LFL Boot Camp (Recruiting - Looking for the next Dakota Hughes)

Started by mia h, August 18, 2014, 02:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mia h

Welcome to the LFL

Formerly known as the Lingerie Football League, the Legends Football League is a 7 v 7 full contact American football league. Like every fledgling sport creating a viable fanbase is difficult, the US league currently has 10 teams but over the league's 5 year lifespan 8 teams have folded the main difficulty being getting bums on seats.

The Game

A new LFL franchise has been announced the Miami Sirens, it announced open tryouts for players and then immediately ran into some problems with the various sponsors. With the coaching staff already under contract this left the owner with a huge problem, let the franchise fold before it had played even one game or find a way to cut costs. The owner decided to try and keep the dream alive, as a new team the Sirens won't be expected to win any games in there first season so if the team isn't the best but can generate enough interest to keep going then maybe they can worry about winning games next season. The result is that the Miami Sirens have decided that they won't be trying to hiring any stars from other teams, it will be a team of total rookies. Also the final roster of 20 players won't solely be decided by athletic ability, any player that can get themselves noticed through social media and the more traditional press might edge out more talented players if it serves the business needs of the team.

The game will follow the eight week training and selection process of the final 20 Miami Sirens as the rookie players fight for their place on the team.

Roles
Everyone apart from the owner is up for grabs. So would-be players, coaches, physios, PR staff etc. are all possibilities.
An in depth knowledge of football isn't required, especially for the new players (that's what the coaches are for :P ) as the entire set up is a little under-experienced so not knowing the finer points of the game is completely in keeping with the set up.

Current Roster

Staff
Stacey Gibson - Team Owner
Declan Beck - Assistant Coach : vin26m
Simon Davis - Fitness Coach : Eiselmann
Arthur Durant - Head Coach : caelcormac
Natasha Price - Assistant Coach : River

Players
Natasha McCallum : Red Eve
Kumiko Sakamoto : vin26m
Jessica Booth : MTPersson
Aurora Valdez : Kokaine
Kamryn Phoenix : Kokaine

Links
Various parts of the LFL site that give background info on the game, players and you can even catch a game.
http://www.lflus.com/lfl-101
http://www.lflus.com/league-stats
https://www.youtube.com/user/LingerieFootball

Template Character sheets
Player

[float=left][img]Image should be 150x200px. Just ask for help if this a problem[/img][/float]
[b]Player : [/b]
[b]Name : [/b]
[b]Age : [/b]
[b]Height : [/b]
[b]Weight : [/b]

[b]Personality : [/b]

[b]Sexual Orientation : [/b]

[b]Sexual Preferences : [/b]

[b]Sports Played : [/b]

[b]Additional Images : [/b]
[spoiler]
Optional
[/spoiler]

[b]Background : [/b]

Staff

[float=left][img]Image should be 150x200px. Just ask for help if this a problem[/img][/float]
[b]Player : [/b]
[b]Name : [/b]
[b]Age : [/b]
[b]Height : [/b]
[b]Weight : [/b]
[b]Gender : [/b]

[b]Managerial\Coaching Position : [/b]

[b]Personality : [/b]

[b]Sexual Orientation : [/b]

[b]Sexual Preferences : [/b]

[b]Additional Images : [/b]
[spoiler]
Optional
[/spoiler]

[b]Background : [/b]

If you do wish to fill out a CS can you PM them to me and not post them in the thread.

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

RedEve

I love this idea!

One minor problem is that I am indeed not very versed in gridiron football, nor its lingerie counterpart.

But if this is not a problem I would be very interested in participating in this.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

mia h

The only people who would need to have at least a rudimentary grasp of the game is the coaching staff.
PR\Media types wouldn't need to know all the mechanics of what they are selling, they just need to know how to make it look good. And the prospective players could come from more or less any athletic background, while running with the ball is a little bit more difficult than sprinting in a straight line someone from that kind of background could become a Running Back. Fitness competitors have the strength and explosive power to be linebackers etc. But that would be more of a problem for the coaching staff, working out the players talents and figuring out where to put them.

As for lingerie, that was dropped last year and replaced by uniforms that are similar to what you'd see on a professional athletics track.

RedEve

Since the game would be focused on the training camp/boot camp that is to weed out the prospective players, I assume that most of the drama would revolve around their rivalry?

How much intrigue/drama are you looking for? Is everything fair game? Like, could a potential recruit sleep with one of the coaches to get an edge on the competition?

mia h

The prospective players have got two aims :
A - show that they are good enough to be on the team through their physical skills
B - make a name for themselves so they act as a draw for potential fans

All things being equal A should be more important than B, but because to the teams financial problems as long as the players can convince the coaching staff by whatever means they choose that they are good enough to be on the team as long as they have lots of fans then that might be enough to make the final squad of 20.
The publicity side would be a combination of organized PR events (photoshoots, charity events and the like) alongside whatever the players did themselves (night time excursions to clubs, vast number of twitter followers, article in TMZ linking them to some high roller) and of course getting a reputation as being the bad girl of the team could be just as big a draw as being the girl next door come good.

vin26m

I would also like to play a coach.  One who bring out the best in his players and takes advantage of them, too.

RedEve

Is Mia even accepting CS already though?
And if so, where did you get the template?

mia h

Quote from: RedEve on August 21, 2014, 03:06:55 AM
You'll have to ask vin, because I have no idea  :P

Having said that it's a pretty good layout, I'll stick a template in the opening post based on it. I wasn't going to put one up yet because no-one else had actually expressed any kind of interest.

mia h

vin26m

Quote from: RedEve on August 21, 2014, 03:06:55 AM
Is Mia even accepting CS already though?

We had one going a while ago...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=122848.0  (has links to other threads related to it)

I took down my character sheets as per mia's request.  I'll put them back up when I make them more fitting to this game.

Not sure if I want a coach and player or two players yet.

mia h

Player : me :)
Name : Stacey Gibson
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 120 lbs

Managerial\Coaching Position : Owner

Personality : Stacey is determined and easy going in equal measure, so once she sets her mind to doing something she will make sure she gets there but if the route isn't exactly the one she first planned then she doesn't worry about it. She has no problem with mistakes or people that make them on two conditions, firstly they admit it and secondly they don't do it again. Stacey also knows that she has to juggle the visible aspects of her persona depending on the situation, as the public face of the team she is charming and confident, in the boardroom she's a hard nosed negotiator. When problems arise her instinct is to understand and deal with the situation calmly but if the need arises she is capable of tearing someone a new one. Outside of her job Stacey is very private, mainly because she get so little time to herself but a quiet evening by the fire with a glass of wine and a good book is her preferred method of winding down.

Sexual Orientation : Straight

Sexual Preferences : O's & O's

Background :
Stacey isn't the typical image of the owner of a football team, even a womens one and in truth Stacey's being the owner is somewhat accidental. This is in keeping with the rest of Stacey's life that has never worked out exactly as she had planned, that's not to say that those detours were all bad. The first detour was in University where the funding for her scholarship was cancelled, Stacey only managed to stay enrolled by getting alternative funding through joining the University's cheer squad. Stacey's plans to study for her MBA took a detour when she managed to get a try out for the Jacksonville Jaguars cheerleading squad, which allowed her to earn and study part time. It was during this time that her younger sister, Erica met one of the clubs sponsors, Paul, and the pair eventually married. Being the sister-in-law to a sponsor came with it's perks and Stacey was found a position in the Media department, while she was mainly ignored by the more senior management Stacey did learn a lot about operating within a major sports franchise.
When the LFL expansion was announced Stacey's brother-in-law was interested but his ownership had potential conflict of interest problems, so it was decided that on paper Stacey would be the owner but the money and big picture planning would be handled by Paul. Stacey's experience as both a cheerleader and Media wrangler made her the perfect beard and was bound to attract media attention. However three months ago Stacey's now soon-to-be-ex-brother-in-law discovered that Erica had been having affairs with every pool boy they'd ever hired, this meant that he quietly pulled the money from the new LFL franchise. Stacey could have let the team fold then but decided to try keep the franchise alive and is using every little trick she picked up in Jacksonville to do just that.

RedEve

Here is my character concept, posted here upon Mia's approval:

Player : RedEve
Name : Natasha McCallum
Height : 5’9
Weight : 134 lbs

Personality : Natasha is a fairly laid back individual. Not much gets her either too high or too low. She enjoys having a good time and does not take life too seriously. Apart from her two siblings and a small group of close friends, she doesn’t have a huge social circle, but she actually does not terribly mind that. She likes her freedom and the notion that she can just up and leave at a moment’s notice whenever she wants to.

Sexual Preferences : Pretty straightforward and vanilla. She is monogamous and when she is in a relationship, she mostly gets her pleasure from regular vaginal and oral intercourse. She is less fond of anal sex but has engaged in it on occasion to please her partner.

Sports Played : Natasha played soccer and basketball in high school. She kept on playing pick-up soccer all through college.

Background : Natasha hails from California, where her parents settled in the late 80s to start a family. She is the middle of three children, with an older brother Scott and a younger sister Amy. Both siblings share her love of sports, with her brother even earning a scholarship at a college with a Division II football program. Her sister is her HS track star. Natasha herself was never a particularly brilliant student, but she never truly struggled at school either. She earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism at UCLA and dropped out in the first semester of trying to earn her Masters. Whilst in college she also dabbled a bit in modeling, mostly some catalogue work for a local lingerie store. She has found a job at a small local paper in San Fernando, where she mostly covers the HS teams. She read the ad for the try-outs to the new LFL franchise online and is willing to give up her job and relocate to Florida for a chance to play in said league. 

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

vin26m

Player : vin26m
Name : Kumiko Sakamoto
Height : 5'8"
Weight : 140 lbs.

Personality : Kumiko is loving and sweet one moment but wild and crazy the next.  She hates working out but loves practicing and playing.  Her competitiveness gets her in trouble as much as it boosts her performance, and she loves attention.

Sexual Orientation : Bisexual

Sexual Preferences : A true BDSM switch, Kumiko loves to dominate and be dominated, tie up and get tied up, inflict pain and endure it.  She loves humiliation, degradation, verbal abuse, exhibitionism, wearing costumes and roleplay.

Sports Played : Judo, rugby, sumo, ice skating.

Background : Kumiko is the daughter of a Japanese figure skater and an American businessman.  She was raised in an affluent part of Japan and escaped a life of the rich and famous with movies and video games. She constantly got in trouble in school until the school's phys. ed. teacher convinced her to take out her stress on the rugby pitch.

In high school, she eventually found her passion in rugby, where she was allowed to beat up on other girls. In college, a girlfriend got her into judo, which she took up as an excuse to roll around the mat with guys and girls. 

A sci-fi and fantasy nerd, she started getting into costume design for her favorite characters and wearing them in public. She was a late bloomer who suddenly became beautiful overnight, and was quickly picked up to be a car show model after showing off her costumes at conventions.

The camera loved her cosplay outfits and the flirtatious ways she posed in them.  She did not fit the classical template of a fashion model, so walking the runway was not an option for her.  Still, she was able to market herself on social media, and has a growing legion of thousands of fans that follow her.

Settling into Miami for a bit, she jumped at the chance to try out for the Miami Sirens.  Her growing legion is already supporting her endeavor, and she hopes to become even more popular while wearing a sexy outfit playing a sport that uses her skill set of blocking, tackling and running.

vin26m

Player : vin26m
Name : Declan Beck
Height : 6'5"
Weight : 265 lbs.

Personality : Beck is cocky and aggressive, but he combines his steeled nerves and iron will with a heart of gold.  He is not completely sold on the idea of women playing football yet, but he's going to honor his commitment to his team and show them how to win.

Sexual Preferences : Beck likes to dominate women, particularly strong ones, whether that strength is physical, mental or social. 

Sports Played : Football.

Background : Beck was a college football player for the University of Miami.  He tried to get into the NFL, but went undrafted, and later played in the Canadian Football League (CFL), where he was injured.  He retired early and attempted to start pursuing a new dream - if he couldn't play at the highest level, he wanted to coach there, in the NFL.   He attempted to start the climb to the top by coaching in the CFL, but he didn't have the opportunity.  After coaching a high school team of delinquents and while serving as an assistant coach at his alma mater, the University of Miami, a head coach position opened up with the new local LFL team.  He's not sure if this is the correct route to go to follow his ultimate dream, but he wanted to be in charge of his own team again... even if they're just a bunch of women.  For now, he was content as a coordinator instead of head coach.

Mtpersson

Player : MTPersson
Name : Jessica ’Jessie’ Booth
Height : 5’8"
Weight : 120lbs

Personality : Jessie is an outgoing person who has a wide social group of friends with whom she stays in regular contact with. However, within this group are a smaller sect of strong friends that Jessie would share any secret with; she values them highly and loves them like family. A carefree spirit, Jessie will often act before fully thinking through the consequences of her actions but for her, seizing the moment and having fun is her main objective in life.

Sexual Orientation : Bisexual

Sexual Preferences : Jessie, though not inexperienced, hasn't experimented much with sex. It's true that she has had both male and female partners in the past but the kinkiest thing she has done involved a simple pair of handcuffs and a blindfold. Receiving good oral sex is one of the many pleasures she finds in life.

Sports Played : Growing up as a child, Jessie spent most of her free time in the water. She's a strong swimmer but her first love is surfing. To Jessie, nothing can match the happiness she feels when she's riding a killer wave. An athletic person, she loves sports of any kind and is willing to throw herself into any sporting challenge.

Background : Jessie grew up on the Hawaiian island of Niihau, an only child to her parents. From an early age, they encouraged Jessie to explore the surrounding beauty of the island and she would often go exploring with her friends. As she grew older, so did her adventurousness and Jessie started taking part in extreme sports, primarily surfing. Though she was a bright child, she was prone to skipping school and spending the day surfing and swimming among the clear waters, exploring the underwater worlds around her home. From time to time she would compete in competitions and blow the competition out of the water. During this time, Jessie was a part of her school’s athletics team and was later awarded a scholarship to study at the University of Southern California. It didn't last, however, as her fledging career as a competitive surfer took up more of her time. Chasing a new challenge, she has come to Florida to try out for the new LFL franchise more as a passing curiosity than anything serious.

River

I'd love to play this, and since I actually play Women's Gridiron IRL, I can play coaching staff and/or player. If you're still taking people for either one of those, I'd love to fill the void!
𝖲𝗍𝖺𝗍𝗎𝗌: Open to suggestions for future scenarios.
𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖣𝗂𝗌𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌
𝖥𝗋𝖾𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗇𝖼𝗒: within 48-72 hours.

mia h

Quote from: River on August 27, 2014, 06:10:24 AM
I'd love to play this, and since I actually play Women's Gridiron IRL, I can play coaching staff and/or player. If you're still taking people for either one of those, I'd love to fill the void!
There's definately room for both and if you to come up with something for both that's fine.

River

I'd prefer if I play one char, if that's alright. I don't know why but my writing seems to lack on quality if I do more than one char.

I'm happy to play either, but I'd like to be able to use my knowledge as a Coach ( despite it asking for men ) It's up to you really :)
𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖣𝗂𝗌𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌

mia h

The coaches don't have to be male, it's just that with none of the players being male any male character would have to be on the coaching\management side of things.
And there is just a tiny gender inbalance so more males would be good

River

I understand completely :) I'll keep an eye on the thread for when make interest spikes :)
𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖣𝗂𝗌𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌

mia h

Attractive, athletic women wearing football uniforms that only cover the minimum. I can't understand why they're not queuing round the block  ;D

River

Won't be too long till someone bites, I might ask around and see if I can't get some people to have a look :)
𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖣𝗂𝗌𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌

eiselmann

Bites...

Have a fitness coach character in mind however its 5am here and I should still be sleeping so will be a couple of hours before I post my guys character sheet.
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

mia h

Quote from: eiselmann on August 27, 2014, 11:56:29 AM
Bites...

Have a fitness coach character in mind however its 5am here and I should still be sleeping so will be a couple of hours before I post my guys character sheet.
No rush. Just PM it across when you work out which day of the week it is  :-)