Need For Speed: A game of illegal street racing - (Tentatively filled)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, March 24, 2011, 01:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

I like it!  Alright, just add it into your character profile and than post it in the character thread, and your good to go.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

aya

Quote from: Aiden on March 24, 2011, 07:02:00 PM
Damn, ok no GTR for me then....might go Impreza or Evo...or maybe muscle...Hmmm.

I like the Lancer Evo, or the 370z.. ooh or even a skyline :D

undisclosedtoyou

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

I'm trying so hard not to chose Vin Diesel...but I am....character coming tonight or tomorrow.

Falanor

I'm interested in a Driver or Mechanic slot.  About to head off at the moment but if you don't mind me joining in on the fun I'll whip something up after work tomorrow.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Aiden on March 24, 2011, 11:24:26 PM
I'm trying so hard not to chose Vin Diesel...but I am....character coming tonight or tomorrow.

Omg Aidennnnnnnnn -humps- you are a king!  Really, I would shower you with glitter, but because you're making my all time man candy Weakness as your characters face, I'll refrain!

Quote from: Falanor on March 24, 2011, 11:36:09 PM
I'm interested in a Driver or Mechanic slot.  About to head off at the moment but if you don't mind me joining in on the fun I'll whip something up after work tomorrow.

We'd love to have you!  There are two free club slots open, so just let me know which one you want tomorrow, or you can take the last secondary cast slot if you like.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

If it is cool, I might want to switch the set ranks.

Me and Fal can be like brothers so there is no , who is leader over the other. (We played a similar game and our bringing over our characters from there)

I wanted my character to have a junkyard as a family business, so I am willing to let Falanor's character be the son of the shop/garage owner unless someone else wants that for their character.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Aiden on March 25, 2011, 12:23:21 AM
If it is cool, I might want to switch the set ranks.

Me and Fal can be like brothers so there is no , who is leader over the other. (We played a similar game and our bringing over our characters from there)

I wanted my character to have a junkyard as a family business, so I am willing to let Falanor's character be the son of the shop/garage owner unless someone else wants that for their character.

I can change the ranks around, no problem.  And I'll change the jobs around, I don't know why I didn't do that yesterday.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

Character up

Since most of us know one another we can talk some back story so that we mesh well when the game begins.

And that was it before gong to sleep, good night!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Aiden on March 25, 2011, 02:53:07 AM
Character up

Since most of us know one another we can talk some back story so that we mesh well when the game begins.

And that was it before gong to sleep, good night!

Updated the Cast of Characters - Inserted a link to your charries character template.

Night night Aiden -waves-

Okay, so this is what I have for Trini, feel free to give me input if you guys want to:

She's 23, half Indian half Mexican who can play the piano pretty damn well, but never actually tried to get anywhere with her music outside of studying at SDSU.  Growing up she ran after the boys and tougher girls in the neighborhood, trying to become one of them, being a pretty basic tom boy while she was at it.  I could see this being a bit annoying in the beginning, but eventually she would have been accepted as one of the guys.  I know some of you guys will want to have made your characters real friends during high school, but if any of your characters where friends before that, than I can see Trini knowing them from childhood.

During high school, she was a late bloomer, she started noticing boys in another way, and learned the girly things, cooking, dressing, etc.  She was still considered one of the guys though.  It's probably here that she would have befriended most of the female characters, since this is when she started getting interested in more female oriented things.

She would have moved from the neighborhood and into a dorm room when she hit college, so occasional visits to the neighborhood for that time period.  But being they loyal kind of girl she is, she would have kept in touch with people.  After college, she moved back and is now working at the Auto shop.  I can see her helping out at the scrap yard on occasion, when it's needed.  She's also the type to have routine  BBQ's, dinners, meals at her place for the gang.

Sooooo in summery(if you really don't want to read through this whole thing lol)  She would have known some of your characters as a child, while running around the neighborhood like any true hooligan.  In High school, she would have befriended most/some of the female characters.  In college, she would have been gone a lot, so interactions than would be brief.  After college, she works at the Auto-shop, and occasionally helps out at the scrap yard if needed.  She sorts of mothers people, so meals at her place are usually expected, and in fact the opening scene of this game will be a BBQ at her parents house.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

For those who want to work into their history a little with Tychus.

He did have to repeat two grades (did this in order for him to be older), one of them was because he just did not go to school for an entire year (junior year, this was the year before all the baby mama drama so he was working and trying to do the right thing *read bio*)and when he did he had to repeat it. Around school he is not very sociable unless it involves cars or girls, he did not care for school sports or spirit and he did get into a few altercations with some of the "jocks" who thought it was fun to piss him off only to find themselves bloodied and bruised after.

I am looking for one of the characters here (if they want) to be the one to tutor him enough to graduate. Whoever that is, be very careful for he will see that person as more of a sister than an actual "female" so he will be highly protective.

Fal, depending on your character I am looking to talk plot with you a little on our characters, background mostly.

Dis- I want Trini to be the person who Ty calls up when he needs help with the scrapyard, like she does most of the administrative duties. (office stuff)

Caela

Hey Aiden, Micah could have been his tutor if you like. Could be how she got involved with his crowd (she'd have known them from the neighborhood already but this could be how she actually gets in), a side discussion about cars turning into this tiny little girl fixing up engines for him and his drivers. Being seen as sister wouldn't be a problem so long as he gives her cars to play with lol.

Falanor

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 25, 2011, 12:21:03 AM
We'd love to have you!  There are two free club slots open, so just let me know which one you want tomorrow, or you can take the last secondary cast slot if you like.

Awesome, looking forward to writing this guy up and joining the fun!

Quote from: Aiden on March 25, 2011, 11:07:52 AM
Fal, depending on your character I am looking to talk plot with you a little on our characters, background mostly.

Sounds great to me.  I'll send a message when I get home later.

aya

Hey Fal, if you're planning on doing the co-leader/driver/mechanic deal with your character, could I have my character be your sister or something? That would explain her knowledge of cars/ street racing, and get her connected to the club.

Edit: noticed Trini went to SDSU- so are we playing in SoCal then? :P I wouldn't mind that at all.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Aiden on March 25, 2011, 11:07:52 AM
Dis- I want Trini to be the person who Ty calls up when he needs help with the scrapyard, like she does most of the administrative duties. (office stuff)

Can do buddy :)  I hope you don't mind that I'm going to have her know him when he was wee little lad lol.

Quote from: Caela on March 25, 2011, 11:14:52 AM
Hey Aiden, Micah could have been his tutor if you like. Could be how she got involved with his crowd (she'd have known them from the neighborhood already but this could be how she actually gets in), a side discussion about cars turning into this tiny little girl fixing up engines for him and his drivers. Being seen as sister wouldn't be a problem so long as he gives her cars to play with lol.

If that's her in, than we can have Trini and Micah meeting in High school.

Quote from: aya on March 25, 2011, 02:34:11 PM
Edit: noticed Trini went to SDSU- so are we playing in SoCal then? :P I wouldn't mind that at all.

Yup, we will be playing in sunny San Diego bby <3  More specifically in this off beat area that's known for it's scrap yards just east of Chula Vista I believe.

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

aya

The only places I know are Del Mar and La Jolla :) I was around that area when I went to visit some friends haha.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: aya on March 25, 2011, 04:00:30 PM
The only places I know are Del Mar and La Jolla :) I was around that area when I went to visit some friends haha.

Hahahaa, those are nice area's to visit.  The neighborhood this game is centered on is a little off the beaten track, there are a lot of scrap yards, and small communities made up of 3 bedroom apartments and small houses.  It's known to people who need parts for cars and such.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

Don't worry, us Locals will add enough background information for you guys.

Hehe, just wait till you see what Tychus has in mind for a race on this bridge... >:)

undisclosedtoyou

Aidennnn omg.  Let me just inform anyone who hasn't ever had to drive on that particular bridge...it's scary as hell!  Even on clear sunny days it scares me to even look out, and I can't even explain how scary it is on rainy stormy days/nights.  Yes I'm a huge wimp >.>

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

aya

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: aya on March 25, 2011, 04:59:53 PM
Ahh! I was there. That's downtown right? :D

Well kind of, it connects Coronado to San Diego, buttt it's so close to being in Down Town, that yeah, I'd consider it being a part of it.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Falanor

Quote from: aya on March 25, 2011, 02:34:11 PM
Hey Fal, if you're planning on doing the co-leader/driver/mechanic deal with your character, could I have my character be your sister or something? That would explain her knowledge of cars/ street racing, and get her connected to the club.

Don't see why not.  I'll make sure to send you a bit of info here in a lil' bit.  ;D

undisclosedtoyou

Don't worry, if you need help with geography and the like, feel free to ask them here, or in the OOC thread I'll be setting up.

For now, here are some links that may be a little help to everyone.

Some landmarks,
more landmarks,

Map,
Geography
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Falanor

Okay, here's what I got so far.  It's tentative to change as aya needs to give it a glance so I didn't post it in the main thread.  Also I wanted to make sure it meets with approval from the GM.  :D

Leonid “Leo” Byron Morrison

Orientation: Heterosexual
Position in Club: Co-Leader/Driver/Mechanic
Specialty: Engine work (especially in muscle cars)
Personality:  Leo can be highly stubborn, but is generally keeps an even and steady head about him.  He knows what he likes and dislikes anyone that tries to belittle him for it.  At the shop he is friendly enough, and even about as honest as any mechanic ever could be.  Away from the job he's relaxed, a bit jovial with friends, and always plain spoken.
History:  Leo is the son of a long line of blue collar workmen.  His great-grandfather worked in construction, building some of the largest buildings within the city.  His grandfather helped construct the elevated trains.  His father repaired the cities vehicles while making enough money for the boy to go to school and get a proper education.

Leo went through school much like any other child.  He excelled at sports and had a natural gift at tinkering with engines and other aspects of metal work.  He made decent grades, but that was shadowed by his skill at linebacker on the football field.

Leo's mother passed away during the summer of his senior year in high school, leaving the father and son together.  Throwing himself into work around the shop and very little with school he almost failed out of High School altogether.  However he barely graduated and his skill on the football field earned him a scholarship to University.

While away at college Leo had taken up an interest in the Sweet Science of boxing.  It became a past time he indulged in during the off-time from football and earned him a small amount of notoriety while in college.  He began to acclimate to the college life easily, enjoying everything it had to offer.

It was during this time that things took a turn for the worst.  Just nearing the end of his Senior year his father's house burned to the ground with the elder Morrison still inside.  Making matters worse, during an early season game Leo blew his knee out and with it any chances of making it in the pros.  The loss of both parents left the young Morrison to inherit the family business which he decided to carry on with after he barely graduated from college.

Physical Description: Physically built much like an athlete, never having lost the workout ethic from college sports.  He’s on the tall side clocking in at 6’ 3” tall (190.5 cm) and keeps his dark hair cut close.  Aside from he occasional grease smears from working on an engine he has no body art to show.

Extra Info: Leo has a two modes of transit.  The first being a GMC Topkick C4500 for work and the second being a rebuilt ’71 Challenger

undisclosedtoyou

Leo meets my approval so far Fal, when you've discussed things with Aya, and decide it's all done, just pop it into the character thread and I'll update the info.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's