Werewolves of Miller's Hollow Episode 2 [Villagers Win]

Started by Xillen, May 07, 2009, 11:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xillen

But Requiem's prayers seemed to be in vain, as nobody stepped forward to test his innocence. As September and Emmaline lit their torches, ready to set the gathered wood on fire, the men went after the mistrusted peasant. Lithos and Kazyth grabbed his arms, while Kipoc and Scott each took one of his legs, dragging them over and binding him to the pole in the middle of the pile of wood.

After September and Emmaline lit the bonfire, everyone watched the screaming peasant burn and choke to death, assuming his final transformation was now at hand. Alas, while the people watched, and Requiem died a horrifying death, no such events occurred.

In the end, people returned to their homes with a heavy heart. Not only did they fail to avenge poor Avi, now another peasant had died, and this time, it was at their own hands!

Remaining players:
  • September
  • Greenthorn
  • Aeval
  • Scott
  • Paladin
  • Kipoc
  • Elunari
  • Emmaline
  • Kazyth
  • Lithos

Remaining roles:
  • 4 Peasants
  • 1 Healer
  • 1 Priest
  • 1 Seer
  • 3 Werewolves

Greenthorn

Oh my godddddddd...

*cries for Requiem as she runs into her cottage and starts locking the doors and the windows*

I know who I will be voting for next to be lynched!  KILLERS!!!!  :-( >:(

Paladin

*Walks back to his house and locks the doors and windows then heads to bed*

I had a feeling it wasn't Requiem. Thats why I didn't vote for him.

Kip

Whoops.

*returns to his cottage to ponder life with a sigh*

As the day progressed and the sun started to go down, a nervous Kipoc could be seen peering out the windows.  After a short while, the shutters slammed shut and the sound of locks sliding into place could be heard.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Kazyth

*scratches his head for a moment, wrinkling his nose at the scent of burnt hair, scorched clothing, and cooked human fat*  Well... crap.  I was so sure he was a wolf.

*sighs softly and wanders back to his hut, bolting the doors and windows tightly*

Goodnight Greenwolf.  If you eat someone tonight, don't let it be me, ok?  Thanks!
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Aeval

*She didn't go to the lynching- she couldn't stand to hear the wailing of an innocent..she stayed in her bed- covered herself with the sheet wishing she wasn't alone and saying a prayer for Requiem and Avi..who would be next???*

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Greenthorn

Quote from: Kaz the Beast on May 19, 2009, 11:54:48 AM
*scratches his head for a moment, wrinkling his nose at the scent of burnt hair, scorched clothing, and cooked human fat*  Well... crap.  I was so sure he was a wolf.

*sighs softly and wanders back to his hut, bolting the doors and windows tightly*

Goodnight Greenwolf.  If you eat someone tonight, don't let it be me, ok?  Thanks!

*glares*

Interesting how little emotion you have after a lynching of an innocent peasant!!

I heard you had an overabundance of lamb chops.....

*points her two fingers at her eyes and then at Kaz*

I'm watching you....

September

Poor Requiem.  But we can't blame ourselves.  The wolves tricked us into this.

It's so difficult going on so little, but I guess we need to assume that the wolves had a hand in incriminating poor Requiem.  Who stirred up the accusations against him?
Some of my ons.

Kazyth

Quote from: Greenthorn on May 19, 2009, 12:19:28 PM
*glares*

Interesting how little emotion you have after a lynching of an innocent peasant!!

I heard you had an overabundance of lamb chops.....

*points her two fingers at her eyes and then at Kaz*

I'm watching you....

I -know- you are watching me, GT!  That's the real reason I've started closing my blinds and locking my shutters!  Maybe you won't get so hungry for Kazmeats then!

*snuggles up in his bed, then sits up again*

And stop watching me when I take baths!
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Greenthorn

Quote from: September on May 19, 2009, 12:50:43 PM
Poor Requiem.  But we can't blame ourselves.  The wolves tricked us into this.

It's so difficult going on so little, but I guess we need to assume that the wolves had a hand in incriminating poor Requiem.  Who stirred up the accusations against him?

Elunari did

Scott

Scott stood there watching until the fire burned down. He hoped no one would notice the single tear running down his cheek. He prayed first for the soul of the innocent man that they had just killed, then he prayed that if the decision rest on his shoulders between two more, that his decision would be the right one. He never wanted to see another innocent die like that again. 

He left quietly and went back to his cottage, locking the doors and windows.

September

Now I reread all that happened, it's pretty clear that Requiem wanted to lynch Greenthorn for some reason, and he was punished for being suspiciously quick to point the finger.  I'm not sure that Elunari fits the bill in the way I'd hoped - Elu was reacting to Requiem.

That leaves us pretty much back at square one, and tonight we have to lynch another possibly innocent villager just to try and flush out the werewolves!

We have to consider the wolf strategy.  Would they be noisy and divisive?  Or just sit there quietly trying not to draw attention to themselves?
Some of my ons.

Greenthorn

All I know is Elunari told me to lynch Requiem...I had voted you September...but then Requiem kept changing his vote...if he was a werewolf, he would not keep changing his vote..he'd stick to one peasant!

I already know who I am voting for in the next lynching!

Lithos

Lithos shook his head quietly as he watched the dying fire, turning his gaze to the small gathering around it for a while, eying each person thoughtfully. Who could have orchestrated such false accusations... surely innocent man could not be killed by mere accident... or could he?. There had to be some clue somewhere, one just had to find it. Till the beast folk was caught, there would be no trusting anyone.

He traveled back to his cottage slowly, eyes scanning his surroundings for danger, his bow firmly in his hand. This was far too dangerous time to make any sort of travel unarmed.

(Really hard to decide anything definitive with this info, i will hold my vote yet)
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Xillen

There won't be voting until morning.

Of course, people can still voice their opinions before tucking in for the night ;)

Avi

*fluttering above the scene, he blinks as Requiem joins him*  Well... aren't they intelligent?
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Xillen

Dawn rises over Miller's Hollow once more, and ten men and women wearily leave their cottages in search of more victims, but none are found. A quick count reveals that no people have been lost since the unfortunate mistake with Requiem.

Happy to know everyone's in good health, the loss of Avi is still on the back of your mind. Justice has not yet been served!

Note, since there are no deaths, the healer must have come in action.

The healer knows who is attacked by the werewolves (and thus that that person is on the side of the peasants), but does not know that player's specific role.

The player that is attacked is unaware of being attacked, possibly a short term memory loss to push the horrors away, and thus has no idea who the healer is.

Remaining players:
  • September
  • Greenthorn
  • Aeval
  • Scott
  • Paladin
  • Kipoc
  • Elunari
  • Emmaline
  • Kazyth
  • Lithos

Remaining roles:
  • 4 Peasants
  • 1 Healer
  • 1 Priest
  • 1 Seer
  • 3 Werewolves

Greenthorn

Xillen

Greenthorn

*walks out into the sun with a smile*

No one has died, and more importantly I have lived to see another day!!!

*looks around at the other cottages and her eyes stop on one*

Aeval is one of them...she is a werewolf...she needs to die today.

Paladin

Quote from: Greenthorn on May 20, 2009, 11:28:07 AM
*walks out into the sun with a smile*

No one has died, and more importantly I have lived to see another day!!!

*looks around at the other cottages and her eyes stop on one*

Aeval is one of them...she is a werewolf...she needs to die today.

He steps outside into the sun holding a pitchfork. "Now lets not go making random conclusions again. Last time it caused us to murder an innocent person."

Greenthorn

Who says my accusation is random?  I have some inside information that Aeval is a werewolf!!!

Lithos

Hmm, GT and Kaz voted lynching September first last time but it then turned to someone innocent later... perhaps September is the beast here, and managed to turn the attention to someone innocent. We cannot afford to have such beasts in our midst!
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Paladin

Quote from: Greenthorn on May 20, 2009, 12:21:04 PM
Who says my accusation is random?  I have some inside information that Aeval is a werewolf!!!

Hmm Indide Information ehh? Care to share? I'll trade you 2 pigs in exchange.

Greenthorn

Quote from: Paladin on May 20, 2009, 12:24:16 PM
Hmm Indide Information ehh? Care to share? I'll trade you 2 pigs in exchange.

I just told you...Aeval is a werewolf.