Beauxbatons Academy of Magic (Potterverse) - Recruiting (FOR MALES & FEMALES!)

Started by persephone325, January 05, 2014, 10:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Quote from: Loves on January 10, 2014, 01:36:01 PM
awesome. do you want the CS posted here or PMed to you?

PM me please. :-)

Quote from: Aiden on January 10, 2014, 01:36:15 PM
persephone

Are you going to have something similar to the head of houses for the mansions? If so, I would volunteer to be Head or would it be Lord? of Bellefeuille House.

I want him to be the Herbology professor and if possible, Flying as well. He does not like classrooms, so all his teaching is done in the gardens/outside fields. Also he oversees the tending of the stable/gardens (alongside the head janitor/groundskeeper), when it comes to assigning students to the upkeep of the animals/gardens.

He is a "country boy", he is smart to a degree but lives a very chill lifestyle.

Yes. There are head of mansions, just like Hogwarts. The head should be a teacher, and alumni, of the mansion they wish to be the head of. If, by the time we start, there is no Flying teacher then you can have that role as well.

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 10, 2014, 02:34:17 PM
Does the school have a medical wing?

Yes. I wasn't able to get everything up. But it would be a pretty poor school if it didn't have a medical wing.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RainyHigh

I am going to edit my character for another potter game on here to match the one for this one... but until then, I will express interest. (I have the sheet on my computer but the monitor is fried).
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

persephone325

Quote from: RainyHigh on January 11, 2014, 11:40:03 AM
I am going to edit my character for another potter game on here to match the one for this one... but until then, I will express interest. (I have the sheet on my computer but the monitor is fried).

That's fine! It will be a while before we start, anyway.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

SpiralSpider

Is there an OOC thread yet? I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything. ^.^
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

persephone325

Quote from: SpiralSpider on January 11, 2014, 02:15:50 PM
Is there an OOC thread yet? I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything. ^.^

I'm getting that put up today. I'll link it when it's done. ^^
I don't know.

PhantomPistoleer

I'm chomping at the bit, Persephone.  Can't we start off in a carriage or a train, on our way to start a new year at the school?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

SpiralSpider

~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

persephone325

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on January 11, 2014, 02:23:29 PM
I'm chomping at the bit, Persephone.  Can't we start off in a carriage or a train, on our way to start a new year at the school?

I'll see what I can do. I've just been busy with some family drama.

In the mean time, here's the OOC.
I don't know.

Florence

O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

minerva7790

This looks awesome! Certainly different from most HP games I've seen! Are you still accepting players?
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Clio

I'd been wanting to start a Beauxbatons game on E for years, but I never got around to it. Lol. Glad to see someone did.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Amelita

Oh goodness.

I stayed out of this thread for... How long since you posted it? I can't any longer.

How are you on students vs professors, and the male vs female ratios?

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

persephone325

Quote from: minerva7790 on January 15, 2014, 09:08:52 AM
This looks awesome! Certainly different from most HP games I've seen! Are you still accepting players?

Of course! ^^

Quote from: Amelita on January 15, 2014, 02:30:53 PM
Oh goodness.

I stayed out of this thread for... How long since you posted it? I can't any longer.

How are you on students vs professors, and the male vs female ratios?

Haha! We have quite a few students, and only 2 professors. If I recall correctly, we're fairly balanced with the male to female ratio.
I don't know.

Amelita

I'm thinking a 1/4th Veela lady professor, possibly a deputy HoH of the lovely Papillonlisse house. Given this is Beauxbatons, would an art class be on the curriculum (and not taken already)? Painting, drawing, etc?  And/or a school choir?

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

persephone325

Quote from: Amelita on January 15, 2014, 02:43:27 PM
I'm thinking a 1/4th Veela lady professor, possibly a deputy HoH of the lovely Papillonlisse house. Given this is Beauxbatons, would an art class be on the curriculum (and not taken already)? Painting, drawing, etc?  And/or a school choir?

Art class is free, as are all it's sub electives. So is choir.
I don't know.

Clio

Amelita

Art class and choir it is! ^^ Going to write you something up, pretty lady.

PhantomPistoleer

I still want to make my mostly comedic Care of Magical Creatures teacher.

Is that possible?  Or do you think it would not be appropriate for the game?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

persephone325

Quote from: Christa McGinn on January 15, 2014, 02:58:27 PM
Is History class taken?

I don't think so. I know for a fact that Transfiguration is taken. Oh! And Flying and Herbology are taken too.

Quote from: Amelita on January 15, 2014, 03:00:09 PM
Art class and choir it is! ^^ Going to write you something up, pretty lady.

Great! I look forward to it! :D

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on January 15, 2014, 03:05:10 PM
I still want to make my mostly comedic Care of Magical Creatures teacher.

Is that possible?  Or do you think it would not be appropriate for the game?

I would have to see the finished product before I make a decision. As long as it's not too eccentric or anything.
I don't know.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Clio

I'm going to make a History of Magic teacher tonight. Female. :)

Amelita

Just as a note, it would be a good idea to have the announcements and information thread linked in the first posts of this one :)

I didn't know there was a list of claimed faces until I was pointed to the thread ;)

persephone325

Quote from: Amelita on January 15, 2014, 04:29:36 PM
Just as a note, it would be a good idea to have the announcements and information thread linked in the first posts of this one :)

I didn't know there was a list of claimed faces until I was pointed to the thread ;)

I have a lot to do, and I'm just a bit scattered.
I don't know.

Amelita

Yep yep, understandibly so!

I'd still add the link, especially if you intend to add further information there that might impact character creation :)

Also, where did you find the Beaux button you're wearing in your sig? It's gorgeous!

persephone325

Quote from: Amelita on January 15, 2014, 04:38:59 PM
Yep yep, understandibly so!

I'd still add the link, especially if you intend to add further information there that might impact character creation :)

Also, where did you find the Beaux button you're wearing in your sig? It's gorgeous!

I plan to. I'm just doing a bunch of stuff, looking into adding more game info.

I just did a little search for it.

[img width=174 height=100]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/9/91/Beauxbatonstopichead.png[/img]
I don't know.