a cataclysm. Yeah, you may simply want to flip this volume open to search for the correct page that spells out why such a thing would be a huge deal, yet that would be a waste of time. For the slats that constructed this dead thing with fangs and an insatiable need for that crimson nectar were long ago locked away.. and the key to that vault was liquefied.

Invitation, Always, Required
*See Pillory*

Kazuume

To enter my domain an invitation followed by a password is ALWAYS required.

screening, biometric, eternal
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly ... very slowly."
                                 ~Gypsy Rose Lee~
                                           ---,`--@
     ~Kill me slowly, so through the pain, I will know I have lived.~

What's Yes & What's Not
Apologies & Absences
Stalled out stories: Dragon Familiar ~ Loki

Mordred

To enter my lair, first there is a rigorous set of screening tests. Using my highly tuned spectrum of senses, I ensure the biometric frequencies of those lovely drops of red inside the veins meet my high standards. In the rare event that they don't (for truly, it's all a charade.. for while certain concoctions are indeed quite exquisite.. blood.. is blood :P), I cruelly give the human a few drops of my own, which will ignite their inner flow with my own eternal serum.

Intoxicating, Crimson, Nectar
*See Pillory*

Kazuume

Mordred is a crimson nectar junkie but despite this fact his personality is seductive and intoxicating.   :P

orange, rainbow, helicopter
                                 ~Gypsy Rose Lee~
                                           ---,`--@

What's Yes & What's Not
Apologies & Absences

Erotisch

The bright orange helicopter flew right through the rainbow.

Pregnant * Cynical * Engine

Ephemera

Does anyone mind terribly if I post a refresher of the rules?  The explanation is buried under pages and pages, and we've had some newcomers recently, so I thought it might be appropriate.  I hope it's okay. ;)

I've clipped the quote from lucretia, leaving the basic instructions intact:
Quote from: lucretia on September 11, 2011, 03:34:50 AM

The rules are as follows:

The first person chooses three words, any three words they would like.

The person who plays after creates a three sentence or three line poem/prose/whatever using the three words in any order they would like.

The words must not change tense, so if the word "attics" is in the three words, you are not allowed to substitute "attic" for it instead.

Three sentences/lines only, no more, no less.

One word per sentence/line.

Afterward, the second person chooses three words for the next person to create from.

Ephemera

Pregnant with tension, the air in the room fairly crackled as the two faced each other with silent glares.  His cynical attitude had finally gotten so far beneath her skin that she could no longer keep quiet; just as she began to retort, a twinkle in his eye stilled her tongue.  Slowly he began to rumble with laughter, like a reluctant engine sputtering to life until she could no longer help herself, and together they filled the stormy air with peals of laughter. 

versed, onion, fluttering

Mordred

As I lean down really low and press my ear upon the ground, I can't help but wonder if those potent vegetables that stretch their boundaries into bulbous proportions are versed in the ways of growing to their maximum potential. Take the onion for example.. yes at first glance it appears to be a work of geometric perfection.. yet upon closer inspection, can strange flaws be discovered? As one brushes light fingertips upon it's papery skin, can't the fluttering of fear be detected deep within the layers of it's eye-watering essence?

Creature, Embraces, Nonsense
*See Pillory*

Ephemera

If I have learned anything from my forays into the dark woods, it is that there is always a strange and dreadful creature to be found in the shadows.  Please don't misunderstand, because I mean to say that the shadow is the fiend that wraps itself around you on those dark nights filled with wanderlust; that grim beastie embraces the prey it chooses. With tendrils like the ribbons of a corset, it wraps itself 'round and tightens steadily, until the air is thin and the brain can only utter nonsense of the jabberwocky sort -- more dreadful than one can imagine.

three, word, game

Kazuume

Now that the rules for this thread have been explained, we shall all participate by using three sentences. The object of the game is to challenge oneself. Hopefully we all realize it is for fun and no one gets upset or frustrated trying to place the word and use it in the appropriate manner.

Piccolo, carnival, folklore

~Gypsy Rose Lee~
                                           ---,`--@

What's Yes & What's Not
Apologies & Absences

PigPin

As i learned how to play this game I asked myself why would anyone pick piccolo as a word.  It could be a flute or a character from dragon ball z.  Whichever version of the word, neither would be fun at a carnival.  However that could just be good ole fanshion folklore.
I hope i did that right.

sushi, Winnebago, volcano

Mordred

Ever try eating sushi in a moving vehicle? Better yet, to be more specific, how about a rickety old Winnebago with a couple pieces of uncooked spaghetti standing in as chopsticks? Before you shrug that off, I'll add a bit more excitement to this tale by letting you know I was also the one driving as a pesky volcano sent it's fiery bowels to do the dirty work of the sun!

Watch, It, Wiggle
*See Pillory*

PigPin

"Watch this" I cried out loud as i pointed to a vehicle that was claiming a volcano. "It will get to the top because Mordred is the driver" I muttered to the others in our tour group. The Winniebago had made the journey upwards.  The group gave a shout of "Hurray" and began to dance as I uttered  "Wiggle, I say and dance for joy."

Look, Out, Below

Sybl

Look,  There is PigPin and he is flying way above the clouds! Hurry someone and shoot Out that big helium balloon.  Below PigPin were hundreds of soft blankets. Too bad when the balloon broke he landed on the thorns instead.   :o

Hilarity, Muse, Jackal

Mordred

To add even a bit more hilarity to this snowballing bundle of stretched facts, as the gallant driver of the recreational vehicle made the perilous journey into the jaws of what appeared to be his final destination, he noticed in the rear view mirror a Lady in a red dress heading the march of an immense army of.. ants! Leaning over to my muse, who sat in the passanger seat (tied up, she was, for the sexy little minx has too often foiled my plans with her wayward shenanigans), I slipped a pickle into her juicy red lips as I asked her to confirm that vision behind us. After a light shake of my head, I looked again.. this time seeing what first appeared to be a giant black jackal.. realizing later with a sinking heart, it was my old mutt, Morticia.

Proceed, With, Caution

*See Pillory*

Ephemera

I have no idea how to proceed with this odd little story you folks are concocting, perhaps I'll just watch from the sidelines while you proceed.  There's popcorn vendor here at the side of the road, and they serve pickles with garlic in those little paper cups.  I think I'll have one, and caution anyone who gets too close that as yummy as those pickles are, I always end up with garlic breath.

apologizes, for, offending

Sybl

Laughs out loud as there is no need for apologizes, dear Ephemera!   XD  As for Mordred and myself, we are a sick pair at times, though he will deny it.  You are not offending me in the least. I love my cheeky humor, and Mortica is a dog no one see's but knowing she is very real with lots of bone crushing teeth.

Aspartame, Ballet, Toosie Roll 

Mordred

Clears throat as he is thrust into the description of 'sick'.. as he shoves handfuls of packets of aspartame into his pockets. Yeah, the only way he can abide the ballet is by keeping a constant supply of the powdery residue dissolving upon his blue tinted tongue. Although with a wiggle of his eyebrows, he happily notices a bowl of Tootsie Roll Pops.. which also instantly vanish into his insatiable pockets.

Claims, Eternal, Madness
*See Pillory*

Sybl

Claims Mordred he is surprised by this description of himself. The truth is he has it bad, Eternal sickness of his pea brain now turned blue.  :P Oh yes he is quite into Madness without his packets of blue jello and the cute little ants.

Infernal Boost Cheeky

Kazuume

We who play on E are all of a cheeky nature.
That doesn't mean you can play that infernal racket while we read!
I want to boost everyones ego by saying you are all lovable and sweet.  ;D

Holiness, Quarantine, Spartacus
                                 ~Gypsy Rose Lee~
                                           ---,`--@

What's Yes & What's Not
Apologies & Absences

Mordred

I once, for a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a moment, considered a life along the path of holiness. Yet as that very thought escaped one tiny portion of a synapses, the others all dived upon that wayward spark of an idea, sending it into the dungeon of the brain for a lifetime (or as long as a thought can exist without any bits that thoughts sustain themselves with) quarantine. It is whispered amongst the other inmates thoughts that even a revolt raised by Spartacus himself would be unable to free that ridiculous notion back into the general population of thoughts.

Let, Dice, Fly
*See Pillory*