Pathfinder 1E Games that are 'Normal'?

Started by National Acrobat, January 19, 2020, 10:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

National Acrobat

Love Pathfinder 1e, but there seems to be a lack of games on the board that are just 'normal' fantasy Pathfinder games, i.e. they all seem to be heavily non-con or unusual in many aspects. I'd love to get into a Pathfinder game that is just a normal, fantasy game with a group of good guys who go out and defeat the bad guys, do good deeds, maybe have some political intrigue or go on a massive quest and have fun along the way. Any such games out there, that are looking for players?

Endorphin

I'm interested in a game like this; where the focus is something other than smut.
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

Muse

Always fun.  Do you want a truly no smut game, or just one where it doesn't dominate, maybe is welcome but always gets side-barred?
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Wargtass

Quote from: Muse on January 19, 2020, 05:30:50 PM
  Always fun.  Do you want a truly no smut game, or just one where it doesn't dominate, maybe is welcome but always gets side-barred?

This is a very important question. We are on E after all and if I want a smutless/non-romance PF game I could just call the tabletop group together.
O/O

National Acrobat

Quote from: Muse on January 19, 2020, 05:30:50 PM

No, I welcome the smut. What I don't want is a game where smut is the constant focus, or there is non-con, or erotic slaves of party members that slow down the actual adventure. I like erotic games, but more along the lines of players hook up, have relationships, and the smut is resolved in side threads, while the actual adventure progresses in a typical, normal fantasy game manner.

nomadsoul

Oh, sounds like just about what I've been looking to do.  If anyone is interested, I'll volunteer to GM a game set in the locale of Sandpoint and its hinterlands in the PF setting.  Is this of interest?

Endorphin

Quote from: nomadsoul on January 19, 2020, 11:03:57 PM
Oh, sounds like just about what I've been looking to do.  If anyone is interested, I'll volunteer to GM a game set in the locale of Sandpoint and its hinterlands in the PF setting.  Is this of interest?

I'd certainly like to hear more about the idea.
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

nomadsoul

The basic idea will be that this is set in the aftermath of the Rise of the Runelords AP.  The characters (locals or new arrivals) may be looking to make their fortunes as Thassilonian relic hunters, or they might have other business in town.  Given that the town is undergoing economic boom, they could also just be there to start a new life.

The overall course of the adventure is a transition from struggles to get established to being caught up in the underlying issue that keeps on drawing problems to the region, so this would be a from level 1 to as far as we get (god knows the sourcebook on the region includes CR 1 all the way to a CR 20 threat).

In addition to bad guys that need to be smited, there's options for anyone that wants to become involved in the local politics of the region.  There's some realestate up for grabs too.

Endorphin

The premise sounds really good, nomadsoul.

How many players would you like to recruit and what kind of character guidelines do you have?

nomadsoul

I'm thinking 4-6 players, though I haven't really worked out build guidelines apart from a level 1 start.

Chulanowa

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

National Acrobat

Quote from: nomadsoul on January 20, 2020, 12:08:14 AM
The basic idea will be that this is set in the aftermath of the Rise of the Runelords AP.  The characters (locals or new arrivals) may be looking to make their fortunes as Thassilonian relic hunters, or they might have other business in town.  Given that the town is undergoing economic boom, they could also just be there to start a new life.

The overall course of the adventure is a transition from struggles to get established to being caught up in the underlying issue that keeps on drawing problems to the region, so this would be a from level 1 to as far as we get (god knows the sourcebook on the region includes CR 1 all the way to a CR 20 threat).

In addition to bad guys that need to be smited, there's options for anyone that wants to become involved in the local politics of the region.  There's some realestate up for grabs too.

I’d be interested in this for sure.

Wargtass

It seems a hero was found and the name is nomadsoul.  ;D

Do tell whenever a recruitment thread is put up! I am definitely interested.
O/O

Tavarokk

Quote from: nomadsoul on January 20, 2020, 12:08:14 AM
The basic idea will be that this is set in the aftermath of the Rise of the Runelords AP.
Could you summarize the state of affairs in the region in a manner that would keep the AP spoilers to the minimum?

nomadsoul

Quote from: Tavarokk on January 20, 2020, 12:31:36 PM
Could you summarize the state of affairs in the region in a manner that would keep the AP spoilers to the minimum?
Basically, the region of Varisia used to be a sleepy backwoods country, littered with massive ruins of a long forgotten empire called Thassilon - previously it was assumed to belong to the ethnic Varisians before they became gypsy-esque nomads.  In early 4707 (present date mid 4708), an ancient wizard of Thassilon seemingly came back to life, causing various evils to stir in response to his presence, and made a bid to conquer the region to rebuild the ancient empire, using enslaved giants and dragons, as well as otherworldly creatures.  The attempt was thwarted by a group that had their beginnings in Sandpoint.  It has since been discovered that Thassilon was not an empire belonging to the Varisians, but to exiles from the legendary sunken continent of Azlant.  Infamously, it was an empire built on the concept of wizardry distilled through the seven deadly sins, and its rulers (now known as the Runelords) were among the most powerful (and evil) wizards of their day, who enslaved entire nations of giants to build their empire (and thus accounting for the massive size of the ancient ruins).  The defeated wizard has since been identified as Karzoug, the Runelord of Greed (transmutation magic).

Interest in this ancient culture has skyrocketed, and a budding industry based on relic hunting has started, whilst the Pathfinder Society has begun investing more into the region, basing themselves in Magnimar (the largest city in Varisia, situated some 50 odd miles south-west of Sandpoint).  As one of the settlements closest to the 'heartlands' of Varisia (as well as the reputation garnered for being the former of home of the heroes who defeated the awakened Runelord), Sandpoint has become a hub for would be treasure hunters, if not scoundrels.  The increased traffic has also caused the town to expand, thus creating a demand for a larger skilled workforce that has brought immigrants in.

Whilst this is a period of excitement, there is also an undercurrent of worry in the region regarding the fate of the remaining Runelords - are they dead or are they a threat that will eventually emerge like the last one?  Though Karzoug is dead, problems continue to arise in and around Sandpoint, making people wonder if another Runelord might be about to awaken.

Tavarokk

Yeah, sound interesting, I'll think on a possible character.

Wargtass

What do you have in mind for restrictions as far as classes and races go?
O/O

National Acrobat

Having successfully played through Rise of the Runelords as a player in my tabletop group, this appeals greatly to me.

TFcommando

I'd like to play a character who is very open about sex and sexuality, like a sorceress flaunting taboos and wearing skimpy, fetish-y outfits... but it's not something she does in the main scene, since that's action-based.  And perhaps a good-aligned noblewoman who is presenting as a "bad" sorceress and acting this way while adventuring, since she can't in her stifling, upright, uptight noble lifestyle.  Or who just IS like that.  "Good" doesn't have to mean "goody-goody" after all!
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

helvorn

This would be fun!  I'd like to play a rogue in this setting.  I've always wanted to play the Runelords AP but this would be a fun take on it in the aftermath.  It definitely seems like a setting where the characters can matter.

Chulanowa

Quote from: helvorn on January 20, 2020, 09:45:15 PM
This would be fun!  I'd like to play a rogue in this setting.  I've always wanted to play the Runelords AP but this would be a fun take on it in the aftermath.  It definitely seems like a setting where the characters can matter.

Oh thank god, someone else willing to play rogue  XD I so often get stuck playing hte thigns for some reason.

As for races, I'm sure there's some sort of middle ground... like personally I like playing small races and occasionally delve into weird oddballs like Ratfolk or Goblins or whatever, but then it's always a little weird to have a random android or Triaxian show up or something.

TFcommando

Perhaps an Taldan noblewoman, stifled and bored by the decadent and sexist society, adventuring and fronting as a wicked Chelixan sorceress! 
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

nomadsoul

Welcome to all newcomers!  On that note, I think there's more than enough interest here without needing to start up a new recruitment thread.  If anyone wants to invite someone else, feel free.

To once again, to reiterate Acrobat's wishes, the focus here is more on adventuring - there are no rampaging hordes of horny monsters looking to ravish and despoil, and practically none of the 'defeat-equals-rape' handed out in spades - if you're looking for the sexy, you're free to do it in your own time, as long as it doesn't disrupt the flow of the adventure.

My idea is to play this out by Adventure and Downtime modes.  When in 'Adventure' mode, there's a quest at hand and the focus should be there for the most part.  With the adventure done, we enter 'Downtime' mode and things take a more sedate slice-of-life pace and the PCs can enjoy lives a bit, sort out personal affairs, visit brothels or a local sweetheart, or what have you.  Until the start of the next episode of adventure.

I'm going to focus this campaign solely in Sandpoint and its surrouning area, so we have an unspoken agreement not to venture elsewhere unless that's where a quest is going (which will be relatively brief).

The final build guidelines will be as follows:

• Ability Scores: 25-points buy.
  • Races: Core + Aasimar, Changeling, Dhamphir, Skinwalker, Tiefling
  • Alignment: Any non-Evil.
  • Classes: Any official Paizo. (Barbarian, Monk, Rogue, Summoner use unchained versions)
  • Starting Level: 1st.
  • Hp: Max at 1st level. 1/2 HD + 1 at every other level.
  • Traits: Adult (2). Middle-Age (5). 1 extra trait if Flaw is taken.
  • Background Skills: Yes.
  • Starting Equipment/Wealth: Average for class.

For any included backgrounds, best to keep it brief and humble at this point (as befits a 1st level PC), incorporating your traits and starting equipment into it.  I'm more interested to know the personalities of the individuals at hand and what I can expect from them - so, detail what they're like, how they react, and/or what they do during:

• An average day in town.
  • During moments of severe stress (combat, sudden betrayal, socially ridiculed, etc...)
  • Motivation to get out of bed every day.
  • Things they hate/fear.

Wargtass

Quote from: nomadsoul on January 20, 2020, 11:07:50 PM
  • Races: Core + Aasimar, Changeling, Dhamphir, Skinwalker, Tiefling

This is what I secretly was hoping for! I've had a tiefling itch I have wanted to scratch for too long. >:) Consider me determined to make the cut! ;D
O/O

TFcommando

Thinking maybe Human Unchained Summoner with a Genie, same basic concept.  Inspired by the fact I've done a sorceress so many times before... and this pic!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Tavarokk

The concepts I'm eyeing for now:
- a fae-touched weirdo from one the local elven communities, likely a support caster type druid
- a petty thief from Magnimar moving over to seek fortune
- a daughter of a well-off Sandpoint family who had a huge quarrel with them about her life choices and jumped head first into pursuit of excitement. A bard or a swashbuckler, maybe.
Quote from: nomadsoul on January 20, 2020, 11:07:50 PM
and practically none of the 'defeat-equals-rape' handed out in spades
To clarify, is this 'no rape at all' or 'realistic (happens when makes sense according to normal logic)'? The latter would be nice. No need for actual screen time, just that it's a possible outcome, depending on what the party's like and whom they're fighting.

Also, how do you feel about xenophilia and bestiality?

Chulanowa

I am 100% certain I want to go with a solid melee character - Cavalier, fighter, paladin, ranger, something like that.

Unless I find a really good druid or witch image I guess. But hey, druids can melee too i guess.

Tavarokk

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 21, 2020, 02:26:48 AM
Unless I find a really good druid or witch image I guess. But hey, druids can melee too i guess.
Blendercats are na-a-asty.

nomadsoul

Quote from: Tavarokk on January 21, 2020, 02:02:47 AM
To clarify, is this 'no rape at all' or 'realistic (happens when makes sense according to normal logic)'? The latter would be nice. No need for actual screen time, just that it's a possible outcome, depending on what the party's like and whom they're fighting.
Realistic as you put it.

Quote from: Tavarokk on January 21, 2020, 02:02:47 AM
Also, how do you feel about xenophilia and bestiality?
Personally?  No problem whatsoever.  For this game, however, I wouldn't build a character entirely around it.

Angie

I have a Sorcerer I can throw in. Gotta get my Dragon Blooded in there somewhere!
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Chulanowa

Quote from: Tavarokk on January 21, 2020, 02:31:26 AM
Blendercats are na-a-asty.

Well, i DID find a druid i wanna play. Downside is, it's a kobold, so it'll have to wait for another game  ;D

Also just to put it out there, anyone interested in playing either side of a size-difference pairing?

National Acrobat

I am looking at a magus or a cloistered cleric as my concepts.

National Acrobat

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 21, 2020, 03:14:36 AM
Well, i DID find a druid i wanna play. Downside is, it's a kobold, so it'll have to wait for another game  ;D

Also just to put it out there, anyone interested in playing either side of a size-difference pairing?

I love playing opposite short gals.

Wargtass

Healers needed it sounds like. Tiefling Witch it is.  ;D
O/O

Tavarokk

Are we using any kind of feat tax rules?

Quote from: Wargtass on January 21, 2020, 09:27:10 AM
Healers needed it sounds like. Tiefling Witch it is.  ;D
Likely making a healer here, too.

Chulanowa

Quote from: National Acrobat on January 21, 2020, 06:12:38 AM
I love playing opposite short gals.

Right on. Got some halflings and dwarves queued up.

Angie

I did a short post last night but now that I'm actually awake, I do have a Sorcerer basically ready to go. Might need to redo some of her skill points and what not depending on how we're asked to build them (I think this was rolled up, so regardless I'll rebuild her in the requested way) and I can toss in the lovely Tinalia von Grazen.

National Acrobat

First off, I’d like to thank Nomadsoul for offering to run this.

I’m going to go with my Spell Dancer Magus, an elf named Andurain. I will have the sheet, etc done this evening after work.

Wargtass

I had a bit of a wacky idea while finalizing my witch sheet; I have a raven as a familiar. Would it be too much if I bought a whole bunch of pet ravens just to obfuscate my familiar? They are 2gp a pop so sure, it's a bit expensive for something so minor (not to mention possible feed cost) but with a Death patron it is kind of fitting.

You know what, I'll buy them regardless, along with a scary costume. My witch is now a drama major and diva.  ;D
O/O

Tavarokk

Suitable image search has been kind to me today.
Appearance

That aside, how do we actually meet?

nomadsoul

Quote from: Tavarokk on January 22, 2020, 04:36:10 AM
That aside, how do we actually meet?
Good point Tavarokk!  Here's some ideas:

• Sharing a table on a crowded night at the Rusty Dragon.
  • Met on the road/boat travelling up from Magnimar.
  • Fended off a minor goblin attack on the road together whilst traveling to Sandpoint.
  • Distant relations.
  • Work/labour buddies.
  • Eyed the same job on the 'Help Wanted' board in the Rusty Dragon.
At this point, we can assume that anyone not native to Sandpoint has been there for at least a week before the game starts.

Tavarokk

Well, my char originally set out from Sanos forest (where she grew up) to eventually visit Mierani forest (one of four elven states), passing through Sandpoint and, possibly, Magnimar on the way. So meeting on the road (with or without goblins being involved) or at the Rustry Dragon works for me.

National Acrobat

I have a couple of images I can use for Andurain, any preferences?

Appearance

Appearance2

Andurain is originally from Kyonin, but prefers Magnimar, where he's been based for awhile. Being a Magus, he's interested in learning and collecting magical lore, and knows Thassilonian, and is interested in finding lore from Thassilon to increase his magical knowledge.

Being first level, he's only done rudimentary exploration, and with the right people, could see that changing. He's an affable fellow, prone to spending an evening reading a book as much as he is listening to a bard sing in a tavern, or playing a game of cards.

Tavarokk

2nd's better, I think. Should fit nicely after lvl 7-ish (whenever magi get medium armor prof) ^_^

From your description he sounds like a young adult, by elven measure, who decided what they want to do with their life (at least for the time being) some months/years ago? Idylai (my char) is somewhat similar, except she has no idea what she's looking for yet.

Also, what made him train as a magus rather than wizard/arcanist, if he's a scholar?

Angie

I have a sheet ready to go for when applications open. A Bronze Dragon Sorcerer without any damage spells...for now. We'll see how things shake out!

Wargtass

I have a sheet ready as well, but I need to actually put my ideas of the background and such together to some little ditty.
O/O

nomadsoul

Quote from: Angie on January 22, 2020, 02:12:22 PM
I have a sheet ready to go for when applications open. A Bronze Dragon Sorcerer without any damage spells...for now. We'll see how things shake out!
Applications are open.  Everyone can start posting sheets. ;D

Tavarokk

Waiting for reply about feyspeaker and feat taxes before I get started on crunch.

National Acrobat

Andurain
Male Elf Sword Dancer Magus

A not so detailed background, sheet linked

Appearance

Andurain is originally from Kyonin, but prefers Magnimar, where he's been based for awhile. He's interested in learning and collecting magical lore, and knows Thassilonian, and is interested in finding lore from Thassilon to increase his magical knowledge. He chose the path of the Sword Dancer Magus due to it's merging of magic, sword play and artistic and mobility. Unlike warriors who also practice magic, or eldritch knights, the Sword Dancer is an art form and epitomizes what elven culture, even in war, is about. He's a hundred and twenty five years old and has spent the last week or so in Sandpoint, coming over from Magnimar to seek knowledge, or at least to learn about the local lore surrounding the recent events.

Thassilonian magic and it's associated relics offers a chance to learn and study magical traditions that are literally ancient, and have not been seen in full force in almost ten thousand years. Sandpoint was the sight of several extraordinary events recently, and Andurain is eager to see if there are any locales or sites in the area that are ripe for exploration.

His parents are elven emissaries from Kyonin to Magnimar, and he prefers Varisia to Kyonin. He's not totally a novice, having done some simple adventuring and spending time guarding caravans.

He's nearly six feet tall, and has blond hair, violet eyes, and wears leather lamellar armor, and carries a longsword and a leafblade.

He spent time in his youth learning the art of forging blades, and hopes to one day create his own blade.

Being first level, he's only done rudimentary exploration, and with the right people, could see that changing. He's an affable fellow, prone to spending an evening reading a book as much as he is listening to a bard sing in a tavern, or playing a game of cards.

Angie

Tinalia von Grazen

Tinalia was a curious child in many ways. When she was young, people noticed that her hair grew in purple without any outside assistance to help her. She herself had a curious mind, hungry for knowledge, which eventually ended with her becoming apprentice to an alchemist at the mere age of 10. She swiftly displayed an aptitude for the art, and her family, primarily being merchants (though they were no great house, nor affiliated with one) sought to introduce her to the magical scholars of Riddleport. While Tinalia likely had some magical ability, without any way to prove it (and she had none), any proposals were swiftly rejected.

One day, however, a travelling troupe of performers lost control of one of their animals, which began to rampage towards a scared group of children. Frozen in fear, the children watched as the animal charged towards them. In a moment of courage, Tinalia threw herself in front of the children, directly in the path of the oncoming beast, and out of nowhere, she cast her very first spell: Color Spray. The dazzling lights knocked the creature unconscious, and the children were unharmed.

Tinalia's act spread quickly, and soon, many factions sought to gain control of the girl and her burgeoning magical talent. But she decided that she simply did not want to be involved with any of the groups trying to get her to join them, and instead, secretly, she acquired a mule and some supplies, and simply left one day, telling only her close family-who were, while sad, understanding that she wanted to find her place, and she did not believe it was anywhere in Riddleport. She followed the coastline south, eventually reaching the town of Sandpoint. Down to her last silver piece, she is eager to find work and establish herself-as either a merchant, or a hero.

TFcommando

What's the status of herms in the game, and world? 
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Tavarokk

Quote from: TFcommando on January 23, 2020, 02:45:25 AM
world?
At the very least, some outsiders are that, and races with outsider origins can inhert this trait. It's definitely one of possible tiefling mutations. I don't remember what variants aasimars have, but given that some angels are also sexually ambiguous, I'd expect them to qualify as well.

nomadsoul

Quote from: TFcommando on January 23, 2020, 02:45:25 AM
What's the status of herms in the game, and world?
Not sure what the official verdict is, but I'll have them be rare, but not unheard of.  No one expects one, but you won't get lambasted for revealing it.  Some inviduals won't like it, some will love it, most will be at least okay with it.

National Acrobat

Quote from: Tavarokk on January 22, 2020, 11:26:01 AM

Also, what made him train as a magus rather than wizard/arcanist, if he's a scholar?

Sword Dancer. Blending art, magic and sword fighting into a single style.

Chulanowa

Will have to get my concept consolidated after work. I'm looking at a cavalier, fighter, swashbuckler, and Bolt Ace gunslinger, respectively:

Angie

If nothing else, I'm sure Alter Self will make at least a few more okay with the idea of "people with strange bits".

Tavarokk

Idylai

If one had to describe Idylai in a single word, it most assuredly would be 'weirdo' - even among other elves, to say nothing of human realms. This, of course, is entirely unsurprising, given her origin: daughter to a reclusive druidess and a passing fancy of hers, Idylai spent the entirety of her youth within the confines of the Sanos forest, with animals and more affable fey such as pixies, dryads and fauns making up most of her social circle. The rest of it was gnomes from the local communities of that restless folk, which wasn't necessarily any better.

Yet to choose her calling and brimming with curiosity about the outside world, the young elf decided that she would undertake a piligrimage of sorts to the nearest elven states, Kyonin and Mierani forest, starting with the latter as the closer of the two. To that end, she and her friend Yon, a wolf from a pack that lived next to them, sailed down the Yondabakari river along with a group of gnomish traders, disembarking some two thrids of the way to Magnimar and heading north to Sandpoint, at which point she found herself in the middle of the whole Thessalonian legacy excitement and inevitably got side-tracked.

One beneficial side effect of this was that the influx of strangers made it much easier for her to fit in, at least to a degree. Although the combination of affectionate demeanor, beauty and serene patience helped Idylai make favourable first impressions, her lack of familiarity with so many things others took for granted lent itself to various awkward situations, sometimes exacerbated by the girl's absent-mindedness with regards to 'trivial matters'. Well, at least the patrons of the inn she was staying at seemed to approve of her predisposition towards forgetting to put the entirety of her attire on before setting out, especially when it was something like a skirt or a shirt missing rather then merely the second stocking. The other relatively common issue that has kept tripping the locals up was Idylai's casual acceptance of violence and death. Apparently, tales of her youth could get a little too morbid by local standards, and also rather uncharacteristic for elves, who usually feel transience of the others' existence more acutely than that of their own.

Regardless, her stay in Sandpoint so far has been a positive experience full of new impressions, so Idylai has been considering extending this diversion further before heading further north along the coast.

Wargtass

Bodicca the Bodacious

Bodicca don't remember much of her childhood. It was a lot of travelling from spot to spot and being chased away by angry villagers with torches and pitchforks, which one time ended up with them catching up and her whole family getting killed. She managed to escape into the wilds, stumbling about in the dark and finally tripping on a root and knocking herself out on a stone. The cliche'd amnesia followed and she woke up in a tiny hut in the forest with an old hag looming over her.

Wicca the Wicked Witch was a very old lady. Her name wasn't Wicca (it was Marabel), she wasn't wicked (just a little stern and recluse) and she wasn't a witch (more of a wise old healer). But she had a wart on her nose and a rather unfortunate laugh and this she had been deemed a witch and banished from Sandpoint a long long time ago. With her lived two 'apprentices', Veronica and Angelica, girls who wanted to be witches, for some reason. No matter how many times Wicca had told them that she wasn't a witch, they had stuck around, thinking that it was a test of their faith or some such. The old woman had finally relented and begun teaching them her old wise ways of healing, calling it witchcraft.

Wicca, Veronica, Angelica and the newly named Bodicca now lived together in the little hut. The young tiefling quickly realized that the witchcraft that was being done was more so rubbing leaves on wounds and making hearty chicken soups. Wicca quickly came to rely on her to actually be useful (the other two not so much) and Bodicca spent most of her days picking herbs or dressing up like forest monsters to scare off trespassers. It was... a good life frankly. Which was why it couldn't last forever. The old wise lady was, well, very old and a few years after the tiefling's arrival her health failed her and she died. Before she drew her last breath she spoke a weird prophesy (the only she ever had) to Bodicca: Death comes for us all but once, but for you She will come twice.

Business resumed much like usual after that. Veronica proclaimed herself the new head witch of their 'coven' and Angelica became its treasurer. Bodicca humored them, mostly because they were great in bed, and resumed her daily tasks, gathering herbs and scaring away curious children. As years passed she gradually began tiring of her coven mates' laissez faire attitudes and began looking for an out. Not to mention it was kind of weird that they insisted on calling each other sister even in the tryst of a sweaty threeway. She often thought about where she could go and what she could do when she was out in the forest. But people weren't all that nice to her kind. Perhaps she was doomed to remain here with her... sisters.

On one such day in the woods she came across the carcass of a stag. It was a mighty big thing, with snow white fur. A murder of crows was already there, feasting on what they could get at. Among them was one with clear red eyes and as she approached it turned to her and... spoke, in Infernal. I come for you once, Bodicca. Our bond shall remain til I come for you again. Scared witless she fled from the scene back to her hut, trying to tell Veronica and Angelica, although they were too preoccupied with their crystals and fake spells to actually listen. What followed was a harrowing month of nightmares and trying to outrun the murder of crows that followed her everywhere. Slowly but surely she begun to realize that she was becoming powerful, imbued with actual witchcraft. One moonlit night when she was exhausted and extra surly she succumbed to a fever and collapsed outside. Surrounded by the crows she asked them what they wanted.

Go to Sandpoint. Find your destiny. Welcome Death in your heart.
O/O

Muse

So, I made Alyssa here for a considerably pervier game and she didn't make the grade.  Maybe I should drop some or all of the curse out of her background and use her for this story? 

I suppose if i dropped the curse completely it would be a pretty extensive rewire, though... 

Name:   Alyssa Nox and her friend Nikita Blaze
Race:   Human
Class:   Unchained Summoner

Extensive History and Concept:   Many generations ago, a noble girl with a free and wild heart--Luci--was betrothed to a mighty Taldane sorcerer--Nox.  As the two courted, the sorcerer came to love the young girl with desperate ferocity.
   Luci saw the sorcerer's pride and passion.  She saw his virtues and his flaws alike. She loved him with all her heart.
   Luci was good friends with a clever stable boy who served her family.  The sorcerer found them talking together in the barn one day, sitting close, holding hands, with no escort.  A terrible jealousy overcame the Sorcerer and he prepared a terrible curse to smite the hapless youth.
   Luci threw herself on her knees before her betrothed.  "Amil is my friend, my lord.  Nothing more.  You are my sun and my stars.  I am pure, and no man but you will ever claim my body or touch my heart.  I will gladly scream a thousand agonies if I lie!"
   The sorcerer's heart leaped.  In confusion, he turned the curse upon his beloved, but only to bind her oath.  The two never learned the effects of the curse for Luci's was true.  She went  pure to her wedding bed and never looked back.
   For two generations, all of the daughters of the line of Nox shared their mother's maiden purity.  The family grew.  Fire aspected powers began to appear in the lineage.  Not just sorcerers, but also oracles and summoners.  There was even once an ifrit born to the line.
   The family began to take great pride in the virtue of their maidens, and be sought for in marriage for this reason.  When the first Nox girl yielded to a man's desires out of wedlock, her father was so outraged that he exiled her.  Any girl would have been disgraced for such a crime, and born the stigma for the rest of her life, but exile?  Some of the neighbors whispered that this was too harsh.
   Of course, in Taldor, many things were whispered.
   Instead it became the custom to exile daughters who failed to live up to the family's strict standards of chastity.  In spite of this, more and more of their daughters faltered in their virtue.  Many claimed they were ravished, but they--too--faced their family's wrath.
   The family's ties to fire grew stronger, and stranger.  A few years after the first daughter was exiled for impurity, a strange and horrible being of elemental fire attacked the family.
   Tessa Nox didn't have any of the family's supernatural gifts.  She was mostly a proper maiden of Taldor, if a bit too good hearted to really get into vicious gossip games.  She loved swordplay, though, and used her allowance to become an amazing student.
   The other thing Tessa loved was singing.  Though she valued her chastity, she loved the way hot eyes wandered over her when she sang...
   Maybe they were too hot, though...
   And maybe she loved it too much...
   When Tessa was seventeen, her voice instructors arranged for her to perform a concert.  The whole audience was captivated, but afterwards, a band of men dragged her into an inn room.  There the seven men molested her deliciously.  Tessa screamed in climax more times than she could count.  When she stumbled home in the morning to demand her family avenge her, her womb was so heavily swollen from the seed of seven men that she looked six months pregnant.
   Her family flew into a horrible frenzy.  Rather than become her champions in a quest for justice, they drove her from the family with cruel words and more than one blow.  Only Tessa's little sister had any mercy.  With tears in her eyes, she slipped Tessa some clothes, a pouch of coin, and her sword.
   Over the next two months, Tessa found housing and work.  She trained hard and challenged each of them men who'd violated her to a duel to the death.  Tessa took her vengeance one man at a time.  By the time she was done, her belly was visibly swelling.  Tessa left to seek her fortune as a sell sword.  Within a month, her pregnancy had come to full term.  She gave birth to fast growing twins with red skin, four arms, and fire for hair.  The twins grew quickly and left their mother to terrorize the countryside within nine months.
   Tessa was  molested two more times during her time as a sell sword, each time birthing a fiery monster.  She couldn't bring herself to hate her children, even knowing they would grow to be true monsters.
   Then came the day that Tessa met Armand.  He was a paladin, strong and pure hearted and handsome enough to make her heart hammer and dance.  Tessa tried to avoid Armand, knowing that she had been despoiled and the best she could hope for was to make him the father of monsters.  Over the months, Armand saved her from being molested more than once.  They fought back to back against hordes of evil.  Armand's love was pure and unquenchable.  Tessa rebuked him time and again, saying only that she was impure and he deserved a maiden.
   Every time she rebuked him, Tessa's heart broke.
   Finally, she confessed her curse to Armand.  He looked at her with eyes that shared her pain, but he kissed her with all hear heart.  "By Iomedae's mercy i sweat to you, Tessa,  I will give you a true daughter.
   He did.
   Armand's pure love cleansed the curse from Tessa's womb.  Alyssa Nox was born a nine months later.  A fit, strong, and beautiful baby girl.  Tessa retired in Mendev to raise her daughter.  She keeps a luxurious home for her beloved husband to return to when he isn't crusading against the demons from the World Wound.  Her own love is not abandoned, though, young men and women from all across Mendev and beyond compete to train at her Salon.  She is once of the most respected sword-masters in the land.
   Nor has Tessa fully abandoned her other love.  Though she has sworn that she will never sing in public again, she still sings lullabies for her daughter, and love songs for her husband, but only in privacy.
   Alyssa was born to a father who was loving, kind, and strong, but usually away doing heroic deeds to make the nation safe for her.  She was born to a mother with vast love and haunting sadness.  Alyssa loved her mother painfully, but she was also free spirited, intelligent, willful, and inspired.
   Alyssa was singing along to her mother's lullabies from an early age.  Her voice was a thing of haunting beauty, like her mother's.  It terrified Tessa even as it touched her soul.  As soon as she was old enough to understand, Tessa extracted an oath from Alyssa that no man but her father and her husband will ever hear her sing.
   Alyssa has chafed against this oath as she has grown, but so far she has obeyed it.
   Though not her mother's match, Alyssa is extremely skilled at swordplay, devouring her mother's instruction with loving intensity.
   Riding in the countryside with fellow students and a powerful man at arms for extra security, Alyssa chased fireflies one evening and got separated.  Finding herself alone at a beautiful lake that mirrored the moon, the thirteen years old girl began to sing for the joy and beauty of the lake.  Her song called for a companion.  They found her still there, come the dawn, cradling a read gold egg.  Her gifts as a summoner had awakened.  Alyssa kept the egg in the fire in her room and sang to it every night.  It hatched into Nikita Blaze, her Eidolon, and the small fire serpent taught to tap into her magic.
   Tessa and Armand agreed that when Tessa turned seventeen, they would tell her the truth of her family's curse.  They went to her bedroom together on the first day of Alyssa's seventeenth year, but it was empty.  A letter waited them on the bed.

"Beloved Mother and Father.
   "I love you with all my heart.  I can no longer bare the way it haunts you when I sing, or when I laugh.
   "Please, don't fear for me.  I need to prove to you, and to myself, that I am as strong as you have made me.  Nikita and I will travel the world together.  We will face the evils you once faced and triumphed over.  Together, we will show you that you will never have to fear for me again."

Muse

Oh, do we already have an Unchained Summoner application? 

nomadsoul

Quote from: Muse on January 24, 2020, 04:09:59 AM
So, I made Alyssa here for a considerably pervier game and she didn't make the grade.  Maybe I should drop some or all of the curse out of her background and use her for this story? 

I suppose if i dropped the curse completely it would be a pretty extensive rewire, though... 
I suppose there's no need to play it up throughout the game.  I'm if she doesn't tell, no one would know about it I think.  Best to explain how she got to Sandpoint and what she's doing in the region.

Quote from: Muse on January 24, 2020, 06:16:54 AM
Oh, do we already have an Unchained Summoner application? 
I think it might have been TFCommando?

Angie

Quote from: nomadsoul on January 24, 2020, 06:41:23 AM
I suppose there's no need to play it up throughout the game.  I'm if she doesn't tell, no one would know about it I think.  Best to explain how she got to Sandpoint and what she's doing in the region.
I think it might have been TFCommando?

Yeah, she's putting together a summoner with a genie.

TFcommando

Yes, still fleshing things out, but in short, human female noble Unchained Summoner, a history nerd, stifled socially and sexually by the shallowness noble society, only able to cut loose when she's off digging up secrets of the past.  Probably a Taldan.  The Azlanti connection to Thassilon stuff that's surfaced in the area would naturally have drawn her in. 

Edit: Related note, I was thinking about someone who was lush/plump/BBW and unashamedly brazen and open about it (and a lot of other things), sample image below, though I know that level isn't to everyone's tastes.

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

nomadsoul

Quote from: TFcommando on January 24, 2020, 11:23:41 AM
Yes, still fleshing things out, but in short, human female noble Unchained Summoner, a history nerd, stifled socially and sexually by the shallowness noble society, only able to cut loose when she's off digging up secrets of the past.  Probably a Taldan.  The Azlanti connection to Thassilon stuff that's surfaced in the area would naturally have drawn her in. 

Edit: Related note, I was thinking about someone who was lush/plump/BBW and unashamedly brazen and open about it (and a lot of other things), sample image below, though I know that level isn't to everyone's tastes.

Well, no issues on my side there, lol

Tavarokk

I mean, it's a normal PF game, your character can be whatever, even a terrifying old hag or some such. So long as you don't mind that it'll be a similarly niche look IC, with most characters considering her less attractive than a conventional beauty, I don't see any reason not to.

Chulanowa

A plump character is perfectly fine to me, but, I have to say the cartoonishness of that particular style is pretty jarring to me.

Muse

I must concur with Chulanowa. 

I'm here now and trying to find a more suitable concept.  Hope I'm not late! 

Let's see.  Going to try and find out what everyone's application are, but if someone's on hand who has a summary that would be appreciated--and probably useful for all. 

nomadsoul

Well, there's an Elven Magus (National Acrobat), Sorcerer (Angie), Fey-speaker Druid (Tavarokk), Tiefling Witch (Wargtass), possible Summoner with a Genie-eidolon (TFCommando), and something warrior-ish (Chulanowa).

Muse

*Smiles*  Thanks. 

Okay, i'll pitch a Cleric of Sarenrae.  I sent you a PM about that, but I'll take a different approach since you haven't responded yet. 

Muse

Serenity Lace
Player:      Tenshi the Muse of Fire
Alignment:   Neutral Good
Concept:      Second daughter of a master carpenter chooses the life of a charitable healer warrior over comfortable marriage.  She is motivated by compassion, idealism, and a sense of adventure.
Class:      Cleric 1
EXP:         0
Next Level:   1,300
Faith:      Sarenrae
Race:      Human

Birthday:      12th Day of the First Month
height:      5’5”
Weight:      125lbs
Measures:    D
Skin:         Pink
Hair:         Straight, silky russet tresses that fall to the small of her back.  Only modestly pretty normally, it glosses with fiery red-gold radiance in firelight. 
Eyes:      Hazel
Style:      Thigh high red boots with gold straps.  She wears a lovely matching short skirted dress with a very low neckline.  When prepared for trouble, she adds a hide shirt bodice. 

Chulanowa

I'm gonna be swapping off to a skilldonkey sort.  ;D Bard / rogue / Inquisitor kinda thing

Tavarokk

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 26, 2020, 07:19:01 PM
I'm gonna be swapping off to a skilldonkey sort.  ;D Bard / rogue / Inquisitor kinda thing
Didn't you say you don't want to play a rogue anymore? =P

nomadsoul

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 26, 2020, 07:19:01 PM
I think Chula may secretly enjoy playing such classes ;D

Muse

Kind of like me with clerics, i imagine.  :) 

TFcommando

Pina Numida, human female Unchained Summoner (with genie eidolon).  Not plump, the look doesn't work as well with a class that wears armor, or with someone who has their magical friend beat up people who say unkind things instead of having the power and confidence to blast them herself.  Finding sexy studded leather armor pics is the tough part now, maybe it's a coat she leaves open sometimes.

A fifth or sixth child from a minor Taldan noble house, she found the decadence of her station stifling.  Everything was done practically by rote, even the sex parties.  She delved deeper into the national obsession with the Azlanti than average, it was her escape, to when bold deeds were done and new trails blazed.  She's hit the road to adventure, going to Sandpoint because of the Rise of the Runelords means Thassilonian knowledge is there to be dug up.  Thassilon was contemporary with Azlant, after all! 

An explorer of the past and archeologist, she's pretty much a huge nerd, coming from a privileged lifestyle and living inside her own head a lot (and talking with her genie when not), what she encounters on the road will draw her out. She can turn on the charm when she needs to though, and won't turn away from those in need.

Still doing the last few details on her sheet, but there's not a lot of ranged for Unchained Summoners to play around with.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

nomadsoul

Since we're practically done at the character stage, everyone can head over to the OOC page.  Once everyone has posted up their char sheets as their first post, we can start discussing how everyone knows each other.

Chulanowa

Will hopefully have Wren done up shortly (no, that's not a pun  :P)

nomadsoul

Okay guys.  May I assume we have everyone who wants to play posted up in the OOC (which is National, Tavarokk, Angie, Muse, and Chulanowa thus far), as I'd like to make a start on the game.

Wargtass

Oops, I didn't post there yet! Just a moment!  :-X
O/O

nomadsoul

TF, any chance of getting a character sheet up within the next 24 hrs?

TFcommando

Yes, I'll have something.  The pic is the tricky part.  Pathfinder characters have a lot of options and need a lot of fine-tuning... except for unchained summoners, it seems!  There aren't many feats or spell choices or traits, or even many guides.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in