The Crystal's Blessing (Medieval fantasy setting)

Started by Jackalope, July 19, 2013, 06:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsptGoddess

Bahaha. Looks like you've already got a couple fans of that gentle giant, ElCapitan.

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on July 26, 2013, 01:20:23 AM
Totally what went through my head!  But it was more along the lines of
"Heell yeeess!"

I see drooling in our future. >>;

TheDreadPirateRoberts

Still any openings for this one? Would be quite interested as I am a fan of the *ahem* outside inspiration. lol Know I'd need to whip up a CS but wanted to double check availability before character creation.

CarnivorousBunny

Username: Carnivorousbunny
Name: Pagasa Puno
Sex: Female
Appearance: Pagasa is five feet and ten inches with a medium, toned build, weighing out at one hundred fifty pounds.  Her body has filled out quite well, but she feels a bit like a manly giantess next to the other girls.  It doesn't help that she's accumulated quite a collection of scars all over her  from sparring with her father. 
Biography: Pagasa is the blacksmith's daughter.  She has a reputation for being a level headed girl with a good head on her shoulders.  She's alert, creative, but maybe a little too relaxed and optimistic for her own good.  'Bear' is one of her better friends, and she loves how his height makes her feel like a regular girl.   
While she had no real interest in smithing or combat, it was unavoidable that she help at least lift things and get an exposure to weapons.  For as long as she could remember her father, determined not to lose his only child, would force her to wield sword and spar with him and the warriors of the village in preparation for her coming of age.  Because of that this she has grown up quite strong but more capable in battle.  Pagasa, however, has a problem with the idea of extinguishing life.
When not sparring or bothering Bear at the forge, Pagasa can be found with her mother, helping her repair clothes and making dresses and loving it.  Despite her reputation as a capable warrior, Pagasa is actually very feminine with no desires for adventure and grandeur. 

Equipment: Her father's best short sword, a small shield, leather armour, waterskin, and a simple first aid kit.
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Jackalope

I'm pretty happy with the character sheets and we have 7 players/8 characters which works for me. Sorry Dread (Love your name by the way :P).

One everyone's got all the edits they want to make sorted out I figure we can get the actual game up... I'm not really sure how much sex is likely to be involved in this, but it'll certainly get pretty violent and having never actually started a RP here before I'm not entirely sure where to put it.

As for pre game relationships, I don't imagine my shut in bookworm would have a great deal of friends, but Ivan gets around the village with his many odd jobs and would be likely to know pretty much everyone to some extent.

gsptGoddess

I would imagine non-con would be the safest place to put this. It doesn't seem like it'd go very far (or at all) into the Extreme category, so that would be the safest bet.

Jackalope

Well, I don't really expect to see any non con stuff, I just meant violent as in swords and gore.

TheDreadPirateRoberts

Thanks. And no worries, I shall still enjoy following the game progression. And this way I can do so without any pressures of participation lol.

Drake Valentine

And edit sheet. Hope that fairs for history.

Also on magic. Hmmmmmmmmm. Was debating if I wanted him to really know how to use 'his' currently or just assume at the beginning certain techniques require more energy than others; which in turn he is actually wielding the force of it, but doesn't catch on till later in said play.  Maybe the latter, I do want him to discover himself and become more and more antihero-ey. ;)

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Jackalope

Quote from: TheDreadPirateRoberts on July 26, 2013, 07:38:27 AM
Thanks. And no worries, I shall still enjoy following the game progression. And this way I can do so without any pressures of participation lol.

As you wish :P

Quote from: Drake Valentine on July 26, 2013, 08:47:22 AM
And edit sheet. Hope that fairs for history.

Also on magic. Hmmmmmmmmm. Was debating if I wanted him to really know how to use 'his' currently or just assume at the beginning certain techniques require more energy than others; which in turn he is actually wielding the force of it, but doesn't catch on till later in said play.  Maybe the latter, I do want him to discover himself and become more and more antihero-ey. ;)

The crystals in his chest would protect him from miasma to an extent, depending on how big they are (I'm assuming very small). Kinetic energy spells work as a kind of energy transfer. Your own body has to be able to withstand the forces you're putting out (Newton's laws and all that) but it's possible to focus a sort of containment field to prevent yourself from being knocked back or crushed by the forces of your own magic. That's seriously advanced stuff mind you and it's easy to make a mistake. The more energy you put out, the more energy it requires, scaling up. Kinetic force is the easiest way to use magic, so less focus is required to just channel it at people or through objects.

CarnivorousBunny

Okay, I think I'm done.
Changed her from a brawler to an actual warrior.  I figured as the blacksmith who makes weapons for everyone, he could ask favours from the fighters of the village and have them train his daughter.

I was thinking of giving Pagasa magical capabilities, possibly healing if such magic exists, but she's already a warrior and I didn't want to give her too much useful traits. 
my  o&o and a&a

Jackalope

Drake Valentine

Sorry for delay in responding. I thought I did reply back, guess my net fickle. >.>

Hmm, yes I figure the crystal would be smaller fragments within his chest, multiple ones mind you.  Possibly enough that would make up one whole small crystal if they were together? Well, depending on how big the smaller ones are.

I could change it to 'force.' Though when I think kinetic force, I usually visualize Star Wars and force pushing things. Maybe he can rework his way up to if you prefer it to be more advanced technique. I don't mind either way, leveling up is always fun in my books in terms of experience and memory retrieval. xD

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

CarnivorousBunny

Okay, so how would healing magic work in this universe?

I'm going to make Pagasa completely clueless about her magical capabilities. She'll simply tries to start a conversation with Wallace by asking him about magic and decides to give it a try for kicks, not really expecting anything to happen, then it turns out she has a good amount of potential in that field.
Would that be okay?
my  o&o and a&a

Jackalope

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on July 27, 2013, 10:19:00 AM
Okay, so how would healing magic work in this universe?

I'm going to make Pagasa completely clueless about her magical capabilities. She'll simply tries to start a conversation with Wallace by asking him about magic and decides to give it a try for kicks, not really expecting anything to happen, then it turns out she has a good amount of potential in that field.
Would that be okay?

Yeah, that sounds fine to me. I'm gonna leave magic as a pretty open ended thing, how it works is pretty flexible, it's a fairly recent discovery and people are still learning a lot about it. Healing magic could be anything from laying on hands and curing disease to rapidly enhancing someone's natural healing rate.

Quote from: Drake Valentine on July 27, 2013, 10:08:25 AM
I could change it to 'force.' Though when I think kinetic force, I usually visualize Star Wars and force pushing things. Maybe he can rework his way up to if you prefer it to be more advanced technique. I don't mind either way, leveling up is always fun in my books in terms of experience and memory retrieval. xD

I suppose it could work that way too. But all I'm saying is, it's not easy to blast holes in people with kinetic energy :P

ElCapitan

Final edits will come later, but just wanted to drop a magic idea.

The overall theme seems to be action/reaction.  Hitting someone with enough force to move them wouldn't be very effective without anchoring oneself first.  Like if Masa were to hit Bear with 300 lbs of force, Bear would move, but Masa would move nearly twice as far.

Healing could work similar.  Any natural healing takes energy, and speeding that up would mean more energy spent faster.  The trick to a healer not killing themselves would be controlling where the spent energy comes from.  Could cause a coma for a few days / weeks in either to stop bleed out.  Could suck the life from some small critter to heal something else.

EDIT: Edits to my character sheet are done.  Is this game still going?

gsptGoddess

xRebecca

This seems *very* nice to me. Are you still recruiting?
~Do I want to be with you as the years come and go?
Only forever if you care to know.
Would I grant all your wishes and be proud of the task?
Only forever if someone should ask.

~Even when I'm clumsy, I'll try to make it into something graceful.

ElCapitan

Quote from: xRebecca on August 13, 2013, 04:36:37 PM
This seems *very* nice to me. Are you still recruiting?

Not the GM, but if he doesn't come back I'm thinking we can mutiny.  Hijack.  Commandeer?

Katiana

ElCapitan

Either way, I'd say write up a character if you're interested.  Worse case it ends up being practice.

Love And Submission

I'm also  interested if you do start recruiting again.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Jackalope

Oh, wow... This thread went quiet and I stopped getting updates so I haven't been around for a while. I didn't realise there was still interest in it. Sorry for the considerable delay, I imagine a few people have dropped out by now because of it. Post your sheets and I'll get in touch with our current applicants to see if they're still in. Again, sorry about that.

ElCapitan

Yea, I'm still in.  I like the idea of a little more 'low fantasy' setting too.

username: ElCapitan
Name: Alan 'Bear' Weaverson
Sex: Male
Appearance: Bear has had his nickname since he was a little boy, and quickly grew into it. He towers above everyone else in the village at 6'5" and weighs in at a solid 265lbs.  His body is layers of thick hardened muscled, built by years of hard work on his family's farm and toned by recent years at the smith's anvil.  His skin is tanned darker than most, and has a rough quality.  He moves with a slow deliberate manner, very aware of his bulk and careful not to accidentally hurt anyone.
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 265lbs
Build: Heavy muscle, rough hands
Hair color / style: Blonde / scruffy and short
Eye color: Blue
Piercings: None
Tattoos: Tattoos
Scars: Countless small scars on hands and fore arms.

Biography: Bear has always lived in the village, and always strived to protect it.  His family owns one of the farms, and raised him to be both practical and prudent.  Generally quiet, the boy had always been large, and was often called on to be an enforcer for other children his age.  While he appreciates a good joke, he has a short temper for pranks.  Ever since he had started his apprenticeship at the blacksmith, Bear had grown a solid friendship with Pagasa, the smith's daughter.  While Bear had learned how to forge weapons and armor with reasonable skill, he prefered to stick to more 'useful' things like plows and kettles.  But it was the finer work still that captured his heart.  Time not spent being bothered by Pagasa at the forge, or being roped into a reluctant sparring session, was spent with a tiny set of metal workers tools. Carving, engraving, embossing, and anything else that could turn a simple belt buckle or teapot into something beautiful.

Bear is answering the call of the village out of a need more than desire.  The sooner they can gather the myyrh, the sooner he can return to the heat of the forge.

Equipment: Bear carries a few useful tools, including a sturdy knife.  Weapons are limited to a simple but effective hammer, more of a sledge really.  He has managed to craft a breastplate for himself, which he wears underneath his coat.  Much of his gear is self made, or specially designed to fit his own buckles and metal bits.  Something of note, every buckle has fine, detailed engravings that Bear carved himself.

Jackalope

Right, I got some PMs out and I'll just give everyone a little time to get back to me about whether they're still in or not.

gsptGoddess