Scion / Deadlands Crossover game idea

Started by HairyHeretic, May 18, 2009, 06:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaia

Docks; New Orleans
On board the steamship, Cleopatra, the boson was worried. The trip had been uneventful save for that cat and the lady he had claimed. Now this boson was wizen and had seen plenty but daily finding the dead rats laid out had at fist baffled and scared the crew. Then the 3rd day they found his lordship calmly setting and licking his paw with 7 of the nasty rodents laid out, dead. Fifty seven rats killed, 57! amazing and now the cat was to leave with the lady he had claimed. What was he to do? The ship would always have need of a ratter like that could he just let it walk away?
Standing lost in thought the boson didn’t notice the 2 stop at his feet until a “MEROWWW” broke his thoughts. Looking down the man’s eyes widen for there was his lordship and another cat, the new one leaner and younger he would judge and a bit nervous but looking around as is casing the ship.
‘MeroOOWWW’
‘Meoww’

The feminine voice made him start and glance up at Lady Kitterland, “Pharaoh apologizes but he needs to go but this young one has agreed to step into his place. A fine vessel such as this needs a cat that can catch the vermin. Of course the catch is you must reward him as you did Pharaoh. Honeyed Milk and those sardines of the captains’ he feels would be just rewards. The youngling really does not have a name. Now if you would excuse us we really do need to be leaving. Come along Pharaoh” Turning on her heel the lady walked back down the plank, the grey spotted cat with its tail high follows.

The boson looking down at the yellow and cream cat shrugged and slowly smiled. “Well come on  ...Horus...Let’s get you introduced to the rest of the crew and settled in a place you like”

Phaia

oh yes alex is actully a titled english lady though her father ... uncle is a baron but she has not seen the 'family' in years. here ya go hairy a hook if ya want us going to england!!

and hope you liked the short intro for pharaoh

phaia

HairyHeretic

Ok, I've got a couple of threads set up for us

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=37974.0 - OOC thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=37975.0 - Character sheets, backstory and flashbacks

I'll get an actual game thread set up in the next few days, once we have everyone ready.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Galanoder

Decided to modify Jenny a bit after deciding i wasn't happy with the concept. Hairy, feel free to approve or disapprove as you see fit:

QuoteName: Jenny Falstaff
Player: Galanoder
Calling: Physical Paragon
Nature: Competitor
Pantheon: Dodekatheon
God: Hermes

ATTRIBUTES

Physical (Priority 1)

Strength   OOOO/**
*Dexterity OOOO/***
Stamina    OOO/**

Social (Priority 3)

Charisma     OOO
Manipulation OO
Appearance   OO

Mental (Priority 2)

Perception    OOO
*Intelligence OO
*Wits         OOOO/*

ABILITIES

Academics
Animal Ken OO
Art
*Athletics OOO
*Awareness OOO
Brawl OOO
Command
Control OO
Craft
Empathy O
Fortitude OO
Integrity O
Investigation O
*Larceny
Marksmanship O
Medicine
Melee OOO
*Occult
Politics
Presence
*Science
Stealth OOO
*Survival OO
Thrown OO

BIRTHRIGHTS

Boots of Swiftness OOO (Sky, Psychopomp, Illusion) On first glance, these are simple work boots made of brown leather. However, a closer look reveals that the workmanship is extremely high quality, and the leather itself is supple while still being tough. The soles are made of similar leather to the body, allowing a high degree of flexibility compared to conventional boots. Boon channeling is activated by clicking the heels twice.
Sword of Deception OOO ( -2 Speed, +1 Damage to Xiphos Template) A shortened xiphos, the sword of deception is the more obviously supernatural of Jennys artifacts. The blade is a misty blue-green, and the blade shifts in colour and pattern before peoples eyes. The hilt is a golden metal, twisted into complicated spiral patterns that seem to change every time someone looks at it. The blade is exeptionally light and sharp. Boon channeling is activated with a flourish of the blade.
Nemean Cobrahide Belt OO (Functions as Armour)

POWERS (Arete, Magic, Psychopomp and Illusion Associated)

Epic Attributes

2 Epic Strength
3 Epic Dexterity
2 Epic Stamina
1 Epic Wits

Knacks

Holy Bound
Uplifting Might
Lightning Sprinter
Untouchable Opponent
Monkey Climber
Self-Healing
Inner Furnace
Rabbit Reflexes

Boons

The Subtle Knife (Illusion O)
Skys Grace (Sky O)

VIRTUES AND WILLPOWER

Virtues

Expression O
Intellect  O
Valor      OOO
Vengance   OOOO

Willpower OOOOOOO

LEGEND

OOOO

Legend Pool 16

SOAK

B 5/L 4/A 2

BONUS POINTS:

7: Legend 2->3
7: Legend 3->4
1: Adding + 1 Damage to sword
2: Buying Belt

Jennys a farm girl through and through. Born on a ranch into a large family, she had to earn her way in the world from as early as she could remember. She had to fight with her siblings for attention and affection from her parents, and prove herself to them by sticking to her chores and doing as she was told. For some reason she never seemed to find the quiet satisfaction her brothers and sisters did in a well done job, but she had no hope of escaping so she had to put up with it.

That was, until the farm was attacked. Two of her brothers were out messing about in the mountains nearby, when they came running back, screaming about some monster that was chasing them. Pa barely had time to get his shotgun out when the beast came crashing in through the fence and started slaughtering her family members left, right and centre. She was the last one left, and the massive bulk of the beast lumbered towards her, eyes gleaming with malice. She closed her eyes, ready for the worst...

When she opened them again, the beast was crumpled up in a heap on the floor, and a tall greek looking gentleman was smiling down on her. This was Hermes, her real Pa. He explained that he had taken her mother wearing her fathers face, and that he now needed her to fight against the Titans. He gifted her with a pair of boots and a sword, then told her to go into the world and seek titanspawn like the one that had butchered her family and farm before her.

She set off into the mountains and found every last one of the titanspawns children, slaying them all with her newly awakened powers. She was surprised at how... easy everything seemed now. She ran faster, jumped higher, noticed things that would have gone over her attention before, and didn't need to stop for rest for great periods of time. When she emerged from the mountains a week later, she was streaked in blood and dirt and sweat, but there was a grim satisfaction in her eyes. She had slain every last titanspawn in those mountains, and had avenged her familys death. Hermes was standing by the entrance to the farm when she came back.

The young Scion spent the next week setting things in order at the ranch while learning of her duty and place in the world from her Pa. He said that that mountain range was not the only place in the world that creatures like that lived, and many had infiltrated towns and cities to turn over the world to chaos. When Jenny asked what she should do, he just smiled and patted her shoulder "Just carry on like you did in those mountains kid." he had said with an easy smile on his face "You're not... exactly how I expected you to turn out, but you'll do good, I can tell."

Later that week, Jenny had packed up and  was getting ready to leave, when Hermes again appeared beside her. He tapped the barrel of her dads old rifle that was slung across her shoulder "You'll be wanting something more discreet than that kid. It'll be safe enough here." he took it from her, and handed her a pearl handled revolver with a silver frame. "It looks fancy, so they'll think you're soft." he smiled "Surprise them." That was the last time she saw him, but she knew he was busy. Surely he'd come back someday, right? After all, he was the only family she had left.

Jenny has travelled a lot since then. She's battled titanspawn everywhere she's gone, tracking down urban legends and tall tales and seeing if there's any truth behind them. Quite a lot of the time it's just conmen or empty whisperings, but she finds enough battles to fight to make her journey worthwhile. She has recently aquired a magical Mattock from a Titanspawn she battled in Missouri, and seeks to channel its powers. She had been so focused on her mission, she had forgotten her roots. Perhaps using this magical farming tool would help calm her still churning spirit over leaving that place.

Jenny is a physically capable woman, if you couldn't work on the farm then you were looked down upon, and she always did more than was asked of her. She wears simple linen dresses and has her long black hair tied back in a tight braid. She hides the Sword of Deception in a battered travelling bag along with the rest of her posessions when not using her illusion powers to conceal it on her person. The sword is shorter and lighter than a normal xiphos, which makes it easier to swing and direct. She always wears her birthright boots, you never know when danger will find you after all.

Jenny prefers the practical approach to problems, and her no-nonsense attitude combined with her divine power makes her formidable in a fight. She prefers to bring out her sword and cut down her foes if leathal force is nessecary. If its not, then she's content to strike her foes with her bare hands. She prefers to use the sword in combat, finding the superior balance combined with her divine physical powers outstrips gunfire easily. Her latest acquisition from her adventuring is a belt made from nemean cobra hide given to her by a grateful dwarf. It toughens up all the clothes she wears as long as she has it on.

I leave it up to hairy exactly how much extra soak the belt gives.

Paladin

Well I'm back at home. Thank god. What are the creation rules? Standard?

HairyHeretic

Standard creation rules, +2 bonus points when I get a character backstory :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

Ok, I think Jenny still has a point left over on skills, and has spent a point too many on Boons (assuming thats where her 2 bonus points went). Since the boots do Sky, Psychopomp, Illusion but you only have Illusion and Sky, you could maybe drop those down to a 2 dot item.

If you want to keep Psychopomp, then we need to trim out a bonus point from somewhere else on the birthrights.

For the belt ... 1A/2L/3B should be ok for a 2 dot relic. If you decide to drop it to 1 dot in light of the above, 2L/2B.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Galanoder

Hmm, how is she a point over on boons? 2 + 2 + 1 + 3 for the epic attributes is 8, +1 for the level 1 illusion and another +1 for the level 1 sky leaves it at 10.

And i was understanding I had 2 extra bonus points for the background? 14 to raise my legend up to 4, 1 to add a damage onto the sword and 2 for the belt. The sword without the damage and the boots put together costs 5, which is what i'm given for birthrights. Is there something i'm overlooking here?

HairyHeretic

Sorry, meant relics, not boons.

It looks like 1 two dot relic, and 2 three dot relics. You have 5 points on bithrights, which makes it look to me like 3 dots over. Assuming 2 of those were from the bonus points, that would still leave 1 dot over.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Galanoder

Right, it would be, only three of them are from bonus points (two to buy the belt and one to upgrade the sword). Add on the 14 to increase my legend and that's 15 + 2 like you said we had.

HairyHeretic

Ah, I managed to miss that. Ok, my bad. I blame the fact its after midnight here :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Galanoder

's alright dude, mathscrafting a character can be rough at the best of times. I take it Jenny is approved after that little hiccup?

HairyHeretic

Yup. I think you still have another point to put into the skills though. I counted 29 .. though that may not mean much right now ;)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Galanoder

Ah, i'll just put a point in Larceny then. Heading to the character thread now.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

bumped

looking for guys we have a group of gals needing the big strapping fellows to help us defend the wild west!!!

Paladin

I'm building a guy I need to get to work on him this weekend.

HairyHeretic

Paladin, Muse, you guys need any help? We have an OOC thread set up for the game if you want to post over there.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Paladin

Hairy, I plan on working on the character tonight. I would work on it during the day but I have been informed that today we have an open house so I am forced away from my home for most of the day. I really hate last minute suprises.

HairyHeretic

Not a problem. If you need anything from me, just let me know.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Paladin

Quote from: HairyHeretic on May 31, 2009, 07:32:01 AM
Not a problem. If you need anything from me, just let me know.

Not much but aprooval. I'm assuming its just SCION: HERO that we will be using and not the other two books.

HairyHeretic

Correct. Stuff from the Companion and Ragnarok (couple of extra purviews) are ok too. I don't want to use the Boons and Knacks from Demigod yet.

Homebrewed stuff will need approved on a case by case basis.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Spider

HairyHeretic

At the moment I have 5 confirmed players, 2 I believe working up characters and 1 who posted a concept but hasn't replied since. That gives me 7, possibly 8. I think thats as much as I can comfortably accomidate at present. If any of the three I don't have sheets from drop out thought, I can give you a shout.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Muse

Hiya, folks, let's see if I can avoid getting too mad science-ish on you. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)