A Road Less Traveled (D&D 3.5)

Started by who149, March 21, 2013, 05:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who149

Traveling is good for you, he said. There just names to scare away travelers, he said. The bandits hardly bother anyone, he assured.  The Traveling dwarf went on to explain that nothing bad would happen to any of the 5 mercenaries he just hired, as long as there good at there job.
he gets to the Dwarven city Altorn. If one followed the main road that took one around the continent it would take about a month to get there, but, the Dwarf explains he knows of a way to get there in a week, all by following a less popular road, one he discovered from a map he bought from a man in the market.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

------------------------------------

Basic story, 4-5 adventurers are hired to protect a dwarf while they travel through deadly terrain and probably get captured more then a few times.

Game will probably have some Non-con/Monster rape, Humiliation, and several other things as I think of them. So Ons and Offs will be appreciated.

I don't DM a lot of games, and last time I tried real life got in the way. I'm hoping for a better turn out, this time, suggestions are welcome.

-4-5 Players of level 5, 9k Starting gold.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

schnookums

Seems intriguing to me, I think i could take on another game.

Mysterica

Well now, this does sound rather fun.  May be time to see what I can't whip up.  Will it be a stat buy, prearranged stats that we just allot and alter with our racial bonuses, or will we actually be rolling stats?

who149

Welcome all! And as for stats, I was going to say 4d6, but I have a bit of a bad tendency of scaling encounters up too high, so 5d6 drop the lowest 2.

I've pretty much broken actual gameplay into section, there will be parts where everyone is on the road or at camp talking to each other, having sex in the corner, or what have you, where it'll pretty much just be you all to yourselves for a bit.

Probably some non-con sections where one or more of you get captured. I'll respect any Ons and Offs that you may have though, and then some classic D&D where you all enter a dangerous area and Roll Initiative.

Again, I am very open to suggestions as this is only my 2nd time running a game here, and the first time didn't end too well.

Ons and offs!

PhantomPistoleer

I'm interested in participating.  I would like to play as a Factotum.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

NicciKotor

Horray! 3.5! I can pull out my favorite character idea ever! My vacationing Ghaele build from savage species. Basically a CG angel off vacationing on the material world, getting to see what all of this fuss is about with mortals and why they don't just enjoy a good orgy when they disagree about something!

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

who149

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on March 21, 2013, 10:19:31 PM
I'm interested in participating.  I would like to play as a Factotum.

Alright, go for it.

Quote from: NicciKotor on March 21, 2013, 10:22:49 PM
Horray! 3.5! I can pull out my favorite character idea ever! My vacationing Ghaele build from savage species. Basically a CG angel off vacationing on the material world, getting to see what all of this fuss is about with mortals and why they don't just enjoy a good orgy when they disagree about something!

Sounds like fun~

Ons and offs!

NicciKotor

Serielye - Level 5 Ghaele

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12018

Traveling the material realm for vacation, enjoying myself and learning about mortal life and experiencing new and exciting ways to have sex. Never knew what anal sex was before coming here, and oh boy was that an interesting experience when I went to that brothel!
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

PhantomPistoleer

Mercutio the Brigand
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=538341

Truth be told, ain' no one ever told me story right.  An' that's charming to me.  Everyone tells the story wrong.  Everyone pegs me a little taller, or a little shorter;  sometimes I'm pegged as bein' braver than I truly am.  My exploits, as they are, have long outrun the small nature of my shadow.  I am cruel and I am merciful!  No one escapes me to tell the tales of my terror.  That's how they tell it.  But that's not true.  Not all of it.

See, I'm not going anywhere and I'm not staying for a reason.  I haven't figured out what I want to do.  I don't regret nothing I've ever done.  People have got it coming, some of them.  Some more than others, too.  But the ones that deserve it most -- they never get it.

I am an angry man.  Nobody gets that.  I don't have friends, but I know a lot of guys that like to have me around.  I drink and I chat, telling stories, none of them true.  I smile and I carouse and I drink the night away, and this is remarked to be the indolence of the common brigand.  My profession is to sabotage and to kill, and my colleagues -- well, they don't take the same shine to it as I.

Sometimes I endeavor in adventurism.  Sometimes I run basic errands for men willing to pay a year's salary for eight measly days through the mud.

Mercutio is a Human Factotum.  He has been a soldier, brigand, thief, assassin, pirate, etc. etc., but he has never been a remarkable one.  Personality wise, he is flaky and shallow.  He doesn't make emotional connections.  He enjoys listening to song, drinking, gambling, whoring and fighting, and he enjoys harmless pranks and stories.  He carries a short bow and a long bow with a kukri at his hip.  At first blush, he doesn't appear particularly threatening -- but he does seem cunning.  Despite his low-born birth, he is extremely book smart.  As a matter of fact, he is surprisingly learned.

He is cheerful and chatty, but chafes at authority figures.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

who149

Both characters are good, looking forward to seeing them play.

Ons and offs!

Prosak

Ive been craving some good old 3.5 lately, and would love to join. I just have a few questions if you dont mind.

1) What is the starting character levels?

2) What is the level of story your looking for? If theres lots of story, great I can play out my character perfectly. If there's less story, more smut. Ok, I can still play out my character correctly. If it's full on smut... I would say no to this, but may still join.

3) A big one, and this question applies to all.  How do you all feel on a shorter character? My character, Ezra Quickspeed, The Unlikely. Is a Half-Ling Bard.

who149

1) Level 5. 5D6 Drop the 2 lowest for stats.

2) I'm looking for, probably half and half.  A lot of the smut i'm sure will happen during the "slow" parts. Traveling, camping, things like that, However, because there's not many on the way of NPC's (Unless everyone wants it to be a Caravan with multiple of NPC's) then it'll mostly be you and the other players.

I'll have moments where sex will probably happen in story (Getting captured and used for example, I have a rough outline so nothing is concrete). But, I want to be occasional moments of seriousness, with your standard sillyness and sex sprinkled through-out.

3) I'm fine with a shorter character personally.

Ons and offs!

Prosak

Ezra Quickspeed, The Unlikely     

Level 5 Bard, Halfling. Chaotic Good 

Eyes: Blue,  Hair: Silver, short,   Beard: Goatee. 

Height: 3 and a half feet tall,  Weight: 35 pounds,   size: small.

Armor class 15 = 10 + 4  + 1
hit points : 29
Speed: 20feet

strength: 8 -1 DAMAGE REDUCTION, Melee
dexterity: 18 +4 Adds to ac
constitution: 10 +1   
intelligence: 16 +3
Wisdom: 16 + 3
Charisma: 19 + 4

Racial Trait: FLAT-FOOTED  AC: 11

INITIATIVE modifier +4 = 4 + 0 

SAVING THROWS TOTAL   BASE SAVE   ABILITY MODIFIER   MAGIC MODIFIER   MISC MODIFIER   TEMP. MODIFIER 
FORT
constitution
2 = 2 + 0 + 0 + 0 +   
REFLEX
dexterity
9 = 5 + 4 + 0 + 0 +   
WILL
wisdom
8 = 5 + 3 + 0 + 0 +   

BASE ATTACK BONUS: 3

SPELL RESISTANCE: 0 

GRAPPLE
modifier
-2 = 3 + -1 + -4 + 0 

POSSESSIONS
ITEM PG. LB. ITEM PG. LB.
Backpack (empty)   2 Bedroll   5
Blanket, winter   3 3 x Bolts, crossbow (50)   15
Buckler   5 Darkwood Shock Crossbow, light +1   4
3 x Firewood (per day)   60 2 x Ink (1 oz. vial)   0
Inkpen   0 Lantern, bullseye   3
Musical Instrument   3 2 x Paper (sheet)   0
Parchment (sheet)   0 Pouch, belt   3
5 x Rations, trail (per day)   5 Rope, hemp (50 ft.)   10
Signal Whistle   0 Soap (per lb.)   1
Studded leather armor   20 Sword, short   2
Tent   10 4 x Torch   4
5 x Waterskin   20     

Equipped       
Weapon:    Darkwood Shock Crossbow, light +1  Attack: 9  Damage: 1d8+1  Crit: 19-20/x2: 
Enchanted ^^ : Shock:  +1d6 damage     

Armor: Light, Leather, studded:  Ac Bonus: + 3  = AC: 18

Skills
Appraise¤§ int 3 = 3 + 0 + 0
  Balance¤ dex 7 = 4 + 1 + 2
  Bluff¤§ cha 6 = 4 + 2 + 0
  Climb¤ str 1 = -1 + 2 - 1
  Craft¤§ int 3 = 3 + 0 + 0
  Decipher Script§ int 3 = 3 + 0 + 0
  Diplomacy¤§ cha 12 = 4 + 8 + 0
  (cc)Disable Device§ int 3 = 3 + 0 + 0
  Disguise¤§ cha 4 = 4 + 0 + 0
  Escape Artist¤ dex 5 = 4 + 1 + 0
  (cc)Forgery¤§ int 3 = 3 + 0 + 0
  Gather Information¤§ cha 8 = 4 + 4 + 0
  (cc)Handle Animal§ cha 4 = 4 + 0 + 0
  (cc)Heal¤§ wis 3 = 3 + 0 + 0
  Hide¤ dex 12 = 4 + 8 + 0
  (cc)Intimidate¤§ cha 4 = 4 + 0 + 0
  Jump¤ str 3 = -1 + 2 + 2
  Knowledge (arcana)§ int 4 = 3 + 1 + 0
  Knowledge (architecture & engineering)§ int 4 = 3 + 1 + 0
  Knowledge (dungeoneering)§ int 4 = 3 + 1 + 0
  Knowledge (geography)§ int 4 = 3 + 1 + 0
  Knowledge (history)§ int 11 = 3 + 8 + 0
  Knowledge (local)§ int 4 = 3 + 1 + 0
  Knowledge (nature)§ int 4 = 3 + 1 + 0
  Knowledge (nobility and royalty)§ int 4 = 3 + 1 + 0
  Knowledge (religion)§ int 4 = 3 + 1 + 0
  Knowledge (the planes)§ int 4 = 3 + 1 + 0

(cc) crossclass skill
¤ can be used untrained § apply armor penalty
  Listen¤§ wis 7 = 3 + 4 + 0
  Move Silently¤ dex 14 = 4 + 10 + 0
  (cc)Open Lock§ dex 4 = 4 + 0 + 0
  Perform (Oratory)¤§ cha 12 = 4 + 8 + 0
  Perform (String instruments)¤§ cha 5 = 4 + 1 + 0
  Profession§ wis 3 = 3 + 0 + 0
  (cc)Ride¤§ dex 4 = 4 + 0 + 0
  (cc)Scry¤§ str -1 = -1 + 0 + 0
  (cc)Search¤§ int 3 = 3 + 0 + 0
  Sense Motive¤§ wis 5 = 3 + 2 + 0
  Sleight of Hand§ dex 4 = 4 + 0 + 0
  Speak Language§ int 3 = 3 + 0 + 0
  Spellcraft§ int 3 = 3 + 0 + 0
  (cc)Spot¤§ wis 3 = 3 + 0 + 0
  (cc)Survival¤§ wis 3 = 3 + 0 + 0
  Swim¤§ str -1 = -1 + 0 + 0
  Tumble dex 10 = 4 + 6 + 0
  Use Magic Device§ cha 12 = 4 + 8 + 0

PLATINUM 49
GOLD 9

2x max load ( I believe the load he is carrying will be ok, due to them most likely being within a caravan. Meaning his stuff, other then tools of trade and weapons, were provided at the door and, he wouldn't care. Tent, food, bedrol, blanket, etc. That is my guess.)

FEATS, LANGUAGES & ABILITIES
+2 save vs fear   
Feats Halfling: Flat footed- + 1 dex     
Rapid Reload       
Quick Draw

Bard abilities     
Armor Proficiency (light) 
Shield Proficiency   
Simple Weapon Proficiency

Bardic Music     
Bardic Knowledge   
Fascinate
Inspire competence   
Counter song     
Inspire courage +1

Languages     
Common
Goblin     
Elven       
Orc
Halfling     

Bard spells       
Spell Save DC LEVEL SPELLS PER DAY BONUS SPELLS       

Level 0       3 per day
Dancing Lights       
Daze       
Flare       
Ghost Sound       
Lullaby       
Summon Instrument     

Level 1       3 per day
Cure light wounds     
Identify       
Silent Image       
Sleep       

Level 2      1 per day
Cure Moderate Wounds       
Invisibility       
Scare       

((Bio was done in first person, as if he was talking to you. And yes, I meant for it to give a whole lot of nothing on the character.))

Personality: Witty, Snobish, and wise. A wise cracker that is. Like any bard he knows just about everything, and can do anything. Being a jack of all trades, is his bread and butter. But, it takes a bit of coaxing, to get information from him. He enjoys to toy, and play with people. And, enjoys a game of wits. Only those whom he can respect, are called friends. So yes, he is out for himself. But, he has a heart. And some honor in him. So it is as easy to tug at his heart strings, as it is for him to tug at the strings of his lute.

Biography: "Ha! The Unlikely. That is my title, and I ware it proud. When I was a child, my friends, even my family dubbed me less likely to succeed. Hence forth, my nickname. But, I ware it with stride. For, I may be unlikely, but I get the job done. Why? Because, I am the best. A jack of all trades. A archer when the need arises, a wizard when we are in need of magic. And, a musician, of coarse. But, my music, is unparalleled to my skill, in story telling. But, my main use, is as a scout. I am skilled in stealth, hiding, listening, and information gathering. And, if I am attacked and all alone... Well, my family nick name, aint Quickspeed for nothing! Before your poor, imbecile brains get all confused. A family nick name, is a half-lings sur name. So bite me, who cares about semantics.

So, where are my family and friends now? Hell if I know, ha ha. I am a half ling dim wits. I hath no real family. I am a traveler, whom goes where the wind takes me. To give my song, to tell my story, and to bed any women my charismatic arse wants. Have I done anything that wasn't for my self? Well, my stupid friends. Yes, I have a heart. Ive fed the poor when I felt like it. Gave coins to young orphans. And, have done some things more grand. But, those will have to be storys. And numb nut's like all of you, don't have the mental capacity to even understand them, nor me. So it takes allot more then curiosity to know more about me. For example, I wont tell anyone where I got my cross bow, lightning bolt. Only my closest friends know. And, yes, I have none. Thus, only I!, know. Ha ha ha.... Your still listening to me? Wow, what fools. We have a job to do! Don't tell me your gonna sit there and let a dam Hobbit do all the work, you lazy Arses. Get to work! Ha ha ha!"

Muse

Oooh!  Oooh!  Oooh! 

Am I too late?  :) i'd love to play in a game like this! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Prosak

Nope, far from it, go ahead and make a sheet. The dm is ofline as of now, but I think I speak for him when I say the more, the better. As it may appear so far we have a,... Well I dont know what the girl is, never heard of her class/race. But, me and Phantom are both Jacks of all trades. Him having more focus on combat, me having more focus on spell's, knowledge, and scouting. Plus I can handle myself in ranged, I have my magic crossbow. Coupled with my dex scores, and tumble, I can flow through the battle field as a singing, lute playing, crossbow shooting, magicaly shocking (Lightning enchantment,) bard of death. And, can do it with ease. So, I think we are in need, of a fighter of some kind.

Ranger, barbarian, Fighter, Monk. Etc. Although dont let me dictate or anything. I was only providing my opinion. Be what you want.

Edit: Ok looked up Ghaele. Yes, I am impressed.

Prosak

Would multiple characters be ok? Since, we will need a few more on the fighting side, I thought I would help cover it. As a monk Wyaaaaaa! lol. So now no one has to feel forced to fill in the role. Also some advice though. Anyone whom wants to be a fighter.  Duel class him. Make him a level 2 fighter, then quit being a fighter, and be something else. Effective builds are. Fighter/Sorcerer, Fighter/Cleric Fighter/Rogue. First being the best, Sorcerers were meant to be duel classed. Especially when dueled as fighters.  Full on fighters, essentially become useless. And only good as decoys, no offense to fighter players out there. 

who149

No Multiple characters. I'm sorry, but we don't have too much space and these tend too get lots of interest.
Also Prosak, could you use Plothook? It tends to be easier to keep track of the characters that way.
Quote from: Muse on March 22, 2013, 02:58:57 AM
Oooh!  Oooh!  Oooh! 

Am I too late?  :) i'd love to play in a game like this! 

No, there's room. I'm looking for a 5 person party (I might go as high as 6). As usual its first character first serve though.

Ons and offs!

Prosak

Ok, I can make a plot hook, or  weaver version of him for the future. Also, understood. Lol. Understood. It is just, that making characters is one of the most fun parts of role playing.

Florence

I'd love to make a character but my favorite 3.5 character is a bard and it looks like you've already got one.

If you'd be open to two, then I have to ask, would you be open to a half-drow character?

If not I could come up with a new one.

Also... I've never played a system game on here before xD So, yeah, might need a few pointers on how that's done :U
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Antipaladin of Calista

Kicks down the door sweating while carrying a huge box of assorted d&d stuff. Slams it down on table and turns to who149.

What ho' Dungeon Master I am Sir Anti and I have headed the call you sent. (Translation: Sup dude. This looks very cool and I am well experienced in 3.5)

I came on god's wind when I heard and formally request you accept me into your order. (Translation: Any spots open in your game?)

Muse

Okay, I have a concpet that I hope will work. 

I'd say having a short guy in the group calls for a tall girl to ballance him out. 

One Sweetwater the half giantess sellsword working on her cookbook coming up.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Antipaladin of Calista

So I was looking through my library and I think this game would benefit greatly from this: http://www.4shared.com/office/6zSLr7jI/DD_35_Book_Of_Erotic_Fantasy.html

Muse

Muse