A Few Loose Cannons On Deck! Interest checks from the MadPanda

Started by MadPanda, January 01, 2012, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

Indeed!

The other invitee will not be joining us, alas, so we have three?  Four people for this one?  (pauses to take role call)
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

MadPanda

Votes are in, at least for the first three of you--it'll go in Bondage, just in case!  Which is to say, we're rating this in case things go there at some point.  Sort of like shooting for a PG-13 rating just in case a re-write of the script has a few extra cuss words.

OOC is here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131631.0

We can finish up discussing the Dials there and start Char-gen.  I'll be filling out a few world details in the other thread, which is for rules and general reference:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131630.0

In Memory of Bishrook

Saric

"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Aoife

Muse

Got time ot run any others, M.P.?  Like, say, Gama World? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

MadPanda

Uncertain.  If I get that very badly needed job in the near future, I might not.  But...you never know!

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

Main list updated...with an idea that will be getting cross-posted to my One-on-One thread.

The soundtrack for this experiment will be mostly Gary Numan's later work, with occasional repetitions of a song by Beck ("Fuckin' With My Head").

QuoteAnother Sorcerer idea...I just got to see the last half-hour or so of Fight Club.  Just enough to get my mitts on the whole Tyler Durdan thing.  Somewhere out there, there's a free playtest document for Sorcerer that uses the idea of one's dark reflection as a demon.  Three guesses where I'm going with that thought!  Now.  Where'd I leave my copy of Phantasmagoria: A Puzzle of Flesh?

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

In the meantime, we've got one possible vote for Aegis Project...and I'm eying the sandbox that is Stars Without Number for future reference.  So I'm opening that for discussion as well.

Aegis:
Upside--a cool if gritty meta-arc that does a decent job of replicating some of the more pessimistic anime of the 1980's era.  Very simply char-gen.  A flexible system that allows for the GM to impose Murphy's Laws of Combat.  (Also, the PDF is quite affordable.)

Downside--the system has a few bugs!  And it takes some getting used to.  Cookie cutter characters with the lifespan of the average mayfly.  Book-keeping (for an online game) might be awkward.

Possible change--take the Alien Other out of the rules, and you've got something that could replicate any military-themed mecha show from the period.  Just in case we'd rather try something more like Gear Krieg.  :-)  But some conversion would be necessary, unless we want WWII with AI.  Teach me to look at the book again before opening my big yap!  I forgot all about the Second Era, which is Humans fighting Humans instead of Humans versus faceless Aliens.  D'oh.

Stars
Upside: if you ever played Traveller or Basic D&D, you know enough of this system to play.  It's available for free.  It's a sandbox, so the players get to be the stars of the show.
Downside: It's a sandbox, which isn't for everybody.  It's also kind of deadly.

Muse is after me to do something with Gamma World, which'll be the next discussion I open. Suffice to say, I've managed to house rule the Origin table so that you'll start by sending me 2 1d100 rolls instead of rolling a d12 and then a d20 or a d8...but since the GW thing won't be adult (probably), it might be offsite.

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

League has failed to launch!   >:(

It's back on the table for discussion, but I'm leaving the threads where they are in hopes that something can be salvaged.

UPDATE: two of four responding.  This'll go off anyway, I think.  No point in wasting good backstory.  But we'll be looking for a replacement.   :-)

In Memory of Bishrook

Muse

MadPanda

Playerus Nonrespondus makes for a very cranky Panda.  So it looks like you'll be getting your wish IRT Gamma World 7e, O Muse.  Assuming anyone else wants to try it...

But!  It's going to be a non-adult game, and I'm not quite sure how I want to try doing the whole tactical encounter bit yet.

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

Quick update: although this is NOT going to happen right away, there are rumblings behind the scenes about that Sith Project playtest being cobbled together, since one of the folks who is playing in Red Doctor's Houses of the Blooded game has expressed interest, and I've dragooned my good friend Lanzlo into helping.

I'm throwing some notes together toward that end, so if you're interested by all means speak up and we'll save a spot at the table for you.  (When World of Dew becomes available later this year, some adjustment may be required, because there are new giri that will be opening up, but we'll get there when we get there.)

As a quick warning, because Blood and Honor is the 'vassal' edition of Houses of the Blooded, the first part of this game will be to build the world a wee bit: that is, you get to decide what your Sith Lord is like, what assets your particular faction has, the Aspects you'll be taking when you build your characters and so on.  This is a vital part of the process!  If you want to play, but this sort of thing isn't your cup of tea, be forewarned that you'll be limited to the decisions made by the other players.

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

Mutatis mutandis.

Some things have been removed.  Others have been altered, taking into account recent experiences (not all of them pleasant and enjoyable).

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

A few adjustments have been made, including a couple of new systems that are in the works and updates to older ideas.

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

A couple updates for updates' sake, and one new system added in Old School.

In Memory of Bishrook

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

MadPanda

Cross my paw with silver and see what happens, effendi!    >:)

UPDATE:

He did.  OOC is here.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169721.0

Chargen, Rules Summary, and Cast is here.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169726.0

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

A couple of updates!

First, Tenra Bansho Zero has landed--got my physical copy!  Excellent for a one-scenario run rather than an extended committment.

Second, ran across a game best described as Scion by way of Amber Diceless RPG...for the Greeks, anyway.  As an old Amber hand, I can honestly say I like the changes Lords of Olympus makes to the mechanics.  Already at work trying to convert my daughter of Hades in hopes of finding a GM for this one.   ;D

Third, Far West finally lurches into the home stretch before publication!  They're partnering with Cubicle 7 to make this puppy happen.  More to follow when and as I know it!  (This is entirely Hairy Heretic's fault, since he told me about it, and I know for certain that at least one other person here is a backer of FW, same's me, so there'll be a game sooner or later.)

In Memory of Bishrook

HairyHeretic

Got a link for the Lords of Olympus? Sounds like it might be something that'd appeal to me as well.

And yes, still waiting on Into the Far West. They given us a publishing date yet?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

MadPanda

No hard and fast date yet.  In fact, they've been pretty good about not teasing us anymore by saying "oh, end of next month" and having to revise that several times over.

Most recent news items are here:
http://intothefarwest.com/2013/05/09/cubicle-seven-heads-into-the-far-west/

and here:
http://intothefarwest.com/2013/05/16/adventure-game-support-revealed/

Lords of Olympus may be found here:
http://www.pigames.net/store/default.php?cPath=113

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

Tweaked, teased, and a few minor adjustments made where necessary.

Am thinking the Kingdom Hearts thing would work better as a Gamma World 7e patch.   :-)

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

The usual brief revisit followed by a couple of tweaks in the lineup.

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

A new project has been added, courtesy of Sine Nomine's new kickstarter!  It isn't really appropriate for a 'group' game thread, since it's one-player and GM, but there you go.

In Memory of Bishrook

MasterMischief