Thanks, Veks.

Started by HannibalBarca, August 20, 2013, 02:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HannibalBarca

Wanting--no, needing--to give credit where credit is long overdue.

You run a damn fine site here, Vekseid.  I think most of us felt the sting of the loss of E even for the better part of a day.  It is more than just a place to post and share stories.  It is a community, in the strongest sense of the word.  There are far, far too many people here I have grown fond of and can call friends just in the brief 6+ months of time I've been proud to call myself a member.  I'm not sure just how many members feel like me, but I can bet 95%+ do.  For me, personally, it is more than friendship and creativity, too.  I can safely claim that E has helped in other aspects of my life, as well.  I've suffered from severe clinical depression for years, and while I started taking medication for it less than a year ago--I didn't even realize I was that depressed; I thought it was simply how life was--the camaraderie and sharing and simple joy that goes on here is indispensable to me.  You're the first thing I check in the morning on my laptop, and the last thing I see on it when I log out every night.

Vive le E...and vive le Vekseid!
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Oreo

I can only echo the sentiment, Hannibal. E is my lifeline to friendships and a sense of community. There is no place else I feel quite as safe as I do here among people that shore me up when I am down and enrich my life in ways they can't imagine. This wouldn't exist without our dear and wonderful exemplar.

Thank you Vekseid. ♥

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Dovel

Yes, thank you very much for all the hard work you have put into this place. You are an amazing person Vekseid and everyone at E is very fortunate to have you here.

You have given us this home.

Thank you!
Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Ariel

So much credit is overdue, it's practically overflowing.

Thank you Vekseid. Thank you so much. This place, it is truly like a home to me. I have met so many wonderful and sweet people on here, and so many amazing writing partners as well. You've given us a place to write, meet, greet, laugh, socialize, make lifelong friendships, and so much more.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You deserve a nice big rest and some relaxation. <3
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving