Starship Im-Perv-ious [EX]

Started by Kate, February 04, 2010, 06:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

OOC

The year is 3027. Mankind has developed new technologies concerning space travel that has finally opened the heavens for the exploration we have craved for so long. For over a hundred years corporations have mined strange locations for exotic building materials ... birthing radical breakthroughs which none could keep track of. Everything expanded ... except order. Soon corporations were doing as they wish where they wish and no governments had the means to do much about it, most governments were a major player in such things and aided corporations doing so in return for their cut of the profit.

Earth more or less was empowered from it .. much like Rome was during its empire and equally corrupt. But in space civility was rare.
Again might made right where entire space stations .. the size of cities could house unspeakable ethics.  In the early days of such power .. abuse is expected. In the current year it is ... the only thing that is. It was only corporations which had the means to make such craft.
But corporations are also quick exploit their investments. Sometimes too quick.

In the year of 3025, Pharasthy Corp, a corporation which had muscled into monopolize the pharmaceutical industry tested a top secret experimental ship... A medical research lab, warship, factory, and colony ship in one, the few knowing of its creation rightly compared it to a spacestation for good reason.

It was the first of the "motherships".

Once built its maiden un-crewed test flight was the first time its strange engines would be turned on. It was expected to zoom to its destination and then send a beacon back to its overseers before returning.

But something went wrong.

The ship simply disappeared.

To cover their tracks those overseeing its debut launch falsified evidence that it was destroyed by a false faith in its new engine design. Such was the fear that other attempts to create similar engines would be a doomed investment, none would surely try to create its likes for some time.

But it didn't disappear.

It traveled exactly to where it was intending to go.

The only glitch was that the beacon probe was accidentally given new sets of codes.

For six months the new ship sat alone ... waiting for a one of its probes to release so it could continue its program and return to base.
A ship designed to almost fly itself, kitted with a army of robots that saw to internal halls lined with plants and its own maintenance.... six months waiting for a probe that may as well not exist. 

On the seventh month a few startled pirates amazingly managed to approach it without incident. The same few which all doors opened for.
A few pirates the ship mistook for its true crew. With such sudden wealth and power .. would the need to remain pirates evaporate ?

Or is the nature of a pirate less concerning choices of necessity and more due one's character ? For pirates do many things they dont have to.

Pirates sometimes do things because ...

they can.

Welcome aboard ... starship Im-Perv-ious

(candidate characters must have a pic that is not a cartoon, there will not a a system (it will be freeform) and the era is about the tech level of "Event Horizon" (The film)... artificial gravity, cold fusion energy, Faster than light travel - and miscellaneous medical advances )

Molly Millions

Any specific structure on candidate profiles you're looking for?

I assume we're all pirates too, correct?
Won't you come into my room, I wanna show you all my wares.
I just want to see your blood, I just want to stand and stare.
See the blood begin to flow as it falls upon the floor.
Iron Maiden can't be faught, Iron Maiden can't be sought.

Nim

Curious... does my pic count as a cartoon?  I hope not.  I rather liked the ideas behind the story.

~Nim~

Starkweather

Ons and Offs
Please add me on LastFM!

I could have made these excuses in my sleep,
As if anyone had doubted them at all.
But if we arm Eritrea then we won't have to pay her
And everyone can go home.

Nim

Starkweather

Ons and Offs
Please add me on LastFM!

I could have made these excuses in my sleep,
As if anyone had doubted them at all.
But if we arm Eritrea then we won't have to pay her
And everyone can go home.

Kate

molly - nothing specific -

you are pirates or somehow have a good story to be there with them.

you could be a engineer or scientist that accidentally was testing a suspended animation chamber or whatever - being with the pirates would make things easier.

as far as "is this a cartoon or not" for drawings or things that are not photos.

I go by one rule.

If the artist is highly realistic - that will do ( so paintings cg etc is ok - final fantasy-like characters which are pics of a "realistic" character is fine.

The problem is believability - which is impinged if some have something out of pokemon hanging around with others that more or less is a photo.

Nim

No ship is ever quite complete with out a Doctor aboard.  If no one else has any objections I would like to play the part of the Doctor.  A doctor with a lust for adventure.  Dr.  Jason Dalenthorne or simply just J.D.  For any doctor a ship like this one be like a wet dream come true. 

~Nim~

Wolfy

So..I assume we just PM you our profiles? What should be included in them?

Kate

add them here so others can have a feel for what characters they may be with and if it is there cup of tea or not.

Wolfy

Name: Raiga
Race: Human
Allegiance: Pirates
Appearance:

History: Born on a newly developed planet, Raiga always dreamed of reaching the stars. 23 years later, he finally received his chance. During a visit from a certain group of pirates Raiga joined their ranks to travel the stars, seeing no other way for his dream to become a reality. He took nothing with him except the clothes on his back, and a large sword that his father had left him as a memento just before he was killed, and left everything behind to journey the stars with these pirates, and has been with them for three years now.

This ok, Kate?

Kate

Cosplay photos is fine.

Um Whats the story with the sword (did you want to go around with something like that or just look like him minus the sword ?)

Some background on your character would be useful also :)

Goss

It's a neat idea but I had one question. Are all the robots for maintenance or are there ones used for combat?

I was thinking of playing a character that worked for the corporation as some kind of contractor that overlooked the activities of the engineers and scientists, part of a security group I guess. Once the pirates are aboard they capture him and keep him in captivity.

It would give the pirates some conflict to deal with. If others were interested in doing a similar character we could make a group. Just an idea I wanted to throw out there.

Edit: Sorry I think I totally misread the story. The ship has no human crew before the arrival of the pirates?

Kate

No human crew beforehand (unless you can think of a good idea how one could be there - eg testing a cryogen chamber etc)

If you want to be a robot - you can be found "deactivated" somewhere - if your from the ship you can be more high tech but you will have to choose who turns you on (which you will be loyal to).

It may be easier if you don't choose to be a robot ... but if you have an idea you just NEED to try - happy to see what your idea is

Kate

Elven Sex Goddess

Name:  Lorna
Race:  Human (Genetically engineered human)
Allegiance:  Pirates (ship pet)
Description/Picture:  Hair coloration;  Black,  Eye color; Brown.  Height; 5'4",  Weight; 136 lbs,  Body type;  Curvaceous, Measurements; 34d-24-36

Background:  Lorna is a designated as a artificial person.  Having been bred in a pet-re dish.  Incubated and brought to term inside of a lab.   One hundred percent human, whose DNA is genetically mapped to be the perfect companion.   For sale for professionals, as a companion slash living play doll.   So Lorna is bred with the inborn traits of being submissive and compliant.  A strong endurance, yet her strength is purposely made weaker.

This is reinforced with constant subliminal indoctrination in conjecture with award winning training.   With no contact with social customs or society morals.  Thus free of such restrictions.    The perfect pet by the time she is of sixteen years of age.  Ready for sale, to fill a order for the corporation.

In which Lorna is sold to a regional supervisor of a intergalactic company.   To a client to far busy to have a social life, or maintain a family.  As he is constantly interstellar traveling.    Despite being paid quite handsomely in a eight figure credits, yearly.  The client was and is a frugal spend drift.   With his being in elder years of his fifties.   His sperm count down,  he decided not to waste the actual nominal fee for fixing Lorna.  So she is still classified as a breeder.   

It is a pirate hijacking of a interstellar passenger ship.   That would bring  Lorna aboard the Pirate ship.  Taken from her former owner.   This was a year ago.    Her inherent nature takes away any possible escape.   As the pirates, the crew are now who she  belongs to.  The legality of such does not matter to her in the least.    Such considerations are beyond her grasp.   

Finally as designated artificial person.   Despite being fully human.   Lorna is considered soulless.  So she is not given status of  citizenship.   Making  her status as property in the eyes of the authorities.    Her bio genetically engineered DNA,  also has a visible effect.   Lorna despite being twenty seven years of age of now.  Still appears to be in her teens at about eighteen years of age.  As her cells have a unique revitalization ability.

TheVillain

Heh, had an idea.

(Having trouble finding a picture, naturally.)

Name:  Dr. Leonard "Retro" Rems
Race:  Genetically Engineered Human with cybernetic enhancements.
Allegiance:  The Company (Not Strongly, would probably change allegiances given an opportunity.)

Description:  5'8" with dirty blonde hair and green eyes, Leo seems to move like there's always a private joke or sing in his head. Nicknamed "Retro" for his preference in 50's/60's aesthetics and clothing- mostly carpenter pants, Hawaiian shirts, and sandals or simple sneakers. Loves 50's and 60's cars, digs the music as well. Handsome in a part beach bum and part geek sort of way.

Hardly the guy you'd expect to be engineered to have an IQ in the 400's and able to plug himself directly into the computers through an implant.

Background: Pharasthy's human genetic engineering department is not exactly known for it's legal accountability. When it needed another scientist, why wait for a job applicant when they could grow their own? A little fake paper work here and there, and one scientist in the making ready to order. Leo was smart enough to at least assist in projects by age 8. By 14, he had his first two PhD's in biochemistry and physics. Now at 21, possibly one of the smartest human beings on Earth officially didn't exist- only had the illusion of equal rights, and thanks to an eccentric anti-authoritarian personality wasn't exactly liked outside of the scientists.

What got him put on the Im-Perv-Ious would be known as the 'Sector 8 Incident'. The less said about it the better, but when he was recaptured his taste for dominance in the bedroom didn't go away completely. With some very powerful people angry at him Leo was cryogenically frozen and "donated" to the Im-Perv-Ious as an engineer. While technically Pharasthy's property and employee, he does not feel any loyalty to them and will likely jump at the chance to change sides.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Kate

ladysky, elven goddess both your characters are approved.

TheVillian we may have to work a little on yours.

Genetically altered to be smart = fine.
Genetically altered to be a sex god = fine
Genetically altered for both = not fine ( even if watered down to be a bit of both )
Just choose one :)

TheVillain

Oh, it's the Smart- the Sex God bit is very dead. I'm mostly just explaining why he's surprisingly dom in bed as it seems so counter to his personality.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Goss

Name: Albert S. Emery
Allegiance: Pharasthy Corporation

Description: Albert is 5'11" tall and weights 170 lbs. He has short reddish brown hair and brown eyes. His build is lean and athletic.

Although Albert often acts like a self made success in reality he has been very depend on everyone around him, and having a military discipline has not always kept him from making rash and poorly thought out decisions. To further push his fake edgy appearance he often sported a flashy two piece suit whenever he was in public. 

Background: Albert is the son of a man in Pharasthy Corps hierarchy. When he was a school boy his future was carefully mapped out to be apart of the powerful movement. After school his choices in life style led his father to distance himself from him, so Albert decided to join the military to escape the tension.

Albert spent the next several years flying all over the solar system. Being sheltered by his family made him feel like a prisoner as he began to see with his own eyes how vast and empty space was. It made him feel completely free. He was discharged after 6 years for injuries incurred during active duty.

After Albert recovered he teamed up with a fellow mate from the service and formed ET Security, a private security firm that mostly worked with the government to ensure the safety of cargo ships and those of social excellence. The group immediately began recruiting contractors and had steady work as the government's small hired army.

Later, the group ran into many financial difficulties and trouble keeping contractors. Albert and his co-founder often quarreled with government officials about the steady downfall of the quality of their work. To avoid risking their reputations any further they both disbanded the group and officially closed down ET Security. Albert and his co-founder split company.

Several years later Alberts father pulled some strings and offered him a job as a Pharasthy Executive of Distribution. Knowing of his experience with ET Security, he had no problem convincing the Corp that his son would ensure the safety of the cargo. Putting old demons aside Albert made amends with his father and took the position.

Little did his father know that on the side Albert was involving himself in yet another security firm. With the  other co-founder of ET Security at its head and a few others they formed Mastodon Services and Consulting. With the increase in funds and better technology MSC pledged to "Fight the increase of pirating and bring safer travels through the cosmos."

It was to Alberts surprise that Pharasthy developed a contract to work with MSC to help protect its cargo. On the day of MSCs first voyage with one of the Corps cargo vessels, Albert accompanied the group as a blatant gesture to advertise the success of the firm. The event was broadcasted on major networks. This would prove to be a big mistake.

Somewhere along the journey the cargo ship was attacked by pirates. They tracked the ship through the broadcast.  MSC was not as well organized as was thought and were overpowered by the pirates. Most were killed if not all, except for one. Knowing of Alberts history and family ties he was subdued and taken hostage by the pirates.

Albert was held up in a makeshift jail aboard the pirate ship for what seemed like years. It was clear through conversation that he heard that he was being held for ransom. He could only wait and hope that his friends and family would respond and find a way to get him free. Deep down he didn't put all his hope in his friends and family. Perhaps he would have to rely on himself for once to escape.     

Kate

Goss your character is approved - very interesting

TheVillian - ok i see where your trying to go.

Why not say your were made to be smart but one woman tinkered with you (so you had two penises or one that was very large or just could recover faster or something ... just one small obviously genetic change ... a sex god is someone that is more character based as well as genetics )

TheVillain

That's kind of where I went. Grown to be smart, tinkered to be the world's best gigolo, then they tried to tinker it back to smart and were 99% successful. Now, maybe he recovers a little faster, his dick's a little bigger, and he's a bit hornier then he was before he was tampered with.

A horny geek who actually has a rough idea what to do with a woman, in effect.

Wolfy

So..is my profile ok, Kate?..I don't know if you got my PM or not.

Sasha

QuoteA horny geek who actually has a rough idea what to do with a woman, in effect.

giggle fit ....falls off chair . Just wanted you to know this comment made my day.

I am working on a character for your game Kate ...just a little slow these days. Since another has perked my interest in joining . I am just flip flopping two concepts in my mind trying to decide which I like better.

Kate

Ok wolfy ... firstly i love simply characters also ... but although the cosplay costume is incredible (hairstyle wow! how some of the Japanese manage to mimic those cartoon hairstyles so perfectly is amazing)

However it really does look like he is holding a a plastic sword of impractical proportions that happens for some reason to be wrapped in loo paper... like he brings it into the gents or something

Remember these Pirates board space ships ... ships have narrow corridors .. they would have guns or short swords which are fast (No over the top hilt or pummels) they do need room to swing it ... or even something more like a light sabre is more likely.

If you want your character looking like cloud awesome. why not choose this one ..

and just find another pic for a sword a space pirate would have (with the expectation of using it in confined areas). The ship your entering is roomy but your not used to that nor expecting it. IF you want to have a super large sword later for whatever reason I am missing... making one later shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Um ... TheVillain ... lol!

Ok.. firstly i get your push of the idea that

a) he "was grown to be a supernatural-Einstein" (An effort which was ... an outstanding success) ... then
b) "genetically altered to be a supernatural Casanova" (an effort which was ... an outstanding success) ... then
c) "re-altered to be a supernatural genius again (an effort which was highly successful)...

that I get. I do .. I really do.

What I don't think you get ... is my point. The reasons why I beleive what i do is ...

a)  Someone that is genetically SPECIALIZED to be a genius ... would have ALL of their gene's chosen to make their use as a resource for research or whatever optimized.  So he would have major genetic tendencies not to be interested in anything else .. AND have a nature that doesn't perk the interest of those thinking of sex.
(ie sexless in his own intentions and sexless or even anti-sexy to those interested in sex .. bad BO phps ?)

If a one or a bunch of genetic engineers who were women felt like changing someone into the perfect lover they would more likely choose someone who is very smooth or good socially (funny etc) and change what they dont like of their physical form (lets give him broader shoulders .. etc) If one took a novel interest in the enigmatic scientist and wanted him as her lover it is unlikely she would change him to be anything but perfect (and likely loyal) for her alone - thus skills being the perfect lover to all women is unlikely.

If women choose to try and do this to your character due to a bet or a dare or to just see how good their own skills were or they were bored or wanted to try it with another OR used him to test certain things before attempting it with another that they REALLY wanted it to work on ... and it worked ... he wouldn't look like that.

( hang about why risk anything less than perfection ? If you were the company you would prefer to make another not "try and savage genetically tainted products" right ? )

If you want to come over as someone women would likely want to sleep with

a) Do not have a character that directed by the whims of others in their background OR
b) Have a dumb lovable character which does have a life directed by things out of his understanding (like joey from friends) but is a light hearted presence not an intense one.

If you just want a "A horny geek who actually has a rough idea what to do with a woman, in effect."
.. fine ! nothing wrong with that ... however make him a geek that is highly physically attractive with a good sense of humour - that is special enough.

The background you propose is a little rich for someone who just wants

"A horny geek who actually has a rough idea what to do with a woman, in effect."

:)
However .. your effort to justify it is cute :)

Wolfy

LOL...I actually had an idea of having the sword be secretly a large energy cannon...like it unfolds to become said weapon. xD

Stupid Idea I know. :P I'll find another sword...hmm...

How about this:

Kate

Wolf - cool we are making progress...

Still the concept of a space pirate having a thin or small concealable sword is having difficulties taking.
typical seats and life pods etc dont have room for things your suggesting.

Either do something like a traditional shortsword ...
http://wiki.cantr.net/images/4/42/Steel_short_sword.jpg
or modern one
http://www.bladegallery.com/pics/1807_1_n.jpg
or pair of futuristic flick swords ..
http://www.edmwi.com/shop/images/DSC07650.JPG

or ... a gun.

Wolfy

:P I like your futuristic Twin swords...lol

Sasha

Here is the character I am putting up for approval .

Name : Regina Mendez
Race : Human

Physical Characteristics :  5ft 7 , 130 lbs , 36b/26/36
Sexuality : bi-sexual , switch
Languages spoken : Spanish , English

Personality :  General remains quiet around those she does not know watching their actions more than listening to their words. Has a curiosity about things and loves to examine and take things apart to figure out how they work. Some what of a thrill seeker with freedom oriented mindset . Though has remained mostly a loner stepping up and doing the task asigned. Sometimes cracking jokes filled with sarcasm but rarely openly defies anyone she precieves in authority which has kept the girl alive this long.

Background : Life growing up was more of an orphan like state though she had parents they were just scientist that worked for the Blackwell Corporation. Much of her childhood was spent taking things apart and putting them back together as she just had an imquisitive mind about how things worked. However in her teenage years the girl was more a rebel and her own sexuality kicked in causing her parents to not know what to do with their wayward daughter. So when 15 she joined the militia through the refrom acedemy where she trained to become a field medic. Entering the space program then the girl was taught how to fly small shuttle craft for the medic ships were 3-4 man operations .

While on a larger transportation craft that was heading to another planet when she was 23 to set up operations for the med base. They were attacked by pirates. Since Regina had her medic gear in tow the girl soon found herself a captive and pulled alive onboard of the pirate ship. Forced to heal and work on serveal of the injuried pirates for next few years. Was rather difficult to not buy into their ideas with regards to freedom and  Regina soon earned the respect of many and joined the ranks.

Since joining up the girl has learned to be a jack of all trades really , fixing and tinkering with equipment ..geting old shuttles to the point they can fly again. Seemed all those years taking things apart were paying off.  Finally she managed to get a ship put together of her own which she uses as a small medic type facility and earns additional money more as a bounty hunter ...though not for the corporations but for the Freedom movement. Since her medic cover seems to work well and gains her acess to places that others can not.

Currently she is flying this ship and has been sent word of this abandoned space station that has her curiosity so even with a few current captives in the stasis chambers ..why not go check this place out. Since her partner in crime said she was bored anyways. The ship is able to handle up to 5-6 individuals. Has 4 stasis chambers on board a small medical facility nothing extremely elaborate..also a mixture of old and new technology that don't always work well together , shields go down , weapons don't always work ...though it is geared more for speed.

<partner in crime character to be posted by another I think >

Kate

Ok we are rapidly finding enough to role play soon (unfortunately two players have not yet been approved but the story can start while approval is still in the wind for a few characters)

One more character approved and we will be away ... however i will still leave it open for a while for others that want to join.

As far as the pirate "leader" is concerned you can either have none (ie all work on mutual agreement on spontaneous opportunities - or you can all elect one or I can role play one ...

the choice is all of yours ... those who speak first on the matter will have their opinion more noted than others (ie silence on the issue will be interpreted as "don't care").

One more day or so and I will post the starting scene.

Wolfy - if you do create a post that has all the suggestions I have noted and a little bit more about what your character does / is good at ... could be good enough to go.

Vandren

I'm thinking about some ideas here, so may be submitting a proposed character sometime today or this evening, depending on job related work.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Kate

Nim

As far as the pirate "leader" is concerned you can either have none (ie all work on mutual agreement on spontaneous opportunities - or you can all elect one or I can role play one ...

In most (if not all) stories I have ever been involved with that either includes some type of ship,  whether it be space fairing or out upon the open seas there has always been a Captain and Crew.

With that in mind I present a second character choice to play since I have not as yet heard anything about my doctor idea and it would seem like there is someone else that wants to play the part more than I. 

Name:  Tarsiis
Race:  Maku,  a race of humanoid beings that appear to be half human half reptilian.  Split length wise down the middle. 

Description:  Male.  6'10"  extremely muscular but surprisingly agile and very fast.  Human looking half/ Long silver hair with pale silvery hued skin, deep purple eye's (both halves of his face).  Reptilian looking half, left side of his body/ no hair, metallic purple scales.  left arm ending with a dragon like hand with extremely sharp long talons.  Left leg ending in dragon like foot with extremely sharp talons as well. 

Sexuality:  Heterosexual.

Background:  Taken from his home world as a young boy during a pirate raid passed from one ship to another over the years.  Has been with the current crew for several years.  Trained in hand to hand combat as well as swordsmanship.  By earning the respect of his crew mates and his loyalty to the Captain Tarsiis has worked his way up to being the Captain's Second mate. 

Weapons of choice:   Always carried and most often used hand laser gun  that looks like an old fashion dueling pistol that has been modified to also work as a light saber type sword.  Master of bladed weapons.  Swords and throwing weapons alike. 

Sasha

Oh Nim ...Regina is not really a doctor ....if your referring to me Hun ...she is more a medic type bandage ..similar to like a medic in the field . Ambulance Service ..I mean major surgery or anything like that she will not be able to perform .

I was not trying to be a doctor or take away from your prior character .

I was going more for a bounty hunter type ..space pirate that acts like a spy - gathering resources and that to bring back to aide the Freedom Movement. That can fit in easily and blend into the background , offering her services and gaining trusts ...then capturing said resource and bringing them into service for the other side against the big corporations .

More showing up at this station out of curiosity of what it could do ..wanting to tinker and figure things out some. Was all I really had in mind ..

I am sorry if I stepped on what you wanted to do.

Sasha

Nim

No worries Sasha you did not step on my toes.  I was thinking more of thevillian who has as his char: Name:  Dr. Leonard "Retro" Rems.  Besides with a story like this there are all kinds of possibilities for characters.  Thank you for your concern.  I look forward to writing with you.  (If I get accepted... LOL)

Take care you

~Nim~

kylie

( To go along with Regina, if this works out. )

Miki Kihara
5’3
Age 24
34-24-33

A rather aloof pirate by necessity, who has survived this far by making nigh-impossible calculations at just the right times.   

Miki is highly skilled at mathematics, up to quantum-scale probability.  While she does not process numbers with the speed of onboard computers, she is around twice as fast as the average trained engineer.  She doesn’t usually need a display for the calculations, and she can do intermediate-level formulas normally handled by a computer in her head.  (Things like where to stop a moving vessel in a busy sector for relative advantage, which direction is best to approach a field disturbance from, what are the odds at the rate a small battle is now progressing, what will a few machines working together likely produce, etc.).  Somewhat more advanced formulae can be done as well as most engineers.  All of this is only as good as the information she has about the situation in question, but assuming it is reasonably useful…   

Her output is not totally accurate unless she concentrates and slows down to a “good” engineer time.  Yet, in around 4/5 of cases, the fast work is  “good enough” for the scale of the problem.  Miki doesn’t actually understand how she does it, and she can’t seem to teach anyone else how she comes up with the answers as passably as she does.  She chalks it up to playing endless games of chance when she was little (and still enjoys winning many of those).  Some suspect that she has been implanted with a chip that does the work, and every so often someone has actually tried to knock her out and search for one.  Perhaps fortunately for herself, she doesn’t show any evidence of actually having such a valuable implant inside.

Miki and some friends amassed a small fortune from gambling chips before the Houses realized she was behind the scheme.  At that point, they sought to make an example of her.  She and the few others who escaped tossed most of what money they could convert into a leap into space.  It has been a couple years in deeper space now.  She has lost a couple friends to the dangers, and drifted into new companions and better craft.  She typically blusters or flaunts her way in, impresses people in a silly bet or two, then makes a place for herself as navigator, engineering help, and occasional advisor.         

Miki is often a mix of fire (reckless, bold, hysterical at times) and ice (quiet, calculating in empty tones, sometimes distant, even fatalistic).  She tends to stay aloof.  She is hard enough to read that it’s easy for others to shrug off when her words might otherwise disturb them.  She occasionally surprises people who challenge her by flirting or teasing audaciously, and sometimes by dishing out threats in creepy tones.  Her advantage is that sometimes, she doesn’t seem to care at all what happens.  Most people don’t want to risk finding out if that’s for real.  She has picked up some basic martial arts and weapons ability during her time in space.  But usually, the strong card is her predictions on the odds or simply her attitude.

Goss

Kate what are your thoughts on the use of NPCs? I've been planning my first few posts to take place on a pirate ship that would be described and played through by myself. The crew of that ship would also be played myself. The ship and the crew would just be used to establish where my character is at and why he escapes to enter the Im-Perv-ious. 

With that, I look forward to playing with everyone.   

Vandren

Sorry, I'm about halfway through a character.  Getting time to write didn't work out yesterday.  Hopefully that will change today, although it's not off to a great start in that regard.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Kate

Nim your character backgrounds are fine - your character is needs to have a decent photo or realistic pic to be approved however.

For those already approved please place and maintain your profiles here https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=60628.0

wildstar

I'm interested in this storyline. what positions on the crew are open?

Nim

I am sorry Kate but with all due respect I feel my time would be much better spent writing on stories than going to paint shop pro and creating a character that can be described much more easily with words and in my opinion far better than with any picture.  After all the book is always much better than the movie.  Good luck with your story and have fun creating a moving tapestry with words.

~Nim~

Kate

TheVillain

Ah, Kate. Sorry it took so long to respond to your notes.

Let me say that I understand where you are coming from completely and for the most part agree with you. I just think you're reading too much into it.

Here's the points I'm going for.

1.) He'll be the engineer.
2.) While on paper he's with the company, he's on the ship because he pissed somebody off and is willing to change loyalties with the right incentive.
3.) In the bedroom, he's a bit of a dom.

That's it. Everything else is just fluff that might never come up, and the third point is iffy anyway.

Kate

Then can you do the following

write a background that addresses points 1-3 without mentioning genetic engineering.

Say primarily he is a geek but he has a great sense of humor (that implies enough about him likely being very likeable to women is that ok ?) ... if you do this your approved

TheVillain

Vandren

I swear I'll get a character wrapped up today.  He's 60% finished, just need to convert notes to paragraphs and give him a name.  The plan is a techie-type, most armoury and the like (small arms and personal armor, possibly vehicular as well).

Kate

Approved profiles (please add to here): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=60628.0

OOC thread and IC thread to come (tomorrow)

rancorius

Kate

KoH

Hey. Nice to meet you all, I'm new here... and... well.. I think I'd like to join.

Is it okay if I make a male character to go along on the same ship as Miki and Regina? I'll get my profile up asap.

This is my first RP on these boards, by the way, so, I hope it's a success. ^____^
O/O

I don't believe in fairy tales
Where no-one wants to go to hell
You made the wrong decision
And it's easy to see
Now if you wanna serve above
Or be a King below with us
You're welcome to the city
Where your future is set
FoREVeR

Currently playing:
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Gears of War
Oblivion
Dragon Age: Awakening
Metro 2033
Call of Duty: Black Ops

Currently Reading:
Life Expectancy - Dean Koontz
Tripwire/The Enemy - Lee Child

Sasha

I don't have a problem with you joining on our ship ...

Were you thinking of playing a character that was captured or another pirate working along beside us ?

Send me a PM ...and we can talk .

I will move my character over to the accepted characters thread here soon Kate ..am up visiting my daughter in MI for the next 3 weeks so my internet timing is changing a bit . Right now ..I am working on papaer machete hearts to surprise Mom and Dad with for valentines day. Let me tell you it is a slight mess ..LMAO...I forgot how big of a mess it seems. Its okay the fingerpainting is going to be done in the garage ..since I got the dining room finally cleaned up from the flour/water paste . But hey making a pinata filled with delightful chocolates is a blast .

KoH

Name: Mikhail 'Fane' Imber

Physical Characteristics:  6'2", 187lbs.

Sexuality: Straight.

Languages spoken: English, Russian

Personality: Fane's very aggressive. He tends to swear a lot and is rather quick to anger when things don't go his way or he doesn't like someone's opinion or a conversation. He's known to overreact about the simplest things. He's a ruthless, cold-blooded, macabre killer... and his personality changes very little in the bedroom. He's aggressive, dominant, and doesn't care whether the other person cares or not.

He favours shotguns and high-caliber pistols as weapons... as well as usually carrying a knife. He tends to carry more than enough supplies and ammunition, and if ever there's something heavy that needs carrying, without question, Fane is the one to do it.

After he was implanted with his prosthetic limb, he became even more ruthless due to the nature of its ability - the ability to switch between three different modes - a powerful yet innaccurate shotgun, a normal, metallic human hand, and a massive hydraulic claw that launches at powerful speeds.

Background: Fane was born from a one night stand between a female Russian infiltration commando, and a British ship Captain. His mother used sex to get the information her commanding officer needed, and, unfortunately, managed to get pregnant whilst doing it. She was given maternal leave (but kept on the ship) and given a reasonably large sum of money to keep her and Fane alive until she could work again.

Fane and his mother lived happily together for nearly six years until she was announced KIA during a mission to infiltrate a pirate ship. For the next six years, he would be looked after by the abusive Captain of the Hydra, a small government vessel that had previously only accommodated the Captain and Fane's mother - the two had been in a heavy sexual relationship, and the Captain still believed Fane to be his own child.

At the age of twelve, the Hydra crashed on a human colony, causing Fane to lose his adoptive father and left arm. It was replaced with the prosthetic mentioned above, and was implanted with special minerals that caused it to grow along with Fane's body. Fane spent the next four years there, training in the commando arts, and causing the inhabitants of the colony much grief through his anger and hatred.

At the age of sixteen, Fane felt he was strong enough to begin a career as a vigilante, surviving on criminals' loot. During the middle of the night, he seized a fighter jet that had landed on the colony, and did a quick missile run, killing a few hundred people, before flying off.

His typical career idea was abandoned before long when Fane was found by a group of pirates who promised him money, food, and a place to sleep if they helped them with their heists. Fane agrees, and that was the beginning of his pirate life.
O/O

I don't believe in fairy tales
Where no-one wants to go to hell
You made the wrong decision
And it's easy to see
Now if you wanna serve above
Or be a King below with us
You're welcome to the city
Where your future is set
FoREVeR

Currently playing:
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Gears of War
Oblivion
Dragon Age: Awakening
Metro 2033
Call of Duty: Black Ops

Currently Reading:
Life Expectancy - Dean Koontz
Tripwire/The Enemy - Lee Child

Vandren

Marcus Dobrin

Race: Human (Upgrade)
Allegiance: Pirates

Genetic Upgrades: Enhanced hand-eye coordination, reflexes, and agility (still within human range of capability)
Other Alterations: Nano-mods (implant communicator, HUD output on the inner cornea of both eyes; comm lets him remotely interface with any comm equipped computer on the same frequency whose encryption he knows)
Skills: Technician, armourer, combatant
- Piloting: can back a medium freighter-size ship out of dock, but not much more; can pilot a shuttle-sized craft with fair to good skill
Flaws: not a particularly great leader, tends toward being hyperactive, majorly enhanced metabolism (side effect of his genetic upgrades; means he consumes a lot of food/water, but burns it up fast too).

Description:  Basically the pic, hair usually pulled back in a tail or braid.  Marcus stands about 5’11”, 180-200 lbs. and moved with an inherent grace.  He typically wears tailored (spiderweave) armor cargo pants and a t-shirt.  For boarding and related purposes, he favors flexible tailored armor (usually spiderweave or advanced kevlar).  He has an armored duster for planetside and some piecemeal bits of heavier biphase carbide armor if he needs extra coverage.  In many ways, he is a classic pirate in terms of gear.  Marcus loads himself up for boarding actions with multiple pistols (blasters and electromag) and knives (including his favorite monowire tanto, which he carries constantly).  His personal armoury also includes a vibro-wakizashi, a shoto bokken-style stun baton, one blaster carbine, and a snub barreled EM SMG.  HE likes to keep a stash of flash-bang grenades when he can get ahold of them, or get some time to make them.  Every firearm has an HUD sight and comm linked into his nanomods.

Background: Marcus’ parents wanted to have an athletic child, so they paid for a basic genetic upgrade before he was born.  The same modifications, for hand-eye coordination and agility, later gave their child an edge in piloting and the combat arts.  Roughly seven years after he was born, the family ran afoul of pirates.  Fortunately, the young boy was taken as a captive and made a cabin boy-servant for the second-in-command.  He was treated reasonably well, as much as can be said for the second lowest social ladder rung of such a ship.  Still, Marcus learned the life and picked up key skills quickly.

His naturally dexterous fingers were practically made for fiddling with weapon components and armor electronics, so he found himself apprenticed to the ship’s armourer.  Marcus was made a full member of the crew at fifteen, with a half share of any swag.  However, eight years on the ship was enough for the young man to realize that the crew was more lucky than skilled or smart.  He jumped ship two years later for a better crew and ship.  He found such a ship not long after his desertion, with a story about the rest of his former crew being picked up by station security far enough away to make checking not worth the effort.  For the last decades, give or take, he’s been with his second ship/crew.

Kate

Mikhail 'Fane' Imber
Miki Kihara
Marcus Dobrin
all approved

Kate

TheVillain

And changed, if you still need an engineer.

Kate

OOC

Nim

Hello Kate,

Not long after I respectfully dropped out of the application process for your story I received a very kind PM from Sasha ask me to reconsider coming back because she had an idea for an lizard man char that was captured and is in stasis on her ship.  So with that in mind I present an new character for your consideration.

Name: Garsil
Species: Nartelli
Sexual pref: Heterosexual

Background:  captured while sharing a drink with some friends currently in stasis.  Before his capture Garsil had just begun a lucrative career as a smuggler/bounty hunter.  Generally Garsil had always been a happy go lucky sort of guy.  With a very good sense of humor.  Very pleasant and fun to be with if you didn't mind his odd looks.  After being captured and put into stasis who can say what his mind set may be... we'll just have to find out.

Kate

Why someone would want to play a character like that - is beyond me -
but if it doesn't put off other players - then approved :)
(unless others have issues with it )

:D

Nim

It is called having imagination my dear... but I shall await and see what happens.  :)

Sasha

Oh come on Kate ... the lizardman is cute ...look at that tongue ...and he has a tail ... the bottom part is human anyways ...and well endowed . So he is a little scaly on top. Those deep black eyes are dreamy ...isn't that what every girl dreams of . Being lost in a man eyes ...

Oh had he has the tall part down ....maybe the dark ....just not the handsome one. *coughs*

Kate

lol ok sasha - if anyone loves him i do also :)

Welcome aboard.

Hmm come to think of it I have day dreams of being an octupus in my next life sometimes ...

MagicalPen

Still room for more in this one or am I too late?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Sasha

Hey Eeyore ...

I am sure you can add a pirate ...its a big mother ship anyways . Just don't loose your tail .

Giggles ..

Nim

Thank you Kate.  Do you want me to post my character on the char: thread or leave it here.  Erm Sasha... someone with a tail and a tongue that long could not possibly help but have a dark side...

Muahahahaha!!!

MagicalPen

Any specific roles need filling? I keep my tail in a jar these days.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Kate

yes to all ...

ok lizard man - feel free to just jump into role playing - if you do get board of the character but still want to role play in the thread with another pm me and we can work something out.

donkey ... feel free to post a profile your welcome to join us the roles are very loose atm

BlackFistKronos

Kate,

easiest way I found myself in rp is to make a character which is friends/enemies/anyhow related to another character. I was thinking of making my character either rival yours or be a shipmate/friends with yours.

Here's my idea:

Name: Rio Valantino

Physical Characteristics:  6'2", 187lbs.

Sexuality: Straight.

Languages spoken: English, Spainish

Personality: Rio is a very renegade personality; very stubborn, very much wanting to get his way most of the time. When 'good', he's passionate, caring, and a powerful ally. The same passion can make him very aggressive in combat, and very lustful in sexual situations. Some may even describe him as a nympo, sex addict, or 'horn dog'.

His signature weapon is actually a combation of many different parts from many different assault rifles. Due to its signature, yet common, cold black paint, the rifle is called 'Ebony'.

His backup weapon varies, and he usually replaces and upgrades this very often. He's been known to switch from high cailbur revolvers to even minature shotguns to be held on a hip holster.

The constant in his arsenal is always the same long length combat knife strapped across his chest, used for close quarter combat and various other purposes.

Finally, his look isn't complete without some sort of face covering mask. He owns half a dozen masks and his favorite pastime (other than sex when the opportunity arises) is painting them with various colors and designs.

Background:

Born of a military tradition. Past fathers were special forces. The family tradition was that at least one child from that generation would enter the military to uphold the tradition. Rio, being the elder brother of 3 other sisters, was the only option.

His military career, however, was short lived after beating nearly to death a commanding officer. A direct CO, not so bad. A 3 star general, who's ego was 10 times the capacity of his combat skills, that's a different matter. A 3 month trial prevented Rio from getting the firing squad right then and there.

After the dishonorable discharge, the only work where his combat skills were of any use was in the private sector. PMC's, as they are called, are fancy coporate entities that house mercenaries, soldiers and specops for hire. That career showed high amounts of luck. 5 years of various service and various jobs helped him reap the monetary benefits: protection, escort, assualt, assasination, you name it, he did it.

The job that shaped his destiny forever was the simplest of all. He simply was ordered to provide security for a supply transport. The transport was a prime target for pirates, and Rio knew he would see some action. Sure enough, a band of pirates led by Natasha boards the transport. Rio's medgar team assigned to the ship provided only small resistance to the boarding party, and after only a few moments, all of Rio's comrades were killed, and the crew easily slaughtered.

Rio only survived on instinct and a sharp trigger finger alone. His kills were few, but his tactics did suppress the pirates from coming closer to him. The last stand had to end, however, when Rio simply ran out of ammunition. Natasha, witnessing Rio's combat abilities, held off the rest of the pirates from killing him outright. From there, negotiation for Rio's life turned into a job offer aboard her pirate ship.

To Rio, the offer was a no brainer. Take another job, or die...tell me you wouldn't pick the same thing.

Kate

a rival would be hot you can that other character (who was tied up and escaped) could team together to seek to control the ship for yourselfs.

Inboard fighting on the ship sounds hot :)

BlackFistKronos

alright. I'll set him up as a rival character. Who's team should he start the story affiliated with? Or should he be on his own team?

Vandren

Well, my character's currently on his own, with a ship of four to five other pirates (all NPCs for the time being).

BlackFistKronos

Well unless people suggest otherwise, Rio can be part of Marcus' crew. I'm sure the guy wouldn't say no to another gun.

Kate

Vandren

I'm putting an open spot for Rio to jump in into my next post.

BlackFistKronos

Quote from: Vandren on February 24, 2010, 12:24:17 PM
I'm putting an open spot for Rio to jump in into my next post.

Perfect. Rio's in. You can post whatever you want Rio's entrance to be, and I'll start playing off of that. Thanks for letting me join.

Vandren

My most recent IC post has Marcus reporting the presence of a living being over his comm.  Anyone on his ship's frequency should pick that part up.  Depending on Rio's location, I'm guessing he could arrive in seconds or minutes, your call.

BlackFistKronos

Minutes would work just fine. His excuse could be finishing up the paintjob on one of his masks.

Oh, and if you don't mind, could Marcus have been the one that modded Rio's rifle to have the gun coverted from clip fed to belt fed?

Vandren

Dragonfly7022003

If you guys have room for another, how about this char

Name : Sara 44
Race : Human
Physical Characteristics :  5’-10” , 125 lbs
Sexuality : bi-sexual
Languages spoken : Spanish, French, Chinese, Japanese, & English

Background: Sara 44 is her name she is the best of the best, a military company known at Kentax began to experiment with super solders. They breed them from the best stock of warrior blood lines. From a baby there life begins with training, walking at the age of 1 year, and learning to obey orders no mater what they are. At the age of 6 years she knew how to disassemble, reassemble and clean 300 different weapons blind folded, she knew how to fight in hand to hand combat and how to kill using it and fell nothing for the things she killed. A main teaching was that emotion makes a solder weak. At 14 she was made to watch death, wars, animals murdered in front of her eyes, and some of her own classmates. She was made to kill and show no remorse for her actions when she was 15 she took her first human life.

Formal education begins at this age, training in advanced math, Science, Navigation, basic mechanics, first aid, tactics, start ship combat and star fighter tactics, they also  began a gen therapy that made them stronger faster, able to take more dmage and keep going. At 18 years of age all Solders are given a name and a number it is tattooed on there shoulder along with every battle they have fought in, they are also given cybernetics based on there individual profile, usually desisted by the buyer. 

Sara 44 was given several implants in to her brain, allowing her to hack in to enemy computer systems and gain info on building layout, and any information that may seam valuable. She could download whole memory banks to be retrieved later.  Also her right eye was replaced with a biotic one, allowing her to site her gun at the hip, see in night vision, and a map of the area was displayed with her currant location.

The groups of created super solders were code named GM4, they were hard to sale, because of there high price tag, they only sold one batch to Earth. The company was on the verge of bankrupts, when on a large human colony a group of mad men took a building with 50 people inside hostage. They were well armed and were ready to kill, the government sent in the GM4’s in, Sara was the leader of the squad, they moved in and took out the group of terrorist and saved the day all over the galaxy, images of Sara’s team were put on media, showing them walking out of the front of the building with all the civilians and a small child in Sara’s arms.  The picture and video became famous over night.

The name GM4 and Kentax was soon everywhere, private protection companies and governments wanted them, Kentax was rolling in money, making there solders for everybody who could pay, in military battles the GM4’s were the victors, Sara the most fames of all the GM4’s served in 5 campaigns on 20 different sectors. Then unthinkable happened, a group of hackers managed to tap in to the HM4’s mental cybernetics, and turned them on there owners and then released them in to a civilian colony they were to protect, they gave them the order kill all life. 300 men women and childern died at there hands, then 200 normal solders were killed trying to retake the planet.

Kentax was devastated faced with lawsuits suing for money from families of the desisted, the company finally went under, and by government order all the remaining HM4’s were put in cryosleep, then killed in the most humanly way they saw fit.  But some how Sara 44 survived and so she lies in cryosleep waiting to be woken up.

Personality: She is cold and military like seams to have no personality. She dose not seam to understand human emotion, but she is human. When she is not fighting she eats sleeps and works out, and between them she is sitting on the end of her bunk waiting for the next order from the commander.   

Equipment:
Weapons and Armor

P90TR Automatic Rail Gun w/ mounted Grenade launcher

GSG4 Spec Hand Gun

Black Handle Combat Knife

Plastec Impact Plate Armor

Flash Bang Grenades

Cybernetics and Bionics

RD2 Mental Computer w/ increased storage capacity

Bionic Eye w/ Night Vision and Cross hair site

Kate

omg i forgot all about this thread ! - thanks for reminding me :)

Kate

little flat out in rl atm i will try and get back to this when i can - sorry for this being frozen for so long