The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Inkidu, January 11, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

Quote from: Spectfade on December 10, 2011, 09:19:19 AM
Add it. Anything you're adding to your .ini file, you just add. You don't have to put it under a specific area.
THANKS!  My Nord is leveling up his archery.  I plan to master every weapon skill if possible.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Hemingway

I sort of lost interest a few weeks ago, and never finished the main story. So I started up a new character. Basically the same as my first character, except I'll be using one-handed weapons. I also plan on not investing that heavily in blacksmithing, because it took a lot of the fun out of exploring and finding new gear. Instead, I'm thinking of leveling enchanting, at least somewhat, and making myself a suit of armor with a lot of enchantments.

Shjade

If you invest heavily in enchanting and not smithing, you can accomplish a similar-though-lesser effect by adding enchantments of Heavy Armor (or light armor if you swing that way) skill to whatever armor you find, thereby making it roughly as effective as having made your own legendary armor that wasn't so enchanted. Relatively similar outcome armor-wise, but you still get the fun of finding your armor first instead of making that flavor you want in town.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Tsenta

Quote from: Shjade on December 10, 2011, 12:15:29 PM
Let's see...legendary daedric bow is ~90 damage with the archery perks 5/5? Enchants get that up ~200% if you have it on ring, gloves, necklace and helm, so 270-ish, plus arrow damage.

How are you getting 500 damage shots?

*will have to go mess around in Skyrim to check numbers*

Edit: I bet I'm not thinking of the bow's base damage at skill 100.

Basically have fortify smithing enchanted on four items. And drink a fortify smithing potion BEFORE you upgrade your armor/bow.  The higher your smithing, the higher the bonus is on your gear.  (As in you could have legendary gear with varying boosts, rather than just a set boost)   Then the 5X archery perks = +100% damage.    Then fortify enchanting potions + fortify archery enchantment on four items.

So like +49% bow damage X4   + 5X archery perk (100% more dmg) + fortified smithing upgraded stuff (much higher base damage) + 100 archery.   I do sneak attacks but 2X500dmg, I 1shot most things. If I were to take the perk I'd do 1,500 per sneak attack. 

What I was talking about is wanting to sneak into a group of enemies, gank one down, and just stand in the middle of the group and watch their reactions. Sadly one cannot really do that due to lack of Chameleon.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Chris Brady

Grf, I have a level 31 Nord, but I'm not happy with how he's going.  But he's level 31.  But I don't like his personal appearance.  But he's THIRTY ONE.

>.<

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Tsenta

31 isn't hard really if you do easy to level skills. I basically spammed smithing and archery training until 15, did a daedric quest, abused the reward to get to 81.   >_>;

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Slywyn

What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Shjade

One of them rewards you with a book that gives you 5 points to all skills in one "type" (Warrior, Mage or Thief) when you use it. But there's an exploit that lets you use it as many times as you want to max out everything.
◕/◕'s

Tsenta

The quest is Discerning the Transmundane.   The exploit basically is you read the book from a chest/bookshelf infentory, the book won't disappear like it should.  The method was posted a few pages back here on this thread.

Hemingway

For my new character, I turned up the difficulty, too. Fighting dragons is more challenging now, but ... am I the only person who thinks dragon fights were the most disappointing part of the game? You expect this epic duel where you have to time your attacks as the dragon swoops down and .. dodging its claws and whatnot. What you get instead is waiting for it to land then hacking at its head. Real interesting.

Tsenta

I use bows mostly for combat so it's more spamming arrows, waiting for the dragon to 'hover' before it uses its breath attack, or waiting for it to land. :P

meikle

I just passed the 100 hour mark.

I just ... I felt like I should put that out there.

I also, at around the same time I ticked over into 100 hours played, got the achievement for completing 10 sidequests. :|

But Mara and Dibella both think I'm pretty cool!
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Juicy

Quote from: Braioch on December 11, 2011, 12:06:12 AM
Level 61 Imperial, and a sexy veritable god at that.

^-^

Your Imp and my elf should get together and... you know. I promise he won't accidentally kill you like the others.

Cold Heritage

I killed
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Paarthurnax
and turned the Blades into my own personal hit squad. Only the finest honeys in Cold Heritage's reformed Blades. Feels good man.

Quote from: Juicy on December 10, 2011, 11:09:39 PM
I'm a hot elf though, that's all that matters.  ^-^

I'd hit it with Unrelenting Force.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Juicy

They say I have great Healing Hands.  ^-^

bandit

Work is seriously cramping my style when it comes to getting any time in on this game...
the smiling bandit strikes again! haHahA

Read the deeper side of bandit here! Or just his o/o's here.

This hardcore ghetto gangster image takes a lot of practice.

Chris Brady

Ugh.  I think I may have to restart my Nord.  I just...  Argh.  Oh what the hell.

Oh, and someone sent me this:

‪The Dragonborn Comes - Skyrim Bard Song and Main Theme Female Cover‬

Braioch

Quote from: Tsenta on December 11, 2011, 03:46:44 PM
The quest is Discerning the Transmundane.   The exploit basically is you read the book from a chest/bookshelf infentory, the book won't disappear like it should.  The method was posted a few pages back here on this thread.

Actually (just because it sucks to do it wrong...(I did the cheat after I reached 50 on my own, never again by the way, and got to 81 with it)

1)Get book through quest and return to a bookshelf, preferably one in a house you own
2)Read the book in your inventory, and as soon as you close it, immediately drop it.
3)Pick it back up, then place it in the bookshelf. (for some reason, it resets the item)
4)Take book off of the bookshelf, but don't use the item when you pick it up, put it in your inventory.
5)Repeat steps 2-4 until done. :P

81 is a god, especially since my enchantments make my melee weapons stacked with damage and resistances galore.
Lord stone and Alteration tree for those damn mages (bastards) need to find magic resistance items for neck and ring too.
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Ironwolf85

replaying it with a few characters, Dramic is a total badass, but I put his forge perks into he wrong armor types. well live and learn, why my feline is just growing into a diffrent character.
still, kinda wish you could nail your wife, pass on the Dovakeen genetics for badassary, but I understand that they kept that part clean.
I still get (intertionally) lost in the back roads exploring all these places, and with the radiant AI each character's experience is diffrent enough that it doesn't feel stale.

also I tracked down the type of dragon I faced with the ghosts, it's called a Ghost Dragon, this one was hanging out northeast of Whiterun near the cave you can pass through to go under the mountans towards Morthol.
to add to my earlier statements.
No it does not raise zombies, no idea what that was about...
Yes it spawns ghosts they say things like "I'm sorry" and "I don't want to do this!"
Hangs around large undead haunted ruins... I think, plain and named were both encountered near simmilar sites.
it uses ice breath
Landed only once, had to kill it in the air, I didn't have dragon rend with Rajall

kinda makes sense though, Aduin feeds on the dead of sovenguard, Ghost dragons must grab the souls those who never make it that far, bandits and the like.

my two cents
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Slywyn

I can't find any Ghost Dragon mentions on the wiki or anything.

I dunno man.
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Xanatos

I've noticed the Elder Scrolls Wiki is very incomplete. I've seen people post pictures with names and got curious about said names. Typed it in and got nuttin. The site is very name/spelling/how you type it in sensitive.

By no means is that a perfect explanation, but I would not be in the least bit surprised if the wiki is unreliable for many things.

Shjade

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on December 11, 2011, 11:45:06 PM
also I tracked down the type of dragon I faced with the ghosts, it's called a Ghost Dragon, this one was hanging out northeast of Whiterun near the cave you can pass through to go under the mountans towards Morthol.
to add to my earlier statements.
No it does not raise zombies, no idea what that was about...
Yes it spawns ghosts they say things like "I'm sorry" and "I don't want to do this!"
Hangs around large undead haunted ruins... I think, plain and named were both encountered near simmilar sites.
it uses ice breath
Landed only once, had to kill it in the air, I didn't have dragon rend with Rajall

kinda makes sense though, Aduin feeds on the dead of sovenguard, Ghost dragons must grab the souls those who never make it that far, bandits and the like.

my two cents

You mean right around here?

Most likely the ghosts had nothing to do with your dragon; Rannveig's Fast just has those ghosts there. Spirits of adventurers and bandits who got caught in Sild the Warlock's trap inside and bent to his will in undeath.
◕/◕'s

Ironwolf85

*slams his head off the desk*
drat thought I had somthing.
with my lack of high def it could've been a frost dragon, the tiny words up there mess me up sometimes and if the ghosts belonged to some pissant named sid?
*makes note to go and stab this afforementioined "Sid the necromancer" for pissing him off*
sorry then, have a nice day
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Tsenta

I have the official guide, some 600+ pages and no mention of ghost dragons.  Though...that'd be kind of badass to fight dragon spirits before Alduin sticks them in corpses. Especially in like very old dragon nests or dungeons. Hell, I wouldn't mind fighting dragon zombies or raised dragon skeletons either! LET THE PETITION BEGIN!!

Chris Brady

I'd be more inclined in getting the rain animation fixed.  Right now, it's going through open air buildings with solid stone rooftops.  It's not like it's impossible to do.  WoW and LoTRO have it.  And we all know how badly coded WoW is.