Crown Wars (3.P DnD, Forgotten Realms) (recruitment open)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 29, 2013, 03:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolbrandr

The elves weren't an especially psionic people is what it is, as far as the Realms. The big psionic group in the Realms was Jhamdaath, and they were humans (and they're not for a while yet)

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, that's why psionics go for rarefied and may encourage psion interested chars look for kingdoms which 'lack' psionist. Psions in general are individuals and are not organized anyway. Although they can quickly see and recognize who is fellow psion and so overall elven psions may hold camaraderie which crosses kingdom borders (but not extend that they sell their countries, at least not other factors pressing in).

Kolbrandr

If/when the game gets going, might be a decent idea to have a "ask a thing about the Realms" thread as far as setting questions. I'm sure there are people besides me who have followed FR who can similarly provide responses on stuff.

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, and during recruitment folks can ask stuff about Realms general and also about the Crown Wars period in general. I provided links for good online sources but the Aryvandaar one is fan made and quite long to read for mere history lesson. Already some folks have PM'ed me ideas which do not work off hand without investing lot of time to 'speed up time' for stuff which occur after Crown Wars (like founding Netheril).

Kolbrandr

A thing worth bearing in mind about the crown wars, the whole thing runs across several thousand years in total (with various breaks of varying length inbetween) during the period of time when the elves were the dominant race of Faerun more or less. With armies in the tens of thousands clashing with each other across huge chunks of it, further helped out by that elves lived for quite a while during this time (and Realms elves are generally pretty long lived mofos at that).

Basically.. if you've ever read the Silmarillion? This is kinda sorta like that, except it's all elves, all the time (mostly).

Anon315

I imagine this version may have more sex than the Silmarillion.

Kolbrandr

Well that too.

Though man, that person that wants to found Netheril is making me wish there was some Netheril archmage game going, all flying cities and megalomaniacal god spiting hubris *sniff*

Zaer Darkwail

Rofl, Netheril era game may be next project if Crown Wars succeeds :P. All players must be casters and humans then (minus some elf here and there).

Anyways true, it may take thousands of years breaks but elves are not immortal and so somepoint you may seriously consider to marry your char and have a kid and watch kid's growth and training carefully as you will play your own char's descendant then.

kckolbe

I have a feeling there will be enough potential for child conception throughout this RP.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 01, 2013, 05:14:11 PM
Rofl, Netheril era game may be next project if Crown Wars succeeds :P. All players must be casters and humans then (minus some elf here and there).

Anyways true, it may take thousands of years breaks but elves are not immortal and so somepoint you may seriously consider to marry your char and have a kid and watch kid's growth and training carefully as you will play your own char's descendant then.

I was planning to ask to be a Baelnorn a good elven lich so she could continue her work, I thought that would be a worthwhile goal that could leave to divinity at some point. She would need the consent of several powerful elven elders with great magical power to pull it off and the consent of her goddess for sure. But its an option after all it would be to serve and protect her forests and her people so she might make the sacrifice for it.

Alternatively she could be made into a quasi-deity and living saint granted immortality and serve her goddess that way to.

NicciKotor

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 01, 2013, 05:14:11 PM

Except for me! I am having too much fun on the material plane to cut my vacation short, even if all of my chew toys get old and die.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Re Z L

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 01, 2013, 06:36:55 PM
I was planning to ask to be a Baelnorn a good elven lich so she could continue her work, I thought that would be a worthwhile goal that could leave to divinity at some point. She would need the consent of several powerful elven elders with great magical power to pull it off and the consent of her goddess for sure. But its an option after all it would be to serve and protect her forests and her people so she might make the sacrifice for it.

Alternatively she could be made into a quasi-deity and living saint granted immortality and serve her goddess that way to.

I'm sure my alchemist could help you find a way to become immortal  ;)
A&A

NicciKotor

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 01, 2013, 12:22:10 PM
Well, if you do not mind Nicci's posting style then you can meet her and actually that happening supports very well on the initial entrance Nicci's char does in crashlanding on Aryvandarri empire and killing half-dozen high ranked nobles with meteor landing and then runs off from kingdom doing her usual mischief and when she arrives Miyeritari, then archmage from Aryvandari had succeed track her down and then they think the whole 'meteor landing' was Miyeritari plot to assassinate their diplomats meant send to convince about their claim peacefully.....all too perfect give Aryvandari a excuse to launch the mass military strike to crush Miyeritari under their feet.

Hey now, my posting style is just fine! And there is plenty of ways to go about this, as I could just comet into Miranda's keep and go from there. All though your idea is quite good and would earn plenty of brownie points for Miranda and her superiors to have me around. Since I did comet to the face several enemy politicians and got away with it too!
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

RubySlippers

Quote from: Re Z L on April 01, 2013, 07:29:39 PM
I'm sure my alchemist could help you find a way to become immortal  ;)

No she would go through the proper means being a guardian undead among proper elves is not easy or to be taken lightly. Being an immortal being under a deity requires well support of her patron deity.

Re Z L

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 01, 2013, 07:39:04 PM
No she would go through the proper means being a guardian undead among proper elves is not easy or to be taken lightly. Being an immortal being under a deity requires well support of her patron deity.

You give me much to think about...  and here I thought all I needed was science and clones.  ;D
A&A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Re Z L on April 01, 2013, 07:47:42 PM
You give me much to think about...  and here I thought all I needed was science and clones.  ;D

Im fine with old fashion vampireism
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

RubySlippers

She is a druid she would need to be pretty committed to her path to go the undead route.

But she would stay NG and not be as undesirable like other undead to have around at least among her people. The godling route is also an option. It not likely she will have children.

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 01, 2013, 08:10:46 PM
Im fine with old fashion vampireism

By the way, I don't think you ever gave a yes or no to the idea of my joining you as an underling again. ^^; Kimera's actually going to be playing in this game as my Eidolon, and he's apparently fine with participating in M/M content, so getting an answer will be important in determining whether he'll be a noble extraplanar steed summoned to carry my character forth into battle, or some centaur-like demon called up to serve in more erotic capacities.

theLeslie

Appearance

After much thought, I decided to just take the easy way out, and I made a commoner.  I look forward to her getting her butt kicked and being taken advantage of!  While the picture is quite naked, the character will only be wearing slightly more.  What good is clothing when you only want to run around naked?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=544879

kckolbe

Welcome to the commoner club.  I didn't have access to view your sheet, by the way.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Re Z L

Quote from: theLeslie on April 01, 2013, 08:40:16 PM
After much thought, I decided to just take the easy way out, and I made a commoner.  I look forward to her getting her being taken advantage of! 

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=544879

I look forward to taking advantage of helping a fellow citizen of Ilythiir  ;D
A&A

theLeslie

I think I didn't have it marked public.  First time using that sheet generation place.  Should be able to access it now!  Also edited the terrible post I made previously!  Can't forget to mention the butt kicking.

Re Z L

And now to consolidate the stuff I have put together for my character so far...

Tel'rasir Hune, the Mad Alchemist of Nova Attornash

Appearance

• Hair - White, waist length
  • Eyes - Red
  • Skin - Dark Olive Tan
  • Height - 6' 5"
  • Weight - 180 lbs
  • Age - 377
  • Special Characteristics - Four Arms
  • A thin but muscular Dark Elf, Tel'rasir is strange by most elvish standards.  He is exceptionally tall, though still maintains the ethereal grace of other elves--in fact he is much more fleet of foot than some other elves.  His height may be attributed to the strange concoctions he has ingested over his lifetime.  One trait that definitely stems from his strange alchemical brews is a second set of arms that have grown from his torso as if they always belonged there.  Typically he wears bulkier clothing if he needs to go into a city, but around his own estate he uses them without concern for the comfort of onlookers.

Character Sheet

Landlord Feat

A sizable estate that was later converted into more of a secured laboratory than a noble's house.  It is within a few miles of Nova Attornash along the river.  A rich deposit of alchemical resources can be found nearby which are gathered by some of the servants and used to produce a number of Alchemical goods, along with Tel'rasir's unique flesh-crafting skills.

Rooms

• Fancy Alchemist's Lab
  • Fancy Bedroom Suite
  • Fancy Common Area
  • Basic Bedrooms x3
  • Luxury Library
  • Fancy Study
  • Rogue Training Area
  • Basic Kitchen
  • Servant's Quarters x4
  • Barracks
  • Guard Post
  • Gatehouse
  • Luxury Bath

Walls

• Exterior:  Superior Masonry
  • Interior:  Wood
  • Lead Lined walls around the Alchemist's Lab

Other Features

• Iron Portcullis
  • Iron Doors x2
  • Strong Wooden Doors x10
  • Good Shutters x10
  • Amazing Lock x2
  • Good Lock x5
  • Average Locks x10
  • Everburning Torches x10

Leadership Feat

Tel'rasir has 600 followers broken down as follows:

• 4 Secretaries - They keep track and organize simple matters around the estate or appointments he needs to keep.  They alternate work schedules as needed to make up for vacation/time off, only one stays at the estate at any given time.
  • 4 Head Servants - Organize servant's affairs and duties around the estate.  Rotating schedule.
  • 4 Work Managers - Organizes/manages work around the estate, such as collecting alchemical supplies, hunting animals, etc.  Rotating schedule.
  • 4 Guard Captains - In charge of all guard duties.  Rotating schedule.
  • 4 Spymasters - Leaders of spy network.  They report to Tel'rasir on a random schedule.
  • 20 Alchemist Apprentices - Alchemy students that he sometimes teaches, they live within Nova Attornash.
  • 10 Animal Handlers - On call servants used to deal with animals brought to the estate from time to time.
  • 80 Workers - Perform work around the estate.  Brought to the estate as needed.
  • 20 Hunters - Specialized Workers who hunt various animals.
  • 150 Servants - Servants kept for maintaining the condition of the estate.  Only a handful remain at the estate at any given time.
  • 100 Guards - perform guarding duties.  Typically 20 present at any one time.
  • 40 Spies - A small spy network maintained within Nova Attornash.
  • 10 Awakened Anthropomorphic Animals - A handful of mutated animals he keeps at the estate for work/cleaning/guarding/entertaining as they are best suited.
  • 20 Messengers - For relaying messages of course.

Cohort

Level 7 Catfolk Rogue

One of Tel'rasir's earliest creations.  Through carefully conducted alchemical and surgical processes he was able to both create the humanoid cat-girl and imbue her with a normal level of intelligence (despite some minor regression to her more animalistic side).  Enamored with his success he has treated her exceptionally well and has kept her closely involved in the rest of his schemes.

Character History

Born into the noble house Hune, the current ruling House of Nova Attornash, Tel'rasir was rarely interested in the strange political games that his family often participated in.  Classical education only held his attention for so long when he was young.  Introduction into the art of poisons and alchemy immediately captured his mind and imagination.  Wise to the asset that a particularly skilled Alchemist could add to the house, his family tolerated his non-traditional pursuits and his often odd demeanor while encouraging his studies and hiring tutors to teach him the arts of Alchemy and the other sciences.  Where most young children were busy playing in the city, he was busy with impromptu experiments and dissections.

Despite his disinterest in the intrigue of court and inter-house politicking, he was still keenly interested in other "traditional" Dark Elf games--Treachery, Assassination, and Mystery.  His knowledge of biology gave him greater insight into the weaknesses of his fellow Dark Elves (and other beings aside), his knowledge of poisons made his attacks deadly, his sometimes feral cunning made him adept at dredging out the mysteries others tried to keep hidden. Having never trained with the traditional weapons of the Dark Elves he instead learned rudimentary martial arts which he could use to great effect, often pinning and incapacitating his opponents before they could ever react.

His role in Dark Elf society slowly changed over the course of his life from student, to supplier, to agent.  He enjoyed the challenges that came with ensuring the power of his House and it turned his scientific mind towards his own body.  Physical perfection was, after all, just a few modifications away.  Every change he underwent only helped him to further understand what he could do to his physical form.  His missions included work within the city itself as well as abroad to other elven nations where he performed the duties of a scribe for diplomats while also taking on more clandestine missions.

Just as he saw the way to perfect himself he also began to see that the ability to create life was within his hands.  Raw materials could be used to alter and improve upon existing species, be they animal or humanoid.  He studied diligently before recusing himself from society to advance his own experiments.  He moved into an estate a short distance from the city which he modified into a Alchemical Lab.  Using his pull as a noble he acquired a number of servants and other followers to secure his position.  Most were happy to let him experiment as most of his projects resulted in exotic goods the nearby city could use for profit.  His escape from the games of rulership also meant he would be no threat towards the political power of others within the city.

He remains in close contact with other members of his House, despite his lackadaisical attitude and whimsical nature.  Neither good natured, nor truly evil, he concerns himself most of all with the perfection of himself and his race.  He bears strong national pride (largely due to a sense of personal superiority) and believes Dark Elves will one day rule most of the rest of Fae'run.
A&A

Muse

So, Who's character is also from Myentar.  Anyone else?

--Might want that psionic cohort.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheGlyphstone