Pathfinder Horror: Darkness of Ustlav

Started by Quasar, May 29, 2017, 02:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quasar

Cursed by association with the Whispering Tyrant, Tar-Baphon, the lands of Ustlav has always boasted a fearful reputation as a place the undead and things even more sinister lair in the dark and long shadows of this dread realm where even the divine seems reluctant to step foot in.  Here, more often than not, the highest cause to good are the often corrupt and amoral mortals who struggle for survival.

Whilst the great and powerful forge on, leaving their mark, the common man must labor even harder for only survival.  The price for games of treachery and intrigue of the great is merely death, whereas those who must toil amidst the cursed land often face death and damnation.  Or else, in hopes of avoiding the latter, they must make compact with the darkness to stave off the former.

In the dark forests, evil arises to plague the small community of Volkstead, whose common folk must fend it off as best as they can, for there will be no heroes come to save them.

Welcome and thank you for looking in for this Pathfinder horror campaign, based in the dark lands of Ustlav!  This will be a bit of a different campaign as the focus is on the common people of the land - adepts, commoners, experts, warriors - and how they deal with the ordeals they face.  If they survive long enough, they may even become heroic.

Please do familiarise yourself with the following so as to ensure that this is the sort of game you want to be in.  The horror elements of this game will be of the Gothic/Poe/Lovecraft variety.

Please note that this will not be on a first come, first served basis. 

Warning/Disclaimer: In keeping with the theme of this setting, PC death is a moderate possibility if they are reckless (to say nothing of NPC casualties).  Likewise, time will pass during the course of this game.  This is not meant to be an action/combat-heavy game, but one of action and consequence, and maybe even small community drama (but not melodrama!).  Themes will likely even venture in the bizarre and disturbing, but this game will not be one of monster/tentacle sex.

THE REALM OF USTLAV

CAMPAIGN HIGHLIGHTS & POINTERS

• The land of Ustlav was once very famous, though no one yet 'living' can remember those glory days.  As a result, the vast majority of Ustlavans are a proud people, whilst constantly depressed by country's fall from grace.

• Commonly spoken languages: Common, Varisian, sometimes Skald.
    • Commonly worshiped gods: Desna, Pharasma, Urathoa

• The campaign will be set in the small hamlet of
    Volkstead
    , which has a tightly-packed population of about fifty odd people (split between 12 or so families).  It is located in the forests between the Hungry Mountains and Lantern Lake in the province of Versex, and was founded by a minor noble who was followed by numerous peasants, just over 30 years past.  It is highly isolated, and, often, the biggest event is usually the merchant wagon that visits twice a year.

• Typical Craft skills: Blacksmithing, Carpentry, Clothing, Leather, Pottery, Stonemasonry, Traps
    • Typical Profession skills: Baker, Brewers, Butcher, Cook, Farmer, Herbalist, Midwife, Miner, Stable Master, Woodcutter

• Luvick Valden is the minor noble who established the settlement and is still the spiritual leader of the community.  He is a widower who lives by himself with his son, Arkan, and his house servants (numbering approximately 10, servants and guards).

• Affairs in the settlement are mostly handled by the headman, Stratos Relmar, who is also the owner of the local watering hole.

• Most people gather at Stratos' home/tavern after sunset to socialize.

• Most villagers live in the main (lower) section of the hamlet, whereas servants of the Luvick have living quarters in his manor on the hilltop.  A handful of others live outside the walls.

• Village life consists mainly of farming, fishing in the nearby rivers, mining, logging, and generally helping to keep the settlement in good repair.  Most men, aged 16+, are automatically part of the local militia.  Women can volunteer.  There are always 4 militia members on watch on the walls every night.

• Magic is highly distrusted, and anyone who can use it quickly falls under suspicion whenever anything bad happens.  Anyone who can use magic, therefore does not reveal this publicly, or else lives outside the village (and thus increase the distrust against those who choose to live on the outside).

• A merchant wagon comes to visit the hamelt twice a year; once during early spring and once in mid-autumn.

• Coin is at a minimum; most deal with copper, and, less commonly, silver.  Gold is virtually unused.  Trade of coin accounts for half of all transaction, the other half is in bartering or mutual agreements.

• Volkstead is usually fairly quiet, though the occasional attack by a starving wolf or an irate bear is not unheard of.  People tend to stay indoors at night time.  Occasionally, strange lights have been seen in the woods, but nothing has come of it.  Over the past 30 years, a handful of people have disappeared after going into the surrounding woods, assumed to have fallen victim to animal depredations or natural accident.

STORY vs. SMUT
I would like to prioritize story over smut, though not so much that it becomes sterile - in a small isolated world, with daily hardships and danger always lurking, people naturally look for their joys wherever/however they can ::)

Just read the mood: if we're in the middle of some obvious development, don't look to introduce anything sexual.

WHAT'S THE GM SEEKING?
I won't lie and say I'm down for whatever.  A good, well-rounded (and believable) character always has my interest, as does one that integrates with the story and setting at hand.  People who make an effort to apply the knowledge they've learned are also good in my books.

Whilst it doesn't hurt to get creative and unique with character creation, whilst pumping up their credibility as a primary character, one of my pet peeves is failure to note character vs. in-game competence and ability, summed up with the following:

Player "From a young age, my character has been helping to cut and move logs and has even beaten back two hungry wolves who attacked on one cold night.  He's the life of the tavern and buys drinks for everyone."

Me "... but he's only a 1st level commoner with Str 10, Cha 8 and barely a copper to his name..."

More than anything else, this is a game about commoners - not square jawed heroes, stoic in the face of danger and laughing in the face of death.  A horror based game doesn't work if you're character is not involved in the fear factor around them.  This is to be a game where characters have strengths and weaknesses, hopes and fears, a public face and a private one.  The average commoner is superstitious and suspicious.

Whipping out a weapon in the face of danger is usually the last option for when you're cornered or the life of a loved-one is at stake.

The game is largely focused on life in Volkstead and its general surroundings (the forest and the mountains), so I'll be thanking players not to venture too far.  Survival is the general aim, but if players somehow manage to make Volkstead prosper despite the dangers, they may well be able to start leaving their humble origins as an NPC class and begin to take or retrain levels in PC classes.

CHARACTER CREATION GUIDELINES
[float=right][img padding=2 height=350]Image[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b] Character Name
[b]Age:[/b] Any.
[b]Class:[/b] If your character is an adept, enter commoner, expert, or warrior here (as what closely simulates your PCs cover, no one should know whether your character is capable of using magic)
[b]Gender:[/b] Male or Female.
[b]Race:[/b] Campaign restricted.  If your race is Aasimar, Changeling, Skinwalker, or Tiefling, put 'Human' under this entry (i.e. nobody should know if your PC is one of these)
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b] Any.
[b]Deity:[/b] (Who do you pray to?  If any.)

[b]Physical:[/b] Even if you have a picture, tell us about (what you feel) is their best qualities.  Others need to know what to pay attention to!
[b]Personality:[/b] Tell us how we can expect your character to act.  But no irredeemably selfish or atagonistic characters please.

[b]In 2 Sentences:[/b] Summarize your character's identity, history, goals, and dreams in two sentences (approx. 40 words).  Basically, this is your sales pitch.

[b]Ons:[/b] Sexual and non-sexual.  Let others know what you want.
[b]Offs:[/b] Sexual and non-sexual.  Let others know where to draw the line.

You will have noticed that there is no alignment and history detail in the above.  Do not insert them.  This is deliberate.  No one would know these just by looking at another.  I believe that these details should come out during the course of a story (piece by piece at appropriate times; not an expository monologue please!) - here's a chance for you to wrack up bonus XP.

If your PC has a background that you want to have crop up/explored in the story (such as searching for a loved one, a personal nemsis, etc...), send it to me by PM and we can work on that (but only once I've made final selections).

CHARACTER BUILDING GUIDELINES

• Characters of Adult starting age begin play at 1st level.  Middle aged characters begin play at 3rd level.

• 15-point buy.

• Only Paizo-published material, no third-party content.

• Only NPC classes allowed: Adept, Commoner, Expert, Warrior.

• ADEPT
      The very rare individual who manifests minor magic; hedge wizards, someone who found an occult scroll and managed to read it thereby unlocking their personal magical ability, those touched by spirits or vaguely hearing the call of the gods.

Adepts can choose to use either Wisdom or Charisma as their primary spellcasting ability.  Once chosen, the choice cannot be changed.
    • COMMONER
      The most common inhabitants of Volkstead, they are usually dealing with the labor side of tasks in the community, such as farming, logging, fishing, repairing, hauling heavy loads, and animal husbandry.

Commoners receive the Catch Off-Guard feat and two bonus feats of their choice at 1st level, both of which cannot be combat-oriented feats.  Commoner saving throw progression is as per the Rogue PC class.
    • EXPERT
      Experts provide for the non-labour skills in the community; carpenters, masons, weavers, clothes makers, and members of Luvick Valden's house staff.

As standard Expert NPC class.
    • WARRIOR
      Villagers of the Warrior class are those who have received more than average training as a militia member or house guards of Luvick Valden.

As standard Warrior NPC class.

• Changeling, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Human, Skinwalker, Tiefling.  Aasimar are also permissible, but receive only one bonus to ability scores, chosen from one of the two offered.  Those who wish to play Aasimars or Tiefling must take the Scion of Humanity or Pass for Human alternate racial trait respectively and may not (initially) take any traits or feats that give them obviously inhuman features.  Aasimar, Changeling, Skinwalker, and Tiefling PCs believe themselves human, except for something not quite right about their lives.

• Characters begin with 2 starting traits.  No flaws.  For those taking traits, remember that only 1 trait per category (combat, racial, magic, social, etc...) can be taken.  Traits that grant extra starting money (in terms of gp) are not permissible.

• Characters of the adult starting age gain an additional 2 starting traits (meaning that they start with 4 starting traits).

• Max hp at 1st level + Con mod.  1/2 at every level thereafter.

• Background skills permissible.

• Sanity as per the indicated guidelines.

• Starting Wealth:

• (Adult Age Category) 50 gp which must be spent on their worldly possessions.  Whatever they have left is converted into copper and silver coins for the start (half of each), and is probably their life's savings.
    • (Middle Age Category) As above, but with 300 gp worth of possessions.

• For those who attain familiars, or other similar companions; they will be NPCs under my purview (though you may define their personality and alignment when applicable) during non-combat situations, though you will still be able to order them around.

Edit: All characters can be assumed to be part of some household.  If they're middle-aged, they can have the house belong to them - men are more likely to own the houses (not being sexist!), but a particularly strong matron or a widow could claim ownership as well.  Characters of the adult category are more likely to be living with parents; though anyone living outside the hamlet could own their own place.
Quasar's Bangs (Requests; Updated 2017.08.25)
Quasar's A/As (Updated 2017.08.12)

ChaoticSky

*psst* Quasar.. you forgot to mention that you made the thread in the interest check topic. :P

Also, is it assumed that we have a domicile already? Or are we going to pay for that?

I'll be making the town trollop i think, a bold young woman with a varied skillset who works as a wench in the tavern, and spreads the rest of her time across various other things, like clothier and prostitution.

Dormouse

Given the setting and theme, would it be appropriate to have a character that has already taken baby steps into the occult? Such as a character who sneaks outside the village to visit a witch that lives in the woods, in the hopes of obtaining a cure for her mother's illness? Or someone from a pious family who has discovered her grandfather's cache of books, one of which is a spellbook containing somewhat disturbing magic?
"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Quasar

Nothing against it in theory.  Just come up with the 'face' of the character to post up here, and the darker particulars can be sent by PM.

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest on this :). Will make sheet later today and send PM the details.

ChaoticSky

..question, do NPC classes benefit from favoured class bonuses at all? Like the basic +sp/+hp?

Grizzly

I'm thinking a Changeling who helps to run, or perhaps owns, the local tavern.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

ChaoticSky

Name: Chandra 'Cheer' Morsa
Class: Expert
Race: Human
Sexual Orientation: Bi
Deity: Cayden

Physical: Chandra has alot to be proud of in this department; her bust, her hips, her well toned ass from being on her feet so much, but what she loves most is her long, platinum blonde hair. Shes been growing it since she was a child, and spends far more than she should taking care of it.
Personality: Cheerful, outgoing and flirtatious; Chandra or 'Cheer' as the locals call her is always willing to lend a ear and a comforting touch to those who are feeling down, and never minds if they get handsy while shes working in the tavern. Outside, she sells services of a more intimate nature, though for both moral and social reasons she never sleeps with married men. But few realize just how hard she works to keep up with the town, both physically and emotionally, and fewer still realize what a toll this takes on her.

In 2 Sentences: Chandra works hard to be a little ray of sunshine in a otherwise grim land. A talented wench, she splits her time between flirtatiously serving patrons in Stratos' Tavern, servicing the town folk in more intimate ways, and moonlighting as a seamstress for minor repairs and custom orders.

Ons: Prostitution and Service are the two big ones for Chandra, shed never beable to charge for sex if people thought she would simply give it away for free, and she finds serving people to be.... relaxing, and vaguely erotic. Just... tune out, bring people their orders, wink when they touch your ass, flirt when someone looks down... She can lay down her troubles and just... be. This extends somewhat to sex in that she enjoys pleasing her partner, and isnt as interested in her own orgasm.... she sees the activity its self as enjoyable, and is satisfied with pleasing others over chasing her own high. Outside of sex, Chandra naturally gravitates towards friendly people. Regardless of whether their interest in her is lurid or platonic, those she considers friends are always those who treat her well and/or playfully. While she would never shun someone, she is admittedly less attentive to those who are vulgar, rude or use her unkindly.
Offs: Scat, mutilation for me. It should be said that Chandra doesnt like rough stuff, but shell take it anyway, and i myself am fine with it.

National Acrobat

Name: Marrin Arrinson
Class: Adept
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Deity: Green Faith (Unknowingly at first)

Physical: Six feet tall, sturdy but not broad of shoulders, emerald green eyes. Tan skin, handsome but not in an Adonis-like way. Obviously spends a lot of time outdoors.
Personality: Curious, wise, friendly. Everyone knows Marrin. He's the local herbalist and apothecary. He is wise in the ways of the natural surroundings and often serves as a guide for those who need to venture out from the town into the wilds. It's obvious that he avoids most of the most bustling areas of the area however, and it isn't because he's antisocial. Everyone knows he is friendly and outgoing, and at some point, everyone has come to him for advice or for healing. He gets along with everyone.

In 2 Sentences: Marrin can use magic and he doesn't know how it happened, and it still hasn't clicked the how or why. He's scared to death of it because of the lack of tolerance regarding the subject, but in the process of learning his grandmother's trade as an herbalist, his natural affinity with nature drew the Green Faith to him. He is scared of anyone finding out his secret and hides it, even though he has a huge heart and is generous to a fault, he fears he will be run out of town or worse if it's discovered that he's able to do such things, even if they come naturally via the Green Faith. He wants to learn, and understand what he can do.

Ons: Straight as far as sexuality, enjoys esoteric discussions about anything, loves the outdoors and is a true friend to those he can trust, and is warm and genuinely kind. With his parents dead, and no siblings, he wants to belong to something bigger and will defend his friends and their trust. Wants to expand his horizons and learn about his own budding gifts, and the world at large.

Offs: Dislikes pushy people, or those that use folks. No scat, vore, non-con, etc. Pretty much my ons and offs.

I have my weekly PF game tonight, will work on a sheet tomorrow, but will be heavy on the Wisdom, Con, Cha aspect as an adept.

Quasar

Quote from: ChaoticSky on May 30, 2017, 05:12:38 PM
Also, is it assumed that we have a domicile already? Or are we going to pay for that?
Forgot to address this one:
All characters can be assumed to be part of some household.  If they're middle-aged, they can have the house belong to them - men are more likely to own the houses (not being sexist!), but a particularly strong matron or a widow could claim ownership as well.  Characters of the adult category are more likely to be living with parents; though anyone living outside the hamlet could own their own place.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Quasar on May 31, 2017, 12:41:55 PMCharacters of the adult category are more likely to be living with parents; though anyone living outside the hamlet could own their own place.
Chandra's parents must be so proud.  ;D

National Acrobat

I imagine Marrin has a very small cottage with a workshop attached on the fringe of the settlement.

Quasar

Quote from: ChaoticSky on May 31, 2017, 01:21:13 PM
Chandra's parents must be so proud.  ;D
Depends on the parents she has!  She might be following in her mother's footsteps, and her father may be a drunk who doesn't care as long as it brings something to the house ::)

Given the small, isolated, clannish nature of Volkstead, I doubt she'd be able to prostitute as such, but it is altogether reasonable that she has a small clique of 'regulars' who are willing to trade favors for her favor. (in a population of 50-odd people, about half are married, a third are too young, which leaves about 16 odd remaining - really slim pickings ;D )

Quote from: National Acrobat on May 31, 2017, 01:54:22 PM
I imagine Marrin has a very small cottage with a workshop attached on the fringe of the settlement.
Certainly doable, though it is quite likely, living outside the hamlet will mean that he most probably lives in moderately spacious wattle and daub hut with a thatched roof that is simply one big space inside for sleeping, eating, and work.  It may have a crude dug out basement.  Sawed wood, mortar and other construction materials would only be invested inside the settlement, so anyone doing so outside would have to build the place mostly by themselves, with materials they can handle.

Zaer Darkwail

Name: Rognar
Class: Warrior
Race: Half-Orc
Sexual Orientation: Hetero
Deity: None specific

Physical: Rognar is six and two inches tall, easily towering most men in village and he has lean muscular build and wears worn and old studded leather armor and a wide bladed spear given to him by his foster father. His hair is cut short, brown and his skin has dusky natural dark color and his tusks are prominently always in view. His eyes are dark brown which gleam slightly in dark in faint red color. When naked his backside has several long whip scars and around ankles and wrists are remaining scars from manacles he had once worn long time ago.
Personality: Rognar is dutiful minded man who works hard but also enjoys life much as he can in gloomy world of Ustlav. He is sort man who does not complain much from minor inconveniences. Overall image being a calm gentle giant in surface at least.

In 2 Sentences: Rognar is former slave who is grateful for community who took him in and raised him to adulthood, so he is devoted to protect the hamlet with all strenght his lineage has provided to him! However people still feel alienated on his presence, lacking any true friends in very community he has personally sworn to protect and found place only as stronger men serving in militia nightwatch.

Ons: Sexual; Dominance, roughousing, sexual marathons (mutual sexual exhaustion), foreplay/games. Non-Sexual; Respect (to him/foster father), good meal&ale, dancing/partying/singing/drinking, a good fight makes his blood boil in excitement
Offs: Sexual; Scat, mutilation, violent abuse (beatting), impassive lovers. Non-sexual; Disrespect (to him or foster father), racism, cowards, those who break promises/oaths, people who harm others for profit and take profit from misery (pickpocket; not big deal, murderers/drug dealers big no), slavers

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Quasar on May 31, 2017, 03:00:34 PM
Depends on the parents she has!  She might be following in her mother's footsteps, and her father may be a drunk who doesn't care as long as it brings something to the house ::)

Given the small, isolated, clannish nature of Volkstead, I doubt she'd be able to prostitute as such, but it is altogether reasonable that she has a small clique of 'regulars' who are willing to trade favors for her favor. (in a population of 50-odd people, about half are married, a third are too young, which leaves about 16 odd remaining - really slim pickings ;D )
Mhm! Thats why she does other stuff too. I figured the population was too small for a full time prostitute, So her 'primary' job is working in the tavern, but she also trades sex for coin (or goods) and does abit of seamstress work. I figure he mother would be the actual local clothier who makes clothes for the town. But thats just a idea. Shes probably exasperated to have such a wayward daughter :P

Zaer Darkwail

Most likely Rognar would be one 'regulars' what Cheer may had provided a more intimate services :). Rognar I intent to be 'appreciated but also feared' sort guy (he is big, strong and so solid militia soldier but locals also fear him). So he haven't got much luck with attracting attention from fairer sex so he may had paid Cheer in past to get some attention from a woman at all (and over year or two had established sort regular schelude when he wants unwind with her). However besides being militia soldier he has no profession nor possessions to give so he saves up money from his salary and then pays to Cheer for one all nigther with her ;). Depending on income is it once a week or once a month sort event.

ChaoticSky

Well we dont know whos getting in yet (and you still havnt told the interest thread that this is up Quasar! Most of those people dont seem to realize you have a new thread up!) But if we both get in thats fine. It would be more likely the former than the latter... If she charged so much it would take you a month of work for a single night then she wouldnt be getting much business at all! Better to to be on the cheap side and get more clients. We are all of us poor peasants.  :P

Zaer Darkwail

There was earlier interest thread? Well better inform you have actual recruit thread up then :P. Anyways fine with that if my char gets in, Cheer and Rognar have 'weekly scheluded' meetings then :). Most nights he just comes tavern to eat/drink after work (and steal some gropes and flirts with Cheer ;)).

Quasar

Quote from: Grizzly on May 31, 2017, 09:20:00 AM
I'm thinking a Changeling who helps to run, or perhaps owns, the local tavern.
Just to note, Stratos Relmar, the unofficial headman, runs the tavern, though I have no objection to anyone helping to run it.

Edit: After a little bit of consideration, Skinwalkers are now also an acceptable race since they fit the theme.  Obviously, using their shifting ability where anyone can see them would lead a good old stake burning in all but the most exceptional of circumstances.

Edit: The NPC classes can be chosen as the PCs favoured class for purposes of an extra skill rank or Hp point.

TheHangedOne

Ahoy there. I did not notice the recruit thread go up, so I fear I've fallen a bit behind. I'll give the details a looksie after some (fingers crossed) sleep, and see if I can still come up with something for this.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Matthias von Rosenritter

I definitely have some ideas for this game. Whether or not they would fit is up for debate. Mind if I message you with my ideas, Quasar?
Time is an endless, tortured circle; alpha and omega indistinguishable from one another in the empyrean flow.

Argent Adonis

Name: Rand
Class: Expert 1
Race: Human (Varisian)
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual (appears Heterosexual).
Deity: Pharasma.

Physical: A few inches shy of six feet, Rand is a lean tousle-headed youth, who's dark hair offsets his lighter hazel eyes.  As befits a hunter, he is quick on his feet and precise in his movements.  Whilst his angular and slightly darker features are strongly indicative of his Varisian roots, he also has some of the lighter features of his Ulfen grandfather.
Personality: Rand is lively and spritely, though he takes a bit of backseat in more overt social activities preferring to watch folk cheer and cajole in the tavern whilst discussing the day more quietly with a few friends or fellow hunters.  He happily shares what he knows about the woods and its ways so that people can avoid pitfalls and accidents.  Initially conservative, he's a heavy flirter once he has a prospective partner.  Whilst he aspires to be a model villager and gentleman, he has an enormous sexual appetite that he works hard to keep under wraps.

In 2 Sentences: A young men recently taken to hunting when both his parents passed away, he proven to be decent woodsman and healer, which he learned from his mother.  His goal is to find a good woman to marry and start his own family, whilst impressing the local lord enough to be taken on a house retainer.

Ons: Exploration and spending time in the outdoors.  Sex in inappropriate places.  Impreg.  Lady in public, harlot in the bedroom types.  Thrill of danger.
Offs: Self-righteous, self-important, pompous types.  Scat, watersports, and mutilations (sexually at least).
Ons & Offs: F-List | Visual Aid (updated 09.04.17)

Argent Adonis' RP Request Thread

Quasar

Quote from: Matthias von Rosenritter on June 01, 2017, 04:34:07 AM
I definitely have some ideas for this game. Whether or not they would fit is up for debate. Mind if I message you with my ideas, Quasar?
Sure thing Matthias.

Kathyan

Hi, I was sick last week so that's why I was not around but already feeling better, I'll try to come up with a concept as soon as I can ^^

National Acrobat

Quote from: Dormouse on May 31, 2017, 02:08:08 AM
Given the setting and theme, would it be appropriate to have a character that has already taken baby steps into the occult? Such as a character who sneaks outside the village to visit a witch that lives in the woods, in the hopes of obtaining a cure for her mother's illness? Or someone from a pious family who has discovered her grandfather's cache of books, one of which is a spellbook containing somewhat disturbing magic?

*waves* Hi Dormouse!

If we are both accepted that sneaking off to find someone who can cure your grandmother or talk about magic would be a great connection to my pc. It would be great for him to ha r someone he could trust and talk to about his 'abilities'.

Kathyan

Name: Irene Rymelar
Class: Warrior
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Deity: None

Physical: Since young her long toned legs, firm round butt and big heavy breasts had always drawn more unwanted attention towards her than she could have ever asked for. A couple of decades later little has changed except it is now her now who hunts others without the slightest qualm on using her body as a tool.
Personality: She is carefree, overconfident and arrogant, abusive and a bully she likes harassing both male and female people taking advantage of her training and her rank to get away with it.

In 2 Sentences: When young Irene was always getting into trouble, or more like trouble was always getting into her as she was usually getting molested everywhere she went thanks to her curvaceous figure. Even the town guards tried to take advantage of her and it was like this that one day she even gave a lesson to one of them only he was not one of the guards but the marshal. It seemed she had gotten herself into big trouble but he recognized her courage and skills despite being just a commoner and instead she was given a position into the soldiers. Wanting to get payback on how she had been treated all her life she put some big effort into it and climbed up until she was given the rank of guard captain of noble.

Ons: rough sex, non-con, unexpected sex, humiliation, exhibitionism, restrains, bondage, sensory deprivation, mind control, coercion. Non sexually she also likes to abuse others and feel she is in control of the situation at every moment. (OOC it is perfectly fine to have her lose control and have her be embarrassed and humiliated as well, both sexually and non-sexually)
Offs: Scat, watersports, gore. Bestiality is also no for me too though sex with monsters is perfectly fine (and encouraged^^)

Dormouse

Quote from: National Acrobat on June 02, 2017, 11:18:41 AM
*waves* Hi Dormouse!

If we are both accepted that sneaking off to find someone who can cure your grandmother or talk about magic would be a great connection to my pc. It would be great for him to ha r someone he could trust and talk to about his 'abilities'.

Hey National! I'm still deciding whether to submit a character, but if I do it would be nice to have a confidant.
"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

ThatFantasticBard

Name: Ina Tanov
Class: Expert
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Deity: None

Physical: Ina has a "reclusive" look about her. Her long, brown hair is often unkempt, either from lack of time or a lack of interest in maintaining it and she has an overall boyish figure. Thanks to her experience as a tailor, she's often seen wearing well-fitted, albeit very plain looking dresses. She also seems to hardly ever sleep, with a constantly tired expression and dark circles under her eyes. While she certainly could be considered cute if she put in any effort in to her appearance, it's obvious she has no interest in doing so.
Personality: She's a shut-in. While not exactly unfriendly, she mostly keeps to her self, only interacting with others when they need clothes or she needs supplies. Ina isn't adverse to making friends with the locals, however she certainly isn't going to go out of her way to do so, as she considers friendship to "a pleasant, but useless distraction". She prefers to let logic dictate her actions over emotion, but isn't completely without empathy and is willing to help those she cares about. Despite her logical personality, she's quite scatterbrained and disorganized, easily losing things and forgetting events.

In 2 Sentences: Ina was originally born in Lepidstadt, where she's studied in various maths and sciences and is very well read as a result. However, after a disagreement with an organization within the city, she fled her hometown, and now lives in Volkstead where she's "reinvented" herself in hopes that she isn't found by the group pursuing her.

Ons:Fetishes include voyeurism, bondage, masochism, light torture, paranormal, manipulation and toys. I'm fine with being forced to do stuff in character, so long as it isn't on my offs list, both sexual and non-sexual.
Offs: Scat, extreme violence/gore, death used for sexual gratification and watersports are pretty big no's for me. I'm also really against people who use out of character knowledge in the game as I find it really disrupts the game and can potentially ruin people's characters.

So, I would like to mention that this character is actually male, but is disguised as a female for various reasons, including some stated above. So, I was just wondering if anyone had a problem with that? If so, I can probably change some stuff around and just make the character female, but I do prefer it as is. Let me know what you think!

ChaoticSky

I dont think anyone will have a problem with that!

I assume Ina has never engaged Cheer's services if they are trying to keep their gender a secret?

ThatFantasticBard

Quote from: ChaoticSky on June 05, 2017, 11:15:51 AM

I assume Ina has never engaged Cheer's services if they are trying to keep their gender a secret?

I mean, it's possible she's requested her services before and just asked for things that didn't require Ina to take her clothes off. She is a voyeur and certain S&M acts wouldn't require her to be naked, after all. That is, if Cheer would be okay with that sort of stuff, obviously.

National Acrobat

Quasar

Seems like everyone is more or less okay with that. :-)

There seems to be enough characters to get a story going, but I'll wait a little longer and see if Dormouse will get something up.  In the meantime, I'll launch the OOC shortly.

Dormouse

Name: Milena Stojanov
Class: Commoner
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Deity: Pharasma? (she isn't particularly religious)

Physical: Milena is slim and of average height. Perhaps her best features are her long, curling, dark hair, that never appears frazzled even at the height of summer; her full, red lips; and her expressive brown eyes.

Personality: Milena's mother perished in childbirth when Milena was 10. As the eldest of five children, Milena was forced to grow up at a young age, taking over the household chores and looking after her younger siblings. She has a reputation around the village as an ice princess, though one that is somewhat undeserved. It isn't that she is uninterested in relationships; she just doesn't have time for them. She attends social events such as dances, but spends most of the time looking after her brothers and sisters. Their father is a cheese maker.

In her leisure time, Milena likes to read. Lately she has been carrying around a heavy, leather-bound tome. If anyone asks, she says it's a book of fairy tales that belonged to her grandmother, but she will make excuses to keep anyone else from opening and reading it.

In 2 Sentences: Milena is a bit aloof, but is thought highly of in Volkstead, and is a hard-working surrogate mother to her younger siblings. But she dreams of life beyond the confines of the hamlet, and if offered the chance of attaining greater power she might grasp at it regardless of the consequences.

Ons: Please refer to my Ons and Offs (link is in my signature).

Offs: Please refer to my Ons and Offs (link is in my signature).

Quasar

Glad you could make it Dormouse!  Just PM your stat sheet once it's done.

For everyone: OOC thread is up.  Say 'hi' and get your character sheets that you posted here up on the relevant page (link in OOC thread), and we can start to fine tune things for the start of the game.

ThatFantasticBard

Hey, my character's picture appeared again, that's neat.