News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

So a lawyer gets to heaven.

Started by Inkidu, September 05, 2008, 11:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

And he's met by this huge precession of angels, Jesus, God the whole shebang!
Trumpets, rockets, miracles.

The lawyer walks up to Jesus and asks, "Is this the standard?"
"Oh no, you're a special case."
"Why?"
Jesus looks at him then speaks, "Well not only are you the first lawyer ever to get into heaven. You are also the longest living man in modern history. You've lived to be three hundred years-old."

"I'm only sixty-five." the lawyer says.
"Oh," Jesus replies and picks up a sheet of paper, and scans it. "All we did to get your age was add up your billable hours."
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

That's pretty good; but what I want to know is how he got to heaven in the first place!
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Inkidu

Well E has already hear this one about the how; proud to say it is a joke I've thought of entirely on my own.

It's a commonly understood that all lawyers go to hell, but I say that's impossible, because if you put that many legal minded persons in one place for an infinite amount of time they will find a loophole even in the Bible.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

ShrowdedPoet

. . .it was a miscalculation, he should have went to hell anyway.  Heaven has old computers that don't always do things right. . .*laughs*
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Trieste

'Cept Methuseleh was about 600 years older than the lawyer ...

King

I'm supposing that's where the "modern history" part came from? :D

The Overlord

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on September 09, 2008, 10:45:47 AM
. . .it was a miscalculation, he should have went to hell anyway.  Heaven has old computers that don't always do things right. . .*laughs*

In the standard model of Hell, I really doubt Satan would be cutting them any slack.  8)

The Great Triangle

Quote from: The Overlord on September 10, 2008, 02:18:54 AM
In the standard model of Hell, I really doubt Satan would be cutting them any slack.  8)

Doesn't really matter.  If you have an infinite amount of time, you can come up with any possible loophole whatsoever.  The only way the lawyers of the world could fail to think of a loophole would be if they had zero capacity for thought, which would imply that they're in infinite agony.  I think this demonstrates the problems with fire and brimstone hell quite effectively.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Trieste

Quote from: ceeking on September 10, 2008, 12:42:47 AM
I'm supposing that's where the "modern history" part came from? :D

Whoops, missed the word 'modern'. Thank you!  :-[

Inkidu

Why must people inject logic into jokes?

ShrowdedPoet

Because it's funny. . .why else. . .I perfer logic, makes things that are ACTUALLY funny much more funny!
Ons and Offs

Inkidu

Injecting logic before the joke is told is fine, but after it just kills it.

ShrowdedPoet

Ons and Offs

Inkidu

Eh maybe not for you but I find it kills the joke for a lot of others so I just try to give a good delivery and just leave the joke alone. It's like making muffins, you can't stir them too much or you end up with a bunch of big alcoves instead of a bunch of small little bubbles.

Apple of Eris

Feh! Whatever. You're all just jealous cuz when we go to hell we'll have already bargained for all the good spots before you get there and you'll be stuck in the smelly burning vats of feces while we spend lovely days and nights on the rotisserie of torment!
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Sabby

Is that the one next to Satans gay Luau party?

Apple of Eris

Also known as the most 'Faaaaabulous' place in the ever after
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

The Great Triangle

Even better than the infinite forest of flaming assless chaps?

wow.

Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs