Need For Speed: A game of illegal street racing - (Tentatively filled)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, March 24, 2011, 01:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Acid Lips

reserve me that spot then, will work on profile between today and tomorrow

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Acid Lips on March 28, 2011, 01:01:51 AM
reserve me that spot then, will work on profile between today and tomorrow

Awesome, will do hun!

We now officially need one more male spot to be scooped up, and than we can start this baby!

Oooooh and on a side note, you guys are so not gonna believe what Trini drives!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Acid Lips

I will just look for a cool pic of a cool car and run with that hahahha

Acid Lips

[Hiro Mikura]

Orientation: Bisexual
Position in Club: Black Market Liason/Driver
Specialty: Business, he is the best one to get the best deals on any piece of any car. He can make you go in circles without you even noticing it.
Personality: He is the quiet type of man, he does not speak much around anybody not even the people he came to call his family. He is the type of guy that would go to the end of the earth for the people he cares about and will always try to make them happy however he can. He is the strong silent type of men, when he speaks often people hears him. He is known to get into fights with his group and being the last one to bail out after making sure everybody left. Almost got arrested one time for defending one of the girls and helping her out of the sight of the police.
History:
Born in Japan, he was born into a world of racing and business dealings. His father owned a company based on making car parts and he always got into business with dealerships to get the best deals. He became famous among the industry and the company kept rising. Hiro came to know all that he needed from his father, making him into a very dangerous man in business deals.

He moved to the States when he turned sixteen and became friends with the group after they found out that he always seem to have a lot of cash and stuff moving around, mostly car related stuff. After a few words with him Hiro agreed to help them out. At first he was treated like a outsider but he quickly grew to love his new friends and them grew to love him back.  He works now only for them getting the best deals he can for the group of racers that basically won him over. Having all the money he ever needs from his father he use it to help out whenever he can.
Physical Description: http://www.asianpopcorn.com/news_images/Asia_s_Top_10_Most_Handsome_Male_Celebrity_21112010231121.jpg
Extra Info: He is claustophobic (Afraid of closed spaces) he never carries much cash with him afraid of getting robbed. 

undisclosedtoyou

Acid, Hiro is approved!  You can post his sheet up here when you can, and I'll get on adding him to the list.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

BigBuckBob

The space has been open long enough for me to see it twice, so I think I'll express my interest.

Secondary cast, junkyard worker.

-basic gist: not actually a 'car guy' but knows the junkyard well enough to find you what you need, even if he doesn't know what it does.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: BigBuckBob on March 28, 2011, 07:01:23 PM
The space has been open long enough for me to see it twice, so I think I'll express my interest.

Secondary cast, junkyard worker.

-basic gist: not actually a 'car guy' but knows the junkyard well enough to find you what you need, even if he doesn't know what it does.

I like it!  Just create your character profile and the spot is yours Mister Big :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Hey Acid, if you have the time can you post your character template up in the character thread?  The link to it can be found in the first post of this thread.

On another note, this game has successfully been moved from NC: human small groups, to Bon: Human small groups.

I'll be discussing plot in the OOC now, so if people want to see something inserted into it, let me know.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Shadow879

I would like to express my interest in this game, if a spot is open/opens up.

You had talked about needing a mechanic to fill the auto-shop manager position.

I would like to be a mechanic/driver, though I don't prefer being a manager. I'm not a good leader in real life and it would be pretty much the same in RP. I actually am a mechanic in the Army in real life, and I own a muscle car that I work on, a 1965 Mustang w/ a 302 cubic inch V8 motor.

I could either drive my car or I could make up a car to drive. If I had to race though I'd change up my car specifications, because my 302, though fast, wouldn't cut it with the guys that put thousands under the hood of their cars. I've got maybe a grand into my engine, in the form of camshaft, intake manifold, lifters, and a Holley carburetor, the other 7 grand went to restoring the car cosmetically :D
Never back down, never look back.

How to make love to the Dark

BigBuckBob

[James Thompson]

Orientation: Straight
Position in Club: Junkyard Worker
Specialty:Part identification and retrieval. He might not be able to identify a 67' Chevy in a lineup, but show him the engine and he'll rebuild it from parts already in the junkyard.
Personality: An introspective and artistic person he can often be found just sitting in a car in the middle of the junkyard. At the same time his creativity can lead him to some entertaining situations. For example, the device he created using a fuel injector to pump out shots during parties. Usually fun to be around, but when in the middle of a project he can get a bit snappy at anyone that interrupts him.
History:[need to review everyone else and possibly send a few messages]
James was something of a B student in high school, due mostly to a lack of focus. However, his auto shop grades were terrible. In this class more then others he lost focus, making sculptures rather then building the engine. and when he did build the engine, it would look right but didn't function. One afternoon he found a way around it. Tychus was 'visiting' the class and having a bit of trouble locating a part he needed. James overheard it and proceeded to locate the part- under a locker near the tool bench rather then with the spare parts. By the end of the year Tychus had taught James enough to make the engine turn over, and pass the class, and James was happy to return the favor in a handfu of other subjects.

When Tychus inherited the junk shop, James was quick to come help. He dedicates most of his time to inventory management and is mostly used for his ability to know what obscure parts they had and where they might be. He still isn't very good at knowing what a 'corroborator for a Datsun' looks like off hand, but as time goes on he has started picking up on a few of them.

Physical Description:

Extra Info:
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Aiden

Quote from: Shadow879 on March 30, 2011, 12:57:32 PM

I would like to be a mechanic/driver, though I don't prefer being a manager. I'm not a good leader in real life and it would be pretty much the same in RP. I actually am a mechanic in the Army in real life, and I own a muscle car that I work on, a 1965 Mustang w/ a 302 cubic inch V8 motor.

I could either drive my car or I could make up a car to drive. If I had to race though I'd change up my car specifications, because my 302, though fast, wouldn't cut it with the guys that put thousands under the hood of their cars. I've got maybe a grand into my engine, in the form of camshaft, intake manifold, lifters, and a Holley carburetor, the other 7 grand went to restoring the car cosmetically :D

I'm pretty sure we can accommodate you Shadow, we had a lot of female players/character show interest in the game. I am not the GM but Dis normally agrees with me or she gets the spankings.

Throw up a tentative sheet concept for her to look over when she is on to give a final word.

undisclosedtoyou

Mr. Big:  I like it!  When you're finished up with the history part, post it in the character thread, and than you'll be good to go:)

Quote from: Shadow879 on March 30, 2011, 12:57:32 PM

Well I like even numbers, buttttt I also like how you asked to join, so we can definitely accommodate you Shadow.  The question I have for you, is whether you want to play a club member or a secondary cast member?

Quote from: Aiden on March 30, 2011, 01:41:22 PM
Dis normally agrees with me or she gets the spankings. 

Aiden that's a S.E.C.R.E.T.  Although I must reiterate, since when is spanking a punishment for me hmmm?

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Caela

So random question...does everyone that disagrees with Aiden get spankings, or just Dis??? Reference material you know. :D

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Caela on March 30, 2011, 04:16:41 PM
So random question...does everyone that disagrees with Aiden get spankings, or just Dis??? Reference material you know. :D

I dunno, I guess that's up to what mood Aidens in :D
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Caela

Shadow879

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 30, 2011, 03:55:52 PM
Mr. Big:  I like it!  When you're finished up with the history part, post it in the character thread, and than you'll be good to go:)

Well I like even numbers, buttttt I also like how you asked to join, so we can definitely accommodate you Shadow.  The question I have for you, is whether you want to play a club member or a secondary cast member?

Aiden that's a S.E.C.R.E.T.  Although I must reiterate, since when is spanking a punishment for me hmmm?

I'd like to be a club member, if at all possible. I can't stand watching from the background. Sorry for the long response time, had a lot going on :( Hope I can still get in. I'm working on a character sheet now.

Also kinda toying with the idea of playing a Letty-esque character, though I don't know what everyone's preference is for a male roleplaying a female, if it's at all an issue I'll scrap that idea.

*EDIT*

Here's my male char. I've roleplayed him one way for a very long time (strong silent type, good for killing people and not too much else), so I'm making him a completely adjustable character.

Rosha Kovotulyin

Age: is adjustable. I prefer to play young characters around my age or younger (19), and generally end up playing the youngest character, but I have played this character as old as 60 years old.
Orientation: Also adjustable, usually I just say bisexual with a preference for females.
Position in Club: I suppose that should depend on what Rosha is useful for. He can steal/hotwire cars, work on them, drive them, etc. He's also good for dirty work.
Specialty: Rosha is a gifted mechanic and almost as good as a driver, though certainly not the "best" at racing, he definitely holds his own.
Personality: Gung-ho and happy-go-lucky, Rosha is a fast-talking teen from right there in San Diego. Loves to drink, loves to talk (and talk, and talk, and talk...), and loves to work on cars. Also enjoys computer games. Collecting weapons is also a hobby... guns, knives, martial arts weapons, etc. He's good for useless knowledge and a laugh, he is an eternal smartass.
History: Rosha was born and raised in San Diego. Though certainly not born into the racing world, he didn't need an invitation to find it. He had a penchant for driving at suicidal speeds, and doing it well, and it didn't go unnoticed... by the cops or by racers.
Physical Description: Tall, skinny, and lanky teenager, scruffy dark brown hair, hazel eyes. Wears whatever's comfortable, likes to wear old BDU uniform pants w/ t-shirts and boots, though.
Extra Info: None at this time... crappy char sheet, I know, it is NOT final. I am tired, it's 1:30 AM, will fix/finish tomorrow

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Shadow879 on April 03, 2011, 03:11:52 PM
I'd like to be a club member, if at all possible. I can't stand watching from the background. Sorry for the long response time, had a lot going on :( Hope I can still get in. I'm working on a character sheet now.

Also kinda toying with the idea of playing a Letty-esque character, though I don't know what everyone's preference is for a male roleplaying a female, if it's at all an issue I'll scrap that idea.

There's no problem with making you a club member, although I do have to point out that the secondary cast isn't background, they play an important role to(Since I play a secondary cast member, I set it up that way:)  And I didn't mind the wait at all, and you definitely can still play in the game.

I have no issues with a male playing a female character, in fact we already have a female playing a male character, so no problems there.  What did you have in mind with a 'Letty-esq' character?  Someone who is tough, a bit of a tom boy and who can drive well?

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Shadow879

Also on the subject of female character, yes, exactly that. Tough, tomboyish and a good driver. I'll write up a char sheet for her tomorrow when I fix Rosha's. It's late, I need my beauty sleep.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Shadow879 on April 03, 2011, 05:32:04 PM
Also on the subject of female character, yes, exactly that. Tough, tomboyish and a good driver. I'll write up a char sheet for her tomorrow when I fix Rosha's. It's late, I need my beauty sleep.

Sounds good to me, Oh and when you come on, let me know what you want her to specialize in.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's