Sarah Palin gets a prank phone call... from Nicolas Sarkozy?

Started by Cecily, November 01, 2008, 09:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecily

Okay, it really wasn't him, but someone posing as him who she talked to for over six minutes. :P

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I hope this spot is appropriate -- I figured the comedy section would work, but judging on the video I figured some political talk would come from it. Anyway, here's the video, if you haven't heard it already. :p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV_IphAIGPg

When I first listened to the video I wasn't sure whether to be amused or to feel bad. It's painful to just hear it, and while I feel sorry for Sarah Palin because of the humiliation, I can't believe her aides actually put her on the phone with the guy, that she talked to him, AND that she continued to talk to him. Was she that desperate for some sort of publicity that she actually thought she was talking Nicolas Sarkozy?

If you listen closely some of the things he says are completely outrageous (well, most of the time you don't have to pay close attention since it's obvious :P), yet she still stayed on the line with him.