The Adventure Begins ~ Rhedyn's Ideas (M/F + M/M ideas currently)

Started by Rhedyn, February 16, 2011, 10:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhedyn

I am unavailable for new roleplays at this time.

What I’m looking for in a writing partner – I’m looking for writers who are interested in crafting a story and developing characters and not necessarily jumping into/focusing on sex scenes. Writers of all genders welcome! While I do not require people to write reams of words in their posts I do expect more than a sentence or two.

I can be a slow poster. I try to post on my stories at least once a week. Sometimes I manage to post multiple times a week sometimes it takes me longer than a week depending on my mood and RL. Even if it takes me a while a post is coming. If this is likely to be a problem then you may be better off looking elsewhere.

A list of all my current, completed and abandoned stories can be found in my O/Os thread which is linked in my signature. Feel free to take a look to see if you think we will write well together.

I will be updating this thread as I come up with new ideas, re-open and/or re-vamp older ideas. Those that are in discussion or taken will be labelled as such.

I do not pick writing partners on a first come first served basis. I expect the people I write with to contribute their own ideas to the story so that it becomes something we create together rather than something one of us pushes forward alone.

If you are interested in any of these ideas, or have one of your own you'd like to ask about, please PM me to discuss them.

~Ideas I Am Currently Seeking~

Magnum Opus ~ available ~ M/M

“At last, it is done.” Aindel took a step back from the table and straightened his back with a stifled groan, his eyes fixed on the small clinquant statue amid remnants of jewels, gold leaf and tools. It was no taller than his little finger but, he knew, that it was the piece he would be remembered for, the piece that would mark his name as one of the great artists of all time. He felt the certainty of this thought swell and knew the simple truth in the statement that he had finally created his magnum opus. Faren could go suck a pig’s balls, now he could render him and his critical opinion obsolete.

Based on the above paragraph that I wrote for the Word Of The Day challenge in E's Storyteller's Cafe I'd like to write a M/M story about two rival artists. I want it to be more heavily centred around their relationship and competition with each other, jealousy towards each other's work and generally trying to prove to the other that they are the best, probably with a fair amount of sabotage along the way. Their names are not set (that's just what I came up with for the paragraph) nor is the setting. Modern, historical or steampunk I think would work well but I'm really open to suggestions, discussion and ideas. Could be an adult or non-adult story though it should be noted that I'm not looking for anything that's too smut heavy if the pair end up developing a sexual relationship.

Death Becomes Her ~ available ~ M/F

She doesn’t know who she was or why it happened, only that she is undead and a tool of destruction.

I would like to write a story with my Draenei Death Knight set during Wrath Of The Lich King. There are several ideas that could be used as a starting point to work from, I am completely open to discussion and input with any of these or some of your own. Kayhlen is not a submissive character and I’m not looking for her to be in a submissive position if power play comes into this story at all.

~ Our characters meet while Kayhlen is still an instrument of the Lich King. This could be in the service of the Lich King with them both being Death Knights, on the battlefield/attack if you wanted to play a character that is not a Death Knight. One or both of them must be liberated from this servitude.
~ Our characters meet shortly after Kayhlen has escaped from servitude to the Lich King, disorientated and with little knowledge of herself beyond her name and pre-death knight calling.
~ Your character knows Kayhlen from before she is enslaved by the Lich King and has come to liberate her.

How our characters meet will have a big bearing on the direction of the story itself and their adventure together. All is open to planning, discussion and surprise, all I am currently set on is the character I want to play and where in WoW’s timeline I would like it to take place.

Make Love Not War ~in discussion (as of May 17, 2017) ~ M/F

Two kingdoms are at war and have been for generations over a scrap of resource rich land that separates the two. The current rulers have never met but have inherited a long running feud, their hatred for each other fuelled by their families, history and politics of their courts. There comes a time, however, where the pair must meet in an attempt to come to some sort of arrangement only to find themselves getting far more than they bargained for.

I'd like a fantasy setting with this one so it will involve some world building. The resource/land in question could be sacred in some way, magical, historically important or hold some other valuable resource. The two 'sides' could be human or a fantasy race of some kind, I'm open to ideas for the characters, world and plot. There are many ways it could end both happily and tragically, it's all completely open to discussion.

Rhedyn

Updated with some new ideas - Of Men and Courtesans, There Can Be Only One and Just Another Zombie Story.

Rhedyn

Updated Futile Prayers and added A Good Day's Hunting, Careful What You Wish For and The Satyr's Seduction.

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

Tidied the thread and added Hotel California, Faery Story and Three's A Crowd..?

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

Added new ideas: Married To A Monster, Haunted and Runaway.

Rhedyn

Added some new and re-vamped old ideas; Careful What You Wish For, Of Men And Courtesans, Make Love Not War and Falling From Grace.

Rhedyn

Updated the thread, removed a couple of ideas and added Magnum Opus.

Rhedyn

Added Death Becomes Her, Curse Of The Wild Witch and reopened Make Love Not War.

Rhedyn