A dinotopia set roleplay

Started by playfullchick76, May 04, 2010, 09:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playfullchick76

Ive tried to roleplay this in the main forums, but got no takers, so,I'm offering it here, as it wouldnt have any sex in it.

i would be a pilot flying a supply plane to Diego Garcia,get caught in a bad storm, be hit by lightning and crash on the island.

If your familiar with it, the whole dinotopia world, do tell, Im really wanting to play this out at last.

Skystomp

I love Dinotopia, the movie wasn't so good, but the books ROCKED. Damnit, now I'm going to have to yank them all out and re-read them again. I'd be interested.
The only way you fail, is by not trying.
Linkara "I read it and I wish I hadn't!"

playfullchick76

My god, this is definately one from the vaults. I'm glad to see that you looked back and saw it, I didnt think anyone would want to play it out with me. I did have most of the books, my fav was windchaser and dinotopia lost, and I had the bigger picture books, as well as the jigzaw's. Not anymore though. I do still have the collector cards.

The books were set in the 1860's, and the movie and the series were set now. So who would you want to be from Dinotopia. Perhaps you would be going through the jungle bordering the Rainy Basin, home of the carnosaurs and find my plane there.

Skystomp

Yeah, I tend to look backwards and see whatelse is out there. Some real gems like this one can be found if one is willing to look. And I looked and went omg! Dinotopia and then spent the next hour digging my books out from their various burial spots.

That's actually what I was thinking, a sorta of outsider/loner type, not sure if he'd be a Outsider or a Native, but partnered up with a Velociraptor companion picking up bits from the jungle ruins and making nice nice with the T-rexs by staying out from under their feet and rescuing the occassional youngling when they wander into some place they should and is to small for the adults to get them out.

Are you thinking of setting it in modern(ish) times or in another time all together?

playfullchick76

hmm, he could be a native or an outsider, whichever works best for you. I like the idea of him being partnered with a velociraptor, which would shock my character and make her feel as if she was in the jurassic park trilogy.

It could be set now, in modern times, as thats what I had pictured. I wasnt a huge fan of the series though.

I like what youve thought up on your character. I could start this up with me in my plane, being hit by lightning and losing an engine, forcing me to lose altitude. I would be expecting to hit water, but be surprised to see land underneath me. The sound of my right engine as it goes over your home would wake both of you up, and in the morning, both of you would go out and search for my plane.

Skystomp

That works for me. I think I like something a little more modern. Makes it... I don't know, more interesting that the outside world has more and more of a chance of finding Dinotopia and them having to deal with that discovery.

I'm thinking native, grew up in Dinotopia and so only has second and third hand knowledge of the outside world.

playfullchick76

So do you want to start it off. I can start it up easily enough if you prefer. I'll put it in the non adult rp section, and call it Crash landing on Dinotopia. What do you think.

Skystomp

I admit that I don't know how to start a thread just yet. So give me till sunday afternoon, I'll mess around while I'm still awake and post a link here when I get it.

Skystomp